Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return
8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return Oct 14, 2011, 13:47 necrosis

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 13:37:
Well they consider it playable now, after a year. Many of the friends that had looked forward to this game are still playing XI and have really no intention of moving back to this game, especially with a sub.
Everyone I know IRL was going to wait for the PS3 release as they don't have PC's that can even remotely run the game (wanted to stay on PC as they all play FFXI on PC).

The shitstorm after release and my words of how god damned pathetic the beta was (i was in on the very first invite batches, saw the horrors from day one) pushed them away to a point I don't think they will ever play at this point.

I still say after the complete fuckup that was FFXIV's release they should have gutted XIV and used its engine for a XI upgrade. XI, a game that is still doing ok (tho it is dropping off).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Co-op Trailer
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-op Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 08:43 necrosis

Prez wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 22:43:
God, I hope "Online Pass" for consoles doesn't translate to "Always Online" for PC. I have a sinking feeling it will, however.
Does not matter. If EA does not get the stick out of its ass about Valve's policies, in tern this game wont be on Steam, I am not buying it.

News Comments > Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed
7. Re: Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed Oct 11, 2011, 12:53 necrosis

Paketep wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 11:09:
Does the Collector's Edition have offline single player and offline LAN support?. Because otherwise it's as useless as the Standard Edition.
Nah it comes with a free Internet you can carry around with you. But the problem is it is as big as mid 90's laptops.

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Revival
25. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 09:30 necrosis

Al Lowe or GTFO.  

News Comments > "No Firm Decision" Yet on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM
18. Re: Oct 10, 2011, 08:43 necrosis

Wolfen wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 17:42:
-no firm decision on buying or not-
LOL. I was about to say something to that effect.

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
31. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 15:29 necrosis

JaguarUSF wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 12:07:
necrosis wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 11:02:
How are you to beta test something then you don't have the most up to date code?

The sole purpose of this beta is to test the netcode and servers. That's it.
So if they want us to test netcode and the servers while aggravating us with old assed code that has a TON of other bugs? Yeah, that makes sense.

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
5. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 11:02 necrosis

While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.
Isn't the point of a beta to fix bugs then release the patches so those can be tested? Also so people do not keep going 'this shit is broke' when there is already a fix?

Damned idiots. How are you to beta test something then you don't have the most up to date code? Trust with the term 'it will be fixed in the final release' is at a all time low with PC games. Especially with you DICE.

News Comments > Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming?
28. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 6, 2011, 15:07 necrosis

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 14:49:
Has anyone here actually used OnLive? It just seems to me that it would either be incredibly laggy, of low visual fidelity, or both. I can see high latency games on a platform like this, but nothing of the action vein.

If someone has experience with this, do tell.
Well the reviews I have seen say there is noticeable lag. It also is VERY bandwidth hungry.

16. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 6, 2011, 12:23 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 12:18:
necrosis wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 11:51:
Cloud gaming. What a joke. The only thing it lets me do is game at work (on my POS laptop or my POS work computer) which I should not be doing anyhow.

I have a true rig at home for real gaming.

What if it let you play something with Rage quality graphics on your tablet or phone?
I can play games with Rage quality graphics on my iPhone/Pad. Drummer

13. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 6, 2011, 11:51 necrosis

Cloud gaming. What a joke. The only thing it lets me do is game at work (on my POS laptop or my POS work computer) which I should not be doing anyhow.

I have a true rig at home for real gaming.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
42. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 10:27 necrosis

So they are (possibly) releasing a game that has "meh" reviews and not one that has stellar reviews.

Logic is lost.

23. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 00:47 necrosis

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 23:58:
necrosis wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 23:42:
And they will charge $60 for it when it finally comes out on PC because its "NEW".

If ROCKSTAR themselves ported RDR to the PC with all the content for 60 bucks I'd buy it on the day of release.
Sorry but no. There is no way I can spend $50-60 on a game that comes out MONTHS after consoles anymore because its "new". Only to then usually get shafted buy DRM or their pathetic "we had to delay the game for PC enhancements" bullshit.

Already dumped my Batman:AC preorder. Will pick it up when the price tanks around Christmas.

18. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 5, 2011, 23:42 necrosis

And they will charge $60 for it when it finally comes out on PC because its "NEW".  

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
16. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 16:08 necrosis

http://bit.ly/rjJxDb

I think thats what you need to run this thing.

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
7. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 15:24 necrosis

Hurrr! Take away graphic options and put in a broken 'auto detect' system! Fantastic!  

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
92. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 14:35 necrosis

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 13:57:
It does do something amazingly spectacular. Tried to run it on my box at work, which has two graphics cards in it. An FX4800 and an FX580, both of which power one monitor. (Hey, it's a box I cobbled together from spare parts.)

Every single game I play simply defaults to the FX4800, which is connected to a 30" monitor.

Rage, however, seems to only want to play on the FX580, which powers a 22" monitor. Try as I may, I can't get it to play on the graphics card that's 90 times more powerful. (other than disabling the FX580, I guess.)

Errr, okay, John Carmack. I'm glad you're doing all the auto-detecting for me, I guess?

Edit : Disabling the 580 does force it to the 4800. However, I basically have no graphics. I see part of the skybox, and a few black outlines and that's it. Strange.

Guess this will have to wait until I get home.

Creston
Friend has an issue like this because he has a dedicated PhysX card. Game is running off the POS PhysX card not his 580.

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale
4. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale Oct 4, 2011, 14:04 necrosis

I did the unheard of... I Googled it!

Surprisingly it is free on 360 (wonder how Valve pulled that off). 1.3GB to boot.

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale
1. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale Oct 4, 2011, 13:55 necrosis

Free for consoles as well?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 18:43 necrosis

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 17:09:
So you use inverted mouse in flight sims and non-inverted in other games?

Then you must have some kind of superior brain. Like those people who are equally good with both hands ...
Yeah actually I do. Well the first line anyhow. Can't write with my left hand for shit. Grandmother could do both but she was born a lefty but in school was FORCED to write with her right hand because that's what they were taught.

Anything that my brain sees as 'flying' makes me pull the mouse back (towards me) to go up and forward (away from me) to go down. But in FPS, 3rd person games I pull the mouse towards me to look/aim down and push away from me to look/aim up.

I would have ditched games like Battlefield years ago if they did not have independent options for if you were in a flying vehicle or not.

Hell now because if FFXI I have to invert left/right movement in 3rd person games (Uncharted) but leave them as default when I go into first person (aiming). FFXI's left/right look by default is biased on where the camera is not where your looking. So when you move the stick to the left you look right and vice versa. Opposite of like... everything else. I played the game so much over 8-9 years it is burned into my brain now. But after playing for a hour I can get used to the norm again. Its not really an issue.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:54 necrosis

Inverted aim? Its a FPS/3rd person game not a flight sim.

Retarded people have their heads on inverted.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo