Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2005 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta This Month
12. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta This Month Sep 20, 2011, 13:30 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 10:24:
So the game won't run on XP or Direct X 9?

Isn't the xbox dx9?
I can't wait till games require x64.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
20. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 13:28 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 13:24:
Obviously nVidia needs more time to break compatibility with AMD cards. Afterall, it's not like anti-aliasing is an expected features that 99% of all games include out-of-the-box. Or perhaps they need to add further PhysX support, as obviously there's no way they could opt for a physics solution that supports BOTH of the main GPU providers.

But then AMD pulls the same shit as well, right? I mean, it's not like Deus Ex: Human Revolution (an AMD supported title) is going to be patched to add support for nVidia 3D Vision and Surround; and it's not like 3D Vision support was added to DiRT3 either. Oh wait...

Seriously, nVidia can fuck off trying to break PC gaming.
And ATi can stop shooting themselves in the foot with crap drivers, as well as... well... doing the same thing nVidia does with 3D support as you have already said.

Might want to rework your closing line.

15. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 12:31 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 12:29:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 12:26:
So? October is no better for competition.

Sure it is. There are three, heavily-hyped, open-world action games coming out in November: Skyrim, Saints Row 3 and AssCreed Revelations.

You can pretty much guarantee that most gamers will be spending their time and money on Skyrim.
I doubt I'll go near AssCreed, as about an hour was all I needed of the first to get weary of that game, but Skyrim and Saints Row 3 will shut down my other forms of solo-entertainment for at least a month and a half.

Batman can wait until February.
I won't go near AssCreed because of UBI's DRM.

3. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 11:41 necrosis

SHOCK OF SHOCKS!

This shit is so fucking common now its not even news. A more mind blowing development is that the PC version is not getting a CE release. Rolleyes

I find it amazing how people still do not know why PC gamers are pissed off.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2011, 11:47.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2011, 08:42 necrosis

What made the firmware updates "suck"?

Yeah they removed 'Other OS' on the fat systems but other than that whats the issue?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Battles Were Outsourced
24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Battles Were Outsourced Sep 20, 2011, 08:40 necrosis

For those wondering why bosses were outsourced, its not the first time it happened.

IIRC the vehicle game mode in UT2K3/4 was outsourced to a separate group of people.

News Comments > Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games
22. Re: Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games Sep 19, 2011, 10:44 necrosis

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 10:42:
The streaming side is best treated as a back catalogue, I usually just randomly pick something from it and treat it as the equivalent of channel surfing.
Yeah that is the problem for me. I want to see the stuff that just hit DVD not things I have already watched 12 times.

20. Re: Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games Sep 19, 2011, 10:38 necrosis

nin wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 10:36:
necrosis wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 10:23:
DVD's might be dieing but streaming isn't exactly taking off.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/17/netflix-largest-internet-traffic/

True but this is in my view. Every time I go to look through the streaming section I never found anything worth watching.

Yet a friend of mine dumped the DVD side because they stream stuff from Netflix constantly.

15. Re: Netflix Renames DVD Rental Service, Adds Video Games Sep 19, 2011, 10:23 necrosis

DVD's might be dieing but streaming isn't exactly taking off.

40 some odd disks on my Netflix queue, 5 of them have a steaming option.

This is why I dropped the streaming from my account when the prices went up. Knocked my Netflix bill back to the same amount I was paying when I started with the service.

News Comments > Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games
8. Re: Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games Sep 17, 2011, 14:25 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 13:36:
Being from the UK it's interesting that I only ever hear about how terrible Rogers is and have never heard anything good about the company. I'm just glad there is a lot of ISP competition when I am and I don't have to worry about bandwidth caps or throttling, as I couldn't imagine being subject to a bandwidth cap - I download far too much, as I buy all my games through Steam, use Dropbox and watch a lot of streaming media. It's ridiculous that Rogers has download caps on its top tiers; afterall, a 250BG cap on 50MBit kinda defeats the point of having it and you'd easily burn through that in a shared house.

The US and Canada seem to be particularly bad for ISP restrictions, which relates to poor regulatory bodies. British Telecom used to have a monopoly in the UK but it was forced to sell off a lot of its infrastructure to bolster competition.
Yeah the problem in the US is lack of choices. Its worse for me being in an apartment. Its either Comcast or DSL. DSL might not even be an option with how shitty the phoen lines are in my building. Tho I would like to go to FiOS I can not even do that because Verizon **REFUSES** to come into Baltimore City. That or Comcast has some contract to be the only one in the city. I can't remember which.

News Comments > Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games
2. Re: Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games Sep 17, 2011, 12:25 necrosis

What amazes me is how fucking stupid their filtering system is. It would filter a connection if it went over XXXkb/sec (there was one report on this that said what it was but I forget). And apparently they guessed wrong. WoW would spike over that threshold and get throttled, well any game could do this.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway
9. Re: Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway Sep 16, 2011, 13:12 necrosis

Why would I 'Like' something I am not even sure if I will 'Like' till i play the game. But do do that I have to 'Like' it.

CATCH 22

News Comments > Free Portal
2. Re: Free Portal Sep 16, 2011, 11:32 necrosis

I wonder if they fixed the issue with the free versions of Portal being unable to accept addons.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 08:47 necrosis

Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
People use mouse trails?

News Comments > BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony?
16. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 08:41 necrosis

They want to release the beta at the same time yet they fail to do this with the full game over and over again screwing the PC players.

What a crock of shit.

News Comments > EA on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Issues and Refunds
7. Re: EA on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Issues and Refunds Sep 15, 2011, 15:45 necrosis

They need a Tiger Woods version of 'punch a SUV' from the Street Fighter games.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Modes Detailed Sep 15, 2011, 15:43 necrosis

"We support 64 player maps! but only in one gametype"

Not to surprising.

News Comments > EA on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Issues and Refunds
3. Re: EA on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Issues and Refunds Sep 15, 2011, 11:29 necrosis

EA squeezed another turd into a box and called it a game again? Not to surprised.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 11:18 necrosis

MisterBenn wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 10:51:
Not that this will likely affect me, but I still don't understand how you can just add random, unexpected new crap into a TOS and have it be a condition of use. I recall in the past if you didn't accept the TOS of a new purchase you could return it for a refund... that should be possible with changes too! It would keep Sony and anyone else nice and honest. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Semi related: for anyone out there that hasn't seen it - check out the Sony Piece of Shit clip from The Onion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ
It is because there is a clause in any TOS that they can change the TOS at will. Its such a staple in TOS's that its usually the first thing.

But your right. If well after buying something the TOS changes to something you now do not agree with you should be able to return it. Problem is here there is nothing to return. Don't agree? You stop using PSN. Simple as that.

Now if only Sony would fucking fix the KEY FEATURE of PSN+ (the auto update system) which has BEEN BROKEN SINCE THE LAST PATCH (3.70).

News Comments > Dead Island Ships 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide
10. Re: Dead Island Sells 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide Sep 15, 2011, 11:13 necrosis

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:06:
necrosis wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 10:55:
This is starting to remind me of the 360.

Problems out the ass yet it still sells.

Makes me ashamed to be associated with these people.

Except for the part where it got fixed up reasonably quickly and "ashamed to be associated with these people", really? Wow I thought I took this stuff too seriously, you're in a whole other universe there.
The 360 issues were fixed up reasonably quickly? I know people who had to fight with MS to get their systems replaced in the beginning only to get more bum systems. One of them went through 4. Hardly respectable.

Dead Island is the same way. Still need to hack up files to fix or change options that should be in the menu's.

2005 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo