Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 2
99. Re: no thanks Jun 21, 2005, 23:00 WebDemon

"While I can play graphically superior games like Doom 3 and Far Cry, I cannot play this graphically outdated game. With this ignorant move, they are driving me away from PC gaming for good"

You know, if you game on a PC and think that you won't be spending a minimum of several hundred dollars on it AT LEAST every year and a half then you need to go buy a console. Oh wait, you won't be playing the newest games on that either because every few years you have to buy another console. If you're running a Geforce 4 then you are 2, almost 3 generations behind the curve and you're surprised that a game FINALLY came along that it wouldn't run? Get a grip.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 23:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. SPs Attempt to Stop Public Broadband. Jun 19, 2005, 11:40 WebDemon

Fuck the ISP's and big corporations. Like the story says. This town BEGGED for years for the telcos to hook them up with fiber and they did nothing. Now the town decides to do it itself and the telcos freak out. Why is it that big business likes to think that the rest of the world runs on thier timetable? Traditionaly, if you can't get what you want from someone, you go elsewhere to get it. This is a case of "we won't give you what you want, AND we're going to keep you from getting it elsewhere until we're ready to give it to you."

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Servers Released
38. Re: No subject Jun 18, 2005, 12:55 WebDemon

Mark my words. This is EA laying the groundwork for pay for play FPS games. It's only a matter of time before you'll have to fork over a subscription fee to play on "ranked" servers that aren't rotten with cheats and hacks.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 12:57.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Jun 11, 2005, 12:55 WebDemon

It's a good game, but let's face it. It's DC with a facelift nothing more.

News Comments > DICE NY Closed
49. No subject Jun 7, 2005, 16:04 WebDemon

WOW! Trauma saves their game with the best Mod ever, Dice enslaves them to create the next BF game in Desert Combat's image, and then they screw them by saying move to Sweden or you're otta work. No wonder Dice wouldn't sell out to EA, they're trying to become EA themselves.

News Comments > BF2 Updates
7. No subject Jun 4, 2005, 00:40 WebDemon

Come to think of it, we'll probably be seeing BF ratings in sigs shortly.

News Comments > BF2 Updates
2. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 23:02 WebDemon

MUST.. PICK OFF...PLANE...CAMPERS...HAVE TOO...FIGHT...

News Comments > Masters of Doom Lawsuit
4. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 11:46 WebDemon

2 Years after the fact? I smell a publicity whore who harboring a grudge or two.

News Comments > Carmack on Game Patents
20. Re: SCUM! Jun 2, 2005, 19:05 WebDemon

To truly succeed in America 2 things have to happen. 1) You have a product/idea that no has thought of before and market it before anyone else and protect the hell out of it and you'd better hope somebody with more money isn't in the same game.
or 2) You have deep pockets and a team of lawyers who can just rape everybody smaller than you by outspending them in legal fees. Sad fact is everything is tilted in favor of the big guy because of the lawyers. I'm glad Carmack sees where this would be headed in a hurry. Big companies don't want to innovate, they just want to milk the current thing dry.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 19:06.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo Plans
40. Re: Screw EA. Jun 2, 2005, 18:56 WebDemon

It's because EA is the Borg of publishers. And they could fuck up a free lunch. EA doesn't make most of the games they put out, independant devs do. EA just comes along and buys the dev and or the franchise and then starts to consolize it. They're a FAR cry away from what they were 20 years ago, when they really did make the best games. EA and Microprose were the kings of video games back in the day. Now Microprose is no more and EA is a soul stealing juggernaut. They recently tried to buy Dice but they were told, well... "no dice".

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. piracy supports Terrorists May 29, 2005, 11:22 WebDemon

Speaking if security, how much longer do the Bushies in the U.S. figure that using the "fight against terror" as an excuse for everything is going to work. Judging by his plunging approval rating I'd say a lot of people are beginning to wake up and smell the bullshit.

"gotta kill the ragheads and steal their oil for Jesus 'cuz it makes my family richernshit!!" Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaw!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. DRM in Chips May 29, 2005, 11:03 WebDemon

"Tucker ducked questions regarding technical details of how embedded DRM would work saying it was not in the interests of his company to spell out how the technology in the interests of security."

Read.. we don't want it hacked and bypassed before people even begin to buy it...

What a waste of time, it'll be bypassed in no time, if not then intel's chipset will sit on rot on the shelves.

41. Re: mock lightsaber battle May 25, 2005, 17:28 WebDemon

Anybody that stupid deserves to be burned to a crisp.

News Comments > Battlecruiser Millennium Free
38. No subject May 21, 2005, 16:47 WebDemon

"f anything, the Blues folks have deleted (and banned no less) several people for posting here and saying that it was me. In fact, I have no less than three such Blues threads in my favorites folder. I'm sure Blue himself can verify this; as well as verify that I'm not someone else."

Banned from Blue's. That's a good one. Stop talking out of your ass Derek and go get some professional help. Asshole.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms Follow-up Title
3. Re: No subject May 18, 2005, 00:04 WebDemon

Great part 2. Jesus, it's like someone flushed but left skid marks in the toilet.

News Comments > Taxi Driver Game
15. Not again May 11, 2005, 20:50 WebDemon

And so yet another masterpiece is raped because of the SERIOUS lack of imagination that exists in gaming today. That and the fact the Hollywood does nothing now but make formulaic garbage and whore old franchises out. I suppose we should have known it was coming after all; the Mona Lisa has been used to sell everything from BMW's to Smarties and Michelangelo's "David" is routinely used to sell jeans and kahkis. Man I can't wait, in about 20 years we should see "Trainspotting - The legend of Mark Renton"

This comment was edited on May 11, 20:52.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. No subject May 9, 2005, 18:47 WebDemon

Man if the spyware/adware folks think that spammers are getting insane jail time, just wait until one of these assclowns ends up before a Judge.

And that jerk off from 180 Solutions needs to be one of the first. He can take his lip service and shove it up his company's collective ass.

13. Re: Misc. May 3, 2005, 15:11 WebDemon

I worked with Bob Hunter a City TV for a few years. He was a good man. Nature lost one of it's greatest champions yesterday. R.I.P. Bob.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online
8. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2005, 20:52 WebDemon

"Also, LOTR sucked. Sucked balls. Read the books and seen the movies, and, well, the writing style is so annoying (i dont really care for 2 pages of description about nothing that furthers the story line at all) and just tedious that it was a mission to get through, all the characters sucked (damn i hate hobbits) bar the dwarf fellow, but at least the movies had some nice action scenes in them"

Get an attention span junior. It's called descriptive immersion and it makes the story as rich as it is. Go back to comic books.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: President Bush Apr 28, 2005, 03:02 WebDemon

Bush has turned the U.S. into a punch line that the rest of the world is laughing at.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo