Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 356 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2009, 10:15 Blackhawk

That 'Overrated Video Game Franchises' article - wow. It doesn't even deserve recognition. It's like he's saying, "I don't like Quake because brown isn't my favorite color." He says he's only played two hours of Half-Life in six years, then says Half-Life is overrated because of lack of variety in enemies.

This is a thirteen year old with a website, not journalism.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision & "Bullshots"?
4. Re: Activision & "Bullshots"? Jan 29, 2009, 09:44 Blackhawk

Folk are funny. Please go identify the products on the market for which advertising images are not 'enhanced'. Good luck. I won't be waiting around - I don't have an eternity.

Hell, whole documentaries have been done on how they make food look good on menus - that awesome scoop of ice cream getting your attention at Denny's is colored lard, and those bubbles in that fresh cup of coffee is dish detergent.

Please, someone tell me that you are under the impression that marketing is based on reality. I need a good laugh.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 9, 2009, 00:01 Blackhawk

You should only need Driver Cleaner/Sweeper if you're troubleshooting a problem or downgrading drivers to older versions. For regular updating, it isn't really needed - despite what the purists will tell you.  

News Comments > Top 10 Pirated Games
3. Re: Top 10 Pirated Games Dec 9, 2008, 19:46 Blackhawk

This would be more relevant if it factored in numbers shipped/numbers sold. A million seller will naturally have more downloaded copies than an obscure niche product that only ships 2,000 copies.  

News Comments > Age of Booty Beta
2. Re: On International Talk Like a Pirate Day Sep 19, 2008, 20:50 Blackhawk

It's 16 in most states.

News Comments > Mass Effect DRM Issues?
14. Three times isn't a stretch. Jun 19, 2008, 00:08 Blackhawk

I've installed games more than three times in a shorter time frame.

You install the game. A couple of days later something gets wonky on your system and you do a reformat. You reinstall the game, and something isn't working right. You check tech support - uninstall and reinstall the game. Done.

That's three right there.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Retrospective
22. No subject Jun 16, 2008, 14:20 Blackhawk

Gamers who buy games because of and awareness of reviews and gameplay nuances: 10%

Gamers who buy games based on catchy names and pretty box pictures: 90%.

The gameplay issues are the reason it didn't appeal to the 10% (not coincidentally a majority of those reading this site fall into that 10%.) The stated comments about appeal really do apply to the other 90%, who, let's face it, are more important to a business than the 10%.

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip Follow-up
34. Good lord. May 26, 2008, 22:55 Blackhawk

Of course piracy isn't stealing.

Burglary isn't robbery. One specifically involves entering private property to commit a crime, the other involves stealing something from an individual through force or threat of force. Both are crimes, both are 'wrong.'

Piracy isn't stealing. For something to be stolen, it has to be gone. It is a word with a specific meaning. Piracy isn't stealing, that's pretty much the truth. Of course, just like how robbery and burglary will both get you put in jail, and have moral and ethical aspects that would make your mother cry, piracy is a bad thing in and of itself.

No, piracy isn't stealing. Pirates aren't thieves. That really isn't relevant, though, as they're still committing an immoral crime.

News Comments > Atari Abandoning Solo Play?
6. No subject May 23, 2008, 11:01 Blackhawk

News like this is good news. Without the $X million dollar huge publisher titles to compete against, the single player market will open up more for the smaller developers, who typically make fresher games rather than games designed on top of a demographic spreadsheet (Add a character with blue hair and the the sales increase 0.14%. Make that character a female companion for the player and the sales go up 0.5%. Give her a gun with a sword blade and sales go up 0.07%. That's your design doc, gentlemen. Get to it.)

News Comments > Penny Arcade Episode One Demos
13. Re: No subject May 21, 2008, 14:43 Blackhawk

So he has to be a professional game reviewer in order to have an opinion?

I believe that was sarcasm about how the opinion was expressed but not supported, not the existence of the opinion itself.

News Comments > On the Gothic IV Name Change
37. No subject May 20, 2008, 18:14 Blackhawk

One thing I can say without a doubt: DreamCatcher, more than anything else, needs to hire a better PR rep (not to mention a liability adviser.) Whoever let this release out the front door should be executed.

News Comments > On the Gothic IV Name Change
22. No subject May 20, 2008, 12:56 Blackhawk

" North American (bright and beautiful) and European (muted and gritty)."

Goody! I'm tired of the series being gritty. It wasn't at all a part of its appeal, or anything that made it stand aside from all the other RPGs out there. Maybe, if we ask real nice with big smiles, they'll turn the orcs into My Little Pony unicorns, and the swords into rainbow generators! Wheee!

News Comments > New PCIe Sound Blaster Cards
28. No subject May 16, 2008, 19:07 Blackhawk

Creative's record of support for their customers is one of the worst in the business. Not only that, they've got a product that people could buy and use for years on end without ever upgrading, and they know it, so they aren't at all subtle in the way they prematurely end support for their hardware to force people to upgrade. They do everything they can to make your still perfectly good card useless, making a long-term purchase into a short term purchase, costing you money for their benefit.

No Creative for me, thanks.

News Comments > Still No Fallout 3 Demo
44. No subject May 15, 2008, 01:41 Blackhawk

People vastly overestimate the number of 'hardcore' Fallout fans out there, the type that would go ballistic over a tiny change in lore, as opposed to regular Fallout fans who simply like the feel of the game. Those ultra-hardcore fans (the ultra verbal minority) are so few in number that them buying or not buying the game will have nil effect on the final sales numbers. Fractions of a percent.

The way they've 'protested' Fallout 3, going irrationally belligerent toward anything related to the game or Bethesda has taken what could have been viable complaints and turned it into a laughing stock. People go to the sites run by these people simply to be amused by the angry nonsense, by the digging for something, anything to find objectionable in anything Bethsoft says, regardless of whether it actually means what they claim or not.

News Comments > Still No Fallout 3 Demo
8. No subject May 14, 2008, 10:22 Blackhawk

If the engine mechanics are comparable to the last couple of Bethesda games (and they are), then you can't just release one 'level' to the public the way other games do. You have to create a whole new game from scratch to serve as the demo.

A company run demo, on the other hand, can simply be a Bethesda employee playing/demonstrating the first 30 minutes of the full game on a PC the viewer never gets to poke around in.

Of course, there's no question that the rabid anti-Bethesda crowd will hold this up as proof of some sort of anti-fan conspiracy.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
53. Hello, my name is: Apr 30, 2008, 11:48 Blackhawk

Look at me. I've got a product that I need to sell to make a living.

I can sell to 1/5 of potential consumers, or I can sell to all of them.

Hmm. What to do, what to do?

Why does anybody get surprised when businesses make good business decisions?

News Comments > No Fallout 3 Demo
44. Who was expecting a demo? Apr 22, 2008, 00:17 Blackhawk

Anyone who has spent any time with the Morrowind or Oblivion construction sets can tell you that making a demo with those engines wouldn't be at all practical. The game doesn't have 'levels' that you can section off and give to someone. You either have the whole world, or none of it.

The only way to make a demo would be to create a demo completely separate from the game (IE - design a whole new world.)

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky DirectX 10 Trailer
35. Good lord. Apr 21, 2008, 17:58 Blackhawk

Piracy is wrong.

Selling frequently defective or misrepresented merchandise with no recourse for the consumer is also wrong.

When it comes right down to it, there doesn't seem to be much of a moral high ground for either side. Two individuals stand on opposite sides of a street trying to out-greed the other through whatever means they feel they can get away with. Both then complain that they are a victim. The real victims are those few developers (Stardock comes to mind) who act forthrightly but end up getting hurt by both sides, and those consumers who try to act like customers in any other industry and end up getting scammed.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 18:00.

News Comments > Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown
6. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 10:45 Blackhawk

May fools!

News Comments > Fallout 3: Collectors Edition
18. No subject Apr 12, 2008, 01:16 Blackhawk

I'll be so disappointed when this game is released. Not because of the game - it may be great, it may suck - but because of the hilarious nonsense that it spawns every time someone mentions it. It isn't every day that you get to watch two well-known websites lose all credibility and become laughing stocks with such flair and finesse.

356 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo