Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
31. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2008, 00:29 WebDemon

What's with Devs playing the blame game when their product turns out to be shit? For PC's it's piracy now, on the PS3 it was because "reviewers didn't know how to review it properly", and on and on it goes. Maybe these people should wake up and see that half finished or shitty games are the reason for their woes. Try making milestones instead of deadlines and maybe as your products improve, so will your review scores and word of mouth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deadliest Catch Game
8. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2008, 03:04 WebDemon

WTF? If we can't sink boats and kill fishermen then what's the point?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Duke says Feb 22, 2008, 02:28 WebDemon

So you predicted something on an unreleased clip that nobody's heard? Hmm. That's funny because I myself have predicted the outcome of the last 14 Superbowls, the last 8 elections, every season of American Idol AND Survivor. Of course nobody's ever heard me so it must be true right? Have a fucking seat media whores. Go work on your non-existent game so we can tear it a new asshole.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Formed
82. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 02:21 WebDemon

" more of a problem is the fact for years we been being served pushed out the door half finished games."

Amen to that. I noticed that games got in worse and worse shape as internet access became more widespread. Before games more or less worked as advertised. Then "Demo discs" started shipping with magazines. They usually held a demo or two, and a shitpile of patches for various games. Eventually most everybody got internet access and it became the norm to ship busted ass-games. It really had become ridiculous in terms of quality control. Way back you had to know what you were doing to a certain extent. Loading drivers into high memory to free up enough base ram and most people who owned a PC 20 years ago knew what they were doing. I remember having to write seperate .bat and .config files for boot disks for different games. Anybody remember trying to get Falcon 3 to run on a 386? (Ahh good old DOS 4GW Protected Mode.)
The average PC user now knows how to turn it on a work the mouse, but little else. THAT is the audience that's needed to bring PC gaming back, but it's also the audience with the least tolerance for problems of any kind.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 02:28.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Formed
67. Re: gimme flight and space sims please 8 Feb 20, 2008, 19:26 WebDemon

I had hoped that this would be the thing that brought me back to PC gaming because after 20 years of it, and playing a 360 for the last year, I REALLY miss the depth that the PC brings. Sadly, it just looks like a gang selling overly expensive shit that people don't really need to run games on. The very reason I left in the first place. When PC gaming doesn't cost me several grand every year and a half or so, I'll be back. They should have standardized AT LEAST 15 years ago. If they had, PC gaming wouldn't be the bleak place it is today. And before I get flamed for the last line there, if you really were gaming on a PC for the last 20 years or so, you'd KNOW that it's pretty bleak right now.
It's not going to die as some predicted, but it's not exactly a healthy baby boy right now. The other old farts will know what I mean.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2008, 12:36 WebDemon

For News you could try Macdailynews.com, but as for Mac gaming news, good luck with that. Unless you like Majong.

4. No subject Feb 16, 2008, 12:33 WebDemon

God, for a minute there I thought it said R.I.P. David Grohl!!

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Console RTS Feb 16, 2008, 12:29 WebDemon

I held out for years before i gave up.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 01:21 WebDemon

DX10 and Vista were the very things that made me buy a 360. After being on the upgrade train for the better part of 20 years, enough was enough. I used to scoff at the doomsayers that were predicting the death of the PC as a gaming platform but these days I'm not so sure anymore. I surely miss the depth and complexity of PC games, oh man, do I EVER miss it sometimes but I just can't justify thousands of dollars every year of so just to keep up with the games. It's been a problem for a LOOOOOOONG time but it's finally at the point where the expenditure just doesn't justify the reward anymore unless you're an enthusiast with money to burn if you want to do it right.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Roy Scheider Feb 12, 2008, 02:11 WebDemon

We're gonna need a bigger coffin.

6. Jobs that keep you in shape Feb 12, 2008, 02:08 WebDemon

Uh yeah, I'd rather be out of shape and making the salary I get now thanks. Stay in school kids.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Sony Says So Jan 25, 2008, 00:46 WebDemon

PS3 ain't NEVER catching the 360 no matter how you spin it. Just wait for LAIR, just wait until R&C, just wait until Uncharted, now it's just wait until LBP and KZ2. Wait, wait, wait, for all that vaporous potential. It's comical. We're ALL waiting for GTA4 because of Sony's big black boat anchor or so Rockstar says. PS3 is nothing more than a punchline that plays BR movies. How many more big platefuls of epic fail are the sheep going to have to eat before they realize that they bought a media hub instead of a gaming platform. Remember kids, pretty graphics can't gloss over the sheer amount of suck that's been dished out so far. Deal with it.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 00:50.

News Comments > BF2142 Deluxe Edition CD Key Issues
2. Re: LMAO Jan 22, 2008, 10:27 WebDemon

One of the many reasons I stopped playing BF. When they released 2142 and BF2 was STILL full of bugs that was it for me.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: RIAA Dec 22, 2007, 11:38 WebDemon

"Be wary of compilation CD's that could only exist in the dreams of a music fan..."

There are so many things wrong with that statement, that I don't even know where to start.

News Comments > DNF Teaser Video Tomorrow
61. Re: Call Ripley's Dec 19, 2007, 01:00 WebDemon

GB is just buying more time.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Greenpeace Calls on Gamers… Dec 13, 2007, 01:52 WebDemon

Nuke a pregnant whale!! Game On.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2007, 13:12 WebDemon

Thousands of people need to post videos on YouTube that feature Prince songs playing in the background. Maybe after a couple of days the little fucking runt's head will 'aslpode trying to track them all down to have them removed.
It's hard to believe after all these years that the industry STILL hasn't learned to be careful about pissing off the internet.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Universal Combat Collectors' Edition
28. No subject Oct 4, 2007, 21:13 WebDemon

Another steaming pile of shit from the delusional mind of Derek Smart and his FAKE ASS Phd.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. No subject Sep 16, 2007, 13:33 WebDemon

HA! Sue away, you can't touch us.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Really? Sep 15, 2007, 16:08 WebDemon

Man, I said back when they announced that it would carry Blu-Ray, that the PS3 was nothing more than an attempt to recreate the early success of the PS2 as a cheaper alternative to DVD players, which were still quite expensive at the time. Hell' it's the reason i bought a PS2 in the first place. It was like $100 cheaper than the nearest DVD player AND it played games. At the time though, it was clear that DVD was going to be the new standard. The PS3 also reeked of Sony's undying desire to have a proprietary format of it's own that consumers will be locked into for the next 10 years or so. Something Sony fails miserably at time after time. Beta, minidisc, memorystik, UMD, AATRAC, the list goes on. Losing here will sting twice as bad because if the public sits on the fence about HD media much longer, Blu-Ray will take the console division to hell with it.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo