Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
3. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 26, 2011, 11:41 necrosis

So why are you waiting till now to "sort that out" causing a month delay?

Oh right. The Game Director is a console player. That's why. Prolly told the PC people to shut the fuck up or get the fuck out till the console version was 100%.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESRB Rates I Am Alive
1. Re: ESRB Rates I Am Alive Sep 26, 2011, 11:29 necrosis

The words “p*ssy,” “f**k,” and “sh*t” can be heard in the dialogue.
Because using astirck's make the words so much better. Rolleyes

News Comments > The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased
4. Re: The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased Sep 26, 2011, 11:27 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 11:21:
It would also make sense if they're bringing The Witcher 2 to X360 to release the original.
They were going to. It got canned.

http://bit.ly/oIDWL2

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2011, 11:44.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased
2. Re: The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased Sep 26, 2011, 10:53 necrosis

I wouldn't mind a Witcher game with Trish as the lead. I think there is enough Geralt story in her to pull it off.

Taken from darkmorgado's post on Eurogamer:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOwHhmWMvKs
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hztyhVrkx3A
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HEUzpmjnSk

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 26, 2011, 10:36 necrosis

Welcome to the reason I do not zero day/preorder PC games anymore.

I have been burned way to many times on shit games, buggy games, games that flat out don't work to dive in head first like I used to.

Perfect example is Dead Island. So glad I did not preorder that game. Don't think I ever will. Unless it hits some $10 Steam sale.

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
21. Re: Steam Translations Value Estimate Sep 25, 2011, 19:55 necrosis

Anything put in a language outside the region it was made in is a gift.

I am glad the Witcher games and books were translated to English. But if they weren't I sure as hell am not going to piss and moan about it. And I am sure not going to bitch the developer out for not doing it if they don't.

If the fan base wants to do it fine. Valve is under no obligation to pay them. Nor are they under any obligation to translate their games into any other language other than English. Let me rephrase that. Valve is only obligated to translate their games into languages of markets they officially release their games in.

I can not stand it when bloggers like zanfr.fr whip up these stories for no other reason than page hits. I guess they are are taking a page from Fox News.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2011, 20:18.

News Comments > Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter
22. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 23, 2011, 15:17 necrosis

Jdrez wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 13:57:
Nvidia only == worthless mod.

Besides I like the gold.
Worthless for you maybe.

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends
3. Re: NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends Sep 22, 2011, 16:17 necrosis

venomhed wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 16:12:
Its a cycle. The consoles at this stage are ancient and in some cases hurt PC games by having the consoles stick to DX9 which makes prolonged dev periods when PC's can do DX11. So they have to work on both. This really lengthens the dev period of the game, somewhat making the game twice but obviously not as bad.
Your statement would imply they actually put forth the effort. Which obviously they don't.

So why do PC versions come out months after their console counterparts again?

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Expansions Timed PS3 Exclusives
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansions Timed PS3 Exclusives Sep 22, 2011, 15:20 necrosis

I love how more people bitch and moan over the release dates of DLC than the fact there are no mod tools to make our own "DLC".  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arsenal Modes Revealed
9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arsenal Modes Revealed Sep 22, 2011, 15:12 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 14:11:
Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.
To me that sounds like an entirely digital release. Is there going to be a boxed version? Not that I'd want one but it would be a pretty significant shift in strategy.
Its going to be a Steam game anyhow so a boxed copy is moot. It will need Steam to run anyhow. Might as well just download it and screw retail.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Kill Trailer
7. Re: Assassin's Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Kill Trailer Sep 22, 2011, 09:22 necrosis

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 09:14:
AssBro had great multiplayer but unfortunately the MP population hasn't been very steady. I thought it would be a tacked on thing but they really did a good job on making it unique and fun.
Maybe on console. Had issues out the ass on PC. Took 2-3 patches to fix. Ubi changing the port number because they don't know how to follow networking standards. By then it still had issues and no one cared by then.

So basically it might be good but Ubi is such a bag of fail when it comes to PC releases I can not even find out if it is worth it.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Kill Trailer
5. Re: Assassin's Creed: Revelations Multiplayer Kill Trailer Sep 22, 2011, 09:00 necrosis

And the PC version is not even pictured in the end. Or even mentioned at all.  

News Comments > Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games
15. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 21, 2011, 15:05 necrosis

venomhed wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 13:38:
Unreal has always been a piece of crap game right from the very start. It is the Mortal Kombat of FPS shooters, but unlike MK (A great fighting game) Unreal just game off as WWF stupid.

Goodbye, good riddance.

Now, if we can just convince Relic to ditch the stupid as fuck Warhammer franchise and get back to Company or Heroes and Homeworld we could all cheer hurray!

MK a great fighting game? Laugh Laugh Laugh

8. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 21, 2011, 12:48 necrosis

Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 12:22:
Let's dig out Jill of the Jungle and OMF:2097 for their next games. Surely they have a huge cachet with modern audiences, since they came out in...1992 and 1994, respectively. Seeing as those born in 1994 can now fully legitimately buy M-rated games. *sigh*

The world of their Samaritan demo seems pretty sweet, though, wonder if that's some of their new IP, or at least a version of it. I like the Blade-Runner-meets-Prototype vibe, and if next-gen console visuals are up to that standard, it'll be one last grand hurrah for separate gaming devices. After this upcoming generation, it's a solid bet our phones will be more than powerful enough to handle everything, whether on their own screen or hooked up to a flatscreen.
Samaritan demo was nothing more than a demo for their new engine. Not a new game.

4. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 21, 2011, 11:25 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 10:36:
It's ironic that Square Enix, a publisher renowned for its console titles, does a better job of supporting the PC (Deus Ex: Human Revolution) than Epic, a company that pioneered PC gaming. Sad.
Thats kind of a bad example considering the group that worked on DE:HR is the former Eidos group.

SE's group that has always made console games can not port a game to PC to save its life. FFXI and FFXIV are perfect examples. FFXI is over 8 years old and the game crashes if you ALT+TAB. There are a ton of other examples that I just won't get into. Users had to make a windower that hooks the game to make it possible.

As for Gears of War on PC its the same with any developer now. They release it MONTHS or even YEARS after the console version, wonder why sales are shit, and blame it on piracy. Tho I think most of GoW's PC release issues were relating to the virgin GfWL system this is still plagued with issues.

UT3's problem was it was heavily consolised in its release (even if it was mostly just the menus/UI) and was nothing more than UT2K4 with better graphics. Tho UT3 was still ground breaking in two respects. Native support for KB&M on the PS3 and the ability to build mods for the PS3.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 11:21 necrosis

Sooooo. Is the SecuROM wrapper still on the Steam version or did it never have the SecuROM wrapper?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta This Month
12. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta This Month Sep 20, 2011, 13:30 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 10:24:
So the game won't run on XP or Direct X 9?

Isn't the xbox dx9?
I can't wait till games require x64.

News Comments > PC Arkham City Delayed Until November
20. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 13:28 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 13:24:
Obviously nVidia needs more time to break compatibility with AMD cards. Afterall, it's not like anti-aliasing is an expected features that 99% of all games include out-of-the-box. Or perhaps they need to add further PhysX support, as obviously there's no way they could opt for a physics solution that supports BOTH of the main GPU providers.

But then AMD pulls the same shit as well, right? I mean, it's not like Deus Ex: Human Revolution (an AMD supported title) is going to be patched to add support for nVidia 3D Vision and Surround; and it's not like 3D Vision support was added to DiRT3 either. Oh wait...

Seriously, nVidia can fuck off trying to break PC gaming.
And ATi can stop shooting themselves in the foot with crap drivers, as well as... well... doing the same thing nVidia does with 3D support as you have already said.

Might want to rework your closing line.

15. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 12:31 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 12:29:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 12:26:
So? October is no better for competition.

Sure it is. There are three, heavily-hyped, open-world action games coming out in November: Skyrim, Saints Row 3 and AssCreed Revelations.

You can pretty much guarantee that most gamers will be spending their time and money on Skyrim.
I doubt I'll go near AssCreed, as about an hour was all I needed of the first to get weary of that game, but Skyrim and Saints Row 3 will shut down my other forms of solo-entertainment for at least a month and a half.

Batman can wait until February.
I won't go near AssCreed because of UBI's DRM.

3. Re: PC Arkham City Delayed Until November Sep 20, 2011, 11:41 necrosis

SHOCK OF SHOCKS!

This shit is so fucking common now its not even news. A more mind blowing development is that the PC version is not getting a CE release. Rolleyes

I find it amazing how people still do not know why PC gamers are pissed off.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2011, 11:47.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo