Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Updated
5. Re: QUAKE LIVE Updated Jun 1, 2011, 09:55 necrosis

Verno wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 09:10:
necrosis wrote on May 31, 2011, 20:37:
Works with FF4 now! Yay!

I know what you meant but I still read that as Quake Live was ported to Final Fantasy 4 and got a bit excited.
LOL. I thought that too after writing. Was to lazy to type out 'Firefox'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
27. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 09:15 necrosis

Stolk wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 01:43:
Krovven wrote on May 31, 2011, 17:40:
I actually thought Crysis 1 was better.

If it wasn't for the flying sperm shooting icicles, I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Warhead was better than the first game...had to suffer fewer of the sperm enemies.
Opinions run all over the place. Warhead was painful. I finished like 3/4 of it and couldn't handle any more, and I rarely quit games before the ending but I did just that with Warhead. The 'first game' was significantly better.
I liked Warhead much more as well.

I beat Crysis once but whenever I replay it now I quit when I get to the alien bullshit. Especially when yo get in the ship.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Updated
1. Re: QUAKE LIVE Updated May 31, 2011, 20:37 necrosis

Works with FF4 now! Yay!  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed
6. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 26, 2011, 17:43 necrosis

DRM removed a week or so after release?

Jesus because I can't hug these guys I'm thinking about buying it on Steam as well (already own the retail collectors).

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
38. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 26, 2011, 07:42 necrosis

entr0py wrote on May 26, 2011, 02:50:
Dev wrote on May 26, 2011, 00:40:
Maybe use steam next time instead of the *barf* GfWL. It limits you to 1 signin at a time, unlimited installs. It has ability to not unlock the game until a particular release day/time, etc.

While Steam VS GFWL isn't really the issue here, it does amaze me how people support Steam DRM. The biggest issues is that Steam requires periodical sign-ins, even in "offline" mode. Whereas GFWL never requires you to be online, and even allows you to create and play on offline accounts that require no user data or tracking.
For some reason I remember there was a game that REQUIRED a online profile in GFW.

But for one to say GFWL is better than steam seriously needs their head checked. I have NEVER had any issue with Steam, ever!

Even in offline mode. And that shit about periodic check ins? Friend of mine has a mackbook with windows installed. My Steam account was logged in offline mode fro nearly 8 months. It was only removed when steam stuff started coming out on mac and he got his own account.

Seriously. Read up on the bullshit that is Fallout 3. Read up on the fact if you have family members playing Live on 360 the PC version gets booted (and vice versa).

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
37. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 26, 2011, 07:36 necrosis

Two words.

NO SALE

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
20. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 24, 2011, 13:01 necrosis

Paa! Paa! Come here quick! The pigs are flying out of their pens!  

News Comments > Brink Patched
9. Re: Brink Patched May 24, 2011, 08:40 necrosis

Jonny5 wrote on May 24, 2011, 00:10:
Quake 3 live Quake Live
Shit still does not work in FF4 without hacks.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 "Soul King" Trailer
1. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 23, 2011, 10:59 necrosis

I have a strict restriction on the amount of consolitus games I can ingest in one year.

I have already hit that limit.

EDIT: Jesus what engine from the early 2000's are they using?

News Comments > IGN sells Direct2Drive?
11. Re: IGN sells Direct2Drive? May 20, 2011, 21:26 necrosis

IGN sells Driect2Drive to GameFly?

I wish GameFly would be sold to Netflix. Maybe it would suck less.

News Comments > Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted
7. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 11:59 necrosis

nin wrote on May 20, 2011, 11:40:
Do YOU like talking/drinking/kissing with your helmet on?

Do YOU like pressing a single button over and over, and watching Teh Awsom happen?

Do YOU like padding your own review scores on Metacritic?

Join Bioware TODAY, and all this and more (18 hour work days) can be yours!

This gave me a much needed laugh on this shitty work day.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
43. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 10:04 necrosis

Darks wrote on May 20, 2011, 10:02:
The answer is no, there is no online element for this game. Im hoping that the next one they come out with they will add some type of two player Coop.
What? Its a single player RPG. I can not even fathom how co-op would work without drastic changes to core game mechanics.

40. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 08:06 necrosis

Drayth wrote on May 20, 2011, 01:01:
I used to play a lot of flight sims in the old old days (I was there for F-15 Strike Eagle), but when it comes to an FPS I guess I'm thinking more in terms of what I want my hands to do.. I'm holding a gun, and I want to point it as fast as possible at the enemy (kinda also goes along with that that's where the mouse rests.. in my hand).

In a game like Arma though, I def want it to switch to inverted for piloting.. though I'm working on a beefier rig for Arma 2 and 3.. joystick for sure.

Witcher 2's great! /ontopic
I guess my brain is odd.

Whenever my eyes and brain process that I am in some kind of flying craft everything registers down is up and up is down (inverted). But when I am doing a FPS my brain just registers as standard.

Its like games that have both. Battlefield for instance. When im on the ground its standard but when I hop in anything that flys I HAVE to invert the mouse otherwise im on the ground again... usually not in one piece. I remember some game that had flying in it but no option to ONLY have inverted in flying craft. Ever time I hopped in one I had to go into the settings and swap it, then swap back when I landed.
Overon wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:44:
They don't have true 16:10 support. There are black bars. They don't have true 4:3 support either. They let you select 16:10 and 4:3 resolutions, but those resolutios aren't really taking up the entire screen like they are supposed to. Everything is really geared toward 16:9.

Also the fact that the control and graphics configuration is all outside of the game and the lack of a quickload function, kind of leave a bad console taste in my mouth. That's how console ports do things. It simply is a lot quicker to create an external program that just edits ini files quick and dirty, rather incorporating it into the game with nice graphics and nice menus.

The other quibble is that you have to be angled just right a lot of the time to search something or put out a torch or light a torch and it's needlessly difficult sometimes.

However these are pretty minor quibbles. But still should be mentioned in fairness. Otherwise the game is the cream of the crop.

P.S. Why the hell did they change Kingslayers voice from the videos that were released? The voice in the videos fit his look a lot better than this voice in the US version.
I have to agree with all of this.

39. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 07:58 necrosis

Bumpy wrote on May 19, 2011, 21:25:
How on earth they missed invert mouse option is beyond me?!!!!
I didn't know W2 was a flight sim.

5. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 20:52 necrosis

captawe wrote on May 19, 2011, 20:50:
I wish I could combine DA2's combat skills with W2's story.
Nothing, absolutely NOTHING from DA2 should be anywhere near any other game EVER. Especially Witcher 2.

2. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 20:45 necrosis

I hope this is the patch that adds true 16:10 support.

Also the ability to bind a key to save and load. It really seams like CDprojekt wanted to remove 'quicksaves' from W2 with how things are laid out.

The game has the odd scent of a console ported game because of the fact you have to do all key bindings and graphical settings OUTSIDE the game as well as menu only access to saving and loading. Which by the way is ANNOYING AS GOD DAMNED HELL when trying to test settings because of how long the game takes to load even on 2 10k RPM Raptors in RAID0.

Also though it says you can skip cutscenes it doesn't actually work for me.
I find I have to left click the mouse once or twice to get the "skip" icon to show up int he top left corner. Then right click to skip.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2011, 20:51.

News Comments > About 40 Hours of Arkham City
20. Re: About 40 Hours of Arkham City May 19, 2011, 20:40 necrosis

Krovven wrote on May 19, 2011, 12:38:
necrosis wrote on May 19, 2011, 09:30:
Because I beat it in 6.

I'm sorry but I call bullshit.

You beat Arkham Asylum in 6 hours? Barely plausible, only if you skipped the majority of the game, listened/read nothing and did no exploring.

So you didn't really "play" the game, you raced through the main story as fast as you possibly could, and I'm guessing probably on Easy too?

I said i beat the game. Not completed it 100%.

I don't like side shit. Never have. Always found that in most games it distracted from the story. I like games like boots and movies. Beginning to end. Not yanked off track to do side things that do little to extend the story or things directly related to the main plot line.

As for "play". Everyone's definition is different. I was in no race to the end. I just stuck to the main plot line. Did I enjoy the game any less? No. It was a good game. I just hate it when developers lie out their ass about how long a game is. 25 hours for the main plot line? Really? I haven't had a game break 25 hours on first playthrough with little side shit since FFXIV. DA:O was the only thing that came close.

And since we are all about insulting. Go fuck yourself. I fucking hate assholes like you who think anything that isn't done your way is bullshit. WoooooOOOOooOOOO! You played it on easy and rushed it. Fuck you.

News Comments > About 40 Hours of Arkham City
12. Re: About 40 Hours of Arkham City May 19, 2011, 09:30 necrosis

What did they say for the first game?

Because I beat it in 6. AC that much larger than AA or are they blowing smoke in our face as usual?

there's no right or wrong time
Yeah. There is. When you drastically over inflate your assumptions of playtime to make sales.

News Comments > On StarCraft as a Spectator Sport
5. Re: On StarCraft as a Spectator Sport May 17, 2011, 08:42 necrosis

Watching people play video games unless it has a deep story (making it more like a movie) is just boring as hell.  

News Comments > Why No Windows Fable II
11. Re: Why No Windows Fable II May 16, 2011, 14:59 necrosis

grudgebearer wrote on May 16, 2011, 14:25:
And even though Fable III is a turd on X Box, and everyone knows it, they will still probably blame "teh piratz" wheh they only sell 87 copies of the PC version...
Not counting the fact that it came out MONTHS after.

I am curious how AC:B did on PC.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo