Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Wins Cyber Café Suit
36. Re: Tough one Nov 30, 2004, 06:30 WebDemon

I kinda have to agree with Hump here. They had no choice in the matter. VU would have raped them in court because if it were even a few dollars cheaper online, VU would have gotten raped at retail. I don't like what Steam COULD become, but I still hold out a little hope that it could be the beginning of the end for publisher control over games. Granted most companies probably can't sustain themselves financially during a long dev cycle without the fat cash of a publisher. The larger ones however can in most cases. With steam, Valve has eliminated the need for the publishers distribution channels and VU knows it and is scared shitless of it. I imagine a great many publishers are looking at "the great Steam experiment" now and thinking "holy shit, we are fucked." If the next game Valve releases sans publisher is much cheaper than it would have been at retail, I'm thinking maybe only 10 or 15 dollars cheaper, then we have witnessed the industry take itself back or at least the first steps toward it. If it remains the same because Valve decides that "these chuckleheads will pay retail for nothing but data. BLING BLING!" then Steam will have become what I fear it may and we'll all be fucked along with the publishers. Only time will tell but so far, I think it's working out rather well considering what it was even a year ago and I gotta say, I like the idea of online distribution.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Bullet Time
4. No subject Nov 26, 2004, 11:52 WebDemon

Here comes the torrent of half baked garbage before the good mods come.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Mod
18. No subject Nov 24, 2004, 20:07 WebDemon

I'd like to see deathmatch because I really don't like CS. I never have. Call me crazy because everybody seems to love it but it's never held my insterest. Now that I've played HL2 through 3 or 4 times, I'm finding myself thinking, now what?

News Comments > Gatherings
2. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2004, 19:29 WebDemon

Maybe, I work in the CBC building so I'm not sure I want to spend my free time there too but we'll see. Might be fun.

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
86. No subject Nov 23, 2004, 19:17 WebDemon

Way to go valve. I'll bet a few of the "it'll never happen, valve is lying crowd" shit themselves when they saw that they been caught. I wonder if they'll take any further action against them. I'm not a fan of Steam but I accept it because if not, no game. Simple. It won't stop or even put a dent in piracy but it's a nice finger in the eye.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 19:20.

News Comments > JFK Reloaded
122. No subject Nov 23, 2004, 02:23 WebDemon

For ten bucks and a shot at 100grand you just know every kid who thinks he some kind for "l33t sniper" is going to play this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
54. No subject Nov 21, 2004, 22:33 WebDemon

I'll bet that Rand computer concept could run HL2 great and best of all, the Fortran language would make it easy to use!!!!

BTW: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE!!!

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 22:36.

News Comments > etc.
3. No subject Nov 21, 2004, 22:05 WebDemon

It's called parental responsibility and teaching kids respect which they don't have an ounce of these days. Christ, kids sue their parents for spankings now! When I was growing up, it wasn't the police or jail that scared me so much as what my mother and father would rain down upon me if I fucked up large. Loving your kids is most important but they should also have a healthy dose of fear of you as well. Today, they don't because they're catered to and they know there will be no "real" reprocussions for their actions.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 22:08.

News Comments > WoW Canadian Shipping Woes
26. No subject Nov 21, 2004, 21:23 WebDemon

Only an idiot allows UPS shipping to Canada. $34 "brokerage fee" tacked on to just about anything crossing the border. About 2 years ago I ordered a tiny speed controller for my RC airplane. The thing cost $10 US and another $5 to ship it. No problem right? UPS guy shows up 4 days later and wants $34 for the delivery. Told him to shove the package up his ass and shut the door in his face. Better to eat the $15 than to cough up almost 4x what the item cost in "fees".
What can brown do for me? It can take a flying leap is what it can do.
Never had a problem with USPS although I've had Canada fucking customs hold shit for 3 or 4 weeks before I've seen it. Canada Post blows huge amounts of ass too. It took those assholes 3 days to get a priority courior package to the other side of the city once!!! Next business day my ass.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 21:27.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
54. Re: Hump & ideas about DM Nov 18, 2004, 22:24 WebDemon

"Zephalephelah- I don't see why you question my maturity level of suggesting a dodge ball type of mod... "

Yeah really what a self rightous prick, I'm in my 30's an I love the idea so the KIDS haven't spoken. Your done, sit down.

"(Oh that guy is sniping me from that building. Let me put this machine gun away & instantly pull out this RPG from my goatsee asshole and incinerate the room he's in.) BULLSHIT!"

So Don't sit in one place and "snipe" (read camp) and you won't get owned. Simple.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 22:29.

News Comments > UC: A World Apart Announced
17. Re: Nov 18, 2004, 22:02 WebDemon

Hmm, pretty slow. Maybe we need to chum the water some more.

Derek smart thinks that you're a homo and he's got a PhD so he must be right....

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: Duke Nukem Nov 18, 2004, 15:46 WebDemon

"i read the news on ign. what the hell George B babling about?"

I'll tell you what he's babling about... NOTHING. Every single game that he said Duke would be "out the door" before(Unreal 2, Doom 3, HL2) have now come and gone and he's still sitting there with no game, no screenshots, no clue. He still insists that this is going to be the be all, end all, of video games. He's going to have to work a miracle to raise the bar over HL2.

News Comments > Terrorist Takedown Demo
3. No subject Nov 18, 2004, 15:37 WebDemon

I don't know why Blue even puts up news about this game because it always turns into a political pissing contest about the War.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
16. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2004, 15:33 WebDemon

Sawblade Chaos! That would be a blast. A big area like the courtyard at the Citedel would be perfect for it. The grav gun needs a power boost for MP so we can be chucking cars and dumpsters AND people. Can you imagine sneaking up behind a enemy, picking him up with the grav gun and using him as a shield against his own team. When he's dead, you heave the corpse at the other side hopefully killing another player. Man, there's going to be some serious mods done with this engine. It's just a shame that valve didn't include a proper MP base in HL2. Instead we get a tarted up version of a 4 year old mod with the same old maps.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Authentication Follow-up
26. Re: Out Of Steam ... Nov 17, 2004, 01:38 WebDemon

it's called don't wait to release day to download it and expect to be getting anywhere fast. That's why they've been preloading for months.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Authentication Issues
6. Re: 3 hour install then freeze on startu Nov 17, 2004, 01:36 WebDemon

I sincerely hope you just didn't give away the end of the game or Blue's gonna cut your nads off.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
372. No subject Nov 17, 2004, 01:26 WebDemon

Quite simply spectacular. I am so pleased with this game, it's stunning. I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time.

I like Pie.

127. Stuck Nov 16, 2004, 06:07 WebDemon

I know I'm tired if I'm stuck already. I need sleep. Insane gaming goodness too much to fight... must play but mind is useless. I feel a sick day coming on.

45. No subject Nov 15, 2004, 15:47 WebDemon

I'm thinking that they'll run it through time zones in hope that it'll spread the load out some. My guess is Valve is talking about 12am Pacific. Which means I can't unlock the game until 3am Eastern here and so on. They're still in for a hell of a load either way but anybody trying to authenticate on the west coast is going to have an easier time of it for the first hour anyway.

37. HL2 Box Nov 15, 2004, 13:58 WebDemon

Well, I popped into this little computer shop down the street from my office at lunch to get some RAM when out of the corner of my eye I spot HL2 on the shelf. So I pick it up and cranked it open to gaze upon the HL goodness within when I got back to work. Well... I gotta say that if you're waiting to buy the retail ver. instead of online from steam, don't bother. Nice glossy box contains: 1 piece of paper selling ATI cards, an installation card and a pile of CD's in shitty paper sleeves. WTF!? No jewel cases, no manual, just a whole lot of jack shit. Yours for only $59.99cdn (49.99 U.S.)!!! Save a few trees and buy it online then just DL a nice label and burn it to DVD.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo