Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2005 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
3. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 10:13 necrosis

PC GAMING IS DIEING!!!!!ONEONE!!!!ELEVEN!!

Oh wait. These numbers are misleading. Oh well. Like the publishers/developers care. Rolleyes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Assassin's Creed Revelations [Updated]
1. Re: Ships Ahoy: Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 15, 2011, 10:07 necrosis

I thought the PC version was delayed?

Amazon is saying Nov 29th: http://amzn.to/tCz1Oi

Steam does not even have a date: http://store.steampowered.com/app/201870/

News Comments > Previously on Assassin's Creed
5. Re: Previously on Assassin's Creed Nov 15, 2011, 08:25 necrosis

ROFL! Blocked.

Guess I need to be online to watch it... wait... what?

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
10. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 22:40 necrosis

Wait. A flashlight is bright enough in the DAY TIME to blind someone to the point they can not aim properly when the light is more than 2 feet away?

It really has to be the light of the almighty. Because there is no way in hell a flashlight should screw your vision up that much any further than 2 feet away. And at that point your better off beating them with it.

News Comments > EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans?
8. Re: EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans? Nov 14, 2011, 10:31 necrosis

WarpCrow wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 10:12:
I wonder what excuse will be given by the Origin Defense Brigade for this particular embarrassment. Valve might VAC ban you or ban you from the forums, but it takes a lot to actually be banned from your Steam account (a chargeback, fraud, cheating Valve in some way), and even then you can still play offline AFAIK.
Yeah Steam Forums are completely independent to your Steam account. This may have changed however but I remember having to sign up separately for a forum account even tho I had a Steam account for years. While you can 'link' them it is not a hard link.

News Comments > Skyrim Versus ThreatFire
18. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Nov 13, 2011, 21:20 necrosis

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 19:50:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 18:38:
Frankly I'm not sure why anyone would be using anything other than Security Essentials at this point. It's free, and it has an extremely light memory footprint.

"It's free" is your first clue that it should be avoided. Anyone who uses a program simply because it is free, needs their head examined.
Stay away.

Just like theatfire (basic version is free) and they are quoting a 2008 review on their web page. Being cheap, puts you and your system at risk.
I will make sure to avoid Apache/PHP/MySQL and use IIS/ASP/MSSQL.

News Comments > Skyrim Versus ThreatFire
9. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Nov 13, 2011, 18:23 necrosis

A small part of me wonders why this is a shock. For years we have been told to disable AV software when installing programs because of how they can cause issues. Its exactly the same with running them. The first thing I look at when serious issues happen with software is the AV software. Remove that shit or do a fresh install exactly the same but without the AV software and see how things go.

But the other part of me says I have only had one real issue with AV software screwing with things. Diablo II was the only game, that when installing, I had to disable my AV software otherwise it would take 50 times as long to do so. Yeah, all it did was severely slow down the install. After installed there were no issues. Because of this (as i assume others have never had issues with AV software screwing with programs) I can see how some can overlook this problem.

News Comments > 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online
6. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 22:50 necrosis

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 17:43:
Can't believe so many people did that huge download. I started it until I realized how big it was and then canceled.
Not everyone is on dial-up like yourself.

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
38. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 23:24 necrosis

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 15:22:
Sorry, I was joking. I got Cata the day it came out. Within a month or two, I was done. The game changed from what used to be fun, yet sometimes tedious to just tedious all the time.
WoW is tedious? Buhahhahaahahha!!!

Sorry that is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I never got into the game because it was such a easy, casual gamer, boring, pile of shit. Why do you think people made jokes like 'you can level up 3 times by just dropping your mouse'.

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham City This Month
20. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 20:20 necrosis

Sempai wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 19:08:
necrosis wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 18:24:
WTF?! Its delayed **AGAIN**?!

First same day release. Then NOV 15th. Now NOV 22nd.

About to just buy this damned thing on PS3.

And that's exactly what they want you to do.
And I am trying to resist. But game after game coming out late (even as much as a day tho the track record is a few months) makes it harder to wait for the PC version especially when it is not a FPS game (I just CAN NOT play FPS games with a controller).

16. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 18:27 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 12:54:
mlw wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 12:51:
Sorry, but the developers screwed up on this one. If it was available when the console versions were, I would have bought it at premium pricing.

Skyrim will monopolize my PC gaming time up until SWTOR is out (and longer perhaps). I have no time for Arkham City until maybe some time next year. I will be buying it a bargain prices then.

So you're saying they should have launched with the consoles even though it wasn't ready and would have been buggy, or that they should have launched all 3 platforms on November 22nd when everyone everywhere is playing Skyrim and MW3 and waiting for this to hit the bargain bins?
There is no reason it should not have been completely done at the same time they released it on console.

NO ONE can seam to properly schedule PC development time so all versions are out on the same date. Oh wait... no one gives two shits about PC gaming anymore.

15. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 18:24 necrosis

WTF?! Its delayed **AGAIN**?!

First same day release. Then NOV 15th. Now NOV 22nd.

About to just buy this damned thing on PS3.

News Comments > Australian R18+ Final Guidelines
20. Re: Australian R18+ Final Guidelines Nov 4, 2011, 14:36 necrosis

Are people here that thick headed?

Simulation = GTA3. Guy and hooker get in car. All you see is the car bouncing up and down and the windows fogging up. You know whats happening it is just not outright shown.

Real Thing = Outright showing two people fucking.

Drug use related to incentives and rewards is not permitted.
So I guess the idiotic censorship of Fallout 3 and the "morphine" would have still run afoul of this rule as it acts like a 'incentive'.

So yeah. Again. This rating would not get the GTA games off the hook or a bunch of others. Mostly because of the vague as shit "offensive to a reasonable adult".

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation</p> <ul> <li><a href= Nov 4, 2011, 14:22 necrosis

avianflu wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 10:58:
I am surprised how very very similar Uncharted 3 is to 2. Looks like the same assets were used. Same gameplay mechanics.
Must be playing on a SDTV.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 3, 2011, 23:52 necrosis

Award shows in general are a total sham.  

News Comments > PAX East Registration
1. Re: PAX East Registration Nov 3, 2011, 23:45 necrosis

Well looks like PAX is locked into Boston from now on. So much for ever going to one.

Would think they would pick a more sensible location on the East Coast like, I don't know, somewhere in the middle? Not to mention stupid expensive hotels. I don't remember paying ~$180+ for rooms at Otakon.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Local anger as GPS boosts Hollywood sign tourist influx. Nov 3, 2011, 23:43 necrosis

Did they use Mac Speak or Siri to deliver that news cast?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
42. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 16:19 necrosis

EddieTheHack wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 13:29:
...treating it like every other christian does: An EULA - just scroll to the bottom and click accept without ever comprehending a thing.
That is the single best example I have ever heard.

You sir win a internet.

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes
16. Re: More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes Nov 2, 2011, 18:12 necrosis

1) I like how this is a big deal. It means people actually cared about the game. If it was a "shitty console port" no one would have given a rats ass about the boss fights.

2) The boss fights were hard? Really? And I am talking about *NOT* using typhoon to kill them as I never did my first play through. Shotgun only as I never used it anywhere else in the game so I had tons of ammo for it. First boss took a few tries. Other two only once. I guess I play FPS games to much or something.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin?
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 15:15 necrosis

Dev wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 14:38:
necrosis wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 14:23:
Disk checks? The last game I played with a disk check was Diablo II. Also the last game I had that Daemon Tools alone could spoof the disk requirement. Just made a ISO and scripts to load it when it launched.
I hear that the professional version of DT still works with far more modern disk checks.
Humm might check it out. I have some older games that I play every so often where the developer hasent removed the disk check.

2005 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo