Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > GameSpy Responds to Server Closures
6. Re: GameSpy Responds to Server Closures Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 Blackhawk

Yeah, with their actions in the last few weeks, no company is going to integrate their technology going forward. They're dead.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Community Market Beta
3. Re: Steam Community Market Beta Dec 12, 2012, 22:18 Blackhawk

This may have been done because of Diablo III's auction house. They may not have any particular plans for it, but if D3's model ends up being repeated by other publishers, they want the infrastructure in place to support it (or else they wouldn't be able to sell those games.)  

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
11. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 11:30 Blackhawk

Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 11:14:
Instead they'd stop making FPS games as frequently and instead make Sims games.

Yeah, but maybe the FPS games that were left wouldn't all play exactly like Call of Duty.

News Comments > MS Planning Annual "Windows Blue" Releases?
7. Re: MS Planning Annual "Windows Blue" Releases? Nov 28, 2012, 23:58 Blackhawk

They really need to recognize that nobody wants their 'unified' OS idea.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO The Lord of the Rings
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO The Lord of the Rings Nov 13, 2012, 22:43 Blackhawk

Lorcin wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 21:23:
Why base it on the films? good as they were the books WERE better. I'd much rather play a 20 min Tom Bombadil level then watch an hour of closing cut-scene.

WTB Sharkey

Because the LEGO games are visual satire?

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
26. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit Nov 9, 2012, 09:39 Blackhawk

Seriously, if their goal was to make a profit on this, why would they give away a free version and advertise it prominently? The (at or near cost) dongle version is to give people without a smartphone an option. For everyone else, it is free.

No security is perfect, and Blizzard knows this. There exists a third party system that significantly increases security because it isn't at Blizzard - it is sitting on the customer's desk. A hacker would have to be in your living room to get the code.

It isn't 'mandatory' - if you don't want it, you'd still get the same level of security you'd get with any major online service.

Furthermore, this isn't about Blizzard's security, it is about yours. This is a counter to the sheer number of people who were getting their accounts hacked, not through compromises at Blizzard, but through trojans, obvious passwords and similar crappy personal security. This is an extra line of security on the customer's end.

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
38. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 10:13 Blackhawk

I'm done with Razer anyway, after my last mouse broke under warranty, and it took six months and three defective replacements in a row, costing a stack of money to return, along with insinuations that I was trying to con them, before I finally got a working mouse.

Razer has gone to hell.

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
18. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:39 Blackhawk

Halo 1 was released on PC two years late.

Halo 2 was then released on the PC three years late.

They have since released four other Halo games that never made it to the PC.

The fact that the fifth won't is about as surprising as the new Mario not coming to PC.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2012, 22:46.

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
5. Re: Turbine Layoffs Oct 25, 2012, 22:44 Blackhawk

Stimpack wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 20:47:
*edit* and I meant no kidding as in they need to bring on AC II.

III?

News Comments > Fassbender in Assassin's Creed Film
26. Re: Fassbender in Assassin's Creed Film Oct 23, 2012, 00:27 Blackhawk

It might actually be good if they stay away from the established (past) characters and settings and did something original, just for the film.  

News Comments > GOG.com Announcements This Week
5. Re: GOG.com Announcements This Week Oct 15, 2012, 23:44 Blackhawk

No, you're not the only one. There are dozens of ways to get games. What made Good Old Games unique and appealing was that you could get so many really fantastic classic titles with patches (and frequently expansions) rolled in updated to run on modern systems for great prices. The Infinity Engine games, the two Might and Magic series, Blood, the Ultimas and so many others, and the prices were great. Nothing else compares to that, and with it becoming less of a priority for them, I fear the growth of their catalog of classics may start to slow.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned
16. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 00:25 Blackhawk

With good writers, it could work. There have been a great many successful, fun shows about military misfits, either straight comedies or action comedies.

Of course, the kind of writers that can pull something like that off are few and far between.

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
4. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 11:10 Blackhawk

deqer wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:04:
You all got suckered back in? lol. I feel sorry for you. Have fun playing/paying your MMO.

"<Blizzard> Here's a cookie."
"<Players> Okay! *RESUBSCRIBES*"

So... people who like what you don't like are suckers? Please, give us a list of what we're allowed to be entertained by. Can I watch Firefly? Do you like it enough for me to enjoy it without being a fool? Can I enjoy white wines, or do you only like reds?

News Comments > Blizzard "Looking At" F2P StarCraft II Multiplayer
23. Re: Blizzard "Looking At" F2P StarCraft II Multiplayer<br> Blizzard is "looking at free to play as a Sep 22, 2012, 00:53 Blackhawk

A company making money isn't greed. It is their job, and with most companies, it is the law.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 10:16 Blackhawk

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:13:
Interesting that the cast from the original shows up prominently. DLC with different trees? Or just apart of the story?

Part of the story.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Season Pass
34. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 19:35 Blackhawk

Really. It is an opportunity to pre-order expansions based on previous developer/series knowledge. You don't trust their content? Great - buy it after it is released, reviews are out, and Steam has it on sale. It isn't some dark corporate conspiracy either way.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 16:01 Blackhawk

I've already played this. It has been available as a mod for quite some time, and for free.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18480

News Comments > WoW Adding All Race Access
17. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 15:48 Blackhawk

Blizzard doesn't just pop out ideas. Blizzard studies reams and reams of data and comes to conclusions.

I'm guessing that they determined that the majority of their dedicated player base would be buying the expansion for the end game content regardless. Giving away the first few levels (let's face it - two or three hours of gaming) will draw in those who aren't sure about whether to buy it. Instead of $40 plus renewing a $15 subscription, they just need to renew. Low price point, more customers. Many of them will check out the new zones and leave, but many will pay to keep playing and/or to level up into the new content.

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
40. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 17, 2012, 09:45 Blackhawk

Make sure you also sue the following:

LucasArts (Star Wars: Rebellion)
BioWare (Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack)
Spiderweb Software (Geneforge 4: Rebellion)
Midas Interactive (Polaris Rebellion)
Phoenix Interactive (Space Rebellion)
Namco Bandai (Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion)

I've got a list of probably two dozen more. Rebellion - you can't claim your name as IP, at least not anymore.

News Comments > Uplay Patched
15. Re: Uplay Patched Jul 31, 2012, 00:37 Blackhawk

They don't care. They firmly, genuinely believe that the vast majority of their lost sales aren't because of their policies, it is because of piracy. They don't have any doubt that it is so.  

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo