Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 1998 (Pro)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3
5. Re: Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3 Jun 1, 2012, 00:41 necrosis

And if they do get their refund they will just rebuy it 3 months down the road.

People need to stop being all sandy vag.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
40. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 10:31 necrosis

DaZ wrote on May 31, 2012, 10:24:
Rea1One wrote on May 30, 2012, 22:21:
I've already got Back To Karkand DLC but this is a pretty worthy deal.

$120 bucks worth of 5 x DLC for only $50 is good.

Yay, someone actually has sense and did the math! If you are into bf3 and were intending on getting all the dlc's then this a FANTASTIC deal, all the fluff on top is just icing on the cake.

People just see the EA name and automatically think they are going to get shafted, which honestly is the case most of the time. Here they are actually putting together a good package that saves you money.
Nevermind the fact that the map packs are stupidly overpriced to begin with.

So tell me how this is a "FANTASTIC deal"?

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis Ends
22. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis Ends May 30, 2012, 08:41 necrosis

Prez wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:14:
Everyone needs to be reminded that prior to the complete edition none of the Dragon Age Origins DLC was obtainable through Steam yet it remained on Steam throughout; given that their stated reason for pulling some of their games off of Steam is demonstrably false, I think it's safe to say EA is, as usual, full of shit.
Valve changed their ToS just before Crysis 2 came out. Dragon Age Origins was 'grandfathered' in so it and all other games prior to Crisis 2 were unaffected.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
29. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 15:52 necrosis

Blizzard:

GET RID OF THE RECENT PLAYED WITH LIST.

Thank You.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Patch Today
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch Today May 29, 2012, 12:55 necrosis

Would have been nice if they broke it down into MP/SP fixes.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
248. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 27, 2012, 01:26 necrosis

Not sure if it has been posted yet but:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151273122

The "hacking" ("compromising" is probably a better word, since no real "hacking" is going on) being seen in D3 is no different than what World of Warcraft players have been seeing for five years or so. The sad thing is, if no one bought game currency (gold, credits, whatever) from these third-party companies, then essentially no account compromises would be occurring. Compromises not done by gold selling companies are very rare indeed. They strip one player to sell to another, because it's much more efficient than "farming" gold. They still farm some of course, but they do it purely with compromised accounts.

Unfortunately, these compromisers make a lot of money off of the practice (because players buy gold) and so they have a lot of resources to use to try to get your password from you directly, or through your computer. Some of their poorly translated phishing e-mails may be laughable, but their trojans, infected websites, etc. are not funny at all.

If you have the physical or mobile authenticator (both of which major banks use and charge $30+ for) the chances of you being compromised are very, very small. I've personally examined the MSInfo files of nearly all of the handful of WoW players who have actually been compromised through an authenticator, and the sheer number of backdoor programs and other malware on their systems has been mind boggling. Probably not coincidentally, these same people were also running a disturbing number of file-sharing and download programs, including ones which are commonly known to not be safe.

Again, compromising game accounts is a big business in some countries. They have people on their payroll who spread false rumors of "hacked through my authenticator" just to try to discourage people from using them. We charge $6.50 for the physical authenticator, because that's exactly what it costs us to make them. The mobile one is free because we don't have to pay a factory to build them. Use them, and enjoy your gaming without someone mucking with your stuff.
SOURCE: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149542352?page=1#6

News Comments > Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date
23. Re: Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date May 26, 2012, 03:41 necrosis

Bumpy wrote on May 25, 2012, 21:49:
>a valid Rockstar Social Club account

Ugg. Like GTA4, I'll wait for the hack that bypasses this.
Yeah really. More needless social network crap.

Why do companies always think we want this shit? Oh I know why! They can use it as an excuse for not allowing us to run our own servers in FPS games and take away offline single player because of DRM.

News Comments > Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date
6. Re: Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date May 25, 2012, 21:12 necrosis

17 day delay to make sure PC sales don't screw over their glorious console sales.

I guess its better than a 6 month delay that Ubi usually does.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie
4. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 14:32 necrosis

What 3 files do I have to change to fix the FOV? Laugh  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week
7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 17:10 necrosis

RollinThundr wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:07:
Bhruic wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:02:
It'll be interesting to see if all of "the ending was horrible" has any impact on DLC sales.

Did they ever release that promised "expanded ending dlc"?
They are still working on it.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots
37. Re: Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots May 18, 2012, 10:00 necrosis

Wow! They did not demo the engine by rendering hot chicks.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Diablo 3 Launches without AMD Eyefinity / NVIDIA Surround Support. May 18, 2012, 08:38 necrosis

Jesus Christ people need to stop getting all sandy vag over games not supporting multi monitors.

Hardly anyone does it. You knew this when you bought the hardware. Learn to deal with it.

Then again this is coming from a website that gives games a "certified" ranking when the game renders at 16:9 on a 16:10 display so I guess this is to be expected.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
58. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 08:39 necrosis

I just love all the hype for midnight launches but us in EST can WOW GET OUR COPY AT MIDNIGHT... but have to wait another 3 hours to play.

That kind of kills the entire point of a midnight launch.

News Comments > Steam top 10
3. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 12:06 necrosis

nofb wrote on May 13, 2012, 12:05:
Portal 2? It's quite old... how come?
Steam sale and addition of easy test chamber making tools.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2012, 15:21 necrosis

killer_roach wrote on May 10, 2012, 13:53:
nin wrote on May 10, 2012, 10:56:
I'd be surprised if slysoft doesn't offer an option to rip those right out soon...

Assuming they don't already. My purchase of a lifetime license was money well spent.
Yeah upgraded mine to HD just before they cut off lifetime licenses. So worth it.

News Comments > Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III
1. Re: Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III<br> A <a href= May 5, 2012, 15:44 necrosis

All the Battlefront games were slapped together. It still pisses me off to no end that LucasArts sicked their dogs on the team making a Star Wars mod for Battlefield just to release this total turd of a series.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 4, 2012, 10:02 necrosis

Raspberry Pi Review & Initial How-To Setup Guide.
But can it run Crysis?

News Comments > Official The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement
36. Re: PC Only? May 4, 2012, 09:33 necrosis

Quboid wrote on May 3, 2012, 21:15:
I'm surprised MMOs are only on Windows or Macs. There's a fortune to be made with MMOs on consoles if you can get Microsoft and Sony to play along, and Elder Scrolls is ideally positioned to make this jump. MS and Sony would make a fortune too from a F2P game. Want a Daedric sword? That'll be 600 MS points.

If ESO was on the PS3 and Xbox as well as the PC, preferably playing together, World of Warcraft would have massive competition.
The attention span of your average console player does not work well with the mechanics of a MMO. If they dumb it down to the point it is playable on a console PC users will leave it in the dust.

Also while you can get PS3 and PC to play on the same servers/together (FFXI, Portal 2) you will NEVER get this on 360.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues
13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues May 4, 2012, 08:18 necrosis

Wish they could also fix the inability to connect when you launch ME2.

Every time I launch the game it gives me a "can't connect to EA's servers" and a OK button THAT DOES NOTHING. I have to wait 3-5 min for it to go away before I get the menu. Then miraculously when I click connect it connects.

News Comments > Linux Steam Plans Confirmed
2. Re: Linux Steam Plans Confirmed Apr 25, 2012, 10:27 necrosis

I honestly think more people will use the Mac client than the Linux one.  

1998 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo