Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 "Matches" Plans
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Jul 6, 2012, 09:02 necrosis

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 22:53:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 21:44:
All these updates sound great. Too bad BF3 punkbuster servers freeze my computer.

have you tried a usb sound card/headset or something other than the onboard audio of your computer? BFBC2 and BF3 both have issues with freezing because of a nasty interaction between punkbuster and realtek drivers in certain configurations.
Yeah its a problem PunkBuster refuses to address. The issue has been around for YEARS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EU to Allow Digital Software Resales?
50. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 17:34 necrosis

NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 15:57:
necrosis wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 15:52:
So it is perfectly OK for them to charge us more and more while removing features left and right? Dumbed down games that are shitty ports? Buggy as all hell at launch? $60 games on PC is bullshit and you know it.

Woosh, the point went right over your head. Regardless of your opinions on the quality of the games, the cost to create them is higher than ever. Increasing costs must, at some point, be passed on to the consumer in some form or another. It's not even a complex economic model, it's simple math.
How is it "woosh"? They are charging more for games and doing LESS to make them work properly. If they are charging more and the games actually WORKED and they kept in features that were once there I would have no problems with it and accept the fact it costs more to do things.

But once again, we have to pay more for games and are getting a total piece of crap product. Features ripped out, content stripped from the game to sell as DLC, game breaking bugs at launch (not to mention sometimes zero patches to fix said issues), games that are a shadow of their predictors.

Paying more and getting the same is one thing. Paying more and getting less is just bullshit.

News Comments > EU to Allow Digital Software Resales?
34. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 15:52 necrosis

NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 14:55:
I've always said, it's a simple matter of money in, money out. The cost to create games is increasing at a rate far exceeding inflation, while the cost to purchase a game hasn't even kept even with inflation. Even at $60 full price, games are cheaper now than they were 10, 15, 20 years ago, after inflation. At some point, publishers have to try and make up the difference. They can't just sit there and watch their bottom line dwindle away to nothing. They are a business, and while they don't have to be scumbags, they do have to try and be successful.
So it is perfectly OK for them to charge us more and more while removing features left and right? Dumbed down games that are shitty ports? Buggy as all hell at launch? $60 games on PC is bullshit and you know it.

News Comments > Sony to Acquire Gaikai
28. Re: Sony to Acquire Gaikai Jul 3, 2012, 09:26 necrosis

I never understood this streaming gaming idiocy.

Instead of throwing money at a high powered computer rig you throw your money at your ISP so you don't have a slow as hell net connection. Nevermind the fact I have not seen a ISP who increases your bandwidth cap (if there is one) on the faster speed tiers. So you only pay to blow through your cap faster.

Not to mention the games look like piss because the graphics are cut back like crazy to stream them. Latency and input lag on top of all that.

I am really getting sick of all this 'cloud this, and cloud that' yet no one is doing one damned thing about how we get to said 'cloud'.

News Comments > EA to "Be a 100% Digital Company, Period"
57. Re: EA to Jul 3, 2012, 09:20 necrosis

Golwar wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 05:15:
Well, as EA wants to get away from the traditional $60 games
Traditional on consoles, bullshit on PC.

56. Re: EA to Jul 3, 2012, 09:17 necrosis

smg77 wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 23:36:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 23:03:
So it's ok for Valve to cut out retailers, but not ok for EA to do it because their "evviillll" /Dr Evil voice You people crack me the fuck up.

Valve didn't kick EA off of Steam. EA left Steam because they wanted to cut Valve out of DLC profits for their games sold on Steam.
Nooo. EA was booted from Steam because Valve changed their TOS and EA's new games were not abiding by the change.

55. Re: EA to Jul 3, 2012, 09:13 necrosis

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 21:12:
Now the real question is, are they going to be offering rebates to people who live in countries with low bandwidth caps? Nothing like blowing $60 on a game, and another $30 for data charges.
No. You are just going to have to get off your ass and maybe do something about those low caps.

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
16. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 18:02 necrosis

Need a redo of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avU5onrWfYo  

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?
18. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 27, 2012, 11:34 necrosis

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:28:
Finally started playing this, about 7 hours in right now. Will be very interested in seeing the original ending that pissed everyone off, so I haven't downloaded the DLC. People seem to think said ending ruins 3 amazing games worth of content and by itself is an example of Bioware's plummeting stock, so... will be interesting.
As far as I know (I do not remember seeing any extra "DLC" options for ME3 in Origin last night) it is not "DLC". It is slipstreamed into the main game as more of a patch. Meaning if you downloaded it off Origin you have the new endings.

Basically if you had ME3 installed before yesterday and opened Origin (required to play the game) your files are updated and you can't see the old endings sort of watching them on YouTube.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
2. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 26, 2012, 17:46 necrosis

RailWizard wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:42:
Fixing stuff that didn't need to be broken to begin with...ahh blizzypoo.
HAH! So true.

But who said you could play the game like you wanted?

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed III Delayed?
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed III Delayed? Jun 22, 2012, 21:49 necrosis

Not even news worthy. Its expected.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 21, 2012, 16:58 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:48:
Maybe they've picked this for a reason. To get some indication of what an average weekday might be like, otherwise they'd be doing in the evening and on the weekend.
Whats the point of that? A stress test usually implies loading it down like a mofo. This time frame could eaisly be when the servers have the least load.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 21, 2012, 13:32 necrosis

Yeah really.

Middle of the work day even for EDT.
Only beta or pre-purchased people.

Does not sound like much of a stress test.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2012, 11:30 necrosis

So glad he was only slapped with the laws he actually broke.  

News Comments > On BF3 Cheating
22. Re: On BF3 Cheating Jun 18, 2012, 15:09 necrosis

DG wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 14:40:
  • autospot - why does the client even KNOW where people are in order to spot them? Shit, no wonder the BF games are so laggy, every client knows everything about every other client that it has no need to know about!]
  • The client does need to know this. Game clients have known where EVERY other player is for years. Going back to DOOM! How else do you think you can change your player view while watching a demo record?

The game has to know this for many reasons. Where the bullet came from. What sounds to make and where to make them from (not to mention calculating in effects on that sound due to the environment.)

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
    15. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 17, 2012, 00:46 necrosis

nin wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 14:51:
    JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 14:47:
    Is this the patch that fixes the minimap by either making it fully transparent *instead of like 90%*, or gives us the ability to change the size?

I'm not sure which would be more cruel to say to you - that it won't happen, or that yes, they're doing it...on blizzard time. :)

Or to stop bitching about really petty things when there are much larger issues that need to be dealt with.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2012, 21:15 necrosis

Will Windows 7 be the new XP

Yes. At least with me unless Win8 makes some drastic UI decisions that I know it wont.

And that is just on a personal note. On a business note (I work IT) we are not even remotely looking at a upgrade to Win8 for at least 2 years. We got enough flack moving to Office 2007 and Win7 from users that refuse to learn something new.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
    40. Re: Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 16:15 necrosis

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:29:
    Minimap no longer big, ugly, and invasive.

kthx
    Like you?

No really. Are you playing on a 15" 4:3 monitor or something?

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast
    9. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast Jun 14, 2012, 15:20 necrosis

ZOMG CAPSLOCK!  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
    1. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 9, 2012, 17:22 necrosis

Pots of ashes in Act I and vases in Act IV will now drop less gold when destroyed
    Thats a bug?

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 6.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo