Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 1998 (Pro)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
50. Re: Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development Nov 1, 2011, 14:33 necrosis

Looks like EA spent some time programing Origin to snoop around your computer as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TAZ-HN9cOk&

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
5. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 10:56 necrosis

Timeout Detection and Recovery

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx

EDIT: Gah Morgan19 beat me to it. Your Google-Fu is greater than mine.

News Comments > Domains Reveal Rainbow Six: Patriots
16. Re: Domains Reveal Rainbow Six: Patriots Oct 30, 2011, 11:11 necrosis

Ventura wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 05:29:
Ok so Vegas pissed a lot of people off, what with the whole "crouch behind cover but still see" thing, but I enjoyed it.
A lot more than that pissed people off with Vegas.

God I want another RvS.

News Comments > Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld
10. Re: Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld Oct 26, 2011, 13:28 necrosis

Frijoles wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 10:36:
Great, now he has some cash to make a new UO type game. Or go to space.
I hope he goes into space and does not come back.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2011, 11:35 necrosis

Console users come to Blues? This is new.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 11:34 necrosis

Will get it when its on Steam... o wait.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Teaser
1. Re: StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Teaser Oct 23, 2011, 18:56 necrosis

I'd hit it.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs
3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 11:57 necrosis

Hate it when they use processor model numbers instead of saying "Dual core 3.0GHz". Now i have to go look up what the fuck a E6600 is.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 11:45 necrosis

I have already basically written off ME3 because of Origin and their sandy vag when it comes to Steam..

I am just waiting for the announcement that ME3 single player will require internet access either full time or at least at the launch of the game as I have zero interest in the online part.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: QR Code Oct 20, 2011, 08:39 necrosis

QR code is failing because most of the people in the US are to stupid to know what it is. Let alone install an app that uses it.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Oct 19, 2011, 12:11 necrosis

deadearth wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 08:59:
necrosis wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 08:46:
I heard the DLC was released. Went to DX:HR's DLC page and could not find it. Dug around for a link and finally found one.

Why the fuck is it a separate entry on the steam list?

That is dumb, but I believe it might have to do with the fact that the dlc itself has achievements. Correct me if i'm wrong but with most other games that get dlc, their achievements get pushed up to the base game. For some reason they didn't do that with this dlc. I think they need to revamp their dlc/achievement system.
I mostly hate it because it would be nice if it was dropped into the main game. Like if you had the DLC and started at the beginning and go to the "I'm going off the grid." part it dumped you in the DLC. Once done the DLC you continued on with the original game.

I can see the benefits of it being separate but... sorry its just stupid.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Oct 19, 2011, 08:46 necrosis

I heard the DLC was released. Went to DX:HR's DLC page and could not find it. Dug around for a link and finally found one.

Why the fuck is it a separate entry on the steam list?

News Comments > DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"
34. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta Oct 17, 2011, 13:41 necrosis

Bhruic wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 13:14:
Yes how dare people make decisions based on actual play experience, they should observe the version number at all times and instead imagine what retail will be like.

I have no problem with people who have decided to cancel pre-orders based on the beta, so this isn't really aimed at you, just using your quote. There's nothing wrong with deciding to wait to see what the final version is like, and whether they've cleared up a lot of issues with the beta. My only beef is with the people who are concluding the final version is going to "suck" based on the beta. And in that area, Darks is right - none of us have seen the final. Taking a wait-and-see attitude is fine, but it'd be nice if people would lay off the pre-judging. Judge the final product by the actual final product, not conjecture about what it'll be like.
Looks like I will type something afterall:

Here is the problem. Dice does not have a good track record when it comes to good releases. This alone lowers my chances of getting the game at launch. Combined with what they have shown me with this demo beta the chance of me buying it is even lower.

There is also some back story you need from me. I was in the FFXIV alpha and beta from day one. Look how that turned out. The entire experience has made me a bit more leery about buying games at launch especially when the pre release (alpha/beta/demo) is piss poor. The dev team not listening to their users. Bugs never getting fixed. That sort of thing. Not to mention how PC users have been getting shit on over the last 10 years.

You can also tack on my distaste of Origin and lack of Steam purchase.

With all that the final version could come with 72 female virgins and a lifetime supply of Iron Forge dick pills and I still would not get it at launch.

32. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta Oct 17, 2011, 13:34 necrosis

Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 12:59:

To me thatís absurd logic. Your choice on buying it or not, but basing a decision on what you think you saw does not make any sense at all.

"What you think you saw" is probably the most hilarious thing I've seen posted in awhile. Yes how dare people make decisions based on actual play experience, they should observe the version number at all times and instead imagine what retail will be like. They treated it like a demo, not a beta. Second, most people don't give a shit about the SP game so obviously they would base their decision on how the multiplayer plays. EA isn't doing a "demo" at release so this is what people have to go on, if it confusing why people are deciding whether or not to buy the game then you aren't thinking hard enough.
/me gives Verno a cookie for typing my reply for me.

20. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta Oct 17, 2011, 12:30 necrosis

qsto wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 12:16:
Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 10:59:
It was definitely useful to me, I decided to skip the game based on the beta
I'll just leave this here...
If that is true why did Dice leave the testers with a hideously old code base causing people to think the game is a unpolished turd? It just defies logic to me.

News Comments > Project Zomboid Code Theft
32. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 17, 2011, 07:24 necrosis

Ventura wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 06:16:
Sounds like you were doing the EXACT thing they did

Except for my taking my laptop with me, you mean? Way to miss the point.

I'm not as concerned during the weekend, because there's usually always someone here, but thanks for your concern.
Your laptop is with you 100% of the time and never in the same physical proximity as your desktop?

How you back your data up is up to you but don't criticize other people when your doing the same thing.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations 3D Revelation
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations 3D Revelation Oct 15, 2011, 02:48 necrosis

/me scratches head.

When did 360 get 3D support?

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return
8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return Oct 14, 2011, 13:47 necrosis

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 13:37:
Well they consider it playable now, after a year. Many of the friends that had looked forward to this game are still playing XI and have really no intention of moving back to this game, especially with a sub.
Everyone I know IRL was going to wait for the PS3 release as they don't have PC's that can even remotely run the game (wanted to stay on PC as they all play FFXI on PC).

The shitstorm after release and my words of how god damned pathetic the beta was (i was in on the very first invite batches, saw the horrors from day one) pushed them away to a point I don't think they will ever play at this point.

I still say after the complete fuckup that was FFXIV's release they should have gutted XIV and used its engine for a XI upgrade. XI, a game that is still doing ok (tho it is dropping off).

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Co-op Trailer
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-op Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 08:43 necrosis

Prez wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 22:43:
God, I hope "Online Pass" for consoles doesn't translate to "Always Online" for PC. I have a sinking feeling it will, however.
Does not matter. If EA does not get the stick out of its ass about Valve's policies, in tern this game wont be on Steam, I am not buying it.

News Comments > Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed
7. Re: Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed Oct 11, 2011, 12:53 necrosis

Paketep wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 11:09:
Does the Collector's Edition have offline single player and offline LAN support?. Because otherwise it's as useless as the Standard Edition.
Nah it comes with a free Internet you can carry around with you. But the problem is it is as big as mid 90's laptops.

1998 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo