Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sam Haschke

Real Name Sam Haschke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SecretAgentMan
Email radjago@hotmail.com
ICQ 22940672
Description P3 1.0 GHz
512mb PC133
Elsa Gladiac 32mb GeForce2 GTS
Asus CUSL2-C mobo
Homepage http://www.dstrocks.com
Signed On Jan 3, 2000, 05:26
Total Comments 15 (Suspect)
User ID 1600

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Evil Genius
13. Boycott? Sep 28, 2004, 03:30 SecretAgentMan

I'm sure a boycott would hurt the developers a lot more than the publisher, since I'm sure VU has deeper pockets than Elixir does.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More GTA Uproar
40. Re: CABA Lunges! And you? Jan 24, 2004, 02:59 SecretAgentMan

Bigoted art is still bigoted.

But even bigoted art is protected under the first amendment of our constitution.

Even if it is a commercial piece of work, it should still be protected. I say let the buying public decide if they are willing to tolerate these kind of statements.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. DMCA exceptions Oct 31, 2003, 09:43 SecretAgentMan

"Computer programs or video games that use obsolete formats or hardware."

Does that mean abandonware is legal now?

News Comments > AMD Quake III DLLs
24. AMD Q3 DLL benches Sep 9, 2003, 16:39 SecretAgentMan

I ran through a few benches and I found I got about 10% more CPU performance out of this patch. At the resolution and settings at which I play the game, it only translates into maybe 7fps, and I'm already in the 100+ range, so it doesn't make a difference to me.

Now if they could implement this into all Q3 engine games, that would be interesting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
104. Image of the Day Sep 2, 2003, 02:09 SecretAgentMan

Did no one else notice the guy on the left in the striped shirt is screen raping his neighbor??? Is there any kind of rule against that?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movies & More Date Data
27. HL2 Release Date Aug 29, 2003, 01:00 SecretAgentMan

I've heard it from a source at a reputable hardware site that Valve backed off the September 30th ship date to make sure it was done right.

News Comments > C&C Generals Demo
21. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 18:47 SecretAgentMan

I'd like to know what's in this demo. Multiplayer? Singleplayer? Exclusive missions or maps?

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

BTW: Westwood is no more. Generals was developed by EA Pacific.

133. The State of the Site™ Aug 19, 2003, 23:19 SecretAgentMan

I've been visiting here since mid-98. Shortly thereafter, I made it my homepage. I've enjoyed all the carnage that's fit to post every day since then.

Today I open my browser and lo and behold, there's a black screen. Conspiracy theories flutter in my mind. Then an ad for Madden 2004 rears its ugly head, along with an inconspicuous link to the site at the top. I click through and skip the news to find out what's going on.

I suppose we should all have been expecting this kind of thing. Unless ad revenue suddenly becomes all the rage again or webhosting drops to insane levels, there's got to be a way for the bacon to come home.

I visit this site because it isn't like Gamespy or IGN or any other source of news. It has an independent spirit to it that brings humanity to the straightforward business of gaming news.

That being said, I don't know how far this will go. I hope there's a way to make ends meet without bridging it with ads. A subscription service is highly attractive to me, as well as others. Heck, I don't even need the exclusive content or other perks that other sites offer. I just want my news from a reliable source.

Thanks for everything, Blue and crew.

-Sam aka SecretAgentMan

15. Planet Ranch Nov 26, 2002, 20:46 SecretAgentMan

I've noticed the quality of the links lately have been lacking that special something that used put a spring in my click. I know it's hard to be consistently on, but the steady decline in interesting internet sites have really taken a toll on the links section. Blue's still the man when it comes to news though. Keep fighting the good fight.

News Comments > Tech Bits
1. Dan's Data letter Nov 26, 2002, 00:18 SecretAgentMan

From the one about power...

http://www.powerlinefacts.com/EMF.htm

The Evaluation—which is the culmination of a 9 year, $7 million research effort—further concludes that magnetic fields may cause suicide and adult leukemia.

Now that's funny!

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 00:19.

11. quotation Jul 5, 2002, 03:34 SecretAgentMan

it's under the big 'W'

I know that's a quote from some pop culture reference that I'm too sheltered to have learned, but I must say that the band Weezer has a big 'W' above them on stage at shows, and to me, there's gold in them thar hills.

11. Re: 9 Jan 21, 2002, 13:07 SecretAgentMan

I think they're just playing games. If you look under the bid history, you'll find a lot of cancellations. Some of them are pretty entertaining. If it really was serious, I've got a nice piece of cardboard I got with a calendar I could auction off :^)

4. Lost News Oct 13, 2001, 14:34 SecretAgentMan

http://www.bluesnews.com/archives/oct97-2.html

Maybe I'm wrong, but I saw the news for 10-13-97 on this page.

News Comments > Serious Sam Update
3. Egyptian Levels Sep 23, 2001, 13:00 SecretAgentMan

I played through The First Encounter and enjoyed it very much. Since the new Egyptian levels won't make it into The Second Encounter, will there be any plans for them? Convert them to the new theme or released as a map pack perhaps? I can't wait for the new adventure. I know what Santa will bring this boy (if he's good enough)

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo