Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2004 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2012, 15:21 necrosis

killer_roach wrote on May 10, 2012, 13:53:
nin wrote on May 10, 2012, 10:56:
I'd be surprised if slysoft doesn't offer an option to rip those right out soon...

Assuming they don't already. My purchase of a lifetime license was money well spent.
Yeah upgraded mine to HD just before they cut off lifetime licenses. So worth it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III
1. Re: Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III<br> A <a href= May 5, 2012, 15:44 necrosis

All the Battlefront games were slapped together. It still pisses me off to no end that LucasArts sicked their dogs on the team making a Star Wars mod for Battlefield just to release this total turd of a series.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 4, 2012, 10:02 necrosis

Raspberry Pi Review & Initial How-To Setup Guide.
But can it run Crysis?

News Comments > Official The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement
36. Re: PC Only? May 4, 2012, 09:33 necrosis

Quboid wrote on May 3, 2012, 21:15:
I'm surprised MMOs are only on Windows or Macs. There's a fortune to be made with MMOs on consoles if you can get Microsoft and Sony to play along, and Elder Scrolls is ideally positioned to make this jump. MS and Sony would make a fortune too from a F2P game. Want a Daedric sword? That'll be 600 MS points.

If ESO was on the PS3 and Xbox as well as the PC, preferably playing together, World of Warcraft would have massive competition.
The attention span of your average console player does not work well with the mechanics of a MMO. If they dumb it down to the point it is playable on a console PC users will leave it in the dust.

Also while you can get PS3 and PC to play on the same servers/together (FFXI, Portal 2) you will NEVER get this on 360.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues
13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues May 4, 2012, 08:18 necrosis

Wish they could also fix the inability to connect when you launch ME2.

Every time I launch the game it gives me a "can't connect to EA's servers" and a OK button THAT DOES NOTHING. I have to wait 3-5 min for it to go away before I get the menu. Then miraculously when I click connect it connects.

News Comments > Linux Steam Plans Confirmed
2. Re: Linux Steam Plans Confirmed Apr 25, 2012, 10:27 necrosis

I honestly think more people will use the Mac client than the Linux one.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 25, 2012, 09:22 necrosis

Blame Netflix troubles on spotty streaming selection.

Actually I do. I dropped the streaming part of my Netflix when they did their massive price hike last year because I used it maybe 5 times compared to the over 100 DVD's have had shipped from them.

Hell I decided to give them a chance last month and signed up again only to find myself dropping it this month for the same reasons. Every single movie I wanted to watch was DVD only.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 20, 2012, 14:15 necrosis

You bought a TV that does not support HDCP? Well that's your own fault.

Seriously. Upgrade or shutup.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
13. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 21:23 necrosis

People pissing and moaning over a 12GB download? You babies still on dialup? Be glad your getting this kind of support for a PC game... FOR FREE.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Announced
3. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 09:54 necrosis

Yay! Bottlenecked in the city again. Completely ignoring what made Crysis/Warhead fun.

Not to mention dumbed down for consoles graphics wise.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
47. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 12, 2012, 09:36 necrosis

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:04:
Wow seriously? They are making an enhanced edition with extra content and they still find a reason to complain?

I never had a problem with GFWL ever, I don't know why people complain about it. Oh wait people love to complain. I have 25 hours with Arkham City, around 90 with Dawn of War 2 and 60 hours with Fallout 3 and zero problems. In fact I never had those annoying connection timed out errors I have with Steam.

And gamers wonder why nobody takes them seriously.
Lucky you. Now please go away.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
46. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 12, 2012, 09:34 necrosis

SXO wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 08:58:
I would even prefer EA's Origin or Ubisoft's Uplay over Microsoft's GFWL. I've had serious issues with GFWL numerous times, aside from just how annoying the basic functionality is.
As much as it pains me to say it I fully agree. I have had less BS problems with Origin and UPlay combined. I still don't like them but I have not had technical issues with either, yet.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released
18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 09:42 necrosis

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:07:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 23:02:
I thought free DLC on Xbox was a Microsoft no-no.

IIRC the first "content" release is a freebie but they usually qualify patches as such. You can release free DLC on the Xbox 360 but it costs a lot of money to go through certification and Microsoft has to approve it all on a case by case basis. It's XBLA/XLBIM where they don't like free content at all.
Yeah I think it had to do with what stuff was classified as and what the new data did. Because Valve's "patches" had so much new shit they had to classify it as DLC which in turn had to be pay. If it only contained bug fixes then it could have been pushed for free.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
15. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 10:12 necrosis

It wasn't the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem.
Proof of how clueless they are.

And if I were to correct that statement. It was one of the **WORST** PC ports ever. Dead Space and Borderlands were better releases than this and they were shitty at launch. At least both of those games [attempted to] fixed their issues with patches.

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
1. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 09:37 necrosis

I wonder if it fixes the HUGE plot holes about the ending too. Not to mention the huge canon fuckups.

I mean, the ME series is kind of known for them but Jesus. The ones in the ending are big enough a blind man can throw a bowling ball through them.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 4, 2012, 08:56 necrosis

$25 a month?!

I remember when this shit was free.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2012, 10:49 necrosis

Good show on television when two of them are on overpriced pay channels. One of them on HBO which is so in the stone age with online streaming. Unable to stream HBO unless you get the cable channel too which also requires basic cable and refusal to put their shows on Netflix.

Least it seams they do something with the wads of cash people throw at them.

News Comments > Free-to-Play AION Soars in EU
1. Re: Free-to-Play AION Soars in EU Apr 3, 2012, 10:12 necrosis

Its only F2P in EU?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 11:34 necrosis

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 10:33:
Xbox 720 will require an always-on internet connection as an anti-piracy measure.

Can't wait until I have to display my drivers license to Kinect in order to load my games.
Blood sample, stool sample, retina scan,...

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
4. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 11:17 necrosis

Techie714 © wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:10:
In order for me to buy this again It will need to have the following.

• High resolution textures

• Full widescreen support to at least 1920x10801200

• Upgraded sound

• New graphical enhancements

• Yep I would buy it, if it had those features. I dont think that is asking to much from a "Enhanced Edition".
    Corrected.

2004 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo