Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote
2. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 12, 2012, 23:16 necrosis

Here is to hoping they don't have the FOV fiasco they had with the first game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
13. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 15:41 necrosis

Steele Johnson wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 15:35:
Bad move. It's the tv that will be the computer in a year or two. He should be working with the tv manufacturers to sign deals to have steam a default app on the tv. Why waste money on a another console type thing? Gabe needs to rethink his plan.
I like this idea!

Basically your personal OnLive/Gaikai. Leave your high end PC in your computer room or wherever and stream it to your big assed TV over Ethernet.

Once in a blue moon I do like to play a game on my large TV instead of at my desk. Here I don't have to buy another machine or drag my computer into the room.

News Comments > The Hidden Secrets Released For AC3 Season Pass
3. Re: The Hidden Secrets Released For AC3 Season Pass Dec 4, 2012, 23:15 necrosis

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 20:42:
This didn't get released, as I played these missions like a week ago?

Oh, it got released for the season pass, while I got them from the deluxe edition.

Creston
Steam deluxe edition came with the season pass.

News Comments > Mike Capps Caps Epic Career
9. Re: Mike Capps Caps Epic Career Dec 4, 2012, 23:14 necrosis

They milked the market, destroyed the fanbase that got them where they were. Now they are cashing out.

Not surprising.

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Mode Launches
22. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Launches Dec 3, 2012, 23:48 necrosis

Kitkoan wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 22:06:
necrosis wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 22:01:
Here is the problem with this.

There are no settings in games for 'gamepad only' players as far as I know. So anyone using a controller is going to be at a serious disadvantage in MP games.

If I remember, most FPS MP games tend to give controller players a basic autoaim to help against mouse/keyboard players.
And those that do are trash. If in MP NO ONE should have auto aim. Period.

Crysis 2 anyone?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Karateka
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Karateka Dec 3, 2012, 22:05 necrosis

Relevant...

http://bit.ly/RxS8EQ

14. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Launches Dec 3, 2012, 22:01 necrosis

Here is the problem with this.

There are no settings in games for 'gamepad only' players as far as I know. So anyone using a controller is going to be at a serious disadvantage in MP games.

11. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Launches Dec 3, 2012, 21:38 necrosis

Woo! They made what most likely equates to a different CSS file for the UI.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 2, 2012, 15:19 necrosis

Funny. No restrictions on PC.  

News Comments > Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was "99% Finished"
10. Re: Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was "99% Finished" Dec 1, 2012, 20:48 necrosis

Wasted money. Along with Battlefront I and II.  

News Comments > No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany
28. Re: No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany Dec 1, 2012, 13:58 necrosis

PHJF wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 08:39:
This is in stark contrast to Gearbox who claimed Borderlands 2 was uncut, but in fact they removed head decaps and other effects in order to comply with German (and other) law.

Actually they fucked up across the board and Borderlands 2 was censored in America. Even with the "full gore" option ticked, there are no decapitations, no elemental death effects, no flying body parts. But oh look we have horrible-looking PhysX blood everywhere...
This is the worst. When censorship from a few countries spills over into all countries. Borderlands 2, Fallout 3... I am sure there are a few others where this has happened.

I really can not see a publisher/developer losing shit tons of money by not bowing to their stupid censorship laws.

News Comments > No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany
27. Re: No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany Dec 1, 2012, 13:52 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 21:15:
"Protection from what, Tommy? Zee Germans?"
Best movie ever.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
22. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:46 necrosis

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 13:06:
Techie714 wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:09:
I really want this game but Uplay (Always on DRM) makes this a no buy. Even though you can set it to offline mode it's still BS...IMO. Just more crap to install on your PC & if you get it through Steam why must you have Uplay.....

The irony is that anytime a person uses steam in the first place they're using Always on DRM.
Uh... what? Yousaidwhat

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
10. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:56 necrosis

Shok wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:48:
I'm pretty sure Uplay is only required if you buy it outside of Steam. I think the video review Blue posted yesterday mentioned that but I can't be positive that's where I remember hearing it. Nevermind, the Steam page says, "Requires a UPlay account". Fuckballs! as Debra Morgan says...

In any event, I agree with giving Ubisoft the finger whenever possible because of their past DRM bullshit. Vote with your wallet though or it will never change.
No it requires it. AC3 did as well.

I also like how Steam thinks AC3 is running because it launches UPlay. So I have something like 48 hours on AC3 already though actual play time is more like 6 hours because I would exit the game but not kill UPlay when I took breaks over Thanksgiving weekend.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 30, 2012, 10:53 necrosis

iTunes is complicated? What?  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
28. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 16:26 necrosis

Sleep wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 11:53:
hmmm shouty shouty.

Well, these are mostly around a widescreen fix and sweetfx.
Widescreen fix? Like how Dice said that widescreen was akin to cheating because you could see a bit more in one of the BF games?

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 10:37 necrosis

I wonder if they are doing this because the cheat detection is a tad overzealous.

Can't wait for false bans.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
20. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 26, 2012, 08:51 necrosis

InBlack wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 06:32:
necrosis wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 01:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 01:23:
Question: If consoles (like the 360) are more PC hardware based, and have more RAM and mandatory hard drive installs, would we see more console games (and in turn pc games) really pushing what could be done with games?
It use to be that PC's were the showroom's of high end gaming (Crysis, Quake, Alan Wake back when it was shown on a System brought back in time from the future, etc), but now we are becoming the retro cool indie game place with games like Minecraft.

It's like bell bottom jeans coming back in style every 10-15 years.

Indie games are taking off on PC because PC does not have the stupidly insane publishing (and patch release) costs that consoles do. All that 'certification' and crap costs money and is mandatory on all consoles. Money these small groups don't have. Because these indie games only really exist on PC they get the most hype on PC.

AAA titles are dead in the PC world.

Dont worry, the certification crap is coming to the PC. Just wait for Windows 9 and see...
Windows 9? Try Windows 8. If you want your application on the "Metro" tiles interface thing it MUST go through the Windows store which requires certification.

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 26, 2012, 02:03 necrosis

The biggest problem with passwords are the users themselves.

Passwords are fairly secure but the users make their passwords the stupidest shit, never change them, and use the same password for everything.

The easier we make 'questions' and the like the easier we make it for the hackers too. You can only make things so simple for the truly stupid who do not belong online before you might as well not have any security at all.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
16. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 26, 2012, 01:54 necrosis

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 01:23:
Question: If consoles (like the 360) are more PC hardware based, and have more RAM and mandatory hard drive installs, would we see more console games (and in turn pc games) really pushing what could be done with games?
It use to be that PC's were the showroom's of high end gaming (Crysis, Quake, Alan Wake back when it was shown on a System brought back in time from the future, etc), but now we are becoming the retro cool indie game place with games like Minecraft.

It's like bell bottom jeans coming back in style every 10-15 years.

Indie games are taking off on PC because PC does not have the stupidly insane publishing (and patch release) costs that consoles do. All that 'certification' and crap costs money and is mandatory on all consoles. Money these small groups don't have. Because these indie games only really exist on PC they get the most hype on PC.

AAA titles are dead in the PC world.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo