Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Cops/Star Wars Mar 18, 2006, 14:01 WebDemon

Jesus, Troops? Did I wake up in 1999 this morning or something?
On the other hand, that grind was awsome.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 14:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. No subject Mar 16, 2006, 13:37 WebDemon

That quote came directly from the article.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: tom cruise strikes again! Mar 16, 2006, 02:28 WebDemon

Fuck Tom Cruise, Lord Zenu, and all those other Sci-fi mothership jockey's. Paramount could bury Cruise in court and shove this episode up his ass for laughs, they just can't afford to piss of the goose who lays the golden turds when he's starring in Paramount's flagship summer movie this year. I keep waiting for the day I turn on CNN to see these crackpots all lying dead in bunk beds wearing matching track suits and Nikes ala Heaven's Gate off to meet the mothership.

Good Lord there's a retarded kid named "Timmy" of all things and making fun of this runt is going too far?

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 02:29.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. PS3 Delay Mar 16, 2006, 01:49 WebDemon

"He stated issues over the finalization of copy protection technology related to the Blu-ray disc drive were the cause for the delay."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sony can't even keep themselves from falling victim to their half baked copy protection. Oh well on the bright side you ought to be able to buy Blu-ray players and discs "by the pound" by then.

News Comments > NFS: Most Wanted Support Crashes
11. No subject Mar 16, 2006, 01:42 WebDemon

Wow, just wow.
and we should buy their games because?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BF2 Euro Force
4. No subject Mar 15, 2006, 00:16 WebDemon

Is it worth it or this this the EA new uniform and weapon pack? Oh here have a couple of maps too.

70. Will Ferrell Mar 14, 2006, 16:58 WebDemon

Sorry boys jumped the gun there. My bad.

Sick thing is when i first heard I had this picture in my head of him in the Mustafa get up yelling that "the bone has broken through the skin and the wound is beginning to smell a little like almonds..."

46. Will Ferrell Died Today Mar 14, 2006, 14:34 WebDemon

Paragliding accident in California. Sad day, he was a funny guy.

http://i-newswire.com/pr58954.html

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 14:35.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Hostility between ATi and NVIDIA sta Mar 14, 2006, 14:16 WebDemon

Drunken geeks fighting over a girl that would never even think of being NEAR the place were she not being paid. Awsome. Europe's gonna have start to worry less about soccer hooligans and start to tackle the growing problem of graphics chip holligans. These bastards sound almost as bad as those vicious roving gangs of keep left signs.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Protection encourages piracy? Mar 14, 2006, 13:37 WebDemon

No, but is does ZERO to stop it and it's making things a pain in the ass for legit consumers. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just go back to the good old days of playing games weeks before release because I'm sure not seeing the benefits of paying for these games. In fact I feel like I'm being punished for buying them sometimes. DL, unrar, mount and install was so much simpler and it's sad because it shouldn't be.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: DLing in Canada Mar 13, 2006, 23:32 WebDemon

And if you came to Toronto, I'd be happy to hoist a few with you.

9. Re: DLing in Canada Mar 13, 2006, 21:03 WebDemon

"Bleh, whatever. I routinely come across articles that detail politics and issues concerning the Canadian government. I know it's fashionable to think the system works more efficiently than your brethren down south, but all beaurocracies suffer from ineffiency and can be slow to move."

Sorry to tell it already moved. The brand new Gov isn't interested in revisiting it at all becuase the deal is done. I'd say it works a little better and that's not being fashionable. Our government just isn't TOTALLY in the pockets of the corporations. Doesn't necessarily mean it better, it just means it doesn't sell us all out every chance it gets.

12. No subject Mar 13, 2006, 11:38 WebDemon

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 11:41.

11. Re: Sidewalk drawings Mar 13, 2006, 11:33 WebDemon

Saw a guy doing one of these in Amsterdam last year. Looked like he was working on a really long drawing but when I came back later he was almost done and WOW! Once you click into the right viewing angle it's magic. Real talent.

2. DLing in Canada Mar 13, 2006, 11:19 WebDemon

" "It's astonishing that a sophisticated nation like Canada has dragged its feet for so long while the rest of the world has adapted its copyright laws to the digital age,"

Maybe it's because our Gov actually pulled it's head out of it ass long enough to see all the noise the **AA's are making for what it is. A shakedown of the consumer nothing more. The industry up here was told you can have tariffs on hard drives, blanks, and mp3 players or we can outlaw file sharing but you're no getting both. Predictably they went for the money of course. So the fact here is... Canada isn't draggin it's feet, we dealt with the issue over a year ago case closed. **IA's don't like it? Tough.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II versus the Space Pirates
9. No subject Mar 12, 2006, 18:27 WebDemon

Any of you Starforce appologist bitches care to explain this away just "cuz you wanna play a game"? Hopefully the beginning of the end of this boil on the ass of gaming.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Goddammit Mar 11, 2006, 14:25 WebDemon

HEHEHE.. Take down, hahahahahaha, Usenet. hahahahah. whew.(wipes tear) Haven't had a laugh like that in ages.
I've been using Usenet since '89 and I'll still be using it long into the future. ROTFLMAO what's next IRC? I've always found it exceedingly funny as hell that it took them this long to discover it. I was DLing music before Napster was a lump in Fanning's pants. When you had no choice but to listin to MP3s on your computer. Just shows what a bunch of bright sparks they've got working on it.
Shut down a provider here and oh well, off to an offshore one I guess. They can barely keep up with P2P and they think that going after Usenet providers like Giganews is going bring down something that's been in place for 30 years. My sides are sore from laughing at this. My guess is after they finish pissing into the wind for another 5 or ten years or more likely when the empty dead corpse of HDCP is dumped into a ditch by hackers, **AA's will either say fuck it all, we're making shit piles of cash from CD's and online, we'll just have to adjust the loss model (not fucking likely) or they'll finally send a cease and desist letter to Al Gore (inventor and lord of the internet) ordering him to shut down his Frankenstein once and for all thus saving the world and making it safer for corporate thieves and whores everywhere.

Sad thing is, if the legal power and money of the ISPs/telco's and tech companies were combined, they could most likely prison rape the **AA's without much effort and end it all.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 14:37.

1. Feds bust Fans Mar 10, 2006, 18:17 WebDemon

FANS being the key word here. Keep suing the fans, it's obviously working because music piracy is all but non existant now thanks to these efforts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

the grave gets deeper and my music collection gets bigger.....

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 18:17.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Two-format race Mar 10, 2006, 18:11 WebDemon

"Asked if consumers would have to buy their favorite movies again, Blu-ray spokesman Simonis said: "Of course! But it will enrich your life."
I think he means Sony's life....

Or we could just let your fucking product rot on the vine until you give the consumer what it wants. I know this arguement is done to death, but I have the feeling that Sony's about to pull another Betamax here. It's just too much like I remember it all those years ago when it was finally time to purchase a VCR. They MAY have the better product but the average John Q Public is going to look at price and little else. All it's going to take is for HD-DVD to get some momentum out of the blocks and it's all over. The only hope for this format is a dual format player which had already been built by Samsung but Sony refuses to allow it to be produced. Hopefully Sony will pull it's head out of it's collective ass before it get prison raped yet again by it's own stupidity. Contrary to popular belief in some circles, the PS3, if it even comes out in the next 6 months will not save BlueRay if it ends up in trouble. I'd rather not see it happen but it'd be a dark day for Sony if 1) Thier disc format fails and 2) their next gen console has a dead disc format tied around it's neck like an anchor.

2. Labels Halt Downloads/Increase CD sales Mar 9, 2006, 13:02 WebDemon

And then the single gets leaked weeks before release anyway and piracy of said single runs rampent cutting into CD sales. Have these assholes learned nothing?

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 13:04.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo