Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:11 necrosis

Woo! Paying for maps that are long overdue that we once got for free via user created content!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
32. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 28, 2011, 09:50 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 19:12:
Eh? The whole point of the UI is to make it so you never have to take your hands off WASD and the mouse.

Except for the fact that you have to press Enter to confirm a lot of things. Or press Tab to bring up the general menu overlay. Or press J to check your journal. Or press P to check your spells. Or press T to wait. Or press T to recharge enchanted weapons. Or press E to interact with things. Or press R to pick up everything. Or press / to check your skills and perks. Or press Q to bring up the "quick select" inventory.

Skyrim's UI wasn't designed to be efficient with mouse and keyboard. If it were, they would have added scroll bars because every single menu involves scrolling. And they would have supported PgUp/PgDn/Home/End to make this scrolling less tedious. And they would have allowed me to hotkey 10 items, not 8. And I would be able to hotkey these items directly from the inventory, rather than having to mark them as favorites, then hotkey them from the "quick" menu.

I have to imagine that anyone who actually likes Skyrim's UI doesn't do alchemy. Because the amount of scrolling I have to do just to make potions is ridiculous.
The UI is horrible trash designed for a controller. Realized this after playing for about 30 seconds. It is the one thing that keeps me from playing this game for 3+ hour sessions like I did with the Witcher games. The UI just drives me mad after a while and feels like I am fighting the game itself to just play.

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2011, 09:44 necrosis

Give us something with the impact, scope, and craftsmanship of a Battlefield 3 and the business model of a Ghost Recon Online.
No thank you. I do not want anything like Ghost Recon Online and its F2P model.

I want games that are not shovelware. I want games that WORK AT LAUNCH. I want games that are not delayed for months just to please console sales. I want games where we are not nickle and dimed with DLC that should come with the game and having to pay for dedicated servers when we already have the hardware and bandwidth to host games ourselves. I want the ability to modify my game how I see fit.

News Comments > South Korea's Gaming Curfew
6. Re: South Korea's Gaming Curfew Nov 23, 2011, 14:22 necrosis

"Internet Addiction"? There is such a thing?

Its just a form of entertainment. I don't watch TV for shit because I am always on my computer. Because... I don't know... it is also what pays the bills as I work in the IT field.

Also would they rather have the kids joining gang's and doing other more violent things? Because that is basically what they would do.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 14:19 necrosis

SLi is broken.
DX11 is broken.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
55. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 22, 2011, 09:51 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 08:27:
I see a lot of people complaining about the game breaking LAA support but a lot of the criticism seems to be aimed at the 2GB restriction of 32bit processes, when in fact Skyrim typically uses about 1GB of RAM - no doubt due to the optimizations made for consoles. If LAA reduces the number of crashes then it isn't because the game is coming across the RAM ceiling.
While yes the hate might be misdirected, a fix is a fix. This LAA hack was making a once unstable as hell game play perfectly fine. It is also a fix the end user can do.

News Comments > DC Universe Online F2P Data
4. Re: DC Universe Online F2P Data Nov 22, 2011, 09:43 necrosis

Now if they only use that money to increase server power so I don't have to wait 30 min in a queue every time I want to log in.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition Detailed
10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition Detailed Nov 19, 2011, 15:29 necrosis

Dirwulf wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 01:44:
I'm sure Steam will have a similar offer.
If it ever comes to Steam.

News Comments > More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records
4. Re: More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records Nov 17, 2011, 11:24 necrosis

ochentay4 wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:05:
Im not a CoD fanboy, but boy, the singleplayer campaign its gooood. Multiplayer will probably be the same as CoDMW2 and BO but it is good nevertheless. No surprise the game sells like hotcakes.
CoD single player good? LOL. I guess your the kind of person who likes Epic Movie.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
47. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 09:10 necrosis

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 09:03:

I still can not believe I paid $60 for a Fallout 3 TC.

It really has nothing in common with Fallout 3 so I have no idea where this comes from. They are both sandbox games, that's about it. It's like saying you paid $60 for a GTA TC. The UI isn't good but with some mouse sensitivity fixes I've been able to work with it.
I don't know. Just that after struggling through the opening bits to me it just felt like a reskinned Fallout 3. I understand the point of leaving some things the same so they are familer to people who played their previous games but come on.

Lockpicking is the same. Pain sound/visual effects are the same. Ambiance in the caves in during the opening just feels exactly the same as fallout. The stupid random 'kill cam' crap is the same. All stuff I experienced in 15 min and severely put me off making it feel as if I paid $60 for something people used to make in their basements. Shit... the people who made TC's in their basement made better UI's!

46. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 09:04 necrosis

Vio wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 03:17:
On the UI - really the PC implementation is pis poor, clicking on chat options register as not clicking on them, mouse wheel scrolling is erratic, selecting items to sell or changing categories drop you straight our at random as if you clicked off the sell menu or hit tab, and navigating proficiency trees are just idiotic how it at random decides to go to the wrong point or a different tree..., also why is scrolling through the skills so SLOW, and why can't we sort our loot by value/weight/damage/armor class/type? - Having to scroll through all your stuff to find out these things a simple sort would do is ridiculous. Binding Items/powers directly to keys and have mwheel scroll through them? I like the Favorites menu as a extra, but not the overriding 'lord' that it imposes itself to 1-8 shortcuts (WHICH ARE BUGGED because they unbind themselves at random).

I know mods will probably fix these things, but really..., these are glaring UI bugs and plainly expected reasonable "normal" features.

Still a great game, but UI bugs detract/frustrate the most in my opinion.
I am just commenting on this because these are all things I can not stand with the game. To the point, at least for me, it makes the game unplayable. I have never played a game on PC that has had this level of consolitis when it comes to the UI.

44. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 08:58 necrosis

I still can not believe I paid $60 for a Fallout 3 TC.

Not to mention the one massive bug the game has that will likely never get fixed... the horrible consolised UI. I basically shelved the game because of this alone. Just got completely sick of fighting with the thing.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Updated
4. Re: DC Universe Online Updated Nov 16, 2011, 10:07 necrosis

Ant wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 09:28:
Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 22:21:
Holy shiznit, 962 meg patch!
How big is the download and installation with this patch? I am thinking of trying the game out for free.
Base install is 14GB.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 15:47 necrosis

Sphinx wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:39:
A gentle reminder that Saints Row: The Third follows Saints Row 2. I only mention this as an excuse to re-post probably the finest video game review ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsiNsdqSits
I&#65279; like the part where the guy kicks that guy in the balls.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Assassin's Creed Revelations [Updated]
9. Re: Ships Ahoy: Assassin's Creed Revelations [Updated] Nov 15, 2011, 15:42 necrosis

saluk wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 14:54:
They are really starting to Guitar Hero the series.
Um. No they aren't. Its a continued storyline and the game series is far from being "milked" like Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell are.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy: Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 15, 2011, 12:08 necrosis

Acleacius wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 11:42:
Shirley, PC is delayed so they can SNEAK a new drm/trogan/rootkit into the game before the press and fans can find out about it!
Word is it will only have a one time online activation. Or I could be thinking about ME3. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/10/oh-but-some-good-ass-rev-news-drm/

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2011, 12:34.

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
3. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 10:13 necrosis

PC GAMING IS DIEING!!!!!ONEONE!!!!ELEVEN!!

Oh wait. These numbers are misleading. Oh well. Like the publishers/developers care. Rolleyes

1. Re: Ships Ahoy: Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 15, 2011, 10:07 necrosis

I thought the PC version was delayed?

Amazon is saying Nov 29th: http://amzn.to/tCz1Oi

Steam does not even have a date: http://store.steampowered.com/app/201870/

News Comments > Previously on Assassin's Creed
5. Re: Previously on Assassin's Creed Nov 15, 2011, 08:25 necrosis

ROFL! Blocked.

Guess I need to be online to watch it... wait... what?

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
10. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 22:40 necrosis

Wait. A flashlight is bright enough in the DAY TIME to blind someone to the point they can not aim properly when the light is more than 2 feet away?

It really has to be the light of the almighty. Because there is no way in hell a flashlight should screw your vision up that much any further than 2 feet away. And at that point your better off beating them with it.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo