Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WebDemon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2003, 07:44
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 16170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Time lapse parking lot. Jan 9, 2007, 14:59 WebDemon

Holy crap!! Small world. That was taken only 2 or 3 floors below my apartment!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Blu-ray Disc Association declares victo Jan 9, 2007, 14:50 WebDemon

Now THAT's comedy. BTW I officially declare myself 2006/7 Stanley Cup Champion AND the King of Spain so there.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Metal Gear Solid 4 not a PS3 exclusive. Dec 18, 2006, 11:27 WebDemon

Konami "debunked" this today. They said that "Konami has no plans to bring Metal Gear Solid 4 to the Xbox 360 at this time," Which, if I've translated the PR speak properly means...
"Yes, it's coming but we've been told to STFU by Sony because if they lose this one too, it's all over for them this Christmas." Guitar Hero AND Assasin's Creed were both denied when the rumors first surfaced about them too. Expect MGS4 for the 360 about 6 months after it releases for the PS3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=152210?cid=otc-rss&attr=cvg-general-rss&skip=yes

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 11:29.

3. No subject Dec 16, 2006, 17:17 WebDemon

Hang tough dude. Those dogs are a lot stronger than you'd think.

News Comments > TOCA 3 Goes amBX
7. No subject Dec 13, 2006, 00:40 WebDemon

You know, you'd figure that by now we'd have had at least ONE decent head mounted display with tracking. The VFX1 from 10 years ago had potential but the display tech wasn't there yet. If I remember right, Mechwarrior 2 supported it but the HMD could only display 320X240.

9. A Package That Opens Easily. Dec 3, 2006, 11:13 WebDemon

Forget blister packs. Try the endurance trial that is removing the 360's wireless wheel from it's tomb. PRAY that you never have to put it back in the box.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Erm, wot? Nov 28, 2006, 01:05 WebDemon

Creston attacks for massive damage...
He comes bundled with motion sensing real-time sarcasm change.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
5. Sony says Grouper site not afoul of cop Nov 24, 2006, 00:51 WebDemon

and so as the long cold winter set in and food became scarce, they began to eat their own....

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Spielberg calls for responsible TV Nov 22, 2006, 23:51 WebDemon

Lost all respect for Spielberg when he went back and replaced the FBI's guns in E.T. with walkie talkies for the 20th anniversay release. As for CSI and Heroes, these shows aren't made for children and they are labeled as such. Try responsible parenting instead of responsible TV. Does anyone even use the V chip? Heroes is just fine the way it is thank you very much.

24. Re: No subject Nov 21, 2006, 01:46 WebDemon

"
do make me wonder what in God's name Sony is doing. This is the company that made the PS and the PS2, both of which were fucking AWESOME machines on release?"

I'll tell you what they're trying to do. Play catch up. Sony's own arrogance buried them this time out and I wouldn't be surprised in six months time if some major heads rolled over there. They insisted on developing the vaunted Cell processor at great time and expense. Developers hate it, chances are you'll never see it maxed out for this reason alone. They are determined to make Blu-ray the new standard by shoving it in a game console in a weak attempt at market penetration in a 'round about way rather than try to compete with HD-DVD outright. I'd imagine that the pounding they took from VHS back in the day still haunts them. They tout this thing as a gaming machine yet they shipped it with a shitty movie instead of a game. THAT alone should tell you what they're doing. This is about Blu-Ray for Sony and all the lucrative fees that they'll reap should it become the standard, not gaming believe it or not. Not surprising seeing has how Sony's been trying to get a proprietary format to stick with consumers for decades. You'd figure that by now they'd have understood that consumers won't be locked into Sony's product line try as they might. As for their free online, well if that's Sony's answer to Live, then I'd rather pay. The console is half baked, COD3 looks like shit compared to the 360. Have I even played it? Yup all weekend and that controller NEEDS RUMBLE. You don't miss it until it's not there, and I gotta say, it's an issue. Would I get one? Sure, if I got it for nothing. Sony got owned and no amount of catch up is going to help because MS has been 2 steps ahead of them the whole way. MS did it right and Sony fucked it up.
It's not blind fanboyism here, I'm a PC gamer who got a 360 as a door prize. Just telling it how I see it. It may not be a complete failure but it's definately going to end up the #3 console

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Universal Music sues Nov 21, 2006, 00:41 WebDemon

Welcome to American corporate reality. If they can't make a buck or two off of it, then you shouldn't have it PERIOD.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. No subject Nov 21, 2006, 00:23 WebDemon

O'Reilly's an idiot that panders to the worst in people. He's also the king of bullshit. When i want his opinion I'll give it to him.

4. Re: Forza 2 Nov 14, 2006, 00:28 WebDemon

"When is that new snazzy FF wheel coming out for the 360/PC?"

It's already out. Picked it up Friday. It's pretty sweet, really well put together but the damn pedals still slide around some and it takes some getting used to. Balances in your lap nicely but that put it too close for my liking so I mounted it to the coffee table instead. You have to plug the AC adaptor into the wall for FF but it doesn't plug into the console at all which is nice. Comes with a FF version of PGR 3. My lap times in PGR 3 still aren't even close to what they were with the controller this time last week. Also be warned. The packaging that it comes in was designed by Satan. All in all, very nice but I think I'll probably be selling it because it's not really for me. I like the controller.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 00:31.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. No subject Nov 12, 2006, 11:39 WebDemon

"# November 7 - Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - NovaLogic - Shooter"

Jesus, weren't we playing that like 3 years ago? WTF.

News Comments > Gold - FLYBOYS Squadron
2. No subject Nov 9, 2006, 09:37 WebDemon

"said retired USAF pilot and CEO of iEntertainment, J.W. 'Wild Bill' Stealey"

If I remember right, wasn't Wild Bill one of the honchos at Microprose back in the day when they did the first F-15 Strike Eagle, Project Stealth Fighter, Hellcat Ace, Acrojet, and all the other gaming goodness that they used to dish out?

2. No subject Nov 3, 2006, 01:44 WebDemon

"WTG EA! That is truley pathetic! I never saw this coming, and I can't wait to see what you think of next!"

Wanna bet it's ammo and guns for MP?

4. Re: MGS4 Spring 2007??? Oct 30, 2006, 23:23 WebDemon

"For now, the only reasons why I would even consider buying a PS3 would be for Final Fantasy 13 and Metal Gear Solid 4."

And now there's a rumor floating around that MGS4 is coming to the 360 because of the cover of this month's EGM.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Sony admits to buying grey goods Oct 26, 2006, 02:25 WebDemon

""The purchasing of PSP consoles by SCE employees would be for investigatory purposes. We would also like to express our surprise at a company releasing personal information about its consumers," the statement read."

Really? Then how come you never went after them back then? More bullshit from Sony what a surprise.

7. Re: EA Microtransactions Oct 26, 2006, 02:17 WebDemon

" if I want to skip that segment I can spend a few bucks and poof! I'm there! I don't have a problem with that kind of stuff, gives people the ability to see parts of the game they want instead of cranking out hours on the console to gain access to it."

Yeah that's great, there used to be a thing called cheat codes that would do the same thing for you. Instead idiots support this crap buy buying it when offered instead of letting it rot on the vine and put back into the game where it belongs when it fails to make a dime. Nobody buys it, they stop selling it. Dummys buy it, and you end up having to pay for tutorial videos that have been in Madden for years. Keep it up and next thing you know you'll have to buy ammo or gun upgrades for multiplayer or something else insane like maybe new tires and parts for cars in Forza 2. Hmm boy, it sure looks like a GREAT direction to go in doesn't it? Think it's so far fetched? Look at what Sony's attempting with GT-HD for the PS3. Cheat codes like this have been available for almost 2 decades now, is there a reason they need to become a revenue stream?

2. Lumines Live: The DEFINITIVE Reason to Oct 24, 2006, 12:38 WebDemon

Is pay to play far for EVERYTHING far behind? I knew microtransactions were going to be an ugly Pandora's box, I just didn't think it would go south this quick.

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo