Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Xbox LIVE on Windows 8
47. Re: Xbox LIVE on Windows 8 Sep 14, 2011, 08:46 necrosis

Ruffiana wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 21:02:
Sempai wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 20:24:
I assume Xbox Live will cost me $59.99 a year to use on a PC, If so Fuck yourself Microsoft.

In fairness, a bit of shopping can get you Gold membership more in the $29-$39 range. It still should be free, but I think they'll have a much harder time getting a similiar monthly fee from PC users.

As someone who's not an eltist PC snob, I like XBox Live. I've only had gold membership off and on over the years, but the access to community, secondary services, demos, DLC, arcade games, and achievements is really nice. Very comparable to Steam on the PC.

It only makes sense that this service would eventually be integrated on PCs.
So we are "elitist PC snobs" because we think its bullshit to pay for something that is not needed?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Preloads
31. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Preloads Sep 13, 2011, 10:25 necrosis

bhcompy wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 09:52:
Yea, no tears over any lack of eyefinity support here. I think it's one thing to have that in an RTS or a game like EVE, but it's not something I would want in an FPS with an unrestricted FOV given the advantage that FOV provides to those few that have it.
Yeah Dice or EA stated there was no proper widescreen support in BF2 online because "it was a unfair advantage" (no source but just Google "bf2 widescreen unfair"). While I am perfectly OK with widescreen (the benefit is VERY minimal, not to mention not many games to it properly, VERT+ == CORRECT, VERT- == FAIL).

Eyefinity on the other hand is way overboard.

And yeah, don't get me started on 16:9 with black bars for 16:10 displays. This alone is why widescreengamingforum.com can go fuck off. They give games an 'A' rating that do this shit. After that I lost all respect of that site.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2011, 10:33.

News Comments > FIFA 12 Demo
1. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 10:18 necrosis

Unsupported controllers?

1) Why are you using a controller on a PC?
2) How is a controller unsupported? Does it not just talk to the OS which should have the drivers for said controller? Like mice?

EDIT: Read the thread. More hard coding for the 360 controller only bullshit. Seriously whatever happened to the game just talking to the OS for access to devices like this?

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Preloads
25. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Preloads Sep 13, 2011, 09:20 necrosis

Nacelle wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 06:59:
I've been screwed too many times by devs that say it will have eyefinity support and don't live up to their promise. If I have to edit an ini file, the hud is streached, or the fov never feels right, I don't consider that eyefinity support. Half-Life 2 engine games and Bad Company 2 have worked correctly right for a long time now. When I see reviews where everyone Is playing this game without a hitch, I'll buy it then.
Whats that? Something that hardly anyone has isn't supported? Shock of shocks!

That's what you get for buying into a gimmick.

Bad enough that we have a lot of games even today that do not support widescreen properly (16:10 specifically) let alone this shit.

News Comments > Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More
19. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 19:11 necrosis

PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 18:00:
Level 46 after many many straight hours.

The game has terrible New Game + support. After completing the campaign, you are dumped at the beginning again with xp/equipment, which would be fine, except the game doesn't differentiate between New Game + players and everybody else. If I join a coop game it'll saddle me with somebody thirty levels beneath me. Nowhere does it tell me the level of other players. This wouldn't be TOO great a problem except that when I kill an enemy or loot a box, the loot is scaled to MY LEVEL, not the other player(s). So the level 20 enemy I kill with my level 46 character drops a level 46 weapon... which in no way helps the level 20 player whose game I ended up in.
Wow now that is awesome.

As for those talking about the VAC ban issues welcome to the future of gaming. If you want more examples: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/10/starcraft-ban/

18. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 19:07 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 15:42:
My vajay isn't sandy - that stuff doesn't bother me.
I love how someone has a sandy vajay because of something they can do nothing about.

Guess all those people that can not walk have sandy vajay's when they voice issues with buildings that don't accommodate them.

9. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 15:41 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 15:37:
I am level 4 or 5 after 2.5 hours. Having a blast exploring and just checking things out. I haven't even started the main mission plot, just going around and doing side missions and getting the hang of things. Found some nice weapons hidden here and there to take over all the crap weapons. Haven't had any sort of challenge yet.

That being said - I think the game is great, and look forward to tweaking the game to make it better and continue the zombie killing simulator.
Glad the horrible FOV and motion blur doesn't make you puke after a hour of play.

6. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 15:00 necrosis

It is amazing to get shit that should be in the game from the get go requires risking getting a VAC ban.

This game could not be more of a clusterfuck.

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
48. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 8, 2011, 17:04 necrosis

Imagine how this would be if we found out the person who put that line in the game was female.  

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
30. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 8, 2011, 16:24 necrosis

I think more people are offended with the POS PC release as a whole than some hidden "Feminist Whore" comment.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement
23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement Sep 8, 2011, 16:23 necrosis

Acleacius wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:55:
Damn this story/dlc doesn't fit in anyway I can see, especially with the way Adam acted when he woke. :(
Really does seam that way. Tho Adam is one to not show emotions or anything. Maybe he just felt whatever happened was not worth telling anyone else.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2011, 13:16 necrosis

"Brown pointed out that the above figure is "found revenue" that comes from users who previously "consumed bandwidth for free"."

Shouldent the cost of the game cover this? How have FPS game servers been running since the late 90's with no extra cost to the user other than their on net connection and the cost of the game?

EA you FORCE yourself to run the servers because you do not let users run their own servers then bitch that its costing you money. Then you start charging for it and get mad that people have finally clued in and gave you the middle finger?

Headscratch

News Comments > Activision: Call of Duty Elite "The Difference Between Social Gaming and a Community"
19. Re: Activision: Call of Duty Elite Sep 8, 2011, 13:06 necrosis

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 12:35:
It sounds like Kevin Butler talking about Playstation Home.
At least Home was free.

News Comments > 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders
33. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 09:11 necrosis

1.25 million people are dumber than a box of rusty hammers at the bottom of a frozen lake in Minnesota?  

News Comments > Dead Island "Make Up" Promised
24. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 08:43 necrosis

DangerDog wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 21:25:
any way to adjust FOV?

edit: guess not from looking over at the Steam forums. FOV is hard coded and can't be changed.
If this is the case:

NO SALE

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 7, 2011, 16:06 necrosis

BloodRayne: Betrayal is also out on PSN. Been waiting for this.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 7, 2011, 16:04 necrosis

LOL! A demo canceled for a console? Someone call Hell and see if their heater broke.  

News Comments > Dead Island Patched
30. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 09:50 necrosis

Kinda off topic but why the hell is there no RSS feed for the Steam news page?  

News Comments > OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight
10. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 09:47 necrosis

Yeah I know a ton of people this is going to piss off.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Avalanche on DRM
15. Re: Quoteworthy - Avalanche on DRM Sep 6, 2011, 14:04 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 10:34:
And this is the best part of Steam - it actually gives you something, even if it's just convenience.

The thing is it can't really be replicated, as part of the convenience is that it's just Steam. As soon as it becomes Steam and Origin and DD and Impulse and GFWL it is no longer convenient, it's now too many background programs and too many downloading agents and too many usernames and too many passwords.
This. It is why I will not be getting Battlefield 3. Possibly Mass Effect 3 as well.

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo