Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2004 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated]
35. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 19, 2011, 10:57 necrosis

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 10:35:
If its DRM then its there because of that (unneeded given how short the game is) cloud sync feature
DRM isn't there because of some stupid cloud sync feature. Where on earth do you get this from?

Like I said before. The save game cloud sync was probably only added because they thought it would make people think requiring an always on connection was justified.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 19, 2011, 08:39 necrosis

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 07:07:
It validates because it syncs the saves on exit and start - saves are saved online.... when you lose connections it tries to sync (on exit ) until it has connection or waits till you start again.

So i am wondering if people confuse the cloud sync function with drm
Your head is in the clouds, or up your ass.

Cloud sync was Ubi's way to 'justify' the always on, or check every launch DRM systems.

"See look people! You saves sync online! Always on is great!"

13. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 18, 2011, 22:55 necrosis

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 22:39:
I'm guessing it really was just an internal communication problem, as in someone told someone else something wrong, and they passed on the incorrect information. But Ubi has put themselves in a position that no one will believe them no matter what the truth is.

I bought the game on Xbox before all this went down. Its too bad they fucked up the PC version, because its a pretty good game. Its not really made for a controller though. I would have loved to have seen it on PC. Maybe in 6 months when they remove the DRM and its on a Steam sale for $5.
Don't bother. Reviews are coming out (like the mentioned RPS article) and staying its a piss poor port.

12. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 18, 2011, 22:54 necrosis

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 22:49:
There is not a constant internet connection requirement. It validates every time you start and for some reason when you exit.

Should clarify things up a bit.
And if this is true it makes things better how? They still outright lied to us.

9. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 18, 2011, 22:46 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 22:19:
Sit Ubi sit! Bad dog!
Pfft... Put them down like Old Yeller.

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
33. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 15:46 necrosis

Wait. People are gobbling this up and giving Ubi praise for this bullshit?

You still need a internet connection to START the game EVERY TIME. This is the difference between having boiling water thrown on your crotch vs hot water from your water heater. Its still bullshit.

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released
6. Re: CryENGINE 3 Free SDK Released Aug 18, 2011, 09:00 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 23:58:
Except.. it requires you to be connected to the internet 100% of the time to use it. You actually need to login to the sandbox editor before it will function. It's not some "cloud" computing application either.

Why would they put that kind of DRM on an editor is anyone's guess.
This is just stupid. Why is this not like UDK?

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support
23. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 17:18 necrosis

Tumbler wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 13:32:
I would be curious to try it on the PC but after buying CoD4 on a steam sale and finding it had no gamepad support I won't be spending money on this one to try it.
Are you that stupid, or just a troll?

7. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 12:48 necrosis

JaguarUSF wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 12:43:
necrosis wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 12:40:
Sorry but because of all the Steam and requiring Origin bullshit going on with BF3 I'm not touching that either.

Are you sure?
Yes. Also considering the LAN parties I go to do not have internet and so far IIRC BF3 has no LAN only support.

5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 12:40 necrosis

venomhed wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 12:15:
When BF3 arrives, people will say

"Modern Warfare? What's that?"

Say by to this POS, on rails franchise.
"BF3? What's that?"

Sorry but because of all the Steam and requiring Origin bullshit going on with BF3 I'm not touching that either.

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
47. Re: EA: PC Aug 14, 2011, 15:15 necrosis

Asmo wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 05:47:
Ironically, with some companies jumping their prices up on Steam re: Aus prices, it's now more advantageous for me to buy from ozgameshop/ozgamestore (30-40 AUD for most titles) than use Origin or Steam (EA, Bethesda etc charge in USD on Steam what brick and mortars in Aus charge in AUD)
Sounds more like you need to get after your government than the game companies. IIRC that's the real issue. Government backing the B&M stores demanding that nothing can be sold cheaper online because it would undermine the B&M's.

News Comments > BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked
8. Re: BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked Aug 13, 2011, 17:33 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 17:15:
Bhruic wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 17:04:

Yea I never want my ingame name to be the same as my logon.

You use your email address to login to Origin, so that's a moot point.

I think you're missing the point, many people used their real name when creating their EA account (which is what Origin uses). People get all online stalkerish and so that's why it's a bad idea to have your EA account the same as your in game name.

Yes you can go create a new EA account with a new email address but you'll miss out on perks for being a long time consumer of Battlefield games - they haven't mentioned what they'll have for "vets" but I'm sure there will be something.
This is the exact reason I hate that shit. I make my logins the same:

<first name initial><middle name initial><full last name>

I do that for everything but fuck if I want that as a player name. Damned PSN ID is that and when I created the account years ago (before PS3 release) to get a PSP demo, I didnt know this. Had to deal with it cause my primary e-mail was already used and could not make a new account with the same e-mail.

O well im bitching for no real reason. EA can go fuck off with BF3. I won't be buying it.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
6. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 16:03 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 15:56:
Yep, it's annoying but not surprising if you played the Alpha.

You log in to the "battle log" website they've created, there you get access to a web based server browser, buddies list and can view stats, setup VOIP channels (web browser plug-ins required). When you join a server the game loads in the background, while this happens "Origin" pops up to the foreground and it cycles through advertisements on EA's store. If you minimize it then BF3 starts minimized as well. I couldn't find a way to stop it from popping up.

You need to leave your web browser open and have "Origin" running in the background while you play BF3.

There is no in game server browser, some people think that it was missing because it was Alpha but DICE went through all this work to make the game run with the web based frontend and "Origin". There's no way they would double their work and put a traditional server browser in game as well.
No ingame browser? Have to login through the web? Plugins? Sounds like LAN play without a internet connection is shot too.

Well that sealed the deal.

NO SALE

News Comments > No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo
15. Re: No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo Aug 11, 2011, 10:41 necrosis

Verno wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 09:34:
I'm still waiting for a good sequel to Ghost Recon. The original was amazing. Huge environments, open gameplay with actual strategy/tactics. Great selection of weaponry and quite a surprising amount of mission variety. Punishing gameplay but only if you played it like Call of Duty. God I miss Ghost Recon.
I second this. Never thought you could destroy a game series with the second game till Ghost Recon: AW and DA2.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer
4. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 14:04 necrosis

Did anyone even bother getting this game after the crap fest that was F.E.A.R. 2?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
78. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 14:02 necrosis

Something I just thought about.

Little Big Planet (yes its a console game, bear with me) at launch has a single player part. But it uploads scores and downloads complete times and the like. At launch the servers were so swamped if you had your network connected to your PS3 it was IMPOSSABLE to play single player because of what it wanted to do online. I had to yank the patch cable every time I wanted to play it because of this. A perfect example of forcing online crap on a SP aspect of a game backfiring.

75. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 13:47 necrosis

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 12:01:
The amount of overreaction here is really quite funny. Honestly, how many of you are never connected 24/7? Be honest.
At home I am almost always online baring my ISP taking a shit.

But at small LAN parties there usually is no internet. Or there is but they shut it off because of assholes torrenting and what not. I also now have a laptop I can game on. Where other than at home hardly is on the internet. Or somewhere the internet is restricted (port 80 ONRY!). I don't know how many times I have killed hours in airports with the FIRST STARCRAFT, Quake 2/3, or other games like that. All not requiring internet.

Not to mention 3 days Ubi's servers got FUCKED and I couldn't play AC:B. A game I legitimately bought. This was a few months after release too. Not the clusterfuck at launch.

70. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 13:35 necrosis

Let me sum up his words.

"FUCK YOU."

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future
22. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 10, 2011, 08:57 necrosis

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 01:18:
I am willing to bet that 99% of the people on Blues never even played the game, much less played through it, they just like to spew hate and vitriol.
I am not about to spend $60 for a game I can not return. You are completely delusional if you expect people to do this with how PC gaming is now a days. The demo gave me enough feel for what it had become and that this title was a no buy. Hell, the first trailers and released information on this game made me shudder.

How Bioware can stick to their guns over DA2 is beyond me. I really doubt the sales were even remotely close to DA:O (which IIRC broke records for the company). That alone should kick them in the crotch and realize they did something seriously wrong.

I really do put the blame squarely on EA. I knew things were going downhill when EA bought Bioware and demanded a version of DA:O for consoles and delayed the PC version 6 months when it was DONE.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Split Screen Support
4. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Split Screen Support Aug 9, 2011, 16:17 necrosis

elefunk wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 14:37:
This will be absolutely perfect on my m11x, hooking it up to my HDTV with a single HDMI cable....*drool*
Only if you output at 720. I have the m11x and outside its default LCD rez the video card in that laptop dosent cut it.

2004 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo