Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 1998 (Pro)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Plans?
1. Re: PC Alan Wake Plans? Dec 13, 2011, 10:24 necrosis

Delayed/not released/whateveryouwanttocallit this long basically makes a release pointless. This far out no one cares.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
15. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 13:31 necrosis

Wait. "Call of Duty Elite" which is still broken as fuck and not out for PC?

Oh wait. Your average PC gamer is smart enough to not buy into this bullshit.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Crysis 2 Wins Big At German Game Developer Awards 2011. Dec 8, 2011, 15:54 necrosis

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 15:01:
Judging from their list of games that won I'd say you are looking at everything submitted already ;p

Best story: Edna .. for real? Not Deus EX HR?

Best Soundtrack: Crysis 2... for real? Not deus EX HR which has one of the greatest soundtracks ever to be conceived?

Best Art Design - Harvey's New Eyes .... not wanting to sound like repeater.. but DX HR actually invented a whole new interpretation of neo-renessaince style.

Best Simulation - Farmer Simulator ... because Anno 2070 is not a simulation..???

Best Strategy Game - Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty . that isn't even a game, its a addon also it released in 2010 (the game) only the addon came out later. By that logic every DLC ever released should be for vote as well)

Best RPG - Drakensang Online (Thats a browser game) so mega huge LOL for that.
Skyrim anyone?

Best Action Game - Crysis 2
Because the votées couldn't decide between BF3 and MW3 ?

Best Studio: Fishlabs develops Iphone and MAC games, has absolutely no international traction.

So really, what you are looking at in that list is the best German games while ignoring that Germany has no real games industry award.
Granted this is a German award show the only game on that list that I ever heard of is Crysis 2. Also that is probably why you don't see MW3/BF3/Skyrim/DX:HR.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming
43. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming Dec 8, 2011, 08:50 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 21:47:
Is this the patch that makes towns not run like ass if you don't have a 4+ GHz CPU?
Complaining that the game does not work on hardware running outside its default spec? People actually do this?

News Comments > Arkham City Skin Pack Released
6. Re: Arkham City Skin Pack Released Dec 7, 2011, 11:30 necrosis

I remember when you unlocked costumes by beating the game on various difficulty levels.  

News Comments > Steam Coupon Support
7. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 11:25 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 11:15:
necrosis wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 10:50:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 10:28:
http://www.steamcalculator.com/index.php
This is cool... to bad it does not work.

It does. If your profile is private, you need to put in your id # not your name. Look at the directions.
I do not have a custom URL (because the one I want is taken and really don't care). The FAQ says you can use the 17 digit community ID but that does not work. I get the same thing Halo does. And yes, everything is set to public except commenting. I even set that to public and it did not work.

News Comments > Arkham City Patched
2. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 10:56 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 09:54:
No word on the patch existing elsewhere? This is not a Steamworks game.
I thoguth GfWL patched games too.

4. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 10:50 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 10:28:
http://www.steamcalculator.com/index.php
This is cool... to bad it does not work.

1. Re: Steam Coupon Support Dec 7, 2011, 09:46 necrosis

My family is dying and you're talking about coupons!  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
3. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 10:37 necrosis

Verno wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 10:13:
I know the whole spiel about stills but those screenshots are terrible.
Aurora engine?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch Dec 1, 2011, 15:39 necrosis

Works fine. One time activation after install. Once that is done there is no need to be online to play the game.  

News Comments > QUAKE No Longer Indexed in Germany
3. Re: QUAKE No Longer Indexed in Germany Dec 1, 2011, 12:35 necrosis

I feel sorry for gamers in both Germany and Australia.  

News Comments > CD Projekt on Piracy and DRM
8. Re: CD Projekt on Piracy and DRM Nov 30, 2011, 12:31 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 12:23:
I think that's fairly common in places where broadband is uncommon or prohibitively expensive for most people, like Russia, China, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.
I think it is more because the law enforcement there just does not give a shit.

News Comments > CD Projekt on Piracy and DRM
7. Re: CD Projekt on Piracy and DRM Nov 30, 2011, 12:30 necrosis

I bought Witcher 1 twice (physical and Steam) and I am going to do the same for Witcher 2 just because I love these guys that much.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 29, 2011, 23:27 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 22:35:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 22:19:
And FYI: AC:R has one time activation.

So you don't have to log in to Uplay whenever you want to play the game?

Brotherhood was DRM free, so it wouldn't be too surprising. It had an activation with Uplay but you could sign-in offline instead.
Only if the asses made AC:2 like this. Damned thing still requires internet at every launch. Stupid when AC:B came out. Really fucking stupid now that AC:R is finally out.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 29, 2011, 23:25 necrosis

You have to use it. But once the game is activated you can kill the internet and still launch.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 29, 2011, 20:25 necrosis

Did I miss them saying what the PC release date was or did they just spring this on us?

And FYI: AC:R has one time activation.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Gulf of Oman Trailer Nov 28, 2011, 12:11 necrosis

Woo! Paying for maps that are long overdue that we once got for free via user created content!  

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
32. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 28, 2011, 09:50 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 19:12:
Eh? The whole point of the UI is to make it so you never have to take your hands off WASD and the mouse.

Except for the fact that you have to press Enter to confirm a lot of things. Or press Tab to bring up the general menu overlay. Or press J to check your journal. Or press P to check your spells. Or press T to wait. Or press T to recharge enchanted weapons. Or press E to interact with things. Or press R to pick up everything. Or press / to check your skills and perks. Or press Q to bring up the "quick select" inventory.

Skyrim's UI wasn't designed to be efficient with mouse and keyboard. If it were, they would have added scroll bars because every single menu involves scrolling. And they would have supported PgUp/PgDn/Home/End to make this scrolling less tedious. And they would have allowed me to hotkey 10 items, not 8. And I would be able to hotkey these items directly from the inventory, rather than having to mark them as favorites, then hotkey them from the "quick" menu.

I have to imagine that anyone who actually likes Skyrim's UI doesn't do alchemy. Because the amount of scrolling I have to do just to make potions is ridiculous.
The UI is horrible trash designed for a controller. Realized this after playing for about 30 seconds. It is the one thing that keeps me from playing this game for 3+ hour sessions like I did with the Witcher games. The UI just drives me mad after a while and feels like I am fighting the game itself to just play.

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2011, 09:44 necrosis

Give us something with the impact, scope, and craftsmanship of a Battlefield 3 and the business model of a Ghost Recon Online.
No thank you. I do not want anything like Ghost Recon Online and its F2P model.

I want games that are not shovelware. I want games that WORK AT LAUNCH. I want games that are not delayed for months just to please console sales. I want games where we are not nickle and dimed with DLC that should come with the game and having to pay for dedicated servers when we already have the hardware and bandwidth to host games ourselves. I want the ability to modify my game how I see fit.

1998 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo