Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption
8. Re: Feb 26, 2011, 21:48 necrosis

Vigil wrote on Feb 26, 2011, 18:20:
You got me excited there, and then I clicked through and discovered it's only on Microsoft's Windows platform.
This is a... surprise?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Screenshots Live
9. Re: Steam Screenshots Live Feb 25, 2011, 09:02 necrosis

reisub wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 07:53:
Finally I can hit F12 instead of Print Screen.
Eh? I would rather it be print screen because well... its a PRINT SCREEN key.

This ranks up there with games not using the pause key to, you know, PAUSE.

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
47. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 24, 2011, 08:49 necrosis

Not to mention the game is stuck in 16:9 screen even if you have a 16:10 monitor.

AKA: Its letterboxed.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
9. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Feb 23, 2011, 20:24 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 18:39:
Profit escaped the island (somehow) but was infected with alien DNA (somehow) and the first Crysis mission on the island was all master planed by this guy Jacob Hargreave who (somehow) knew about the existence of the aliens before anyone else. Now you have to kill him because he's a bad dude.
Many thanks for the "TL;DR" version.

Thing sounds like the original writing of the "story" did not take into account a possible sequel so they had to throw this trash together.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus
66. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 15:35 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 15:23:
necrosis wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 15:20:
necrosis wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 15:17:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 15:14:
necrosis wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 15:05:
Im holding off to see if they are going to pitch a bitch over widescreen gaming calling it a "unfair advantage" again.

You can widescreen just fine with Bad Company 2 it even supports Eyefinity and you can adjust the FOV setting something ridiculous like 110 or so.

As for the price, it was $49.95 for the PC version the first few weeks when it was announced, instant pre-order. The DLC thing sucks but at least they're offering it for free to people who pre-order unlike the crap they're pulling with Bullitstorm and what EA did with Medal of Honor's "Hotzone" $10 DLC add-on a month after release.
FOV of 110 is ridiculous? LOL.

~100 (its not EXACTLY 100 but most games you can't specify .0 for FOV) is what you should be setting for 16:10 displays. 90 for 4:3. Ridiculous is more like 150 unless your doing that silly eyefinity crap.

It is because DICE doesn't do the FOV calculation the way other games do.

Usually in FPS games where this is configurable, you adjust the horizontal field of view so you can see more to the left and right. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 uses vertical FOV instead

believe me 110 makes the game so fisheyed it looks like you're going warp factor five through the maps.
Not surprising they went and did something silly like that. I googled the quote and found the calculator. Will have to hold onto that incase I get B3.

Tho PB banning in online games will have to wait till launch most likely.

News Comments > UDK Royalty Threshold Raised
7. Re: UDK Royalty Threshold Raised Feb 23, 2011, 15:23 necrosis

The group of Epic people that handle the UDK must be completely different from the group that create games. Why? Because they don't seam to be royal dicks.  

63. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 15:21 necrosis

Dammit wrong button and I can't delete.  

62. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 15:20 necrosis

necrosis wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 15:17:
Im holding off to see if they are going to pitch a bitch over widescreen gaming calling it a "unfair advantage" again.

You can widescreen just fine with Bad Company 2 it even supports Eyefinity and you can adjust the FOV setting something ridiculous like 110 or so.

As for the price, it was $49.95 for the PC version the first few weeks when it was announced, instant pre-order. The DLC thing sucks but at least they're offering it for free to people who pre-order unlike the crap they're pulling with Bullitstorm and what EA did with Medal of Honor's "Hotzone" $10 DLC add-on a month after release.

~100 (its not EXACTLY 100 but most games you can't specify .0 for FOV) is what you should be setting for 16:10 displays. 90 for 4:3. Ridiculous is more like 150 unless your doing that silly eyefinity crap.

60. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 15:17 necrosis

~100 is what you should be setting for 16:10 displays. Ridiculous is more like 150 unless your doing that silly eyefinity crap.

57. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 15:05 necrosis

I remember seeing reports of PB kicking people with non standard (non 4:3) resolutions in Battlefield 2142. You could 16:10 in SP but if you logged into any protected server you got the boot.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2011, 15:13.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
92. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 23, 2011, 14:27 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 22:09:
necrosis wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 19:59:
Then you obviously prefer consoles over PC games and under the age of 20. Yeah its a stereotype but most people under that age I talk to say there is nothing wrong with the current flood of piss poor console ports coming to PC.

Instead of making shit up to try and annoy me why don't you do as entr0py said and list something other than animation speed and camera control that is different about the combat. Your original post just moans about the menus and HUD (which honestly seemed very PC to me but whatever). If the gameplay is sooooo different tell us why.

'Cause right now the 10% of people still bitching about this game just seem like fuddy-duddys who are completely thrown and baffled by the fast-paced combat, even though it is still very much tactical, party-based and PC-friendly.
The menus seamed very PC? When I went in to change tactics the first thing I did was click on the middle of the tactics setting name... nothing happened. I clicked again... WTF? Ohhh! Its now a little arrow you have to click on to move back and forth. That's a selection method that works for consoles NOT PC's. I expected a drop down menu like EVERYTHING ELSE PC related.

As for the HUD its insanely bland and bare basic text boxes. Have you even played DA:O? NWN? Baldur's Gate? Where are the stylized windows? Where is the flare? You think "very PC" is bland square boxes? Its like they put very little effort into the game.

Granted this is one example but I could not stomach the game long enough to find others.

News Comments > DRM Change for AC Brotherhood
11. Re: DRM Change for AC Brotherhood Feb 22, 2011, 21:09 necrosis

durandal wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 20:55:
Thank you Blue. I just read this news here and decided to buy this game. It's already in my steam library.
The always-on DRM was the only thing kept me from going for previous Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell:Conviction, even when they were on sale for $15.
I never used steam on offline mode so essentially it's the same for me.
Thank you for making our uphill battle against this sort of DRM even harder.

49. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 20:56 necrosis

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 20:17:
necrosis wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 19:59:
Then you obviously prefer consoles over PC games and under the age of 20. Yeah its a stereotype but most people under that age I talk to say there is nothing wrong with the current flood of piss poor console ports coming to PC.
That's probably because the current generation of gamers didn't have that period we did. Where a game was carried by it's story, and/or how far you could actually push technology with things like...sprites. Or how good the scripting was on the 'basic' AI.

Or doing things like...modifying memory spaces to load drivers. hah.
LOL. Yes I will agree there are things I DON'T miss. Ugh... autoexec.bat and getting sound cards to work.

But I do miss when story and feel ran games instead of edgy, fast paced, over the top crap that today's console drones gobble up like a poor man at an all-you-can eat buffet.

44. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 19:59 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 19:52:
necrosis wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 18:46:
I just... can not even fathom how anyone can consider this is BETTER. Everything about it feels like they are insulting my intelligence. That they feel they had to make dumb things down for their player base.

This is the reason PC gaming is dieing. I don't give a shit what the numbers say.

It's the same game, just faster. I really don't see how anyone could see some huge difference between the two.

News Comments > DRM Change for AC Brotherhood
2. Re: DRM Change for AC Brotherhood Feb 22, 2011, 19:55 necrosis

Better? How the hell is this better? You still fucking have to have a connection EVERY TIME YOU START! Anyone who thinks otherwise are people that let this kind of thing go and stop protesting it. Developers and publishers think its OK. It isn't.

I am thankful that this info is out. More money in my pocket.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Includes DLC
10. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Includes DLC Feb 22, 2011, 19:49 necrosis

Yeah as much as I want to play this I'm not touching it till the DRM news gets out.  

40. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 19:33 necrosis

Nomaar wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 19:04:

This is the reason PC gaming is dieing. I don't give a shit what the numbers say.

This is the natural course game franchises take once the big public companies get their paws on them. PC gaming is alive and well if you look beyond the EAs and pay attention to what the independents are doing.
True but it sucks when something was good but gets run into the ground.

36. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 18:46 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 18:27:
necrosis wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 18:23:
Wow this game is dumbed down. Even the menu's are. This game has completely lost all its style and flare that the first one had. Everything is reduced to generic square boxes. Popups, inventory, the hot bar, character status boxes, everything.

And do not even get me started on the Mass Effect style chat decisions.

Uninstalling the demo before I even finish it...

Complete opposite reaction here, it's the same game but even better.

That said DX11 seems to be completely broken for me.
I just... can not even fathom how anyone can consider this is BETTER. Everything about it feels like they are insulting my intelligence. That they feel they had to make dumb things down for their player base.

30. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 18:23 necrosis

Wow this game is dumbed down. Even the menu's are. This game has completely lost all its style and flare that the first one had. Everything is reduced to generic square boxes. Popups, inventory, the hot bar, character status boxes, everything.

And do not even get me started on the Mass Effect style chat decisions.

Uninstalling the demo before I even finish it...

News Comments > Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans
24. Re: Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans Feb 22, 2011, 16:29 necrosis

PropheT wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 16:08:
necrosis wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 15:49:
The game is already taking a blasting: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bulletstorm

...it's averaging an 88 there. Your definition of blasting must be different than most
And anyone who takes the word of reviewers out there is a damned fool.

HINT: I was referring to the user score.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo