Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 349 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
34. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 13:58 Blackhawk

So the guy has money. He isn't asking for charity, he's asking for investment. Lots of the people on Kickstarter could probably finance out of their own pockets if they wanted to, as could many traditional business start-ups that seek financial backers. That doesn't mean it is a good idea.

In any case, while Garriott has a good history, way back when, his recent efforts have been lackluster. He hasn't made a decent single player game in nearly 20 years, and that's what the people investing in this would be most interested in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play
12. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:09 Blackhawk

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

There is no cross play for the same reason that there is no cross-play with most competitive games (especially those where you're spending real cash: It is impossible for a console player to remain competitive with a PC player. I can program my keyboard with complex inputs that would twist someone's thumbs into a pretzel if they tried it on a controller.

A keyboard/mouse can provide more input more quickly and precisely than a controller.

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
8. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 23:56 Blackhawk

Well, they're very European. That typically means deep games with fantastic gameplay, but extremely quirky interfaces and technical issues. Spellforce was like that. It's a blast to play, but you have to put up with a few headaches to do so.

If you can ignore the problems (like the fact that you can't remap any keys), then it is a great game.

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
6. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 21:48 Blackhawk

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 16:50:
Don't the spellforce games have some serious DRM attached, even on Steam?

Generic SecuROM, no limited activations as far as I know.

The original Spellforce, when purchased on disk, had StarForce, which gave it a bad reputation way back when.

News Comments > Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero
15. Re: Axl Rose on GnR in Guitar Hero Feb 10, 2013, 16:22 Blackhawk

I donít have problems with whoever doing the songs

There. He released them into the public domain. Problem solved, and thanks, Axl!

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Trailer
41. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 11:28 Blackhawk

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 18:38:
I'm happy with what I'm seeing here. I'm down like a clown, Charlie Brown. And gods no! We don't need yet more updates. If anything we need less. I don't need to hear about every single friggin thing that crosses their minds ever day. And I mean that for all the KS' so far.

They made a commitment to us to keep us informed when we became their investors. They have our money. They have a responsibility to show us that they're using it as agreed.

We can ignore those communications if we choose, but in a world with so much dishonesty, I'd rather they over communicate than not communicate at all. After all, we're still setting standards on what we expect from public funding systems.

News Comments > Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG
15. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 10:57 Blackhawk

Bhruic wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 09:39:
It's an odd time to pick. We know what the end result is going to be - no more Jedi (barring Obi-wan and Yoda). We know there's no other Sith.

Some of the fiction indicates that there are still a few Jedi who got the 'warning' and weren't wiped out, but that they're all in hiding. It wouldn't be hard to write one in as a character.

The real appeal of that period, for a developer, is that you've got all of the well-known, well-established Star Wars standards in place. You've got Vader, Stormroopers, rebels, the whole nine yards, but you don't have any canon materials covering the period so you can write whatever story you like without having to work around the films.

News Comments > EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a "Rest"
1. Re: EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a "Rest" Jan 30, 2013, 21:15 Blackhawk

Wow. They make an awful game and blame its performance on the reviewers?  

News Comments > Junction Point Studios Closed
12. Re: Junction Point Studios Closed Jan 29, 2013, 14:09 Blackhawk

Great games aren't always the ones that make money.

Studios run on money. That's why we've had nine Maddens and eight Call of Duty titles since the last Thief game. Making great games isn't how you stay in business. Selling lots of (whatever) games is.

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
8. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 00:12 Blackhawk

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 23:56:
I dont know, i'd like to see the numbers personally. I think that Elder Scrolls games have always been pc-centric and i'm willing to bet more sales on PC, maybe with the exception of Oblivion but i'd say that would be it.

PC sales, as of last July (8 months after release) accounted for only 14% of total sales. PS3 had 27% and Xbox360 had 59%.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/

You'll find similar stats for the two most recent Fallout titles.

Now, tell me again why they don't consider the PC a priority? Personally, I'm just glad they're willing to deal with the headaches brought about from releasing the construction set to only 14% of their audience.

News Comments > Batman and Arkham Domains
7. Re: Batman and Arkham Domains Jan 14, 2013, 10:50 Blackhawk

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 10:47:
Does anyone truly believe that Arkham Asylum and City, both very successful commercial ventures, isn't going to get a third game in the series?

Creston

Right, another Arkham title is a given, and the studios have already stated that there is another Batman reboot coming to tie in with the upcoming Avengers er, Justice League (need caffeine) movie, so regardless of the source, this isn't a huge surprise.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art
10. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Dec 26, 2012, 23:10 Blackhawk

Anybody who's seen turn of the (last) century aviation etchings knows where they got their inspiration, and they did a great job with it, but the awful, awful color they picked - ouch.  

News Comments > GameSpy Responds to Server Closures
6. Re: GameSpy Responds to Server Closures Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 Blackhawk

Yeah, with their actions in the last few weeks, no company is going to integrate their technology going forward. They're dead.  

News Comments > Steam Community Market Beta
3. Re: Steam Community Market Beta Dec 12, 2012, 22:18 Blackhawk

This may have been done because of Diablo III's auction house. They may not have any particular plans for it, but if D3's model ends up being repeated by other publishers, they want the infrastructure in place to support it (or else they wouldn't be able to sell those games.)  

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
11. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 11:30 Blackhawk

Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 11:14:
Instead they'd stop making FPS games as frequently and instead make Sims games.

Yeah, but maybe the FPS games that were left wouldn't all play exactly like Call of Duty.

News Comments > MS Planning Annual "Windows Blue" Releases?
7. Re: MS Planning Annual "Windows Blue" Releases? Nov 28, 2012, 23:58 Blackhawk

They really need to recognize that nobody wants their 'unified' OS idea.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO The Lord of the Rings
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO The Lord of the Rings Nov 13, 2012, 22:43 Blackhawk

Lorcin wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 21:23:
Why base it on the films? good as they were the books WERE better. I'd much rather play a 20 min Tom Bombadil level then watch an hour of closing cut-scene.

WTB Sharkey

Because the LEGO games are visual satire?

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
26. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit Nov 9, 2012, 09:39 Blackhawk

Seriously, if their goal was to make a profit on this, why would they give away a free version and advertise it prominently? The (at or near cost) dongle version is to give people without a smartphone an option. For everyone else, it is free.

No security is perfect, and Blizzard knows this. There exists a third party system that significantly increases security because it isn't at Blizzard - it is sitting on the customer's desk. A hacker would have to be in your living room to get the code.

It isn't 'mandatory' - if you don't want it, you'd still get the same level of security you'd get with any major online service.

Furthermore, this isn't about Blizzard's security, it is about yours. This is a counter to the sheer number of people who were getting their accounts hacked, not through compromises at Blizzard, but through trojans, obvious passwords and similar crappy personal security. This is an extra line of security on the customer's end.

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
38. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 10:13 Blackhawk

I'm done with Razer anyway, after my last mouse broke under warranty, and it took six months and three defective replacements in a row, costing a stack of money to return, along with insinuations that I was trying to con them, before I finally got a working mouse.

Razer has gone to hell.

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
18. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 22:39 Blackhawk

Halo 1 was released on PC two years late.

Halo 2 was then released on the PC three years late.

They have since released four other Halo games that never made it to the PC.

The fact that the fifth won't is about as surprising as the new Mario not coming to PC.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2012, 22:46.

349 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo