Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 361 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders
14. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders Jan 19, 2010, 07:06 Blackhawk

If they Cataclysm comes out next fall, they're going to have to promote and present a patch 3.4 as if it were a mini expansion just to keep peoples' attention.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medal of Honor Announced
12. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 18:50 Blackhawk

I missed the early MoH games. Maybe this one will be an open sandbox type battlefield type game. ?? Yes, there's definitely room for another entry here.

The MoH series have been exciting, fast paced, and insanely linear scripted action shooters designed to make you feel like you're in a war movie rather than in a war.

News Comments > Future Wars Announced
4. Re: Future Wars Announced Dec 1, 2009, 08:43 Blackhawk

I feel homelike already!  

News Comments > Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys
37. Re: Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys Nov 21, 2009, 09:07 Blackhawk

There's some guy outside with a trench coat and Rolexes saying, "Psst - wanna buy a watch?" You can buy one if you want. You can even pretend they're real. If you really believe they're real, though, you're a fool.

In this world, where caveat emptor is the rule, anyone who buys from a questionable source, who accepts a 'too good to be true' deal and gets nailed for it was either hoping to get away with something or a fool.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 2, 2009, 21:51 Blackhawk

That Prince of Persia looks more like a Prince of Sweden. An American actor of European descent with a fake British accent.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Early Access Delayed
12. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Early Access Delayed Oct 27, 2009, 21:56 Blackhawk

Remember when demos were advertising that the publishers begged you to try, rather than 'perks'?  

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Oct 18, 2009, 08:43 Blackhawk

I do believe I said that they had great prices. I wasn't bitching about their prices, just their advertising.

Most companies don't advertise sales based on MSRP. They advertise sales based on their current, non-sale prices. The prices they sell an item at if it isn't on sale. In fact, when companies do advertise based on MSRP, they invariably state that in a disclaimer to limit liability for false advertising claims.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Oct 17, 2009, 19:58 Blackhawk

Better examples:

Pirates of The Burning Sea on GoGamer. Save 90%.

Gogamer says the game is $49.99, on sale for $4.90.

You can get it on Amazon for $6.99. That means you're only saving two bucks.

Call of Juarez on GoGamer. Save 90%.

90% of $49.99

Amazon new is actually $9.47

Now, I'm not saying that GoGamer doesn't have some great deals. These really are good prices. Two Worlds for three bucks? Hell yeah. Their advertised discounts, on the other hand, are complete fabrications.

I've been a GoGamer fan for years. I've got a GoGamer coaster under my coffee right now. This, though, really makes me think my trust is misplaced. If you're dishonest in one thing, prudence suggests that you'll be dishonest in others, too.

Hey, GoGamer - advertise the awesome prices (as they really are) and get back the customer trust and word of mouth that made you so popular to begin with!

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Oct 17, 2009, 17:43 Blackhawk

You should really consider not listing GoGamer sales as long as they're playing this game of listing a five year old game at $50, then offering it at current retail and calling it '85% off'. It's a scam aimed at people not aware of game price trends, not a sale.  

News Comments > Win7 & Diablo II
12. Re: Win7 & Diablo II Oct 9, 2009, 13:22 Blackhawk

whats the resolution hack? can you do 1920x1200

http://www.moddb.com/games/diablo-2/news/d2multires

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 7, 2009, 19:59 Blackhawk

Hey, GoGamer!

Quit listing 4 1/2 year old games at the full $50 release price and then claiming a 90% discount for selling it at current retail.

News Comments > etc.
2. Gah. Sep 11, 2009, 12:27 Blackhawk

Forced, artificial diversity is more insulting to minorities than no diversity. Besides, in a century and a half, multiracial people will likely be more common than either white or (quoting the article), "people of color."  

News Comments > Violence and In-Game Ads
6. Re: Violence and In-Game Ads Sep 3, 2009, 15:06 Blackhawk

Violence makes people pay attention. If someone could figure out how to put ads on a train wreck, they'd make a fortune.  

News Comments > Bethesda Game Announcement Nears
8. Re: Bethesda Game Announcement Nears Aug 19, 2009, 23:46 Blackhawk

It'll be a new property. They've said they're not doing ESV yet, and I don't think it's been long enough for Fallout 4 (they usually wait longer between releases, plus they're still making money on 3.)  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Mothership Zeta Lands
32. Re: Fallout 3 Mothership Zeta Lands Aug 3, 2009, 19:23 Blackhawk

Just because there were flying saucer B-Movies in the 50's doesn't mean it fits in with the setting of the franchise.

No, it fits in with the franchise because there were crashed flying saucers and alien blasters in both Fallout and Fallout 2.

The setting, by the way, is best described as the future as people in the late 50s would have imagined it. Go back and watch some of the popular science shows from that era, shows about the cars of the future, the automated kitchen and so forth. If you'd found an educated science fiction fan in 1958 and said to him, "Imagine if there were an atomic war in 30 years. Tell me what you think the world would be like afterward", he'd likely describe something very, very much like Fallout.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Account SNAFUs
4. Re: World of Warcraft Account SNAFUs Jul 30, 2009, 21:43 Blackhawk

PaymentOne is basically PayPal for phishers. It exists primarily as a route via which various scams and schemes can charge the customers recurring fees without them noticing (they piggyback the payment on another regular bill, like a phone bill, where is just appears as an extra charge.) I had to deal with them when my ex-wife signed up for a service. They're anything but honest.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2009, 21:44.

News Comments > Raimi to Direct Warcraft
17. Re: Raimi to Direct Warcraft Jul 22, 2009, 10:58 Blackhawk

Setting can be a plus, but it isn't all that important. You could do Fiddler on the Roof or Ivanhoe word for word in the World of Warcraft setting. A good writer could do a fantastic story with nothing more than two humans and a Forsaken sitting in a tavern.

A good writer can do great things with any setting. A bad writer can't do anything with any setting. In neither case is the setting the determining factor.

News Comments > Raimi to Direct Warcraft
6. Re: Raimi to Direct Warcraft Jul 22, 2009, 10:27 Blackhawk

He'll be playing Leroy Jenkins.

Nah, that'll be Ted.

Leroy the Mighty.

News Comments > Curse Episodes for Half-Life 2
7. Re: Curse Episodes for Half-Life 2 Jun 12, 2009, 17:47 Blackhawk

Can't wait to kill some mummies and evil wizards.

Screw that. I can't wait to telekenetically break some expensive furniture. They should just make the game about that.

News Comments > TF2 Meet the Spy Video
19. Re: TF2 Meet the Spy Video May 17, 2009, 19:11 Blackhawk

What,isn't someone going to complain that there isn't supposed to be a keypad to get to the intel? How about that soldier video, where he has hand grenades? Snipers aren't supposed to pee in jars, and since when can they drive trucks. That engineer video - he had five sentries! Hacker!

On the other hand, we could just say that they take some poetic license with the videos.

361 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo