Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2001 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > PROTOTYPE 2 PC Follow-up/Speculation
1. Re: PROTOTYPE 2 PC Follow-up/Speculation Feb 1, 2012, 11:57 necrosis

PC version delayed when it has a console counterpart!

Scientists also determine water is wet!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TERA Region Blocking
4. Re: TERA Region Blocking Jan 31, 2012, 12:24 necrosis

I wish more MMO's did this. Firewall their servers and only allow the markets that the game is officially released in connect.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
24. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 09:48 necrosis

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 23:58:
I really enjoyed the first book.
I had never pissed myself laughing reading a book till I found out what the "Last Wish" really was.

As for the **FREE** enhanced edition I will be buying it again on Steam. I already have the CE version from its original launch. These guys deserve the money.

News Comments > Steam Mobile Beta
6. Re: Steam Mobile Beta Jan 26, 2012, 16:46 necrosis

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 16:34:
Pretty hilarious steam doesn't have a QR code image on that site that directly links to the app item on Itunes or Android Market
When a link is perfectly suitable? Stop rethinking the wheel.

QRcodes are fine for something like scanning a physical product. Damned stupid on websites.

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC
6. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Jan 26, 2012, 12:19 necrosis

Vektuz wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 12:02:
I love how these folks call something a bonus, but its actually something that they're basically making, putting on the disk (probably) and then locking everyone out from it except those that order their art book.
Nothing beats Dead Space 2 on PC.... yet.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch Jan 26, 2012, 11:36 necrosis

Anddddddd nothing about the bank bug.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack Jan 25, 2012, 09:18 necrosis

I wonder if they fixed the banking glitch yet.

Also Assassin's Creed MP is about as useless and stupid as Mass Effect MP. Some slapped on shit that just does not work right (least on PC).

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues
17. Re: PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues Jan 21, 2012, 11:00 necrosis

I love how people bother with XP support when its like 10 years old and even MS has stopped supporting it.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Footage
11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Footage Jan 21, 2012, 10:52 necrosis

Yes! More footage from the game! I need more of it because there is no way in fuck im buying the game.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
154. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 19, 2012, 22:37 necrosis

Sepharo wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 19:45:
Dev wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 01:54:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 01:32:
I don't think there are any intentional cases of Steam games running without Steam.
There are. Someone made an argument in a blues thread about being able to do it with most games on steam, so I decided to test it out. I tested about 50 of my collection of games and only found a couple that would work properly. So the guy's argument was false about "most." Many of them crapped out with errors when trying to do so, a couple would let you play to some degree after the errors, and a couple would let you play normally without steam. I don't recall exactly, but I have the impression they were more indie type games. Which is why I think its because they didn't bother to integrate the steam authorization system into the exe. I'm not going to go back and test it again though.

It's hard to prove intention but I'd have to agree with Jerykk here. Any Steam game that runs without Steam is likely a happy accident not an intentional effort to work without Steam. But that goes both ways too, those same games likely didn't have any work done on them to force them to run with Steam either.
FFXI runs without Steam and it is fully intentional. Steam is nothing more than a downloader for that game... and not even a full one. After downloading the game with Steam (in less than a hour) you need another 6-8 hours of updates (through the FFXI updater).

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
22. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 19, 2012, 09:54 necrosis

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 09:24:
necrosis wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 07:27:
I love people who will buy ME3 but just not with Origin even tho you still have to use it to play and your still supporting this pathetic service and company.

Damned hypocrites.

The real hypocrites are the ones that would buy this on Steam excitedly, because Valve DRM is somehow different than EA DRM.
Last time I checked Steam does not scan your entire computer like Origin has been proven to do.

But my personal reason for not getting it because of the Origin requirement is I do not buy games at brick & mortar stores anymore and I am not about to have my games spread across multiple services. I will still grumble if it was on Steam and still required Origin tho not as much and would most likely buy it still. I already hate that Steam games still have other DRM stacked on top of it. But I understand if Valve banned all games that had secondary DRM they would have next to no titles to sell.

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
16. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 19, 2012, 07:27 necrosis

I love people who will buy ME3 but just not with Origin even tho you still have to use it to play and your still supporting this pathetic service and company.

Damned hypocrites.

News Comments > Ubi DRM Thwarts Review
50. Re: Ubi DRM Thwarts Review Jan 17, 2012, 13:03 necrosis

Prez wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 09:56:
While it's not a situation most people will ever face (multiple videocard changeouts while playing a game), the fact remains that Ubisoft's DRM restricts the end user from legally using the software they legally bought in the manner of their choosing. Thus, it is wrong and needs to be removed.
The thing is according to what I have read on this a new activation was required after changing the video card ONCE. Which is total bullshit. The only thing that would be more BS is if it asked for another activation if you added more RAM.

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
4. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 11:25 necrosis

No PC demo? Big shock. This is no non-news now its not worth reporting.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
29. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 14:11 necrosis

Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.
God I love EA's horse shit. Connect to your customers? You mean control your customers. EA, YOUR terms of service are the restrictive one. Pot calling the kettle black anyone?

You demand that all patches and DLC run through YOUR service. How is that not restrictive? Steam says if you release patches and DLC it must be available to all. It allows the customer to chose where they get their DLC from and makes it easier for installing.

O well. Guess I am skipping ME3. Even if it was on Steam if it required Origin I would tell them to sod off.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt
43. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 13, 2012, 09:05 necrosis

Ruffiana wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 16:28:
necrosis wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 15:33:
Ruffiana wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 14:16:
nin wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 14:12:
Rob wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 14:06:
And what happens when those servers go down?

Remember people not being able to play Spore? Or Assasin's Creed? Or Bionic Commando Rearmed?

And we've come full circle! Everyone back to the "Diablo III in February" thread!

It will function exactly as MMOs have for 2 decades now. Occasional outage, miniscule inconvenience, thunderous fist-shaking, and then people will get back to their digital crack a few minutes later.

More OT, this is an insult to the term "witch hunt". Unlike piracy, witches aren't real. And the standard test for determining whether ot not someone has illegally distributed copyrighted material is not 'toss them in a body of water and see if they fail to drown'.
But these are not MMO's. They have no solid need for constant internet access. Yes I know you need internet for multiplayer (duh) but why the hell do I need a constant internet connection (or even one at launch) for a single player/the single player portion of a game?

Also it is like the witch hunts of a time long past. They are searching for people and prosecuting them for something they have little (if any) solid proof of.

It's a semantics arguement. A great deal of the time, MMOs are played exactly like single player games. ArenaNet took the Diablo II battlenet model, made one minor tweak to it, and launched a genuine MMO game.

Just because something isn't required for every aspect of a game does not mean it will fail. Requiring a persistent online connection for gameplay is what MMOs have been doing for a long time. It's when single-player developers jump blindly into this structure that things go tit's up. But Blizzard has a ton of experience with it and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they can provide a smooth, stable online experience for Diablo III.

Don't like it, then don't buy it. The market will undoubtedly be there without you.
Why do you keep bringing up MMO's when we are not even talking about MMO's? Why do you continue to assume everyone on the planet has a perfect or at least 90% uptime internet connection in every single location they want to play a game? Also why do you think that a always on internet connection is needed for a game that has no need for it?

17. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 15:33 necrosis

Ruffiana wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 14:16:
nin wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 14:12:
Rob wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 14:06:
And what happens when those servers go down?

Remember people not being able to play Spore? Or Assasin's Creed? Or Bionic Commando Rearmed?

And we've come full circle! Everyone back to the "Diablo III in February" thread!

It will function exactly as MMOs have for 2 decades now. Occasional outage, miniscule inconvenience, thunderous fist-shaking, and then people will get back to their digital crack a few minutes later.

More OT, this is an insult to the term "witch hunt". Unlike piracy, witches aren't real. And the standard test for determining whether ot not someone has illegally distributed copyrighted material is not 'toss them in a body of water and see if they fail to drown'.
But these are not MMO's. They have no solid need for constant internet access. Yes I know you need internet for multiplayer (duh) but why the hell do I need a constant internet connection (or even one at launch) for a single player/the single player portion of a game?

Also it is like the witch hunts of a time long past. They are searching for people and prosecuting them for something they have little (if any) solid proof of.

12. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 14:01 necrosis

Doombringer wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 13:39:
Use always-on DRM if you must. Sure, people will gripe about even that... but if you do not have high-speed always-on internet these days, you're probably not in possession of a modern gaming PC anyhow. These things tend to go hand in hand.
Tell that to people in the midwest. There are still large swaths in the US where there are no options for high speed internet.

Not to mention LAN parties. I think 2 of the 100 or so I have been to have had internet. I mean really, its a *LAN PARTY*.

News Comments > WGA Nominees
5. Re: WGA Nominees Jan 12, 2012, 10:53 necrosis

Award's lately have little bearing on anything.

Especially ones where you have to be a member (and pay money) to be a part of.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2012, 08:52 necrosis

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Demo on Xbox LIVE.
It is also on PSN.

2001 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo