Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bingo

Real Name Bingo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 15:40
Total Comments 73 (Suspect)
User ID 16011

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide on May 20
70. Re: Wipes May 7, 2003, 10:41 Bingo

If you want to play games where cheaters are actively banned from playing the game, where the software is continualy optimised and new content is added to the game from time to time, then you have to pay for it. No BS, just Simple economics.

Erm no you don't Flashpoint is always updated so is C&CGenerals, we have Pandora 1.04 for MOH we have Punkbuster for RTCW all free!

You then said
Thats my point - you pay $9 for event that lasts 90 minutes. $10+ to an MMORPG gets you an unlimited amount

No I pay 34.99 for MOH, BF1942, RTCW, OFP all of which I still play now, I pay $15 for music CD's all of which I can listen to anytime I like without having to pay the recording studio a subscription. Sorry but your case is weak, flawed and your examples are not even factual. Face the facts, the subscription is to line the publishers pockets and it's people like you that encourage them to do so. If we all told them to stick it up their asses and also avoided game publishers with feeble support then maybe the gaming industry would get of it's lazy ass and start producing a service thats value for money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

62. Re: Wipes May 6, 2003, 16:40 Bingo

You quote $9 to see a movie, weak comparisome as movies are one off events, planetside is a monthly subscription and if I go to movies once a month its not to see the same move. Same for video rental.

$15 for a CD, yes but you get the keep it and listen to it forever, u don't have to pay $15 every month just to hear it. Same for the paperback book.

I also do not count patches and support as additional services, I would class them as standard services. Cheat free gaming LMAO, are u from this planet?

I think you need to wake and and see that what you are paying for is total and utter BS.

59. Re: Wipes May 6, 2003, 13:23 Bingo

Entertain you for a month???? Are you nuts? I have been playing MOHAA on-line since it came out, its class on the clan scene, no 2 battles are the same. And BF1942 is just amazing on-line especially http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com/ its like a MMOFPS but without the stupid subscription.

50. Re: No subject May 6, 2003, 06:53 Bingo

So there u have it, the vast majority seem to think that once you buy your game in the shop you should not have to pay extra money just to play the damn thing when you get home. 9.99 a month is not much, only 119.88 a year + the 34.99 for the game 154.87. For this money u can buy a ATi9500Pro or an X-Box or a PS2 and have change in your pocket for a night out at the movies with your bitch. I know what I would rather do!

11. Re: goal of the game... May 5, 2003, 18:37 Bingo

I don't care how good it is, I will NEVER pay a monthly subscription to play a game and I can easily afford to do so. It's total greed by the software company and I really hope it's another MMORPG flop!

News Comments > MoH Allied Assault Breakthrough
18. Re: Taskmaster... Apr 23, 2003, 05:27 Bingo

I was going to write a long reply about how bad the support for MOHAA has become and how it's plagued with cheats and that EA have done nothing to fix this. Then I realised "WHY SHOULD THEY" I mean the game is fine it's just that people have hacked it, thats hardly EA's fault. I think we the community could do more to protect our games, someone somewhere knows who the hackers are, they are bound to brag about it:

" snivvle, snivvle...hey I just hacked a cool cheat into MOh, and it only took me a nano second because I am such a sad bastard...snivvle, snivvle"

I can honestly say that I would inflict GBH on anyone I found to be hacking games and this is costing me pleasure which I would have to extract from the said nerds face with my boot. So I appeal to you all to kick seven shades of excrement out of anyone that hacks games

News Comments > Galaxies May Open Beta in May
21. Re: Back to the Topic... Apr 21, 2003, 04:45 Bingo

Can't believe people will pay a monthly fee to play a game ROFL (cue Donkey noise)!

News Comments > Postal 2 Demo
87. No subject Apr 13, 2003, 06:25 Bingo

Well the thing is it has been proven that certain computer games have an adverse effect on certain individuals, look at the school massacres in the US. I am not saying that computer games were the sole factor in people going on a killing spree but you have to admit that they played a large role and certainly influenced people.

The majority of people can play any game no matter how sick it may be and it will not have any kind of effect on their stability. A minority of people are influenced to copy the actions they play on a repetative basis in a computer game, the more realistc the actions then the more likley they are to carry it out. Postal 2 reflects murder and perversions in a pretty average society, shops, churches, bars etc

Do I think that some loon somewhere will inflict injury or death on another human or animal after playing long sessions of postal 2? Yes I do, and when it does happen the idiots that programmed this game will have blood on their hands.

News Comments > Postal 2 Demo
26. Re: Random thoughts: Apr 11, 2003, 21:23 Bingo

ohh I get to piss on people and shoot civvies then burn their corpses while on-lookers vomit!!

Sounds to me like the programmers need some help and anyone enjoying this ransid pile of horse dung should ask themselves why?

I ain't played it, nor will I, this game has just gone too far IMO, no need for it at all.

News Comments > NVID-EA
51. No subject Apr 11, 2003, 05:58 Bingo

Won't bother me, I am still buying a 9800pro when they hit the shelves, EA are not stupid enough to make a game that will only work on a Nvidia card so why worry.

I have had Nvidia cards since they first came out but now ATi seem to make the better card, so I am buying, simple as that.

News Comments > Motor City Offline
35. Re: #13 response Feb 26, 2003, 19:12 Bingo

I tell ya why it did not work, because there are plenty of sane people like me that will NEVER pay subscription charges to play a game I already paid 30 to play. I hope they all fail!

News Comments > Sims Superstar Announced
1. Get a freaking life Feb 13, 2003, 09:50 Bingo

You sim fans need to get out more me thinks.

News Comments > Tech Bits
2. Re: Gainward to launch ultra quiet FX Ultra Jan 31, 2003, 10:47 Bingo

Well I own a Gainward GF2MX and it's been a great card, gainward are certainly the people I would have been buying my FX from thats for sure. Notice I said "Would have" thats because I am not buying one, after reading all the reviews and listening to the hype, my new system which I will be ordering next week will be fitted with a 9700 Pro, it's over 150 cheaper and is on a par for performance.

As long as I have a hole in my ass I will never pay 449 for a graphics card, i don't care who makes it or how quiet it is. And it's not that I can't afford to buy one either, it's the principal of the matter. Are gainward on the same planet as the rest of us?

73 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo