Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2004 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2011, 12:41 necrosis

Ubi there is a thing called PC's.

Oh wait your in the process of alienating that market with your DRM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned
25. Re: No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned Jul 6, 2011, 08:30 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 04:09:
As others have mentioned, you don't necessarily need mod tools in order to mod a game. Mod tools just make it a lot easier. Dead Rising 2 had mods. RE4 had mods. Tomb Raider: Underworld had mods. STALKER had mods. Fallout 1&2 had mods. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines had mods. GTA4 had mods. Carmageddon had mods.

I can keep going but hopefully you get the point.
But you DO need released dedicated servers. If your only able to lease dedicated servers any mod tools are moot. Unless the gaming community makes that too.

And your examples just drive that point home. Most of the games you listed are single player for the most part. Anyone can mod those.

News Comments > UbiCollectibles Announced
8. Re: UbiCollectibles Announced Jul 5, 2011, 16:25 necrosis

Sorry their shit will suck ass (figures and the like) compared to Hot Toys.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10312&mode=retail

News Comments > Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition
9. Re: Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition Jul 5, 2011, 16:23 necrosis

DNForever wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 16:07:
Crysis kicked ass. I could've done without the corny Korean shouting and that part where you float around the alien stronghold goes on pretty long, but overall that game was great. Haven't played Crysis 2 or Warhead yet.
Warhead == Crysis with less floaty alien bullshit. There are still alien's but a lot less.

Crysis 2 is just shit.

News Comments > EVE Online CSM Appeased
5. Re: EVE Online CSM Appeased Jul 4, 2011, 19:56 necrosis

Shok wrote on Jul 4, 2011, 18:00:
So is the font in Eve still super tiny and not adjustable? My monitor's native resolution is 2048x1152 and Eve is unplayable without adjustable font sizes...playing at butt-ugly 1024x768 or something just isn't a solution. Maybe they have some DLC fonts now lol
A horrible problem with many games. I remember running 1600x1200 on my 21" Sony G500 when the average resolution at the time was 1024x768. God it sucked with a mess of games trying to read text.

Seams its happening all over again. Id cry consolitious if it was any other game.

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
29. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 14:47 necrosis

nin wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 14:12:
Discuss the move here!

I love the fact that only 13 people have cared enough to post there.
Or more people have with colorful replies and MS didn't like them so they were deleted.

News Comments > Source SDK to be Free
4. Re: Source SDK to be Free Jul 1, 2011, 13:30 necrosis

Free is kind of a odd term here. I guess by Free they mean you can download the SDK without getting a game now.  

18. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 13:28 necrosis

Rigs wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 13:17:
I recall all the bitching and complaining that STEAM got when it was released and was required to play Valve's games and then others...but now most prefer to have it as an option when buying a new game...
The thing is Valve was actively fixing the issues with Steam and turned it into something fantastic. MS has done nothing. Game after game that uses this system has loads of old issues plus a ton of new ones.

I still shudder when I think about Fallout 3 DLC how EVERY SINGLE DLC release had some major issues with it. Whats that? You installed your game on a drive other than C:? TOUGH!

17. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 13:26 necrosis

Downer28 wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 12:19:
Awesome. Xbox.com is the obvious place I would go to play all my favorite PC games. Thanks Microsoft!
LOL I was thinking the same thing.

1. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 12:04 necrosis

GFW just needs to die.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Patch
13. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jul 1, 2011, 10:00 necrosis

Support for wider than 16x9 aspect ratio displays has been added to support users with non-standard display devices and spanned multi-monitor displays like AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround.
Does this mean there is proper 16:10 and 4:3 support in the game now?

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Learning From ME2 and DA2 Mistakes
13. Re: yeh, you can totally talk your way out of death Jul 1, 2011, 08:43 necrosis

finga wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 02:25:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 00:39:
Does this mean they are getting rid of the retarded morality system?
I thought BioWare has done a great job in taking Paragon/Renegade away from that direction. Although, I do think ME2 made a mistake in requiring you to go almost all Paragon or all Renegade in order to keep your crew alive in ME2, though.
Depends on what you did. You only needed to go full in one direction or the other if you "screwed up" earlier interactions with your crew. Specifically the loyalty missions. IF you were full P or R you got a 'get out of jail free' card to force save them.

Firs play through I saved everyone and was far from full Paragon or Renegade.

News Comments > Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins
16. Re: Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins Jun 30, 2011, 16:14 necrosis

My wallet just jumped out of my pocket and ran away.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Editor Released
7. Re: Crysis 2 Editor Released Jun 29, 2011, 22:00 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 19:08:
As for UDK, the only thing that has impressed me the slightest is FPS Terminaor.

http://www.moddb.com/games/fps-terminator
Hawken has something to say: http://www.hawkengame.com/

News Comments > Ixion Saga Revealed
4. Re: Ixion Saga Revealed Jun 29, 2011, 11:50 necrosis

Yeah. Lets see what DRM fuckery they do with this game before I even get remotely interested.  

News Comments > EVE Online Player Exodus?
22. Re: EVE Online Player Exodus? Jun 28, 2011, 16:22 necrosis

Tumbler wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 16:06:
There's a big difference between those scandals and microtransactions. When you hit people in the wallet(perceived or otherwise) they tend to react quite strongly.

I think this is more about the veterans not having a seat in this new food chain. There are already many items that will never drop and need to be purchased in game with isk and loyalty points. But earning loyalty points is something that veteran users have a much easier time at so supply of said item usually comes from them and is sold to the lesser players for profit. Assuming this store is different then lesser players can buy these items without ever giving the veteran players some profit along the way.

I can't login and see for myself so this is all based on what I'm hearing on the outside but that seems to be the issue.

It could also be people just pissed that they want this stuff but have to pay billions of isk to get it....which is ironic...WECOME TO EVE MOTHERFUCKERS!
Nah its the simple thing of 'those who have the money get the gear'. Some only have time to burn on the game. Others have the money. The people that only have time to burn are now pissed at those who have the money.

It is also the fear that X player spend 2 years getting ISK to get Y item. When player A can hop in the game and in 2 seconds have that Y item if he has the IRL cash for it. Which honestly I do not blame player X for being pissed.

Its the same way when a developer makes a ingame item rare has hell and in turn makes that item cost tons of money in game. Then on a whim that item is made easy to get because of increased drops screwing those that got it 'the hard way'. Square has done this with FFXI a number of times. Igqira Weskit comes to mind.

News Comments > Cross-Platform Steam Chat
2. Re: Cross-Platform Steam Chat Jun 28, 2011, 11:50 necrosis

Would love this as a protocol plugin for Pidgin.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released
25. Re: Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released Jun 27, 2011, 14:58 necrosis

MajorD wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 13:49:
MEH! I installed the 1.9, High Res, and DX11 patch and quickly checked it out, and so far it appears a little bit better, but not as much as I had anticipated and/or hoped for. Crysis 1 maxed out still looks better IMHO.

I'm curious about everyone else’s opinion.
DX11 in general is over hyped. Or at the very least it was insanely over hyped in this situation.

15. Re: Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released Jun 27, 2011, 13:43 necrosis

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 13:41:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:46:
Prez wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:42:
tony wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:37:
Attention EA: Bring the game back to Steam and I'll pay more than $10 for it.

I want it on Steam too, but apparently it was Steam who took it down because it didn't meet Valve's criteria.

Is that the reason why Battlefield 3 is also not available on Steam?

I'm pretty sure EA had said that Battlefield 3 would ONLY be available on Origin (for PC digital download.)

Creston
Oh well. No sale here if that is the case.

12. Re: Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released Jun 27, 2011, 13:14 necrosis

Tumbler wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:58:
Not impressed with this game enough to bother with this. What is the point in making it look better, the gameplay wasn't anything to write home about. It was ok for a bit but towards the end I just wanted to finish the game and put the whole thing behind me. Felt like a chore to complete the game.
This. At some point I will force myself to finish it but... meh.

2004 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo