Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt Bennett

Real Name Matt Bennett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyB
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.clublupo.co.uk
Signed On Feb 1, 2003, 00:09
Total Comments 62 (Suspect)
User ID 16016

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 13:13 MattyB

Parias wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:57:
No word on proper DK2 support yet? I was hoping they'd get it in for Beta 2...

Seconded. It's one of the best DK2 experiences, but desperately needs updating to the latest SDK.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR
8. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR Jun 26, 2014, 14:50 MattyB

I'm not fussed about trading with strangers, but would love to be able to trade items with clan mates.

My mate has a couple of pieces of my set that he doesn't want, and I can't get at them

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
3. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 12:21 MattyB

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 12:03:
Can two users share a library and both play at the same time?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

That makes it totally worthless.

Yup. I can understand making the particular game unavailable, but the whole library?*

*(assuming I'm understanding this correctly)

News Comments > Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month
13. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 11, 2013, 12:56 MattyB

I enjoyed this on the 360 immensely.

The actual gameplay was so-so, but the level designs were great and most of all, the voice acting and chemistry between Monkey and Trip was excellent.

Definately pick this one up.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
20. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 16:06 MattyB

Well sh*t me. Never thought I'd see it.

If they put proper builds in again, we might actually have a "proper" Diablo*

*(I'm aware this will never happen)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 26, 2013, 13:50 MattyB

For me, she'll always be Bastila from KotOR - great game made even better by performances like hers.

Still, interesting point about celebrities in games - as much as I enjoyed the quality in games like Mass Effect, having a well known celebrity play a game character makes it difficult for me not to visualise that actor when I hear their voice, breaking the immersion somewhat.

Maybe that's just me.

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
6. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 11, 2013, 16:10 MattyB

Verno wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 14:59:
I think the kind of fundamental changes people are looking for will only come in an expansion. There's one scheduled for 2014 in that leaked Blizzard thing from last year. Diablo 2 was solid but nowhere near the classic it is considered these days until LOD arrived. I still have some hope.

I'm not sure how.

I'll just quote from the thread on my feelings:

"Until the developers acknowledge the real, core, fundamental problems with the game (itemization, no character customization, no random'ness or open'ness in the world, etc.) then this is just wasted effort"

For me, PoE doesn't touch D3 for quality, but the mechanics are far, far superior. The build variation alone has me wanting to start 3 variations on the same class already.

News Comments > BioWare Founders Retire
8. Re: BioWare Founders Retire Sep 18, 2012, 19:32 MattyB

Julio wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 19:03:
Guess they're not big believers in DA3 either.

I did think this was oddly timed with the DA3 announcement.

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
2. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 15:30 MattyB

I don't play anymore, but still sad to hear. I imported this into the UK and played on the US servers when it was first released early 2004 - had many, many enjoyable hours on it. Great fun doing the "Task Force" missions, which went on for hours, but loved it.

Heck, I had hours of enjoyment from the character creator alone !

News Comments > etc., etc.
19. Re: etc., etc. Jun 7, 2012, 07:03 MattyB

Prez wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 04:15:
If, hypothetically, you end up selling 3 times as many at $30 as compared to what you sell at $60, does it really matter if you aren't getting what you personally believe your property is worth? Bottom line - your revenues are higher. As it is, I think developers get too emotionally involved with correlating asking price with how hard they worked on a game. It should simply be a matter of economics; if market data says you have the real potential to make more money at a lower asking price, then the decision is an easy one. The ultimate goal is make a return on that investment of that time, talent, and money after all.

You should be head of Origin, then maybe I'd feel more inclined to actually buy from there.

This hits the nail on the head, and I'm under the impression that Valve has already proven this point, and it's undoubtably why Steam continue to do this. And surely they have to get the consent of the developers to discount their games anyway? If it didn't work, neither Valve or the developers of the game on sale would agree.

He's an article from Penny Arcade that understands that, although it seems that GoG feel the same way as the EA goons:
Penny Arcade article clicky

And anyway, people tend to wait for the sales if the game isn't that great - if you've done your job right and created a triple-A title, people will buy it at full price. End of.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 17:07 MattyB

Stop thinking you're a producer and telling us when and where we should be building our content

Wow.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Hits 1 Million Downloads; Free DLC
8. Re: Dungeon Defenders Hits 1 Million Downloads; Free DLC Feb 15, 2012, 12:07 MattyB

I've stopped playing online with strangers - they're either:

a) Idiots or
b) morons

It is fun with a friend however.

The downside from the mechanics aspect is that it rewards min-maxxing, we've found that the best strategy is to have a tower-based character (Apprentice/Squire) to build decent defence, then switch to a DPS-specced class (Huntress) to provide support fire.

And in nightmare, you can forget being a melee class with those spiders...

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 26, 2011, 13:27 MattyB

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 12:04:
Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 12:00:
And it's why for most of us for most games...no demo, no sale.

I certainty wouldn't have rushed out and preordered DXHR without it's "demo" and the hugely positive feedback it generated.

I think demos say alot about how confident the dev team are about their game too. A game which is hyped, but poor, will only suffer by the release of a demo.

A good game, however, regardless of hype, will only ever benefit, as people who were on the fence will normally be encouraged by the demo.

Of course, I think the main issue is time, as mentioned.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
15. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 13:00 MattyB

Krovven wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 12:57:
Release date? Steamworks?

Will be interested to see when they get this one out the door - regardless the recent press, I'm still a day-one purchase of D3, so unless this comes out a couple of weeks before, it won't get a look in until I'm burnt out on D3.

But if they can ship it a few weeks before D3, I'll be getting it - I assume this will be the same for others, so I'm expecting to see this sooner rather than later...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 14:30 MattyB

Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 12:55:
I disagree with vernos odd psychological argument but he's right that the superior input of pcs ruining the level balanced ground of xbl being a key cause.

Didn't a developer say that when they tested cross-platform multiplayer for whatever title it was they had, that even 'bad' PC Gamers were still walking all over 'good' console players and it was rediculously imbalanced?

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Delayed
1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Delayed May 4, 2011, 19:20 MattyB

I'm ok with that - I should be burned out on Diablo3 by then....  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 7, 2011, 18:40 MattyB

Its fan art, he doesn't work for Bioware.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Gold
12. Re: Dragon Age 2 Gold Feb 12, 2011, 08:21 MattyB

Already reviewed by PC Gamer, giving 94%

"The best RPG combat ever. Not gaming's best story, but maybe it's best storytelling. Darker, sexier, better "

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs
26. Re: Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 11:46 MattyB

The fact is that many, many 'people' (and when I say people, I'm generalising with console owning kids) bought the game based on the boob/gore content, then complained it had too much talking, difficult combat and that it required pausing.

In other words, it required the use of a brain. Thats bad.

So they're trying to find the middle ground, and there's a saying that goes along the lines of "Jack of all trades, master of none". I refuse to believe you can make the two combat modes shown in that video work equally.

Any turn on FF Of course its easy when you've got a Mage AoE'ing the place down.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2010, 15:20 MattyB

Gymper wrote on Dec 26, 2010, 14:44:
DA:O - Do I have to reinstall DA:O Ultimate if I already have DA:O installed? What then, move save games?

Steam is currently downloading 24GB (!) for a seperate title in my library called "Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition" despite already having "Dragon Age Origins" installed and ready.

I'm *guessing* that you can just register your new keys on Bioware Social, and let you original Dragon Age update as you log in...but I thought I'd just let it do its thing...still playing through Just Cause 2 and BC2:Vietnam anyway!

62 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo