Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Asmodai

Real Name Asmodai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 16:07
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 16012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ultima X?
21. Ultima X - Who Cares???? May 3, 2003, 18:05 Asmodai

Funny, I would have thought they might have gotten around to patching Ultima 9.

I tried to play that turkey for 2 years through a number of upgrades in processor and graphics and it was 100% unplayable.

I loaded it up recently on my PIV2.53 with 9700pro and it was still chuggy.

If this is the quality of FPS/3rdPS we expect from Origin, forget about it being playable.

And forget about support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Freelancer Demo
77. Rationalisation Feb 22, 2003, 08:55 Asmodai

I would just like to commend the brave souls who use the issue of this release as their justification to warez the iso. Couldn't just come out and say 'hey, i'm going to steal that', you had to hide behind someone giving an exclusive demo?????

Apparently everyone has big brassy balls when their tapping on their keyboard, but you spineless gits won't even anonymously announce your impeding pirating without trying to justify it somehow.

*whinge whinge whinge* Microsoft has screwed me *boo hoo hoo* Digital Anvil have taken to long *waaah waaah waaah* fileplanet expects me to pay for premium service....

we all know your ripping it off because your TOO FUCKING CHEAP or TOO FUCKING UNEMPLOYED to purchase the game, so don't waste my time (and everyone else with half a brain cell on this forum) with cheap excuses.

News Comments > Tech Bits
19. Re: Death to Floppies? Feb 11, 2003, 09:17 Asmodai

Nah, even our latest P4 pc's don't have USB boot as an option. Network boot/CD/Floppy/HDD and strangely enough Zip disk (who woulda thunk it??)

Dunno, will see in the coming months.

17. Basic Math Feb 11, 2003, 09:14 Asmodai

This is how it works.

You take a card that barely beats the current ATI flagship (NV).

Stuff the design so badly it's delayed... alot(5 months).

Tack on the most ridiculous cooling system you can image (58 odd decibels of noise).

Add to that the back of the card gets to hot to TOUCH?!? (hot air blowing straight into your CPU).

Lie about the memory to make your product seem bigger (with 256 bit mem, Radeon 9700's actually have more bandwidth than an FX if measured under the same standard).

Virtually guarantee that your arch-nemisis (ATI) could delay their next release for ages just to soak the market with 9700's, which are still the buyers pick. Damn, even SIS could prolly sell some of their Xabres or whatever the hell they are...

THEN TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS "AW HECK, WE CAN'T MAKE ENOUGH OF THEM, SO THE ONE'S YOU'LL GET ARE 20% MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A RADEON 9700 AND ARE A LIMITED RUN NEVER TO BE REPEATED.

If at the end of my little spiel you still decide "ya just gotsta have one of dem dere purty vid cards", then you can't bitch that you weren't warned.

This has been a "My humble opinion grew up and became a fricken monster" production.

Asmodai

16. Death to Floppies? Feb 6, 2003, 22:51 Asmodai

While there is an increasing amount of legacy support for USB (the ability to use USB keyboards in DOS etc), I can't find any reference to the ability to use flash USB keys as a boot device. In my job, I daily use about 7 different floppy discs, some with DOS based system analysis tools, some for sysprep/riprep PC installations, and some just to fdisk/format that hard to get at partition. To replace these with bootable CDR is not feasible, and until flash devices are supported as a boot device, I cannot get rid of the floppy drives.

It's nice to hear Dell pushing a progressive stance, but if they are going to promote legacy free, then they should engineer so that legacy devices AREN'T ACTUALLY NECESSARY

News Comments > etc.
3. Final Post and Goodbye Jan 31, 2003, 11:15 Asmodai

If anyone is under the mistaken impression that the online community doesn't care, I strongly suggest you go have a look at the Final Post and Goodbye from Richard Harvey.

I don't generally find myself feeling strongly about these things, but the stoic determination of Richard's post and the overwhelming support of the community he helped to build would warm the coldest heart and bring a tear to any eye.

To read the outpouring of kindness renews my faith that we can be better than we think possible, and that there may indeed be hope for us yet.

For what it's worth, I hope Richard does find his place in the skies that he loved so much,
Asmodai

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo