Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 349 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
12. a Feb 21, 2012, 17:28 Blackhawk

Paintings of mechs that have been around for more than a quarter of a century isn't what I would really call 'concept art.'

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games
72. a Feb 20, 2012, 21:47 Blackhawk

Razumen wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 19:59:

Yeah, far be it from us to expect the co-founder and managing director of Valve to know the details of his own business.

We live in a society where even lawyers have to specialize in a narrow branch of the law to gain an even basic understanding of it. There is absolutely no reason to expect a 'managing director' to understand the thousands of subtle legal quirks related to a company. That's why corporations have packs of expensive attorneys - to tell the directors how things work when they have need of a specific piece of information.

News Comments > Day 1 Tease - New MechAssault?
4. a Feb 17, 2012, 11:28 Blackhawk

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 10:11:
What the fuck was that shit? What the fuck is with these mech devs not releasing real media of their games? In the words of Mr. Garrison they can just suck my balls.

They haven't even made an announcement yet. This is like complaining that an announcement of an upcoming trailer didn't include the trailer.

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
4. a Feb 10, 2012, 21:16 Blackhawk

Notice it will never happen again? That can't be guaranteed by any company, ever. Anything can be compromised.

News Comments > F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups
21. a Feb 7, 2012, 15:06 Blackhawk

There's nothing wrong with the way they're doing it. I was just hoping for something a little different.

I've gotten tired of twitch action multiplayer shooters. I was hoping for something where seeing an enemy meant fighting back and forth with them, as opposed to a contest over who has the quicker clicker.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:05.

News Comments > F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups
4. a Feb 6, 2012, 22:35 Blackhawk

I like the idea, and I like the look, but it looks a little too twitchy. It doesn't seem to have the lumbering, walking tank feel, or the careful maneuvering that mech games are known for. It looks almost like Quake with a cockpit.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
10. a Feb 3, 2012, 23:20 Blackhawk

Cookies!

News Comments > Skyrim Patch
11. a Feb 1, 2012, 18:11 Blackhawk

Yeah, the Steam Workshop sounds neat, but the previous few games' mod managers did a lot more than simply install and activate your plugins. Things like archive invalidation, load order, list resequencing and so forth will still need a utility.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:05.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Introduces German Aircraft
10. a Jan 20, 2012, 20:58 Blackhawk

I love World of Tanks, but I have no idea why it is referred to as an MMO. If it is an MMO, so is Call of Duty. It is a deathmatch/CTF game with a leveling mechanic.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
55. a Jan 3, 2012, 17:32 Blackhawk

People are getting too complex in their solutions. Invisible below level, level limit on opening, restricting the zone by level? Nah.

Just plop an on-level mob down near it with a relatively fast respawn.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
7. a Dec 19, 2011, 13:59 Blackhawk

<fear>

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:03.

News Comments > BF2143 Hinted?
8. a Dec 19, 2011, 10:43 Blackhawk

I hope they do. I'm so tired of modern military shooters. There aren't many multiplayer options with a decently sized community that aren't cookie-cutter military games.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2012, 09:03.

News Comments > On Skyrim DLC
13. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 11, 2011, 20:09 Blackhawk

I think he was talking about the roleplaying aspect, not just the combat. Playing a character with an ethical position (even if it is 'nothing unless I'm paid') is tougher than playing one who'll do anything and everything.  

News Comments > New STO Intro Trailer
3. Re: New STO Intro Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 22:52 Blackhawk

Overon wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 21:36:
When MMO's go from pay play to free to play aka pay to win, it's a bad sign. It's the slide to eventual oblivion.

Yes. It certainly resulted in the demise of LotRO.

Oh, wait. No it didn't.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming
22. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming Dec 7, 2011, 23:07 Blackhawk

Jerykk wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 22:42:
Maybe it's just an issue of what type of CPU you have, rather than just clock speed. I have a Core 2 Quad and the game runs like ass in the cities. The patch says it optimizes performance for Core 2 Duos, which is basically the same as a Core 2 Quad (minus 2 cores), so hopefully that will improve things.

~130 hours with a Core 2 Duo, 3.16 GHz and only had a slowdown in a couple of dungeons that had crazy numbers of lights, and then it only slowed down to ~15 FPS. Most of the time it runs ~40-60, and that was all pre-patch.

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
15. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 13:34 Blackhawk

Baldur's Gate 2, 300 hours, $50. This should be worth $5, right? That makes Call of Duty titles, lessee here, about 65 cents?

A typical $60 game these days gives ~10-20 hours of gameplay. Sure, Skyrim breaks the mold, but the length of this game is typical.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 4, 2011, 22:19 Blackhawk

jimnms wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 20:25:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 18:56:
Wish there was a way that servers could filter out players over certain ranks. It sucks that I can't dedicate my life to this game and am only rank 8 and get my ass handed to me constantly by 35+ers out there.

Didn't BFBC2 servers have this feature? I didn't pick it up until it was on sale for $7.50 on Steam, and I'm pretty sure I remember playing on a noob friendly server that kicked high rank players.

There were several such servers, and they worked by mods actively booting those who were over the requisite level. There was also a fantastic little script that kept track of your explosives kills. Each kill earned you a point. Each kill with a non-explosive or vehicle kill with an explosive took away a point. Get too many points and you die. Get it again and you're auto-booted. Great way of dealing with ordnance spam while still making tactical use of explosives viable.

News Comments > New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM
7. Re: New EA/BioWare/LucasArts TM Dec 3, 2011, 23:21 Blackhawk

The first DLC for Paper, Scissors, Stone: Reptile, Alien.  

News Comments > EverQuest Cheaters on Notice
6. Re: EverQuest Cheaters on Notice Dec 3, 2011, 12:13 Blackhawk

"There will be no second chances."

Then what, precisely, is this?

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
59. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 21:10 Blackhawk

You know, before I was going to avoid it because of the direction they took.

Now I'm going to avoid it because their idea PR is to talk to me like an arrogant, condescending dickhead.

Here's an alternative that works for everyone, Ubi:

We're tired of being treated like the crap you scraped off your shoe. You don't want the PC market anymore, and we don't want you.

Leave us alone, and make shelf space for something that hasn't been spit on.

349 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo