Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2005 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released
12. Re: Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released Jun 27, 2011, 13:14 necrosis

Tumbler wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:58:
Not impressed with this game enough to bother with this. What is the point in making it look better, the gameplay wasn't anything to write home about. It was ok for a bit but towards the end I just wanted to finish the game and put the whole thing behind me. Felt like a chore to complete the game.
This. At some point I will force myself to finish it but... meh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released
6. Re: Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released Jun 27, 2011, 12:48 necrosis

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:46:
Prez wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:42:
tony wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:37:
Attention EA: Bring the game back to Steam and I'll pay more than $10 for it.

I want it on Steam too, but apparently it was Steam who took it down because it didn't meet Valve's criteria.

Is that the reason why Battlefield 3 is also not available on Steam?
Well for one the game isnt out yet. It is still a ways off. Sometimes takes a while before preorders show up on steam.

The other thing is EA might pull a Star Wars MMO and **ONLY** offer it on their new download service.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Hacked
8. Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 12:40 necrosis

UConnBBall wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:33:
I also like this game and the free to play model is a bit frustrating since they do introduce game bending bonuses like the new super hero packs. I spent $10 for 2 decent weapons and I was done till level 14. Now I need $15 to upgrade. Don't think I'll sink that into it. Was worth the $10.

Now prices for A.V.A are stupidlyhigh
It amazes me that game models like this actually work.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Hacked
6. Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 12:12 necrosis

Hellbinder wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 11:37:
no, all they showed is what a group of smart degenerates can do given enough time, dedication and opportunity.

people do care about security, but its hard to prepare for complete scum like these guys who sit around doing this all day long.
And it is that kind of thinking that keeps banks and the like exempt from punishment when severely damaging hacks leak the personal information of millions.

Hacks even today are still treated like 'acts of God'. Things that just can not be prepared for. Yet they can and I for one am sick of these institutions getting off 'scot free' whenever things like this happen.

News Comments > EVE Online Incarna Launches
8. Re: EVE Online Incarna Launches Jun 22, 2011, 13:30 necrosis

Techie714 wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 13:15:
I've really tried getting into this game at least three times, but I just cant. I find it so boring. The graphics are great & I know it's a very cool game but just not for me.
This is what always draws me to it. I want a good space MMO or the like. This game looks amazing and the ship fighting is fun. But everything else (doing nothing but waiting for skills to train) is a complete drag.

God I want another Freelancer.

News Comments > EVE Online Incarna Launches
7. Re: EVE Online Incarna Launches Jun 22, 2011, 13:28 necrosis

Tumbler wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 12:10:
Cool stuff...but they need to make someway to keep training yours skills up without paying. I don't feel like the game is worth it to pay a monthly fee when you are simply logging in to change skills. When you decide you want to try something there are often a variety of skills you'll need before you can do this and you'll have to spend a few weeks getting those in order. During that time you can run missions and earn isk which you'll need anyway but with many skills you're simply waiting to get hte most out of that so you just sit idle in a station while that training completes. Tech 2 Drones come to mind, you need an excessive amount of training to use those effectively and it's literally weeks. I ran missions a lot while those trained up but that process never ends. After getting my carrier training started I needed a handful of other skills that were going to take weeks to complete before I could hope to use hte carrier effectively. The wait is not the problem. Paying to wait is the problem. I think they should make it possible to put your pilot onto "hold" for a month or so and during that time you can not undock or pilot a ship. You're stuck in that station and you can login and train. Maybe buy/sell on the market too? This was the thing that made me cancel. I couldn't stomach the payment to sit there and switch skills for a month. Once you reach a certain point in the game training the stuff you want is going to take weeks. (for each skill)
This is the exact reason I stopped after a 45 day trial I had (some steam special). I spent most of the last 2-3 days on my trial just farting around doing dumb shit while I waited for skills to train.

This MMO is not like others in respect to effort and time. Most MMO's you can 'level' faster the more effort you put in. But in EVE you eventually hit a roadblock where no matter what you do will help you progress faster.

EX: You could be a god at making money. Have 500 billion Isk. But you have to wait a month or more for your training to complete on that fancy new ship you could build 5 of at the drop of a hat. So what do you do for that month? Make more money you can not really use? But then again I guess this is why everyone calls this game a 'Excel MMO'.

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
7. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 21, 2011, 21:00 necrosis

This means nothing anymore and it will take developers years to realize it.

As much as I love The Witcher 2 its lead platform was PC but it was quite obvious they took consoles into account and the game suffered because of it.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
3. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 21, 2011, 20:57 necrosis

Better work on the steam version.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned Jun 21, 2011, 17:14 necrosis

Overon wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 16:01:
Would a developer release a multiplatform title and have poor gamepad support on the consoles? I would like to see that happen.
Dragon Age: Origins

Most of my friends only game on consoles. I was loving this game and they were cursing it. I think most reviews of DA:O on console said this too.

Then again it was a PC game from the ground up without a thought about a console version till EA bought Bioware, demanded a console version, and delayed the PC version 6 months when it was DONE because they were worried about console sales.

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
12. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 11:42 necrosis

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 11:25:

I was gonna say, shouldn't you guys finish Rage and Doom 4 first, maybe?

I'd enjoy a return to Quake.

I'd like to see Quake 4 on Steam...not sure why it never made it out there.
This.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
80. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 09:35 necrosis

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 09:32:
necrosis wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 09:21:
O well. EA has already lost an Alice sale. Now they will loose anything that does not show up on Steam.

That's pretty much my mindset, too. Bioware was the only EA house I really cared about, and since they went to shit, I can't think of too much else I'll be missing. They can't decide what they want to do with NFS, and the last one (most wanted part 27, or WTF ever) was ass. Can't think of what else I'd be missing...

EA can go sit in the corner with UBI. Fuck em.
I'll buy them as long as they are still up there but yea, as soon as they are yanked I'm not buying them anywhere else.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
78. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 09:21 necrosis

O well. EA has already lost an Alice sale. Now they will loose anything that does not show up on Steam.  

News Comments > Epic Hacked
2. Re: Epic Hacked Jun 11, 2011, 14:15 necrosis

Is this a.... Epic Fail?

*puts on sunglasses*

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
28. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 09:42 necrosis

slaka wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 21:23:
Wasn't building engines all id was actually good at?
This.

After Q3 I really thought id should stop making games and just make engines and lic them to other people to make the game.

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
27. Re: id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing Jun 9, 2011, 09:40 necrosis

AnointedSword wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 01:27:
Now they can focus on the strong point of their games, gameplay (lol). I will say something that I mean from the bottom of my heart. When Romero left ID, a part of ID went missing. We can all say how bad Romero did once he left Id, but to be honest with you, how well did ID do? I also thought the gameplay and the imagination went missing from Id's stuff after Romero left. Just my two cents...just wondering where ID would be if they were all still together? oO
Its "id" not "ID".

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 17:39 necrosis

Doma wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 16:41:
haha

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/08/bobby-koticks-provocation-corner/
Never before have I wanted to puch someone in the face just for opening their mouth.

Bobby needs a good cock punching.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 8, 2011, 15:15 necrosis

Starcraft is serious business.  

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
15. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 15:07 necrosis

entr0py wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 14:19:
So, press button twice to select weapon, then press the cycle ammo button up to 3 times to select ammo? Or would the half-life control scheme take care of ammo selection as well? I can't remember exactly how it worked.
HL stacked some weapons so you hit say 3 then a menu of weapons showed up and you hit 3 till you got to the one you wanted then pressed the fire button to select.

Or you do what I (and I think everyone else did) turned fast user switching on and just used the mouse wheel.

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
8. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 13:11 necrosis

Apparently gone are the days of games like Quake where you can rebind whateverthefuck you want with a simple text file. So things like this are actually news.

Oh wait its the same way with dedicated servers, let alone USER RUN dedicated servers, and mod tools, and free demos on all platforms before launch, and the ability to turn off mouse acceleration, and support for 16:10 monitors, and ...

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October
19. Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October Jun 6, 2011, 18:19 necrosis

Frijoles wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 18:14:
Where's this tank video everyone is talking about? I'm not seeing much on their video list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPu7-LtLKmU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8pNOxynC1Dc

2005 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo