Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
3. No subject Mar 5, 2006, 15:53 WebDemon

Long dev time = lots 'o' problems, changes, design issues = crappy game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. No subject Mar 5, 2006, 15:51 WebDemon

If you don't secure your network then STFU. Simple. Don't know how to secure it or can't be bothered to learn? Then don't buy wireless. I swear to God, you should need to write a goddamn test before you get to buy this stuff. Would you leave your wallet out in the open unprotected?

News Comments > Dear Diaries
6. No subject Mar 4, 2006, 12:49 WebDemon

Everytime Derek Smart Phd speaks, god kills kittens and Grannies.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 12:49.

News Comments > Air Conflicts Demo
5. No subject Mar 2, 2006, 00:28 WebDemon

This could be fun. If it worked.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 00:29.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: GnR Feb 28, 2006, 00:34 WebDemon

A riot and 2 Axl no-shows is why Clear Channel pulled the plug on the last tour.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. GnR Feb 26, 2006, 17:13 WebDemon

I imagine he'll sell more than a few Albums but it sure ain't Guns. Too bad they can't just bury the hatchet and do a tour together. Hell, even Motley tried it and it made them a fortune and most of those guys can't stand each other. Same thing with the Eagles. I just wish he wouldn't go out there wearing a rug, with a bunch of rejects for a band and a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head and call it GnR. Axl without Slash is like Mick without Keith or Plant without Page.

News Comments > Sniper Elite Demo
44. Re: StarForce Infected! Feb 26, 2006, 12:22 WebDemon

I never said I "liked" it. I'm just wondering where all the bashers get their information. And no, I'm not going to search for answers. I want the people who say they have problems with it to show me or tell me what the problem is. I have yet to see this from anyone who bashes it. Again, I'm not defending it. I don't want to put malicious software on my computer, but I do want to buy games. So all the people who says that it's bad for your system, please explain why. And if you can't then why do you bash it?

If you can't be bothered to look up answers then that's your problem. Go ahead, install it and take your chances. I broke down and installed Trackmania Sunrise and it fucked up my last burner about a year ago, which is a WELL KNOWN Starforce problem. Of course if you could bother you ass to look it up you'd know that. No gurantee that it'll happen to you but there's the possiblility notheless. Use Google, arm yourself with info from both sides and make your call. Don't say you weren't warned if it fucks things up though. We're not all 12 year olds who bitch for the sake of bitching here you know.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Net Neutrality Feb 21, 2006, 20:00 WebDemon

Companies pay the ISP's a premium for fast throughput.
Let the ISPs try it. In fact, I DARE them to attempt it. I think that they'd get a very vivid object lesson on the power of the netizen pretty quick. Government needs to step in an put a bullet in shit like this. Everytime I turn around these days, it seems that companies in almost every industry are desperatly trying to find a way to either make us pay more or multiple times for things that we buy. Music/Movies anyone? Jesus Christ! The music industry is still living under the illusion that pay per play will fly.

It's not that Capitalism is bad; but Capitalism combined with unabashed greed is.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 20:02.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Plans, Euro Force Delayed
49. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 19:42 WebDemon

"

People just get pissed because sneaking up on a sniper isn't as simple as run up to and stab.

People don't get pissed because of this. They get pissed because claymores are undisarmable and indestructable. If an engineer could wrench a claymore and disarm it, or special forces use C4 to blow it up, I don't think it'd be as much of an issue. But the fact that once a claymore is placed it is permanent is quite a concern. Me and a friend usually get around this by going in twos, but it still sucks to have to rack up a death just to get to a sniper."

Pff. I rest my case...

Whaaaa! I have to watch what I'm doing when hunting snipers now. I have to rack up a death to get him Whaaa. Suck it up bitch you'll have to watch your step now. Pair up all you like, that's why I have 2 Claymores at a time.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 19:47.

News Comments > New ToCA 3 Demo
6. No subject Feb 21, 2006, 19:39 WebDemon

Where there's Codemasters, there's Starforce. Oh well too bad. It might have been good.

News Comments > Monday Metaverse
9. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2006, 22:27 WebDemon

Blah, blah, blah, sounds like somebody thinks that basic decorum doesn't appy to them because they're a rich little girl. Little bitch presumes to tell an experienced lawyer "what a real lawyer would do?" She obviously doesn't know that she's swimming with sharks that will school her in pretty short order. Hope she enjoys the mail room.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 22:30.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Plans, Euro Force Delayed
22. No subject Feb 20, 2006, 22:19 WebDemon

I wish people would stop bitching about the Claymores. They've saved my ass as a sniper more than a few times. People just get pissed because sneaking up on a sniper isn't as simple as run up to and stab. Had some guy today bitching that he couldn't get on the roof I was at because I had an ammo drop and I kept booby trapping the ladder with "those fucking noob claymores." You'd figure after getting blown up 8 times in a row that he wasn't coming up and that was that. Instead this hammerhead keeps throwing himself into what he must know is a trap and continuously bitched about it for the whole round. "You can't beat me without claymores, no skill, blah blah blah."

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2006, 00:30 WebDemon

"Gungula bungula!"

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

-- Carl the Caddyshack groundskeeper

News Comments > War on Terror German Demo
12. No subject Feb 15, 2006, 18:01 WebDemon

Yeah but I doubt that the objective of this game is abject failure. Maybe it is, it'd be realistic anyway.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: US group implants electronic tags Feb 13, 2006, 17:06 WebDemon

Yeah getting implanted is a REAL good idea. <<sarcasm off>>

News Comments > Transformers Announced
5. No subject Feb 13, 2006, 16:55 WebDemon

Yeah the CGI tests look fantastic. I think it'll be pretty seamless. There's a different one out there from the one you posted that shows a moving transform from vehichle to bot. Should be good.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 16:56.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. No subject Feb 9, 2006, 13:51 WebDemon

Fact is unless Samsung or someone is allowed to put out a multi-format player like the one they announced at CES but were told would NEVER be allowed to go into production, these formats will die. For the record though, my bet's on HD-DVD.
The average Joe, is not going to go for a technology that won't play their regular DVD's or displays a shitty picture because their shiny new HDTV is not hdcp. PS3 fanboys, don't kid yourselves into thinking that it will push the format over the top. In fact I almost can't wait to read the "why the fuck won't my PS3 display 1080i on my new HDTV set?" posts. It's going to be ugly I suspect. Record capacity is a moot point. Nice for storage but the average Blu-Ray movie is no larger than those on HD-DVD. That and price, price, price. Beta may have had a smaller recording capacity, but as one who was there for the VCR war, I can tell you first hand that price, not record capacity is what killed Beta. Back then, VHS was the dark horse, much maligned format that ultimatly won because of the price point. Not to mention Toshiba's going to first out of the gate with HD-DVD, and as for the studios being on board? Well that's split about 50/50 right now and they'll go where the consumers go, remember they ALL supported HD-DVD in the beginning until they got a look at BR's copy protection, not because it's a better format for quality. Sony, and it's proprietary shit, you don't exactly see UMD's flying off the shelves do you?

Here's a list of the HD-DVD Launch titles
http://hometheater.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=hometheater&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvdtown.com%2Farticle%2Fhd-dvdupdateandlistoftitles%2F1582%2F

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 14:06.

1. Blu-Ray Feb 9, 2006, 04:17 WebDemon

Hmm. Let's see. Blu-Ray. Overpriced, overprotected, shit outta luck with a down rezed picture if you're not hdcp compliant, no backwards compatibility. HD-DVD. Backward compatiblity, lower price, no need for hdcp compliance. Buh, Bye Sony. Nice knowin' ya.

Talk about not learning from history and being doomed to repeat it. Anybody who's old enough to remember the VCR format war can see how this is going to play out. Sony's traveling down the same path. I'd seriously be reconsidering Blu-Ray on PS3 if I were them. Not gonna sell many consoles featuring a dead or dying format. How the hell does Sony keep managing to shoot itself in the foot with their fucked up little formats? ATRAC, Memstick, UMD. Hello?! People don't want this shit.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 04:19.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Gated Internet Feb 2, 2006, 15:39 WebDemon

Like the U.S. isn't far enought behind on broadband, now some genius floats this idea. Brilliant, enjoy being left behind America. Aren't there laws against extortion down there because at it's heart, that's what this is plain and simple.

2. No subject Feb 1, 2006, 13:15 WebDemon

Here's a thought. How about the hardware makers turn around and say "fuck you, shove your certification up your collective ass." This is yet another hinerance to the unfettered use of YOUR pc by a CORPORATE entity. It all seems to be going swimmingly to them right now, but that's because the average consumer hasn't even heard of this yet. The first time John Q Public finds out that he needs to fork over for a new monitor, or other such nonsense, the shit is going to hit the fan hard.

These asshats actually think that the "Apex" of PC parts won't be here soon enough to get us around this horseshit the same way that was done with dvd players? That's right, keep digging your own grave assholes, we'll send you packin' just like we did with the music industry.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo