Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
50. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 17, 2012, 10:48 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 16:43:
I'm glad these challengers to the Steam monopoly are coming around
I would not even call these challengers.

EA strong arming you and only letting you get digital version from their service and this thing from Ubi (insane DRM aside) is not even on par with Stem.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Space 3 February Dates Narrowed
4. Re: Dead Space 3 February Dates Narrowed Aug 14, 2012, 15:11 necrosis

Frijoles wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 11:59:
Day 1 purchase if they don't include Origin. I know, wishful thinking.
People would dare to day 1 this after their pathetic release of the first game on PC?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 13, 2012, 21:29 necrosis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 20:56:
As I understand it, he won't be arrested, but he can still be tried and convicted. From the article:

Mr Boonsong faces a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht fine if convicted.

So, not only would he have to pay the 20K baht ($636) but he'd also have to do 10 years in a Thai prison, which is no cakewalk. And that's IF they determine it was accidental. If it is premeditated he could get the death penalty. By firearm. Apparently they shoot until dead, as many bullets as it takes.
And they do the same thing if you insult their king!

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins
11. Re: Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins Aug 9, 2012, 09:33 necrosis

nope.jpg  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2012, 12:20 necrosis

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:26:
We have Five Guys all over VA, and they're excellent. There's a trendy Washington DC burger place run by some chef who was on one of those reality cooking shows, but in my experience it's about the same quality for a higher price. Anyway, Five Guys (around here at least) is only a little pricier than McDonald's, and you actually get something delicious for a change.
Near me (Towson, MD) there is a Five Guys right next to a McDonald's. Across the street from a Burger King too.

News Comments > Final Fantasy VII PC Released and Pulled
3. Re: Final Fantasy VII PC Released and Pulled Aug 6, 2012, 11:06 necrosis

LOL DRM  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 11:11 necrosis

Dades wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 11:06:
What's wrong with that? They gave out a bunch of free content already and it's a singleplayer story campaign DLC.
Ahh so people like me who don't give a flying shit about MP get to pay for the MP content via the SP content. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Why not spread the cost out among ALL the DLC.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced
1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 11:02 necrosis

Ahh so MP is free put SP we have to pay.

What kind of bullshit is that?

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked
8. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 10:30 necrosis

Techie714 © wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 23:51:
I've read before that all DLC is multi-player map packs only. No single player content is scheduled for release.
Thanks for this info. Saved me some DLC money.

News Comments > GNU Guru: Linux Steam "Unethical"
8. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 11:04 necrosis

So he would rather have no Steam on Linux than Steam with DRM (which by the way is not Valves doing but the publishers of the games).

Yeah that makes perfect sense.

I suppose that availability of popular nonfree programs on GNU/Linux can boost adoption of the system. However, our goal goes beyond making this system a “success”; its purpose is to bring freedom to the users. Thus, the question is how this development affects users' freedom.
***ANY*** programs that are mainstream on Linux will boost adoption of the system. You have to take the good with the bad if you want to see Linux get more market share. Linux as a desktop OS is worse off than Apple before Jobs came back.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
27. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 23:16 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 03:57:
30 days of exclusivity doesn't mean the DLC launched on PC on day 31. The whole internet seems to think that's the case, but it never is. It will come soon I am sure, and there is no reason for them to detail everything to the media on day 31.
But you would expect them to say SOMETHING by now and so far not a peep.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
18. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 29, 2012, 23:14 necrosis

Genesys wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 19:11:
I have avoided this whole problem by mirroring EVERYTHING. Drives are cheap. Mirror two SSDs for a boot drive, and two huge HDDs for your other data.
Mirroring your boot drive is the stupidest thing to do if your forking over the money for a SSD. Your OS is expendable. So you want to STRIPE those SSD's for boot speed.

Saving DATA to a mirrored set (moving all the user folders to this array is the best idea, you have to do it on OS install using a unattended method though.) is a good idea.

Or do what I do. Two SATA III SSD's striped for OS. Two Raptors striped for Users and game installs. Backup to a 30TB NAS which is in 3 volumes (one raid6, other two raid5).

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Jul 29, 2012, 23:06 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 22:24:
Just because a game is best played with a non-M&KB setup does not make it a bad port. Devil May Cry 4 and Street Figher 4 are great ports but they aren't best played with M&KB because of their respective genres.
True. But personally I would NEVER buy a fighting game on PC just like I will NEVER buy a FPS on console. DMC is also another game I would never buy on a PC.

Actually these are bad examples. I would never by a Capcom game on PC after the chance I took with Resident Evil 4.

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Jul 29, 2012, 22:19 necrosis

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 19:35:
I HIGHLY disagree. There are several games that are just easier with a controller then a mouse/keyboard, and are enhanced ports of the original. Mirror's Edge, Batman AA and AC, Assassin's Creed series.
Your opinion. I can go with that.

But for me I played all those games with M&K with no issues. Will always take K&M over a controller any day. Lack of proper support for what I would call the default input method is just total bullshit. Imagine a console racer offering sub par controller support because they only really made the game for a wheel?

The worst crap is these games are now **ONLY** supporting the the 360 controller out of the box. Some of them **ONLY** supporting the wired version to boot! Now this is complete crap. I have a Playstation 3 to USB adapter I use to play FFXI (its K&M support is for the birds) I am not about to buy ANOTHER controller.

The other problem is these review places only review the game when I think the game experience should be reviewed. That's from purchasing the game to the ending credits. Meaning broken installers (Fallout 3 DLC) and specifically DRM should be factored in. Ubi's games would get 3 stars yanked for DRM alone. Another one star because they refuse to support 16:10 properly. That's before even getting to the first gameplay segment.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 28, 2012, 10:14 necrosis

Veterator wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 06:48:
I mean I guess the guys are getting people to buy extra copies for the additional stuff, but how many are they losing out on because they make it too complicated to just buy the game at your favorite retailer with the parts/extras you want.
Here is the problem. Even if you have the money to do this and want to do this you usually can not use all the extra crap on the same play through.

Everything is wrapped around serials and game accounts which sometimes do not let you register more than one thing.

Granted it does happen. I bought both the CE and SE of FFXIV and was able to get both items. Funny thing is I have played it for all of ahh, 4 hours since launch.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix
2. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix Jul 25, 2012, 12:25 necrosis

I think that note about the bug has been there since the last survey.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 11:13 necrosis

Einstein, 57 years after his death and we are still proving his theories correct.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 18, 2012, 23:45 necrosis

ChopperDan wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 22:21:
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean includes proper address randomisation.

I'm pretty sure that's spelled "randomization".
Just saying..
Do you spell laser with a 'z'?

News Comments > UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year
15. Re: UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year Jul 13, 2012, 09:07 necrosis

Is this some kind of joke? THIS is the PC exclusive Epic is bringing us?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans
33. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans Jul 10, 2012, 20:11 necrosis

TheEmissary wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:20:
I totally agree with you there. Stop giving Uwe Boll and people of the same mindset access to game IP. Haven't we suffered through enough really horrible game movies such as Mario, Wing Commander, Street Fighter, Far Cry, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Max Payne, and battleship. The list goes on.

If you are going to do a film based on a movie you better understand the source material.
Mortal Kombat and you don't list Tomb Raider?

First MK was actually good IMHO. Hell DOOM was better than the others you listed.

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo