Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 1999 (Pro)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming
18. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 20:42 necrosis

Icewind wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 17:38:
Next you're going to tell me EA didn't remove their games from steam to bump up sales of them on Origin. Of course, EA paid for that and had to re-up them on steam to placate the masses.
Actually no. EA did not remove them. Valve booted them off because then ran against the new ToS for putting games on Steam. Which was if you offer DLC for a game that is on Steam you MUST also offer the DLC on Steam. EA only offered the DLC via ingame purchased/Origin.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
31. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 7, 2012, 00:49 necrosis

Halo has left a bad taste in my mouth since the first, and made worse with the second. Why? The insane hype for such a subpar game.

The first time I played Halo it felt like the DOOM clones from 5 years prior. Stupidly bland maps that were copy and pasted. Halo 2 was more of the same. Yet people flipped their everloving shits over the game like it was the best thing since sex. It just infuriated me that people held this piece of crap game so high when PC FPS's were lightyears ahead.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Microtransactions?
4. Re: Assassin's Creed III Microtransactions? Oct 30, 2012, 12:04 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 21:59:
nin wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 21:37:
Could never get into these, despite trying several times. Not bad (heck, I love the concept) but something else always ended up grabbing my attention away.

<Looks at brotherhood, still in shrinkwrap, sighs>

I'm replaying 2 atm and Brohood next. I'll grab 3 soon.

Soon = in 1 month, at least, if your playing on PC.

Assholes have us on a delay as usual for no fucking reason other than to be pricks.

News Comments > PAX Australia in Melbourne
1. Re: PAX Australia in Melbourne Oct 22, 2012, 10:36 necrosis

Here is to hoping for a PAX on the east coast of the US in a more centralized location.  

News Comments > Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox
8. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 14:46 necrosis

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/12/the-war-for-omega-begins/

Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).

$14.99, 1200 MS/BW Points

News Comments > Valve Play Testing
9. Re: Valve Play Testing Oct 10, 2012, 08:47 necrosis

I like the motion sick part.

I have HORRIBLE motion sickness problems. To the point I can barely be a passenger in a car. If I read anything its instant puke city. Don't even get me started on boats and airplanes.

BUT

No computer game (PC or console) has EVER made me motion sick. Even with the bulshit FOV's these asshat developers are forcing on us on these horrible PC ports. Bad FOV only pisses me off. It does not make me sick.

News Comments > Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced
30. Re: Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced Sep 17, 2012, 14:10 necrosis

KS wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 12:06:
"One of our driving factors is a completely faithful reproduction of the gameplay experience. PC players can expect a completely identical experience to what console players came to love in DA 2."
And that right there makes me shiver and not want to touch this game with a 1,000 foot pole.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
24. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 14:06 necrosis

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 12:55:
I swear I just saw a pig fly by.
A cop pig from DNF.

News Comments > WoW Screenshot Watermarks?
2. Re: WoW Screenshot Watermarks? Sep 11, 2012, 12:56 necrosis

Probably just EXIF data.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2012, 21:04 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 20:37:
Love the comments after this article with people reamin Apple, US patent law, and how the fix was in for Apple on their US win. Not only do I hope Samsung crushes them on appel but that the judge in that case should come under criminal investigation or at least a formal judicial review.
I guess justice is blind, and so are you.

I really have no idea how anyone can say Samsung did not copy the iPhone.

News Comments > Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced
17. Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Aug 31, 2012, 20:10 necrosis

Old games! New DRM!

<vomit>

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Edition Lives
26. Re: I Am Alive PC Edition Lives Aug 24, 2012, 10:08 necrosis

And watch it be released DRMed out the ass and a totally shitty port.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
42. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 11:53 necrosis

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 11:22:
DukeFNukem wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 11:01:
Steam seems to be have gotten it right.

What has Steam got to do with this? Steam is a kind of DRM itself and AAA games there cost the same as on retail, although they should be cheaper with no media and box and stuff. If you buy them years later or on a sale, the price has nothing to do with retail vs digital distribution!
(1) Steam does not set prices. The game companies do. Point your teen rage in the right direction at least.

(2) Steam DRM is NOTHING like Ubi DRM. Steam at most needs a one time online activation. But hell you need to download the game anyhow so this is basically not an issue.

So yes. Steam has found a good balance between keeping piracy down and keeping customers happy.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
2. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 10:28 necrosis

Maybe people are driven to piracy to spit in your face because of draconian DRM? Not to mention PC versions of their games coming out MONTHS after consoles.

God the industry is still fucking clueless.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:13 necrosis

Nice. The link 503's.  

News Comments > OnLive Layoffs Follow-up
24. Re: OnLive Layoffs Follow-up Aug 18, 2012, 19:52 necrosis

I find it hard that anyone would really take to this.

With ISP's cracking down on bandwidth usage (I read early OnLive tests required a very decent amount) and insane overage charges for one thing. Another with people breaking out the torches and pitchforks against always online DRM (Ubi) which this is even worse as you do not even have a physical copy of the game to crack of the DRM servers shuts down.

Personally there is no way in hell I would pay for this service if the game still cost full retail. They literally need to be half that or strum up some kind of subscription service.

But in my personal experience with Gaikia, in terms of playability, so far is not that bad. Then again I have Comcast Blast! (recently doubled UL/DL in the north east) so bandwidth is not an issue. Its also free to me right now so yeah. I need to get Cacti running and monitor the switch port my TV is plugged into to see what it is actually pulling.

It sounds like a great idea for demo's but you have to be at least partially retarded to buy into it.

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
50. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 17, 2012, 10:48 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 16:43:
I'm glad these challengers to the Steam monopoly are coming around
I would not even call these challengers.

EA strong arming you and only letting you get digital version from their service and this thing from Ubi (insane DRM aside) is not even on par with Stem.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 February Dates Narrowed
4. Re: Dead Space 3 February Dates Narrowed Aug 14, 2012, 15:11 necrosis

Frijoles wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 11:59:
Day 1 purchase if they don't include Origin. I know, wishful thinking.
People would dare to day 1 this after their pathetic release of the first game on PC?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 13, 2012, 21:29 necrosis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 20:56:
As I understand it, he won't be arrested, but he can still be tried and convicted. From the article:

Mr Boonsong faces a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht fine if convicted.

So, not only would he have to pay the 20K baht ($636) but he'd also have to do 10 years in a Thai prison, which is no cakewalk. And that's IF they determine it was accidental. If it is premeditated he could get the death penalty. By firearm. Apparently they shoot until dead, as many bullets as it takes.
And they do the same thing if you insult their king!

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins
11. Re: Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins Aug 9, 2012, 09:33 necrosis

nope.jpg  

1999 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo