Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 1998 (Pro)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
3. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 21, 2011, 20:57 necrosis

Better work on the steam version.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned Jun 21, 2011, 17:14 necrosis

Overon wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 16:01:
Would a developer release a multiplatform title and have poor gamepad support on the consoles? I would like to see that happen.
Dragon Age: Origins

Most of my friends only game on consoles. I was loving this game and they were cursing it. I think most reviews of DA:O on console said this too.

Then again it was a PC game from the ground up without a thought about a console version till EA bought Bioware, demanded a console version, and delayed the PC version 6 months when it was DONE because they were worried about console sales.

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
12. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 11:42 necrosis

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 11:25:

I was gonna say, shouldn't you guys finish Rage and Doom 4 first, maybe?

I'd enjoy a return to Quake.

I'd like to see Quake 4 on Steam...not sure why it never made it out there.
This.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
80. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 09:35 necrosis

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 09:32:
necrosis wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 09:21:
O well. EA has already lost an Alice sale. Now they will loose anything that does not show up on Steam.

That's pretty much my mindset, too. Bioware was the only EA house I really cared about, and since they went to shit, I can't think of too much else I'll be missing. They can't decide what they want to do with NFS, and the last one (most wanted part 27, or WTF ever) was ass. Can't think of what else I'd be missing...

EA can go sit in the corner with UBI. Fuck em.
I'll buy them as long as they are still up there but yea, as soon as they are yanked I'm not buying them anywhere else.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
78. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 09:21 necrosis

O well. EA has already lost an Alice sale. Now they will loose anything that does not show up on Steam.  

News Comments > Epic Hacked
2. Re: Epic Hacked Jun 11, 2011, 14:15 necrosis

Is this a.... Epic Fail?

*puts on sunglasses*

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
28. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 09:42 necrosis

slaka wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 21:23:
Wasn't building engines all id was actually good at?
This.

After Q3 I really thought id should stop making games and just make engines and lic them to other people to make the game.

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
27. Re: id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing Jun 9, 2011, 09:40 necrosis

AnointedSword wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 01:27:
Now they can focus on the strong point of their games, gameplay (lol). I will say something that I mean from the bottom of my heart. When Romero left ID, a part of ID went missing. We can all say how bad Romero did once he left Id, but to be honest with you, how well did ID do? I also thought the gameplay and the imagination went missing from Id's stuff after Romero left. Just my two cents...just wondering where ID would be if they were all still together? oO
Its "id" not "ID".

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 17:39 necrosis

Doma wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 16:41:
haha

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/08/bobby-koticks-provocation-corner/
Never before have I wanted to puch someone in the face just for opening their mouth.

Bobby needs a good cock punching.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 8, 2011, 15:15 necrosis

Starcraft is serious business.  

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
15. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 15:07 necrosis

entr0py wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 14:19:
So, press button twice to select weapon, then press the cycle ammo button up to 3 times to select ammo? Or would the half-life control scheme take care of ammo selection as well? I can't remember exactly how it worked.
HL stacked some weapons so you hit say 3 then a menu of weapons showed up and you hit 3 till you got to the one you wanted then pressed the fire button to select.

Or you do what I (and I think everyone else did) turned fast user switching on and just used the mouse wheel.

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
8. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 13:11 necrosis

Apparently gone are the days of games like Quake where you can rebind whateverthefuck you want with a simple text file. So things like this are actually news.

Oh wait its the same way with dedicated servers, let alone USER RUN dedicated servers, and mod tools, and free demos on all platforms before launch, and the ability to turn off mouse acceleration, and support for 16:10 monitors, and ...

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October
19. Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October Jun 6, 2011, 18:19 necrosis

Frijoles wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 18:14:
Where's this tank video everyone is talking about? I'm not seeing much on their video list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPu7-LtLKmU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8pNOxynC1Dc

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October Jun 6, 2011, 18:04 necrosis

Yeah. But can it run Battlefield 3?

That's what people will be saying now.

Crytek, how does it feel to be someone's bitch?

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow
30. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow Jun 3, 2011, 14:16 necrosis

descender wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:05:
For the record, radial menus were only implemented in "The Sims" and other games after it was released on console.
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield had radial menus. Long before the franchise was bastardized and butchered for the console masses.

While radial menus are common for consoles they were just made common there. PC's invented them but they were used sparingly. Just like QT events.

I won't go into long winded detail but I will say W2 does feel more like a ported console game than W1 (which did not at all).

CD Projekt. I'm still waiting for the 16:10/4:3 fix.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow
14. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow Jun 3, 2011, 09:12 necrosis

Scottso wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 04:16:
If there was ever a developer/company that deserved dollars this is the one. They've even one-upped Stardock in taking care of the customer, imho, which is pretty amazing. Companies like this (Stardock would certainly qualify as well) are what will eventually, if they haven't already, influence the likes of EA. They are more like indie developers than these big money grab corps and they are very much tuned into what their customers really want. Good for them. I'll support them with my expendable income and they are certainly earning my trust for pre-order deals.
Yeah really. Rarely do you see patches that fix so much stuff. Let alone a patch only weeks after launch that fixes, well, damn near all the gripes I have seen since the games launch. Granted compared to some other titles I have seen very few gripes about this game.

I guess this is what happens when you actually keep your dev team around after a game goes gold or don't have them immediately start on a new project.

News Comments > Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes
19. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes Jun 2, 2011, 15:29 necrosis

This sounds like what CD Projekt did with Witcher 2. DRM was removed from the retail version only a week after launch. Even stating DRM only really protects zero day sales.  

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Updated
5. Re: QUAKE LIVE Updated Jun 1, 2011, 09:55 necrosis

Verno wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 09:10:
necrosis wrote on May 31, 2011, 20:37:
Works with FF4 now! Yay!

I know what you meant but I still read that as Quake Live was ported to Final Fantasy 4 and got a bit excited.
LOL. I thought that too after writing. Was to lazy to type out 'Firefox'.

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
27. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 Jun 1, 2011, 09:15 necrosis

Stolk wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 01:43:
Krovven wrote on May 31, 2011, 17:40:
I actually thought Crysis 1 was better.

If it wasn't for the flying sperm shooting icicles, I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Warhead was better than the first game...had to suffer fewer of the sperm enemies.
Opinions run all over the place. Warhead was painful. I finished like 3/4 of it and couldn't handle any more, and I rarely quit games before the ending but I did just that with Warhead. The 'first game' was significantly better.
I liked Warhead much more as well.

I beat Crysis once but whenever I replay it now I quit when I get to the alien bullshit. Especially when yo get in the ship.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Updated
1. Re: QUAKE LIVE Updated May 31, 2011, 20:37 necrosis

Works with FF4 now! Yay!  

1998 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo