Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 362 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2013, 21:50 Blackhawk

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 21:14:
Damn Slim, RIP. I'll be reaching out to Box Car Willy and Zamfir before it is too late.

Too late for Boxcar - by about 15 years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The War Z Name Change
8. Re: The War Z Name Change Jun 19, 2013, 19:16 Blackhawk

In other words, they glued on a paper moustache and are hoping nobody will notice.  

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
14. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 14:48 Blackhawk

I'd prefer a classic Thief game, too, but:

They said from the beginning that this was a reboot. It isn't the same Thief games we used to play, and it isn't supposed to be. The Thief franchise was dead. The old games are still playable, and nothing they do will change them.

I'd rather have a good, atmospheric new game (by any name) than not have it. My concern is whether they can make a good new game (that may or may not remind me of a classic.)

It's like watching the Dark Knight trilogy and complaining that it doesn't have enough spandex and day-glo. Same basic setting. Completely different experience.

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
29. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 15:53 Blackhawk

When discussing console prices, don't forget inflation.

The NES, in today's money, would cost $426. The XBox would be $387.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 7, 2013, 20:04 Blackhawk

Because there are many, many fail-safes designed to ensure that innocent people don't get executed by the state.

Of course, those fail-safes sometimes fail, and the process itself is extremely inefficient.

News Comments > FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500
13. Re: FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500 Jun 7, 2013, 12:02 Blackhawk

I love Freespace and Freespace 2, but - let's be honest, the space sim market is very, very niche these days, and Freespace is an IP that hasn't had a game in 14 years - much of the market has never heard of it. I can see why they'd have trouble selling it.

It's a great IP, but there isn't much money to be made off of it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar
1. Re: Deus Ex: The Fall Falls Off Our Radar Jun 5, 2013, 12:05 Blackhawk

UNATCO is to blame.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 3, 2013, 18:53 Blackhawk

Best guess? It will be down to, oh, five times what its closest competitor has.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
5. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 28, 2013, 09:43 Blackhawk

You have to realize that all the controversy around SimCity and EA is completely unknown to 90% of the gaming market. The vast majority of people who buy games don't follow every bit of gaming news. They may read a review, or they may just pick up what looks appealing to them at the store, but they don't have Blue's News on their daily read list.  

News Comments > 15 Unreal Years
12. Re: 15 Unreal Years May 22, 2013, 23:55 Blackhawk

I played Unreal on my old Intel Celery 333Mhz/Voodoo 3 system. It was the first game I ever played online co-op on. I still love it - I just replayed it a couple of years ago. It's still a beautiful game.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2013, 21:13 Blackhawk

It is just as likely that they are realizing the same thing Ubi did: Making a small amount of money at the cost of a bad reputation with your most vocal customer base doesn't actually save money after all.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2013, 17:53 Blackhawk

I do so love their phrasing: "We tried to do something nice for our customers, but they just didn't get it."  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
12. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 8, 2013, 22:47 Blackhawk

Oh, Blizzard has always known they'd lose subscriptions eventually, and they planned around it. They aren't 'crashing', they're on the downhill end of the curve that they've been working around for years.  

News Comments > TimeGate in Chapter 11
2. Re: TimeGate in Chapter 11 May 2, 2013, 21:01 Blackhawk

What happened to you, TimeGate? The Kohan series was fantastic - but everything since has been somewhere between mediocre and bad.  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
45. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 15:18 Blackhawk

ViRGE wrote on May 1, 2013, 11:01:
Cutter wrote on May 1, 2013, 10:59:
It's likely they're not looking to get rich on this but punish Sega/Gearbox and open the way more easily for a class-action suit. Let's hope they win.
But who does a class action suit help? It doesn't help consumers and it doesn't help publishers.

It may not help anyone involved in this case.

What it could do, however, is show publishers that they're actually liable for claims that they make in the future.

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
22. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 10:58 Blackhawk

If you read the article and take the quote in context, it would suggest that 'lack of publisher' oversight includes both proper financial management, and ensuring that the team was working according to a viable plan.

Without that oversight they ended up going way over budget, and ended up presenting demos that only worked because they were specifically scripted to work, as opposed to working through natural gameplay. The current state of the game seems to be something very different from what they had agreed to make when they started.

There's no way to say for sure whether that is good for the final game (made it more 'old school' than planned) or bad for it (ignored plans to stick to its roots.)

News Comments > XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August
9. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 11:53 Blackhawk

McSterls wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 11:47:
Blackhawk wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 11:23:
McSterls wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 10:39:
Is there anything in this trailer that makes you think the game will be fun? I didn't see anything.

Er, it wasn't supposed to tell you anything about how fun the game will be. It was supposed to give you an idea of the atmosphere they're going for.

I thought it was supposed to make me want to buy the game. It didn't.

No, it was supposed to make you aware of the game, of its setting and of its style. It was supposed to stir up discussion and start the word-of-mouth process. The actual attempts to sway you to buy it will come later.

News Comments > XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August
6. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 11:23 Blackhawk

McSterls wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 10:39:
Is there anything in this trailer that makes you think the game will be fun? I didn't see anything.

Er, it wasn't supposed to tell you anything about how fun the game will be. It was supposed to give you an idea of the atmosphere they're going for.

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
9. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 12:10 Blackhawk

Drayth wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 12:01:
Or the domain was registered for a different reason. It was only an assumption by the fans that it was meant to be the next DLC.

Maybe it's something to do with the more recent Arena registration?

Nicely worded post by Bethesda, and yes.. now the mods can finally begin to "settle".

Redguard, Arena - I wonder if they're getting ready to update and re-issue their pre-Morrowind stuff.

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
1. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 11:34 Blackhawk

Good. Now people can settle on a set of mods and not have to worry about them getting broken every couple of months by big updates.  

362 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo