Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 354 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
15. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 13:34 Blackhawk

Baldur's Gate 2, 300 hours, $50. This should be worth $5, right? That makes Call of Duty titles, lessee here, about 65 cents?

A typical $60 game these days gives ~10-20 hours of gameplay. Sure, Skyrim breaks the mold, but the length of this game is typical.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 4, 2011, 22:19 Blackhawk

jimnms wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 20:25:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 18:56:
Wish there was a way that servers could filter out players over certain ranks. It sucks that I can't dedicate my life to this game and am only rank 8 and get my ass handed to me constantly by 35+ers out there.

Didn't BFBC2 servers have this feature? I didn't pick it up until it was on sale for $7.50 on Steam, and I'm pretty sure I remember playing on a noob friendly server that kicked high rank players.

There were several such servers, and they worked by mods actively booting those who were over the requisite level. There was also a fantastic little script that kept track of your explosives kills. Each kill earned you a point. Each kill with a non-explosive or vehicle kill with an explosive took away a point. Get too many points and you die. Get it again and you're auto-booted. Great way of dealing with ordnance spam while still making tactical use of explosives viable.

News Comments > New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM
7. Re: New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM Dec 3, 2011, 23:21 Blackhawk

The first DLC for Paper, Scissors, Stone: Reptile, Alien.  

News Comments > EverQuest Cheaters on Notice
6. Re: EverQuest Cheaters on Notice Dec 3, 2011, 12:13 Blackhawk

"There will be no second chances."

Then what, precisely, is this?

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
59. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 21:10 Blackhawk

You know, before I was going to avoid it because of the direction they took.

Now I'm going to avoid it because their idea PR is to talk to me like an arrogant, condescending dickhead.

Here's an alternative that works for everyone, Ubi:

We're tired of being treated like the crap you scraped off your shoe. You don't want the PC market anymore, and we don't want you.

Leave us alone, and make shelf space for something that hasn't been spit on.

News Comments > WoW Law Enforcement Guide Leaked?
11. Re: WoW Law Enforcement Guide Leaked? Nov 22, 2011, 00:48 Blackhawk

I've seen this type of document before, and I've written a few. This isn't so much an internal document as it is an educational document for law enforcement. They likely give these out to interested agencies saying, "Here is what we are, here is what we do, here is what we have, here is when we can give it to you."

An internal policy document wouldn't have to start by defining what a 'server' is in plain language.

News Comments > Stardock Titles on Steam
15. Re: Stardock Titles on Steam Nov 17, 2011, 08:45 Blackhawk

I'd love to transfer Sins and dump Impulse altogether.

Unfortunately, I doubt it is entirely Stardock's choice. They don't own Impulse anymore, and I'm sure that the sale contract to GameStop wouldn't include language allowing them to transfer property to their competitors. While Stardock owns the game, the original purchase was made through a service Stardock no longer owns.

I'll just wait for Christmas when the whole thing is on sale, buy it, and send Impulse to the recycle bin.

News Comments > Final Fantasy Action/RPG?
8. Re: Final Fantasy Action/RPG? Nov 16, 2011, 21:07 Blackhawk

deqer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:30:
though that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to stick to the same route in our next game,"
Yes! After all the time players spend learning a system; you go and change the system. Yes, players love when system changes. You ass twat.

Yeah, because it isn't like every single title in the series has had a completely different system...

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
14. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 22:57 Blackhawk

Anybody who has ever carried a high end tactical light can tell you that the effect was realistic. You can blind someone with those suckers from across a parking lot in broad daylight. We used to go up on the roof and shine the things on billboards more than a mile away.

On the other hand, it was an awful gameplay mechanic.

Realistic and fun don't always coincide.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans
12. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Nov 12, 2011, 17:02 Blackhawk

CommunistHamster wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 16:47:
destroys the cheap pavlovian impulse to continue playing - oh wait, that last one is important to gloss over gameplay flaws.

More of an operant conditioned impulse, but yes.

News Comments > On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans
5. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 13:09 Blackhawk

Oh, good. Another BI game that can erroneously think it is pirated and sabotage itself. At least this one doesn't wait until later when you're halfway through the campaign to tell you (Operation Flashpoint, I'm looking at you.)  

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
11. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 8, 2011, 00:03 Blackhawk

Icewind wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 23:05:
Blackhawk wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:44:
The horse armor was one of the first pieces of DLC to be released for the PC, back when it was still a new concept. They were experimenting, trying to figure out where the value/content line needed to be. They've admitted themselves that they were way, way off on a couple of the first pieces.

And here we are, in an era where it's now acceptable.

Had the horse armor come out today people would be smiling about it, buying it and bragging about buying it.

No, today the value of DLC has been established with hundreds of precedents. They could either put out horse armor for 99 cents, or they could put out a full priced piece of DLC comparable to the Fallout material they released.

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
3. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial" Nov 7, 2011, 22:44 Blackhawk

The horse armor was one of the first pieces of DLC to be released for the PC, back when it was still a new concept. They were experimenting, trying to figure out where the value/content line needed to be. They've admitted themselves that they were way, way off on a couple of the first pieces.  

News Comments > LEGO Universe to Close
7. Re: LEGO Universe to Close Nov 5, 2011, 02:07 Blackhawk

Lego Universe is targeted at kids the same age as my own. The very same kids who play Roblox, with 100 times the content, for free. My kids tried LU. It never drew them in - there was far to little freedom and actual building, and far to much running in circles hitting enemies. They played for two or three days, then went right back to Roblox.  

News Comments > Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive
1. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 2, 2011, 23:18 Blackhawk

Wow. Remember when demos were advertising the publishers begged us to see? Now we've gone and made them into perks we beg them for.  

News Comments > Gamer Food
11. Re: Gamer Food Nov 2, 2011, 15:35 Blackhawk

Trail mix with stimulants and imaginary 'performance enhancers' that cost a fortune and do absolutely nothing, wrapped in a condescending, insulting marketing scheme.

Just what I'm looking to spend my money on.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview
11. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview Oct 31, 2011, 22:42 Blackhawk

Ah. I was hoping for a single player campaign focused game.

Still, World of Mechs is better than no mechs at all.

News Comments > Origin Adds Publishers
3. Re: Origin Adds Publishers Oct 27, 2011, 21:49 Blackhawk

The fact that EA is one of the big players could prevent them from competing with Steam. As big as Valve is, they themselves rarely put out more than one or two games a year. EA is everybody's direct competition.  

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
19. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 25, 2011, 23:28 Blackhawk

Having spent an insane amount of time with all of the recent Elder Scrolls games (and the Fallout titles), I have to say I couldn't care less what the default textures are like. I won't be seeing much of them, anyway, just like the default UI and default (whatever.)  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
11. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 15:34 Blackhawk

Rosco wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 11:14:
Oh boy, another modern day cookie cutter combat game. Remember the good ol' days when everyone used to bitch about WWII shooters?

I miss those WWII shooters now.

Hear, hear. People bemoan one overused setting and we end up with another that's even more overdone. I'd wish they'd just alternate instead of 20 WWII games followed by 30 modern military games.

354 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo