Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2004 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > U.K. PC Charts
2. Re: U.K. PC Charts Jul 25, 2011, 15:25 necrosis

Dev wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 15:15:
Sims or its expansions have occupied at least one, and often multiple top spots in the top 10 almost constantly since the original release of sims 1.
I do not know how addons are even considered for these lists.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
14. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 13:34 necrosis

The other thing is, unless my memory is shot, there are hair styles there that were not in 1 or 2. I thought because you could migrate your save from 1 to 2 was the reason 2 had the same hair styles.  

8. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 12:14 necrosis

Halo wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 11:35:
necrosis wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 11:23:
Darks wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 10:46:
Anyone ever notice that Bioware for some odd reason has something against their female characters having long hair? Dragon Age, not one playable char has long hair to choose from, Mass Effect games. None there either. I would mention one of their game but I canít right now because of NDA.
Not a problem here. I always had a thing for women with short hair. The whole tomboy thing I find hella cute.

And it doesn't end up all over your shower >(
So true. Its why I get my hair cut short now. Less trips to the store to get more Drano.

5. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 11:23 necrosis

Darks wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 10:46:
Anyone ever notice that Bioware for some odd reason has something against their female characters having long hair? Dragon Age, not one playable char has long hair to choose from, Mass Effect games. None there either. I would mention one of their game but I canít right now because of NDA.
Not a problem here. I always had a thing for women with short hair. The whole tomboy thing I find hella cute.

News Comments > BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops
2. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 15:01 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 14:57:
Would sell a lot more copies if they allowed Steam....I am still on the fence with this whole Origin thing....
I fell off the fence in the last week. Onto the 'don't buy' side.

News Comments > AU RA18+ Rating Approved "In-Principle"
4. Re: AU RA18+ Rating Approved Jul 22, 2011, 14:21 necrosis

Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2011, 13:54:
Didn't I read somewhere recently the AU gov wants to kill the 15+ rating and make them all 18+? Then they will probably require stores to hide them in the back room or something. They can't do all that without a 18+ rating existing.
I read the same thing somewhere too.

News Comments > PC Call of Juarez: The Cartel in September
9. Re: PC Call of Juarez: The Cartel in September Jul 19, 2011, 18:02 necrosis

TurdFergasun wrote on Jul 19, 2011, 16:50:
now this is what you aweful pirating pc gamers get for not sucking the giant bag of dicks the industry wants to feed you. next time you'll learn your place and just buy the schlock without question or you will get zee delays!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzbURUrgQao

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
88. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 15:17 necrosis

Sepharo wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 15:14:
necrosis wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 15:05:
Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 14:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 14:17:

Is that really it though?

Doesn't EA sell DLC for Burnout Paradise that isn't available through Steam but through their own store? Aren't their other games like that too?

I wonder about that too. The Dragon Age and Mass Effect DLC weren't available through Steam, and could be bought directly from within the game, and Steam didn't have an issue with either one of those. Unless they altered their TOS, it seems strange that for Crysis 2 and BF3 they suddenly have a problem with it.

Creston
My only guess is those games are 'granfathered'. Steam changed the rules after these games came out but before Crysis 2 deal was cut. EA ignored the rules so Steam pulled that game.

Is there an article or announcement about this?
Just an educated guess as Valve has sad nothing about Crysis 2 being pulled.

85. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 15:05 necrosis

Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 14:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 14:17:

Is that really it though?

Doesn't EA sell DLC for Burnout Paradise that isn't available through Steam but through their own store? Aren't their other games like that too?

I wonder about that too. The Dragon Age and Mass Effect DLC weren't available through Steam, and could be bought directly from within the game, and Steam didn't have an issue with either one of those. Unless they altered their TOS, it seems strange that for Crysis 2 and BF3 they suddenly have a problem with it.

Creston
My only guess is those games are 'granfathered'. Steam changed the rules after these games came out but before Crysis 2 deal was cut. EA ignored the rules so Steam pulled that game.

78. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 14:27 necrosis

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 12:18:
Illumin wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 11:49:
Cheap deals for the customer, patches applied to games for the customer, a social service so you and your friends can play together... the ability to quickly and easily re install your games *and game codes are saved without having to write them down...all of this free. Not so much Stockholm syndrome as what some would call loyalty. Give me some examples please of where the customer is getting ass raped as you so intelligently put it?

Steam sucks because I have to download software that organizes my games into a neat list, shows me all updates and DLC that is available for it with out me having to scour the internet or wait in line on Fileplanet or something? Bunch of haters.

Let's see...

(-) Steamworks games that won't run without Steam (no game should force you to install a certain client that is technically not required to run the game)
This is the case with any game that has DRM now a days.
(-) Steam DRM - often times on top of other DRM like SecuROM, doubling the annoyance
Blame this on the publishers not Steam/Valve. They ave expressed their distaste for it but decided to let it go so they could expand. Telling publishers to remove their DRM would mean games would never get on Steam.
(-) Wonky offline mode
Never had any issues here. Either wait till it asks to go offline or force it through the menu options.
(-) Buggy and slow as fuck integrated browser
Must be your computer. Or do like I do. Small mode and never use the built in browser.
(-) Generally poor performance (it's gotten better over the years but still a far cry from a smooth, flawless user experience)
Eh? Its a little client? What do you mean performance?
(-) Spyware features - Steam knows what you play, where you play, when you play, how often you play, with whom you play, what hardware you prefer playing on... you name it. In terms of gaming it knows everything about you
Who is to say other DRM in other games do not do the same? Becides the survey's you have to opt in when the happen
(-) Retarded region locking
Again. This is more on the publishers than Valve/Steam.
(-) Censorship instead of age verification (big negative for Germans and Aussies and others with restrictive gov'ts)
AGAIN. This is on the publishers, government policies.
(-) "Our servers are currently too busy to handle your request - Please try again in a few minutes" = Totally unacceptable message if I want to download and install a game I purchased and own. I must be able to play whenever I want to. I don't give a fuck whether they have to set up a server farm the size of Texas. Not being able to play a game is unacceptable.
Valid. They are working on this.
(-) Mod compatibility not always ensured
Again. Issues with the GAME not the service.
(-) Delayed patches (sometimes massively)
Again. Issues with the GAME not the service.

If any other major player like EA or Microsoft had a negative list like that people would tar and feather them. But Valve gets aways with it "cuz HL was kewl" Rolleyes .
Steam does have its good sides, no doubt, but wouldn't it be much better if like GOG they would just be a decent digital sales platform without a client requirement and all the other peripheral bullshit? Yes, it would.

You really like finding things to bitch about? A good chunk of you listed gripes are directed at the WRONG PEOPLE. You really blame Steam for following GOVERNMENT LEVEL censorship laws?

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Free DLC Plans
14. Re: The Witcher 2 Free DLC Plans Jul 18, 2011, 08:44 necrosis

If the game should have launched with any of these fixes its this one:

Game now supports 4:3, 5:4, 16:10 aspect ratios.

News Comments > Steam Download Changes
28. Re: Steam Download Changes Jul 16, 2011, 12:54 necrosis

Overon wrote on Jul 16, 2011, 10:11:
Byte delta patching. Now you only download what has changed in the file that you have, not the entire file all over again. That means smaller downloads. When Witcher 2 patches were released via steam, people had to almost redownload the whole game because witcher 2 has a few very large files.
RTP patcher. Its been around for YEARS. First game I remember that used it was Rainbow Six: Raven Shield. Problems is (tho probably moot now) is it required a fast HDD to apply the patches because of how it had to move files around. I remember patches for RvS taking in excess of 45 min to install.

News Comments > Steam Download Changes
27. Re: Steam Download Changes Jul 16, 2011, 12:39 necrosis

fix-cz wrote on Jul 16, 2011, 01:17:
Luckily I buy games mostly elsewhere since Steam has such rip-off prices for Europeans.
People are still crying about this?

Also whats with everyone ranting about 1+ GB patches? This actually happens? First I have heard of it. Also whats the big deal?

News Comments > Free Mass Effect Digital Comics
8. Re: Free Mass Effect Digital Comics Jul 14, 2011, 09:31 necrosis

Free? They show as pay on the DH iPad app.

EDIT: And as soon as I say that I search again and they are free.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2011, 09:37.

News Comments > EA Ending Online Support for "Older" Games
15. Re: EA Ending Online Support for "Older" Games Jul 13, 2011, 08:06 necrosis

And people wonder why not having publicly available dedicated servers is bad.  

News Comments > L4D2 DLC This Month
10. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 10:19 necrosis

Another port over and they have yet to fix some major bugs in NM.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo Planned
35. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Planned Jul 11, 2011, 21:34 necrosis

Overon wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 14:28:
When a developer posts on twitter about a demo, you have to ask whether they mean PC, you know they mean consoles, but you don't know if that also includes the PC.
When a developer posts ANYWHERE about a demo and does not specifically mention PC you have to assume its not included.

I would rather be proven wrong then get my hopes up and then have them dashed.

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Planned Jul 11, 2011, 12:43 necrosis

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 12:04:

Do you seriously need to play a demo first of this game to actually know that this is a great game? No demo is required to know that this game kicks butt and is worth every penny, and btw, this game is on sale for the next 2 hrs too.

I need demos for all the games since I'm on a laptop, and performance is a real gamble with most games. I downloaded Witcher 2, ran like ass no matter what settings, deleted it.
I remember doing this back when I had a crappier job and unable to do regular upgrades. Problem was a lot of games were "beta" not demos. I remember I could run the Q3Test with no issues but once the final came out it ran like piss.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Planned Jul 11, 2011, 09:51 necrosis

Verno wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 09:47:
Is this going to land after the game is released like the other?
Nah the stuff I heard said it would be out before. Which is unheard of now a days.

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Planned Jul 11, 2011, 09:44 necrosis

Yes. But is there a demo planned for PC. That is the real question.  

2004 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo