Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
23. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 14:49 necrosis

Prez wrote on May 16, 2011, 14:32:
If they want to include gay characters, fine. Just quit making such a big deal about it.
This.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon 3D Film Plans
2. Re: Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon 3D Film Plans May 16, 2011, 13:00 necrosis

I had this problem with Toy Story 3. 3D flat out makes me puke. Literally. I have horrible motion sickness issues. Cars, trains, planes, boats... oh god boats. Oddly I can ply FPS games 2 inches from my 30" display and have zero problems.

I wanted to see Toy Story 3 but every damned theater whiten a 30 min drive only had it in 3D. It was down right sad. Not to mention the tickets were like through the roof.

I think theaters are ramming 3D down our throats because there is a higher profit margin on them. It costs them pennies to add the support but charge viewers stupid high prices. Higher than they need to be to cover the additional tech cost.

News Comments > Square Enix Warns of Losses
1. Re: Square Enix Warns of Losses May 12, 2011, 10:56 necrosis

Prolly more fallout from FFXIV.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Preloads
15. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 09:24 necrosis

SpectralMeat wrote on May 12, 2011, 08:46:
I never really got into RPG games other than the Mass Effect series.
Thats your problem. You think Mass Effect is a RPG. DA:O is a closer comparison to Witcher than Mass Effect is by a long shot.

News Comments > No Fable III Windows Demo
7. Re: No Fable III Windows Demo May 11, 2011, 15:58 necrosis

And a damn is not given.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Tools Released
13. Re: Portal 2 Tools Released May 11, 2011, 15:25 necrosis

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2011, 11:40:
There you go. For all you assholes who were bitching that the maps were retardedly easy now you can show 'em how it's done, eh?!?!
I think I will just do that.

Put my new 30" LCD to good use.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week
9. Re: Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week May 10, 2011, 16:03 necrosis

http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/retaliation

The Crysis 2 Retaliation Pack arrives on Tuesday, May 17 in the US (May 18 in the EU) at $9.99 (or 800 Microsoft Points) for all platforms. Adapt. Upgrade. Dominate. Be the weapon. Only in Crysis 2.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Good for Retail
21. Re: Valve: Steam Good for Retail May 10, 2011, 11:56 necrosis

SimplyMonk wrote on May 10, 2011, 11:38:
necrosis wrote on May 10, 2011, 11:30:
When they reduced PC games down to a shitty floor cart with beat up and opened boxes I gave up.

GameStop doesn't want to deal in new games. Not enough profit. They want to deal in used games, primarily. That's why the PC is worthless to them because there are too many hurdles to selling them as used products whereas the consoles still have very little that is consumed by the first buyer (besides some DLC).
Humm good point there. Did not think of that.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
1. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer May 10, 2011, 11:50 necrosis

He better not taunt me another time.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week
3. Re: Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week May 10, 2011, 11:35 necrosis

(1) Will it come through Steam if you bought C2 there?
(2) Will it cost anything?

News Comments > Valve: Steam Good for Retail
19. Re: Valve: Steam Good for Retail May 10, 2011, 11:30 necrosis

kanniballl wrote on May 10, 2011, 10:51:
Arithon wrote on May 10, 2011, 10:44:
I'd say more like "Bad retail is good for Steam".
Steam prices are generally high for new titles, but their "Sale weekends" are excellent.
The thing that makes me consider Steam, is the lack of need for DVD's and patching.

The consipiracy between distributors and retailers to make PC games worthless makes them the engineers of the past slowdown in PC game sales. High prices, stupid DRM, no value for money, no resale options because of DRM, has killed the second-hand market for PC games, so gamers (in multiplatform households) buy the console versions instead and resell to get their money back.

If DRM was removed from all PC games sold at retail and high-street retailers started taking PC games in part exchange, the PC games market would grow rapidly on the high-street.

Steam and similar services have caused PC gaming to flourish despite the retailers and distributors best efforts to kill it off.

Back in the 90s I had more avenues for buying PC games in Brick n Mortar stores. CompUSA, ComputerCity, EBGames, places "like" BestBuy, etc. They all carried loads of PC games

Now my Brick / Mortar choices for PC games are: BestBuy and EBGames/GameStop. And EB/GameStop's PC selection is usually humorously small, such as one 3' shelf.

So for PC games I tend to do Digital, BestBuy, or online ordering.

Other things though (books, *some* electronics, etc) I favor Brick n Mortar.
This is exactly what drove me to steam. Gamestop was the easiest place to go for games and what not. When they reduced PC games down to a shitty floor cart with beat up and opened boxes I gave up. Granted Best Buy is still good for PC games as well as Target. But living in a city now its a 20+ min drive to get to these stores. Screw that. Just order it up on steam and let it download.

Retail is dead. And the stores put themselves there.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Geo IP
10. Re: GOG.com Drops Geo IP May 10, 2011, 08:39 necrosis

Asmo wrote on May 10, 2011, 00:51:
Curious, I wonder if you can buy Witcher 2 unedited by changing your country of origin? The timing of this change so shortly after that announcement is a bit to close to be coincidental...
I was thinking the same thing. And it is not just the censored version of Witcher 2 in AU its the massive price hike because B&M stores in AU are assholes.

I would not be surprised if Steam sees a ton of dumped preorders and the like because of this. Its not only AU but the $1 == 1Euro (sorry can't make that symbol) BS that steam does with pricing.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 14:17 necrosis

Dirwulf wrote on May 6, 2011, 11:59:
I understand Microsoft's thinking. You can't sign into your WoW account but once. I believe this is for security purposes, but obviously in this case it can be a huge pain. So the wife gets a second account for watching movies and such. If she signs in to watch Netflix with her account he can still get achievements, etc. But I guess that "free" part kinda of wipes that out too, since the second account would be on the PC.

So then, MS should make free accounts for watching Netflix on your Xbox if you already have an existing account. But they want you to buy a gold subscription, so that's probably not going to happen.

I wonder what a good solution would be?
Simple solution. Do what Steam does. Let you log in to a computer and a console at the same time.

It makes sense to not let two computers log in or two consoles log in at the same time. But no damned reason you could not let a computer and a console log in with the same account at the same time.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 14:15 necrosis

MajorD wrote on May 6, 2011, 12:21:
Full 'Steam' ahead.......

I see what you did there.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition, Steamworks & PC Support
8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition, Steamworks, & PC Support May 6, 2011, 14:05 necrosis

Prez wrote on May 6, 2011, 13:23:
Steam just says "2011" for the release date. Has anything more specific been given?
Steam seams to take a long time to update their pages with the exact release date even if the information is out there.

Steam did not say Witcher 2 would be out on the 17th till only a week or so ago tho the release date has been known since like Jan.

Ill prolly get this one on Steam being that the physical version has like nothing special in it, unlike Witcher 2.

And because im on a Witcher 2 kick... looks like DX3 will at least properly support 16:10 on launch.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2011, 14:11.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced
31. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced May 6, 2011, 11:26 necrosis

Verno wrote on May 5, 2011, 13:25:
Jdrez wrote on May 5, 2011, 13:20:
Another cash-in expansion pack sequel. Meh.

Spoken like someone who has never played them. AC2 and Brotherhood have ridiculous amounts of content and are by no means cash-in.
I have played both. And brotherhood really does feel like it was content cut from AC2 or should have been an expansion because of how short it is compared to AC2.

News Comments > Witcher 2 AU Censorship
10. Re: Witcher 2 AU Censorship May 6, 2011, 09:09 necrosis

ldonyo wrote on May 6, 2011, 08:59:
They have many, many beaches that are topless or clothing optional, but sex is a no-no in a video game? I still don't get it.
Silly rabbit, games are for kids!

16. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced May 5, 2011, 13:43 necrosis

Verno wrote on May 5, 2011, 13:03:
necrosis wrote on May 5, 2011, 12:58:
when it is released this November for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3
Ill believe it when I see it.

Errr why? They've released all of the AC games on the PC except for the stupid mobile versions.
I was referring to it coming out in November with PS3 and 360.

1. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced May 5, 2011, 12:58 necrosis

when it is released this November for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3
Ill believe it when I see it.

News Comments > Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed
11. Re: Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed May 3, 2011, 13:09 necrosis

May 17...

This DLC will have a imposable fight against Witcher 2.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo