Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 362 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 12, 2013, 11:44 Blackhawk

Not buying this generation won't matter. Where it will show is when the next wave of consoles hit the shelves. If MS keeps jacking up their prices (this alone increases my cost from $100 a year to $180, if I choose to remain subscribed), and if many of the 720 rumors prove to be true, they're going to shed customers like mad.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grimlands Kickstarter
5. Re: Grimlands Kickstarter Apr 8, 2013, 10:50 Blackhawk

InBlack wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:19:
Blackhawk wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:00:
The 'social dynamic of UO' wasn't one of its more positive traits.

Yes it was. Opinions and assholes and all that...

Precisely that.

News Comments > Grimlands Kickstarter
2. Re: Grimlands Kickstarter Apr 8, 2013, 10:00 Blackhawk

The 'social dynamic of UO' wasn't one of its more positive traits.  

News Comments > 38Studios.com  Oddness
8. Re: 38Studios.com† Oddness Apr 4, 2013, 17:05 Blackhawk

Looks like the page has been replaced by a placeholder (but not a squatter placeholder.)

I can't imagine anyone who ended up with the rights to the name actually using it. You'd be better off coming up with something new than trying to overcome the bad press and reputation.

News Comments > Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter
2. Re: Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter Apr 4, 2013, 16:20 Blackhawk

The term 'roguelike' has ceased to have any meaning whatsoever. It needs to be retired.  

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
37. Re: Thief 4 Trailer Apr 3, 2013, 00:34 Blackhawk

D_K_night wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 02:30:
Also notice garrett's eyes. One of them is already a different color, signifying that it's mechanical.

so it can't be a reboot, but rather a continuation of the series.

This logic isn't.

Andrew Garfield wore the same color Spiderman costume as Tobey Maguire, so it can't be a reboot. What?

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
10. Re: Thief 4 Trailer Apr 1, 2013, 22:35 Blackhawk

Ludomancer wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 20:34:
Yeah, if they meant for this to be a true sequel or something,

They have no such intent. They intend it to be a reboot.

News Comments > Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details
8. Re: Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details Mar 28, 2013, 23:19 Blackhawk

The second playthrough crossed the line between 'challenging' and 'frustratingly hard.'  

News Comments > New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development
15. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 15:28 Blackhawk

Wow. Is there anything that Blue's News readers don't hate?  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Teaser
4. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Teaser Mar 25, 2013, 11:18 Blackhawk

Actually, it was about five seconds. The rest was logos.  

News Comments > New Thief's New Garrett Profiled
27. Re: New Thief's New Garrett Profiled Mar 14, 2013, 18:21 Blackhawk

Ray Marden wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 17:41:

Can nobody make a good sequel to Thief 2?

Yes, eventually, but it likely won't be in a game with 'Thief' as the title.

15. Re: New Thief's New Garrett Profiled Mar 14, 2013, 15:29 Blackhawk

yuastnav wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 12:40:
Blackhawk wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:44:
[...]
You sound like my nine year old being offered a new food he's never tried. There's no way to know if it is going to suck. It may be a great game.
[...]

If your nine year old turned out to be like that after years of being offered new variations of his most beloved dishes which then turn out to be complete rubbish then this analogy would be a little bit closer to the truth.

You missed the point. The point is that it is foolish to dismiss something as awful when, not only have you never tried it, it doesn't even actually exist yet.

It won't be a new Thief game. I know that, and it is disappointing. I still have Thief Gold and 2, plus tons of fan missions I can replay as often as I like. There is a possibility, though, that this will be a brand new game that may be fun. It may not - I don't know. It doesn't exist yet.

If it sucks, I don't lose anything. I still have the old games, and there are hundreds of games I'm not interested in. Adding one more doesn't hurt me.

If it doesn't suck - guess what? There will be a new series that I might enjoy, if for entirely different reasons than the original Thief games.

6. Re: New Thief's New Garrett Profiled Mar 14, 2013, 11:44 Blackhawk

Ratty wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:28:
At this point I just wish they'd let Thief die a dignified death. Whatever they come up with is gonna suck.

You sound like my nine year old being offered a new food he's never tried. There's no way to know if it is going to suck. It may be a great game.

It will not, however, be a continuation of the original Thief series. It is a reboot. Look at it that way and it may turn out to be a decent game. Look at it as Thief 4 and you're going to be disappointed.

(Personally, I'd rather have had Thief 4, as the slow, methodical gameplay is absent in today's market, but if it is completely unmarketable, they might as well use the franchise.)

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
34. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 13:58 Blackhawk

So the guy has money. He isn't asking for charity, he's asking for investment. Lots of the people on Kickstarter could probably finance out of their own pockets if they wanted to, as could many traditional business start-ups that seek financial backers. That doesn't mean it is a good idea.

In any case, while Garriott has a good history, way back when, his recent efforts have been lackluster. He hasn't made a decent single player game in nearly 20 years, and that's what the people investing in this would be most interested in.

News Comments > No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play
12. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:09 Blackhawk

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

There is no cross play for the same reason that there is no cross-play with most competitive games (especially those where you're spending real cash: It is impossible for a console player to remain competitive with a PC player. I can program my keyboard with complex inputs that would twist someone's thumbs into a pretzel if they tried it on a controller.

A keyboard/mouse can provide more input more quickly and precisely than a controller.

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
8. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 23:56 Blackhawk

Well, they're very European. That typically means deep games with fantastic gameplay, but extremely quirky interfaces and technical issues. Spellforce was like that. It's a blast to play, but you have to put up with a few headaches to do so.

If you can ignore the problems (like the fact that you can't remap any keys), then it is a great game.

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
6. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 21:48 Blackhawk

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 16:50:
Don't the spellforce games have some serious DRM attached, even on Steam?

Generic SecuROM, no limited activations as far as I know.

The original Spellforce, when purchased on disk, had StarForce, which gave it a bad reputation way back when.

News Comments > Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero
15. Re: Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero Feb 10, 2013, 16:22 Blackhawk

I donít have problems with whoever doing the songs

There. He released them into the public domain. Problem solved, and thanks, Axl!

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Trailer
41. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 11:28 Blackhawk

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 18:38:
I'm happy with what I'm seeing here. I'm down like a clown, Charlie Brown. And gods no! We don't need yet more updates. If anything we need less. I don't need to hear about every single friggin thing that crosses their minds ever day. And I mean that for all the KS' so far.

They made a commitment to us to keep us informed when we became their investors. They have our money. They have a responsibility to show us that they're using it as agreed.

We can ignore those communications if we choose, but in a world with so much dishonesty, I'd rather they over communicate than not communicate at all. After all, we're still setting standards on what we expect from public funding systems.

News Comments > Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG
15. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 10:57 Blackhawk

Bhruic wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 09:39:
It's an odd time to pick. We know what the end result is going to be - no more Jedi (barring Obi-wan and Yoda). We know there's no other Sith.

Some of the fiction indicates that there are still a few Jedi who got the 'warning' and weren't wiped out, but that they're all in hiding. It wouldn't be hard to write one in as a character.

The real appeal of that period, for a developer, is that you've got all of the well-known, well-established Star Wars standards in place. You've got Vader, Stormroopers, rebels, the whole nine yards, but you don't have any canon materials covering the period so you can write whatever story you like without having to work around the films.

362 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo