Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for wasp

Real Name wasp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wasp
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2003, 17:50
Total Comments 167 (Novice)
User ID 16150

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned
13. Re: Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned Dec 8, 2012, 10:23 wasp

Thnx for the heads up, but i also read a review that said all enemies wear red shirts so i assumed as much. I just started the game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned
11. Re: Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned Dec 8, 2012, 09:28 wasp

No one else bothered by the fact that enemy pirates all wear red shirts? It's a kid's game through and through.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 12:54 wasp

I use Requiem & Death Has Consequences. I have consequences set up to lose half my gold each time i die. Also have kapurtee's Gold Adjustment for more hardcore nonsense.  

News Comments > Skyrim Patch Wednesday
39. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 11:48 wasp

Well, i don't want to run around killing children just for the sake of it, i need a good reason to kill one. If i join the DB then maybe one day i just might receive a contract to kill my own child. That would please Sithis, and would prove my loyalty as well.  

30. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:41 wasp

"There's no cleverness to the quest design for the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim"

...and the easiest one alive is right in front of them! A quest to kill a child that may have helped you out earlier in the game. Now that presents a moral dilemma for you, one that every DB quest should have so that you feel sick to your stomach for completing it.

28. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:29 wasp

I'd rather have oblivion gates than dragons. The models themselves look great, but yeah, having the dragons fly around causes me to wonder why the childrens parents aren't being better parents and keep their children "safe" indoors!  

24. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 09:11 wasp

Yeah, although i havn't finished the DB quests, i was disappointed by the "lightheartedness" of the DB. A little girl? A jester? Other NPC's who seem like they don't want to be there or it's just a "job" for them. Actually, the whole game is toned down in terms of disturbing subject matter. I understand why, to not offend anyone.  

News Comments > Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed
57. Re: Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed Nov 7, 2011, 19:17 wasp

there is a dismemberment mod for Oblivion, i'm sure there will be one for skyrim eventually.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
1. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 15:49 wasp

nice!  

News Comments > Silicon Knights Layoff Rumors
3. Re: Silicon Knights Layoff Rumors Oct 31, 2011, 22:23 wasp

I still await Dark Legions 2 from whoever owns that IP. It would be great if that was made and that the combat section was put in first/third person on a high detailed map. Just dreamin'...  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
12. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Apr 26, 2011, 08:52 wasp

I can't believe how many hours i sink into these games (oblivion..fallout now fallout:New Vegas. The openworld and freedom of choice and dialogue. The possibilities are endless as to what theme and choice of textures to wrap around this winning formula. I'm surprised there isn't a futuristic mod or total conversion or even another IP based on other themes? They would be a guarenteed hit  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
24. Re: Ok.... ok! I will try it again. Jul 9, 2007, 16:19 wasp

Here's what mods i use to make it more enjoyable for style.

-Natural Environments (but not all options enabled)
-Nude Mod (forget the official name)
-Sleep to Save Mod(the only time the game saves is when you sleep...which leads to:
-Fatigue Mod (you have to eat/drink 3 times daily and then sleep once a day.)
-Church Bells Mod
-Light Interiors Windows Mod. i forget the official name
-More Monsters Mod (Francesco's)

Those mods combined seem to perk up the game for me to keep playing. I don't fast travel or ride a horse ;-)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Your forgiven Blue! Apr 4, 2007, 15:51 wasp

"I just don't get why LED lights aren't dirt cheap yet. It would be great if we could just leap-frog the whole CFL thing and use LEDs by now, as they use even less energy and don't qualify as hazardous waste like CFLs do."

Being in the LED industry i agree. As for the price, there is not nearly enough LED manufacturers. LED has to compete in a market that has a 130 year old head start. Government intervention is necessary to kick start the whole paradigm shift. It's actually starting to happen (e.g. Australia).
To tech-savvy people like us, the future just can't happen fast enough :-)

shameless plug: www.eastcanada.ca

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2007, 15:38 wasp

It may not have been drug related at all. Maybe the thugs had an idea that the PC World editor voted for Oblivion as 2006 game of the year!

News Comments > Gold - Flight Simulator X
11. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2006, 01:23 wasp

i kinda make my own game out of it by flying wherever i want to as long as i keep re-fueling at airports that provide it. I fly a Cessna in order to take in the scenery.
If i run out of fuel mid-air then i can attribute that to bad planning

News Comments > Gold - Flight Simulator X
8. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2006, 00:31 wasp

"I think Iíd rather see more detail in a smaller area than have to fly over google earth like texture mapping, even if it restricted where you could go, like put a cap on the area you could fly but really crank up the detail."

IMHO i'd rather have less detail but encompass the entire earth. Nothing like putting all that realism in the avionics then hitting an invisible brick wall. Part of the appeal is flying over terrain you might never get to visit otherwise.

News Comments > Oblivion Expansion?
74. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2006, 19:20 wasp

I think we are going to have to assume he turned up the difficulty. He prolly even started up an alternate character(s) to play the game how it was intended. He may have even started up an uber-speechcraft character determined to talk his way thru the game. I think Beamer loves the game but is very disappointed that the character he took the time to create (uber -invisible) wasn't "fleshed" out by the devs/playtesters.

News Comments > Oblivion Expansion?
38. Re: I sure hope so Sep 12, 2006, 08:42 wasp

I havn't tried Oscuro's mod yet but i know i will after i beat vanilla oblivion (and after a hardware upgrade) I just noticed that there is a mod that makes it mandatory to eat and sleep to restore fatigue. With all that food in the game it seems like a waste not to utilize it. I'd also like a mod (or make it myself) that takes away half your gold for punishment everytime you die. There has to be some kind of ramification if you get careless.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2006, 20:18 wasp

"the real crux of the matter is the inability for people to lower themselves to the level of other animals, insects, bacteria and so forth... oh no - those things could never be intelligent, only the supreme masters of the universe known as humans could ever be that way.."

My feelings exactly. Why we place ourselves on a pedestal boggles my mind. Humans are great engineers, but not much else.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2006, 23:39 wasp

E...A... Sports! It's In The Game.

167 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo