Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2004 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Avalanche on DRM
15. Re: Quoteworthy - Avalanche on DRM Sep 6, 2011, 14:04 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 10:34:
And this is the best part of Steam - it actually gives you something, even if it's just convenience.

The thing is it can't really be replicated, as part of the convenience is that it's just Steam. As soon as it becomes Steam and Origin and DD and Impulse and GFWL it is no longer convenient, it's now too many background programs and too many downloading agents and too many usernames and too many passwords.
This. It is why I will not be getting Battlefield 3. Possibly Mass Effect 3 as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations
8. Re: Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations Sep 5, 2011, 13:25 necrosis

Since someone has already pulled the piracy joke:

MAXIMUM CRUNCH TIME.

Yeah its not as good but I tried.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod
20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 5, 2011, 00:48 necrosis

Draugr wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 18:15:
Gibbed is awesome, his ME2 save editor was great for avoiding planet scanning, and modifying flags for characters.
I knew I recognised the name. Yeah I use the saved game editor just save my sanity when I do replays of ME2. Stupid assed planet scanning.

News Comments > Doom of Germany's DOOM Ban Explained
5. Re: Doom of Germany's DOOM Ban Explained Sep 1, 2011, 14:43 necrosis

sauron wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 14:09:
Blue wrote on Sep 1, 2011:
Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien

Signmakers in Germany must make an absolute fortune.
If charged by the letter.

News Comments > Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed
7. Re: Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed Aug 31, 2011, 16:19 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 16:13:
"Protection from who, Tommy? Zee Germans?"
- Turkish
Best move ever.

News Comments > Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed
2. Re: Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed Aug 31, 2011, 13:58 necrosis

Slashman wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 13:37:
So yeah...DOOM and DOOM II. That didn't take long at all...
Were they replaced with robots?

News Comments > Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
4. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 11:28 necrosis

and the player will be separated from the game's comm support
RE: We did not feel like hiring back all the voice actors.

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
8. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 10:16 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 10:11:
So what he's saying is they want to dumb it down to such a degree that no-one can be offended? When has that EVER worked? Has anyone kicked up a fuss because you can shoot prostitutes in Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Did Half-Life 2 generate negative headlines because you can take a crowbar to a scientist's head? This is exactly the sort of bullshit that I hate about modern society.

They should develop what they think it artistically appropriate and fuck the consequences. With COD:MW2 they DELIBERATELY set out to generate controversy. Games have been getting more realistic over the years and now we're going back to indestructible civilians? How about removing blood from the game? And you can't depict Arabs in a game, as that could be potentially offensive. How about they just make a game about a man pouring milk on his cereal. HOLY SHIT, THINK OF THE POOR ANIMALS BEING BRED FOR THEIR SUPERSIZED UDDERS!!!! No milk then. How about a man walking about in his underwear? HOLY SHIT, WHAT ABOUT THE CHINESE SLAVE LABOR THAT MADE THEM!?!?!?

Seriously, if this sort of crap is coming from the lead designer then my faith in this game has just hit ZERO.
The thing about Deus Ex: Human Revolution was the first thing that popped into my head. There are tons of non combatants in that game. You can kill all of them. Hell you can shoot the ones held in jail cells! Your not rewarded for it but then not exactly penalized for it either.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Interview
10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Interview Aug 31, 2011, 08:46 necrosis

ZeroCougar wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 06:45:
Anybody else find it odd he called them patches by default? or was it a Freudian slip? Programming wise they are patches, but there pay to play patches. Its early maybe and I'm just too tired; but I found calling paid for DLC, patches, odd.
I have to agree with you on this. With the state of nickle and diming us with DLC, content that was stripped from the main game to milk more money from us, one needs to watch their words more carefully.

Patches = Fix something and add no content
DLC = Add content

News Comments > Fifth Deus Ex: Human Revolution Clue [Updated]
2. Re: Fifth Deus Ex: Human Revolution Clue Aug 30, 2011, 16:19 necrosis

Code has been cracked. People moving onto the site URL and mores code audio file.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Still Using GFWL
14. Re: Batman: Arkham City Still Using GFWL Aug 30, 2011, 12:12 necrosis

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 11:57:
I never have any problems with GFWL. I log in using my Xbox live ID and done. It takes about 5 seconds. I still play Dirt 2 all the time on it. Batman AA ran just fine for me through it and even tracked PC achievements and added them to my Xbox live account. GOTY actually counts as a separate game, so I have all the BAA achievements twice.

And why would you play this on a console when its going to look so much better on a PC. You'd rather play a shitty looking game with a controller than log in to GFWL? I say you are full of it.
Here is your 'it works for me so WTF is the problem' cookie. Middlefinger

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Sales Approach One Million
2. Re: The Witcher 2 Sales Approach One Million Aug 30, 2011, 10:09 necrosis

Darks wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 10:04:
Im a little confused why this game has taken so long to reach the one million mark. such a great game too.
Its PC only and not some ZOMG U RUENED MY KILLS STREAK!

It is also proof that a game this big can not cause the developer to shut its doors if it does not break 1m in sales opening weekend.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
71. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 30, 2011, 08:38 necrosis

Acleacius wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 01:31:
Damn it, I hate being forced to leave a city without being given a choice. About six hours without getting access to a merchant.

I left gear and my modded silent sniper rife near the merchant in Hengsha China. Never had a clue I would be sent on to TWO Full missions, without ever going to a merchant again before the End fight.
Another thing that bugs the shit out of me.

Hello your out of ammo. Your fucked.

Second playthrough first thing I did was the inventory expansion mods.

70. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 30, 2011, 08:35 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 05:28:
Leaning, really? What do you need that for when you have the cover system?

Third-person cover systems are really overpowered. When you take cover in first-person, you sacrifice awareness for protection. In third-person, you sacrifice nothing. Without the balance of risk vs reward, taking cover ultimately becomes a shallow game mechanic. In DX:HR, third-person cover completely undermines some of the augmentations as well, like X-Ray vision and the Mark & Track aug. Not using the cover system and sticking with first-person significantly amplifies the intensity of taking cover and makes those augmentations much more useful.
While you do have a point the thing that pissed me off about the cover system is if you are standing, cover into a crouch (short object to hide behind) when you come out of the cover your now crouching. If I go into a cover in a specific stance I want to come out of cover in that same stance. To many times I fucking died because I wanted to sprint from cover but couldn't because I was crouching.

68. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 30, 2011, 08:31 necrosis

ShakaUVM wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 08:21:
Or eliminating the Parkinsonian NPCs. I literally can't look at some of them when they're talking to me (like Malik) since they're jerking around and shaking their heads way too much.

CALM THE HELL DOWN, NPCs. Sheesh. Their body language is all off.
Yeah this bugged the hell out of me too. I mean I don't want them standing there like a piece of wood (Like Witcher 1 before the patches) but damn.

News Comments > GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal
15. Re: GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal Aug 26, 2011, 19:51 necrosis

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 17:12:
Okay, okay... Use the gift card to get a free game, THEN never go there again.
Games are $50 again?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Deus Ex Video Head to Head- PC vs PS3. Aug 26, 2011, 11:30 necrosis

Why do they even bother doing these?  

News Comments > First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives
4. Re: First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives Aug 26, 2011, 11:28 necrosis

And Microsoft is so for PC gaming.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 26, 2011, 09:03 necrosis

I'm just surprised the PC version is even getting a CE release.  

News Comments > Portal Co-creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed
4. Re: Portal Creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed Aug 25, 2011, 15:34 necrosis

Yakubs wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 15:18:
would appeal to gamers of all ages and skill levels.

PR speak for: it's so easy that (a) your grandma could finish it and (b) your kindergartner can understand it.
You mean Portal 2?

2004 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo