Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 354 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains In-game Ads
14. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 00:10 Blackhawk

Optional. Aup. Shun. Uhl. Some of you people need to get a little less dense before you start attracting your own satellites.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Graveyard Released, Demo
10. Very nice. Mar 22, 2008, 09:48 Blackhawk

Don't think of it as a game. Think of it as a piece of interactive art built with game technology. With that in mind, I thought it was fantastically done.

Maybe you just have to have been there.

News Comments > Why No PC Civilization Revolution
12. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 09:15 Blackhawk

I can't see where any of the hardcore console crowd would ever even be interested in a real Civ game. WTF are they making? If it's not Civ call if fucking something else.

Um, they did? In fact, that was what the whole news item was about - how they're calling it something else because it isn't a classic Civ game. It is a spinoff.

News Comments > CPL Closes
13. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 13:22 Blackhawk

They said 'sport', not 'athletic sport'. A sport is a competitive activity governed by rules. There are lots of things that qualify as sports that aren't even remotely athletic.

News Comments > PC Rainbow Six Vegas 2 & Assassin's Creed Delays
11. Again... Mar 12, 2008, 22:09 Blackhawk

The thing people keep missing is that they didn't make decisions that made R6 Vegas into a poor tactical shooter. They decided, rather, not to make it a tactical shooter at all. As a modern military action shooter, it is a blast. Saying it isn't realistic is like complaining that Freelancer wasn't a realistic depiction of space combat, or WoW doesn't capture the nuances of European martial arts. That wasn't what any of them were trying to do.

Now, if you like action shooters, grab a copy. It is a great game in its own right.

If you only like tactical shooters, accept that the property's owners have decided not to make Rainbow tactical shooters anymore. Mourn the loss of the leader in a genre that is almost dead. I know I do. I played and loved every Rainbow game from the original through Iron Wrath, the SWAT series, OpFlash, and the original Ghost Recon, every one of them several times (except Black Thorn - blech) and I was disappointed that Rainbow wasn't going to be a realistic series anymore.

Oh well. I'm mature enough that I can enjoy the action series as an action series instead of insisting that it is a bad game because it isn't like a different game released to a different market.

News Comments > Sims 3 Info Soon
19. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2008, 16:57 Blackhawk

Sooo... people that love The Sims get to play a new game, while people who don't like it still won't be playing it. One group wins, the other is oblivious.

Why is this a bad thing again?

News Comments > Windows LIVE Boycott
23. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2008, 13:20 Blackhawk

Boycotting because Microsoft is "violating our rights as PC gamers"? It amazes me what some people think of as rights. Seriously, guys, playing the 'rights card' just makes this look ridiculous. You don't have the right to free anything or convenient anything from any company. Early multiplayer had a stint with pay-to-play in the late 90s, and it died because nobody was willing to pay. This will die out the same way, not because of an internet boycott over violated 'rights'.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Codemasters. Dec 9, 2007, 13:35 Blackhawk

Codemasters has earned a reputation for consistently having the most ill-planned, heavy-handed, and least effective measures against piracy. The simply don't understand how piracy works or how it actually affects their business, so their responses tend to be so far off target as to be laughable.

News Comments > Free Daikatana
34. Not so bad Dec 6, 2007, 09:55 Blackhawk

Add me to the list of people who finished this one. It wasn't that bad of a game. It had a couple of flaws, mainly your sidekicks, but once you learned to keep them out of the way, it wasn't too awful. The Greek levels were actually quite a bit of fun, and memorable.

The problem was that while it was decent, it was nowhere near what its marketing and PR made it out to be, which turned it into a pile-on whipping boy - I've found that 3/4 of the people who bashed the game the most had never bothered to play it. They were just trying to do the 'cool' thing.

It wasn't perfect, and the annoyances made it not worth a re-play, but it really was fun.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Beowulf
4. No subject Nov 16, 2007, 20:20 Blackhawk

Carnal power?

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans & Creative Audio Issue
63. Re: Creative sucks? Oct 3, 2007, 08:49 Blackhawk

Ive never had so many bad ones that I blamed Creative for making bad cards.

Creative doesn't make bad cards. They make bad drivers and have bad support for decent cards. There are certain hardware combinations over the years that have been roadblocks with Creative products, and certain software that ran horribly with it.

Creative's ugliness rears its ugly head when you DO have a problem, find out it is shared by thousands, and Creative is nowhere to be found (compare to ATI or Nvidia who address issues every few weeks.)

Their drivers contain so much junk that it takes more time trying to figure out what NOT to install than the whole rest of the process. They most certainly do drop support for old cards way, way too soon in an artificial attempt to force people to upgrade to newer cards before their old ones are even remotely obsolete. They want an upgrade market like exists for graphics cards - every two years - when they make a product that only really needs upgraded every six or eight. They compensate by artificially forcing upgrades on people.

(BTW, I've lost count of how many computers I've built and configured over the years with Creative and non-Creative cards, so I'm speaking from experience myself.)

61. Re: Creative sucks? Oct 2, 2007, 21:22 Blackhawk

Ive never understood people blaming Creative for their problems.

Funnily, all other computers I built and installed/configured never had a problem with creative sound cards either.

So I really doubt most of the so called Creative problems are really Creatives fault.

Funnily, I've never understood why people think 'it didn't happen to me' means 'it doesn't happen'. I ran out onto the highway once as a kid and didn't die, therefore we should let our kids play on the highway. Good logic, eh? I played Russian roulette and didn't die, therefore people don't die playing Russian roulette. Makes lots of sense.

There are lots of common PC issues that I've never had. That doesn't make me believe that everyone who has had them is somehow delusional.

23. Pfft. Sep 30, 2007, 20:46 Blackhawk

Creative, masters of the annual driver update. Lords of dropping support for year-old sound cards as soon as they release a new model. Experts at being completely unreachable for tech support when hundreds of users report identical issues. Geniuses at writing drivers that are 10% driver, 90% bloat. The epitome of the half-arsed driver uninstall.

Blizzard most likely got sick of screwing with Creative and decided to ignore them. Perhaps if more developers would do the same, they'd learn to stop playing sound card monopoly and actually work for their customers.

News Comments > Red Alert: A Path Beyond
16. Best of all... Sep 17, 2007, 00:46 Blackhawk

I love when you purchase a lifetime subscription, and a month later the company is bought out and the new owner tells you you have to purchase a new lifetime subscription for the same product.

News Comments > More In-game Ads
11. Pffft. Jul 23, 2007, 13:10 Blackhawk

One can complain about the intrusiveness or appropriateness, but do give up on the 'they should cost less' nonsense. I bought my first PC game for $50. I bought my most recent PC game for $50. Everything else out there has doubled in price in the same period of time. Wages have increased significantly. Minimum wage now matches a 'respectable income' then. We should be jumping up and down, amazed that games aren't running $85 each in a world where game companies are going bankrupt left and right and accepting a loss on most of the their titles in the hope that one in twenty makes up for it.

I despise in-game advertising as much as the next guy, but lay off with the 'does it cost less?' nonsense - it makes us all look stupid.

News Comments > The World According to NIMF
3. No subject Jul 10, 2007, 22:26 Blackhawk

The NIMF are important. They give Jack Thompson someone to quote, which keeps Jack Thompson in business. Jack Thompson does us a real service by being so vocal - he makes everyone involved with the issue look like idiots.

Thanks, NIMF!

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
40. Multi-platform Jul 8, 2007, 12:46 Blackhawk

You have a business. You can sell to 1/4 of the potential customers or to 3/4 of the potential customers. Don't forget that if you don't make money, you lose your job and/or your business.

Now whiny little twits go and complain because you run your business like a business. What a woyld, what a woyld.

News Comments > GRAW 2 SP Demo
41. Re: 1.77GB???? Jul 6, 2007, 10:16 Blackhawk

You know, this digital photo of my kids over here is 1.1MB. Does that mean it was 10% more work than War and Peace? I'd hate to imagine how much work went into some of my MP3s! That YouTube clip of some kid singing a pop song on his webcam must be the equivalent of Tolstoy's entire life's work!

Logic ain't what it used to be.

News Comments > Daikatana Deathmatch
33. Sheep? May 10, 2007, 10:42 Blackhawk

I've played a lot - and I mean a lot - of shooters over the last decade. Daikatana, beginning to end, was one of them. Daikatana wasn't a great game, or even a particularly memorable game, but I've played a whole lot of shooters that were worse than Daikatana. It actually had some fun levels (I really enjoyed the Greece areas.)

News Comments > Infinity Ward Announcement Next Week
40. Oh, dear god no! Apr 22, 2007, 12:06 Blackhawk

Oh, dear! Not another WWII game, because, you know, you'd HAVE to play it. It isn't the same as when people don't like - say, sports games - and have the choice to ignore them while people who like feetball have the option to do something they enjoy. Obviously, if YOU don't like WWII games, they shouldn't be made, as those who enjoy them obviously just need an intervention.

No, what we need is another modern military shooter. Oh, wait - how about a space marine game. Better yet, how about another one of those 'sit in the race car and go in circles' games. God knows they haven't made enough of any of those - anything but WWII!

354 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo