Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
29. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 11:37 necrosis

NKD wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:46:
NKD wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:37:
InBlack wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:36:
Well its still a no buy from me. Thanks to EA's ridiculous Origin requirement. If that means I will never buy another EA game again, So be it.

So you were okay with all the EA games that had you use your generic EA login, but now that they slap the name Origin on it, you're super butthurt?

Huh? Explain to me please what exactly are you talking about? Its not the login that bothers me, its the hassle. I dont want to use other third party software thank you very much. Steam is my digital distribution platform of choice, and the only possible DRM solution that I will tolerate.

They didn't say you'd have to use the Origin client. They said an Origin account. Unless they are misunderstanding what EA is saying, that means you can use any of your old EA accounts as an Origin account without any additional hassle.
If you need a Origin account you NEED ORIGIN.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
28. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 11:35 necrosis

InBlack wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:18:
Basically what we have here is a modern day equivalent of the CD-CHECK of the late 90's. Remember that guys?

You installed the game, and every time you started it your CDROM would spin up (usually producing some kind of weird high pitched sound) to check whether the original CD was in it. Even though all the assets were installed in the game folder and there really was no need to access the CD.
This is NOTHING like CD-CHECK's of the 90's. A CD you can take with you. The internet, you can't.

And even if it only had a CD-CHECK it would be an issue for me as my gaming laptop has no optical drive.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
11. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 12:02 necrosis

They were always to lazy to add proper 16:10 aspect support. Now mouse and keyboard is to much?

Oh wait they need another 6 months to do PC centric things because they can not plan it into the development cycle like they should be.

Just don't even bother releasing it.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology
21. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 12:37 necrosis

coldcut wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:30:
What's wrong with the term "all platforms" in the first place?
Because in the past people have said for all platforms but we only later find out this does not include PC. So it always has to be specifically asked if this applies to PC.

News Comments > ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act
4. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 11:09 necrosis

I love how they want to slap label's on games that state things that have not been 100% proven.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned
41. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 15:59 necrosis

If anyone who comes here is curious as to why we hate the ending so and has some time to read a bit give this a look.

A Logical Breakdown of Why the Mass Effect 3 Ending Makes No Sense

37. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 15:56 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:49:
This is not about sunshine and rainbow endings, it's about closure.
So glad someone else knows our real gripe with the endings. Or at least one of them.

To many people are all "your just mad because there is no happy ending". No, im mad because there isnt an ending that makes a lick of sense or has any real choice.

33. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 15:51 necrosis

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:43:
Right, I forgot, this is a Blue's News thread. No good will come from having a dissenting opinion here. My break's over anyway, back to work.
You can have an opinion. But that does not mean shitting on what other people think or like. Especially when you yourself admitted you have not seen the endings.

You can just shrug and say 'i don't see the problem' and leave it at that. No reason to go out calling people idiot's for it.

30. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 15:47 necrosis

avianflu wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:33:
"with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score"

It takes chutzpah to say that in the PR release.
I love how he is comparing 75 people liking the game thousands not liking it. These 75 somehow have more weight than your MUCH larger consumer base. The consumer base that is actually paying for the game.

I just wish people raised this much of a stink over Dragon Age 2.

27. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 15:41 necrosis

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:36:
Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 14:19:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 14:18:
(I have not yet seen the Mass Effect 3 ending but I can't imagine any ending that would warrant the level of outrage we've seen),

So why are you bitching about this? How about you SEE how bad it is first before you call everyone a bunch of whiners?

Creston

How about because it's a video game?
I guess you have never been passionate about something. Had something you really liked shit on hardcore. Or you just don't give a shit.

If its the later. Just please STFU and don't criticize others.

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
24. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 22:45 necrosis

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 21:50:
I'd just like to point out that "Baca" in Japanese means "stupid." (I realize it's spelled differently)
"Baca"... jesus I had to look at that for like 2 min to figure out what the fuck you were saying.

It's "Baka".

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: EA/Bioware in Full PR Damage Control Mode Mar 17, 2012, 16:43 necrosis

Prez wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 15:45:
I'm confused - you would skip an otherwise great entertainment experience because it had a lousy ending? (Speaking hypothetically here; having not played ME3 I don't know how great it is or isn't)
I loved the movie Law abiding citizen... till the end. It seriously put me off the entire movie.

ME3 and ME as a whole is like that with me right now. I want to replay ME2 to get a different save then play ME3 again. I wanted to do that even after I got done saying WTF?!? to myself after seeing the ending the first time. But i immediately started up a new game and started playing again. This was on a weekend so yeah...

Monday rolled around and back to work. Had a chance to sit back and look at what happened with the end of ME3. Ever since then I have just not had one iota of desire to touch the game again. It just feels like a loss because I know its going to end with the same bullshit decisions that completely disregard how I played the entire game up to that point.

So yes. Bad endings can destroy hour and hours of enjoyment in a very short period of time.

Imagine of the Sephiroth and Aerith scene was the end of FFVII. Because it was not it became one of the most iconic moments in video game history.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend
16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 15:53 necrosis

EA apparently needs to do something to get people to play ME3's shoehorned in MP.

And I thought Assassin's Creed MP ws shoehorned crap...

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
1. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 18:12 necrosis

That's right! They can be taught!

The real question tho is do they listen. At it seams the Borderlands team can listen. That list is literally every major gripe PC users had at launch. Hell they even moved to Steamworks.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2012, 22:17 necrosis

Asmo wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 18:36:
Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 13:51:
I'm all for actual DLC. And I don't care if it's day one or not - if it's something that sensibly wasn't part of the game then fine, doesn't bug me. I'm a bit of a rare DLC buyer, anyway - I bought Undead Nightmare for RDR, I bought two or three of the Fallout 3 ones, I had the GOTY for Oblivion so I played that DLC (and I think bought Shivering Isles), and will probably buy anything Skyrim throws my way.

But gun colors? Really?

Agree entirely.

I don't get the outrage over DLC, if a person perceives that the DLC is a bad deal, just don't buy it.
Sometimes just keeping your money in your pocket does not send enough of a message to these developers that we do not like this shit.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2012, 22:16 necrosis

What the fuck?!

They let them use flares?! How the hell was that not banned on day one?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
33. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 13:47 necrosis

THREE WHOLE DAYS! WOOWOWOOWOWOOW!!!!

Jesus really? Most give you at least a full week.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
38. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:15 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:01:
Far Cry was great until it became impossible in the end. Going up against 10 rocket-armed giants isn't fun if you're not Serious Sam.

Crysis was great until the end, but I'd heard so much bitching about the end that it didn't bother me. Aside from the zero g floating crap it flew by.

Crysis Warzone was even better.
This.

Crysis 2 was just lame coming from the first game which was drastically more open.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 8, 2012, 20:29 necrosis

After the pwnage: Critical Google Chrome hole plugged in 24 hours.
And without proper testing it causes another hole to open up or stability issues. Rolleyes

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
4. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 8, 2012, 20:27 necrosis

GASP! Make a good game and it sells! It makes the piracy that happens irrelevant.

Then again now a days if a game does not sell 1m in a week they fire the entire production staff.

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo