Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2005 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale
4. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale Oct 4, 2011, 14:04 necrosis

I did the unheard of... I Googled it!

Surprisingly it is free on 360 (wonder how Valve pulled that off). 1.3GB to boot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale
1. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale Oct 4, 2011, 13:55 necrosis

Free for consoles as well?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 18:43 necrosis

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 17:09:
So you use inverted mouse in flight sims and non-inverted in other games?

Then you must have some kind of superior brain. Like those people who are equally good with both hands ...
Yeah actually I do. Well the first line anyhow. Can't write with my left hand for shit. Grandmother could do both but she was born a lefty but in school was FORCED to write with her right hand because that's what they were taught.

Anything that my brain sees as 'flying' makes me pull the mouse back (towards me) to go up and forward (away from me) to go down. But in FPS, 3rd person games I pull the mouse towards me to look/aim down and push away from me to look/aim up.

I would have ditched games like Battlefield years ago if they did not have independent options for if you were in a flying vehicle or not.

Hell now because if FFXI I have to invert left/right movement in 3rd person games (Uncharted) but leave them as default when I go into first person (aiming). FFXI's left/right look by default is biased on where the camera is not where your looking. So when you move the stick to the left you look right and vice versa. Opposite of like... everything else. I played the game so much over 8-9 years it is burned into my brain now. But after playing for a hour I can get used to the norm again. Its not really an issue.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:54 necrosis

Inverted aim? Its a FPS/3rd person game not a flight sim.

Retarded people have their heads on inverted.

News Comments > PC Piracy and DRM Analysis
11. Re: PC Piracy and DRM Analysis Sep 30, 2011, 21:43 necrosis

"Consumers are right to complain about DRM, since it impacts both legitimate and illegitimate users,"
No Pachter, you moronic toolbag. DRM only impacts legitimate users. Pirates don't give a shit because its cracked in days and now do not have to worry about your DRM servers going down because some fat fuck intern spilled his ramen on a router.

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin
7. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Sep 30, 2011, 21:35 necrosis

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:27:
This is part of the reason I bought from Amazon for release day delivery. 25 gigs is a big chunk out of my Comcast bandwidth cap...

Oh, and I get a $10 credit, plugging the key into Steam anyway.
25GB of 250GB? What do you do with the other 225GB?

Bedsides its the end of the month. Caps roll over tomorrow.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed?
8. Re: PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed? Sep 30, 2011, 11:19 necrosis

baltar wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 09:28:
I guess they are busy sourcing additional servers for their always on DRM fuckery.
Nah. They are outsourcing the boss fights.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed?
3. Re: PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed? Sep 29, 2011, 22:07 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 20:50:
If it's only delayed a month I would be super surprised. The first three came out 4-6 months later on PC.
Srsly... wasent 2 delayed like 3 times making it 6 months late?

As for PC versions being delayed at the LAST SECOND... this is hardly a shock.

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
61. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2011, 15:51 necrosis

External server browsers are so 1998.

We go from having to use QuakeSpy to ingame server browsers back out to a webpage? This isn't QuakeLive. The game needs a ingame browser.

As for the alt+tab and alt+f4 being a acceptable method why don't we just end task the game while we are at it? Rolleyes

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
37. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 08:43 necrosis

The sniper rifle in any form is usless in DE:HR. It is no where near as useful as it was in DE1. The areas just are not open enough to make it any easier than just getting up close and doing hand-to-hand or with one of your other weapons.

Not once did I wish I had a suppressed sniper rifle over a suppressed pistol with the AP upgrade. Laser sight on top of those just made it a joke. The sniper rifle in DE1 was invaluable.

Also the fact that you have PERFECT aim with scoped weapons from the get-go is just stupid. I liked how you had to upgrade that in DE1. Yes the scope bobed in a predictable pattern so you could still headshot but it make things a bit more realistic.

News Comments > On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations
13. Re: On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations Sep 28, 2011, 13:44 necrosis

Halo wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 13:37:
necrosis wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 13:29:
People are pissing and moaning over a one time activation? Do these fuckheads even play anything other than farmville on their PC's?

One time activation online is tame as shit compared to what else is out there. This whole thing is so stupid it makes my head hurt.

It was harder to pull out your manual turn to page X and find word 46
Seriously. I love the people who are like 'My internet connection isn't good! Im on dialup!"... really? If your connection is so bad you can't connect for 30 seconds to authorize your copy you have serious issues.

News Comments > On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations
11. Re: On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations Sep 28, 2011, 13:29 necrosis

People are pissing and moaning over a one time activation? Do these fuckheads even play anything other than farmville on their PC's?

One time activation online is tame as shit compared to what else is out there. This whole thing is so stupid it makes my head hurt.

News Comments > Documentary Uses Arma2 for Fake Footage
15. Re: Documentary Uses Arma2 for Fake Footage Sep 27, 2011, 15:11 necrosis

Reminds me of this: http://bit.ly/nWeBTd  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes
11. Re: The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes Sep 27, 2011, 13:17 necrosis

Hay.. HAY! All of you so called PC game developers... do it like this!

Will buy Witcher 2 a second time (like I did with Witcher 1) when this comes out so I have it on Steam as well.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis Sep 27, 2011, 10:17 necrosis

Their report is already lost on me because they seam to have considered Crysis 2's graphics on par with Crysis.

and answer the burning question of Can an Intel dual core laptop with AMD discrete GPU run BF3?
No the more buring question is can a i7 laptop with nVidia discrete GPU run BF3.

News Comments > More on PC Arkham City
1. Re: More on PC Arkham City Sep 27, 2011, 10:15 necrosis

I love how PC gaming has gone from things people expect to "ZOMG! LOOK WHAT WE ADDED FOR YOU!".

Pathetic.

Is the delay worth the wait?
No. It never is when this should have been factored into the development time so it comes out at the same time as the console version. Heaven forbid the console version comes out later. Or better yet learn how to fucking time manage so they, as i said above, come out at the same time!

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2011, 10:22.

News Comments > Dead Island Director's Cut Mod
3. Re: Dead Island Director's Cut Mod Sep 27, 2011, 09:26 necrosis

Only FOV 80? It should be around 100 for widescreen displays.  

News Comments > On De_Dust Changes for Counter-Strike: Global Operations
4. Re: On De-Dust Changes for Counter-Strike: Global Operations Sep 27, 2011, 09:25 necrosis

JayDeath wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 08:44:
Counter Strike was so wonderful way back in the beta days before the netcode was in place. Back then, it was all about LPBs. If you had nice rig and a good connection, you could just dominate. Plus, there were so many fantastic maps back then too that I miss.
I remember those days playing Q2. I had a Cable Modem back in 1997-98. Nothing like having a sub 100 ping when average was 150-250.

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
34. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 27, 2011, 08:46 necrosis

Fletch wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 20:36:
"If you do have a super powerful high-end PC, you are going to see higher detail textures"

Am I the only one who has "higher detail textures" near the bottom of their "Console Port Bitch List"? I don't understand why PC gamers give that such a priority, or why developers throw it out there as if it was. My list is almost entirely gameplay and interface issues.
I will second this. If the game is imposable to play because of horrible UI and control whats the point of high rez textures?

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
27. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 26, 2011, 14:28 necrosis

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 14:08:
I don't know, I think when the PC gaming industry still refuses refunds that everyone has a valid right to bitch about technical problems even if there is a workaround. I remember being furious when I couldn't use my bought and paid for DLC for FO3. Sure there were workarounds eventually but I was literally forced to pirate something I had already paid for instead. There's nothing redeeming about the GFWL interface, it doesn't bring anything to the product. I agree that it shouldn't overshadow what a kickass game Arkham City will likely be however.

I hope that the game is as well done a port as the first game and that GFWL just leaves me the fuck alone
GFWL and FO3 is the poster child of how much GFWL sucks a pile of shit.

Oh whats that? You installed your game to a drive other than C:? Oh well, your DLC won't work then!

2005 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo