Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1732 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
814. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 08:33 Mad Max RW

I said it was a comedy act earlier...

'SNL' Obamacare website parody not far from truth

Historically liberal SNL of the extremely liberal NBC is nailing this mess. It's too bad they wait until the end of Obama's presidency to start calling him out on his bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

812. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 07:45 Mad Max RW

Sepharo wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:39:

He did clarify that he was talking about federal taxes not state and personal taxes not business. Also he wasn't talking about the conditions of the poor but the wealth inequality from top to bottom.

Which is typical Obama liberal propaganda and is meaningless. It's just talking points and no real substance. Buzzwords.

810. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 07:19 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:55:
And damn, we're pretty much back where The Jungle was in terms of gap.

No, not even close. Today's poor ghettos are NOTHING like what life was like back then. The crime is still shit (although nowhere near as bad), but they actually have electricity, clean water, sanitation. Hell, we live in a country where the poor own Playstations and cell phones. It's practically impossible to starve to death. Our poor are like the middle class for most of the world. But keep on exaggerating reality to justify reaching for that liberal utopia you will never see.

As for avoiding taxes, businesses are doing it right now. California is a great example. Businesses that haven't given up already are moving to Texas because they are getting strangled at home. Corporations like GM continue moving their operations to China. Remember Jeffrey Immelt? No, I'm sure you don't.

If you are so upset about the "wealth disparity" maybe you should donate some of your vast wealth you claimed to have. What about those 14 combined poor guys you claim to make more than? Be charitable or shut up. Do you even know any poor people? Have you ever spent 1 hour of your life in a soup kitchen? Have you ever donated to a food bank? Do you do anything unlike the typical liberal talking about the poor without acting?

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2013, 07:32.

804. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 21:22 Mad Max RW

Devastating

Obamacare enrollments got off to very slow start, documents show -CBS News

Nationwide Obamacare enrollment:
6 people on the first day
248 by Wednesday
Health care exchanges need to average 39,000 enrollees a day to meet the goal of seven million by March 1

Sebelius claimed yesterday "official" enrollment numbers are coming out in mid November. That's a couple weeks away. Who honestly thinks they will be on track for 7 million?

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
77. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 31, 2013, 20:26 Mad Max RW

shihonage wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:20:

Their design was so bad, in fact, that in the end of Fallout 3 you end up having to go into a nuclear chamber, and you have an NPC with you who is IMMUNE to radiation, but the game won't let you send him in. When you try, he says "This is your path, and your path alone".

Wait a second. Unless I imagined it the game did give me the option to convince the supermutant to go into the chamber then during the ending narration said my character was a coward for not being a retard and sacrificing myself. Maybe the DLC added it. I haven't played in a few years.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed
1. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 18:53 Mad Max RW

Eh, it still looks really boring. Definitely waiting on reviews and first impressions.

Last night's episode was fucking hilarious, though.

802. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 18:41 Mad Max RW

More from the comedy act that is Obamacare:

Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare

Idiotic disconnected Whitehouse twitter pic LIE "No insurance company will ever be able to deny you coverage or drop you as a customer altogether. THOSE DAYS ARE OVER."

Vermont exchange train wreck - $170 million and NOT ONE PERSON ENROLLED

And a bonus laugh:

Medicare paid millions to dead patients, illegal immigrants, probe finds

800. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 18:19 Mad Max RW

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 18:10:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:34:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:02:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:55:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:50:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:40:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:35:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:13:
Shhhh. Don't tell Beamer the feds collected a record $2.77 trillion in tax revenue this year.

Do you understand how that's a meaningless data point?
1) What is it if you adjust for inflation? Here's a hint: it's on par with 12 years ago
2) What is it as a portion of the total US income?

Throwing out a number in a vacuum and comparing it to past years is utterly ridiculous

Read and dismiss the facts yourself.

Revenue jumped 15.2 percent to $301.4 billion in September from a year earlier, bringing the annual figure to $2.77 trillion, today’s report showed. Spending increased 21.5 percent to $226.4 billion last month, contributing to a 12-month total of $3.45 trillion, it showed.

What from that link had anything to do with anything?
You posted a meaningless data point. We took in more taxes. But we made more money. Doesn't that make sense?

Conveniently left out the we spent more part too.

That isn't what we were discussing, is it?

Of course not, how could spending ever have an effect on the economy, silly me, I forgot, liberal logic.

Honestly, I may have missed why he brought it up, I didn't see any mention of spending prior.

But, as I keep saying, my interest in taxes isn't in allowing our government to spend more, it's in encouraging our super wealthy to pay their employees more. Therefore I want taxes higher. I do not want the government spending all those taxes stupidly, I just do not want the wealthy having incentive to cut jobs and send them overseas. Spending is an entirely different discussion. As it always should be - when discussing problems, discussing each variable separately makes more sense than discussing them together, because they aren't necessarily related. We can tax as much as we want, or we can spend as much as we want, those aren't inherently tied together.

You always think I want the government spending tons and tons of money. I don't really care. I don't think that has a big impact on our economy. People spending money has a big impact. I've asked you, in the past, to explain how a government deficit impacts our economy. You've repeatedly said something like "use your head!" but never answered.
Pretend I'm a 5 year old and tell me why a deficit is holding our economy back. I'll do the same and explain to you why our rapidly rising wealth inequality (on par with most African warlords, truthfully) is totally flushing us.

So I had thought he brought it up as an example that our taxes are already quite high. In reality, they're about as low as they've been in over 100 years.

First of all, are you dreaming? Where has higher taxes, during a recession, encouraged businesses to do anything other than close up and move to another state or country? That's what we're talking about. And that's precisely what is happening here in liberal Connecticut. Higher taxes when the economy is still shit only makes it worse for everybody. Taxes are raised when the economy is doing well. When industry is booming. Especially post-WW2 industry when there was the US and nobody else. Those are the periods you are referencing but don't even realize it because you either don't know or deliberately ignore facts.

Also, if the $17 trillion debt doesn't matter then neither should taxes. How about eliminating all tax, ignore the debt, and let the fed continue printing trillions and spending it on more bullshit. Yeah, that never worked before but somehow OBAMA.

Almost makes one want to say Learn 2 Economics. This is why anytime we have liberals in office the economy eventually tanks, Carter, Clinton, Obama. What do they all have in common? Fucking up the economy, or taking a fucked up economy due to previous liberal choices and making it worse, in Obama's case, Clinton eliminating the Glass Steagall act and forcing banks to loan to people beyond their means eventually caused the bubble to burst, like simple economics would tell you it would.

What's ironic is their biggest liberal idol, JFK, was a huge advocate for tax cuts. Revisionists ignore this fact. In the early 60s we were facing a similar recession, JFK proposed tax cuts (which didn't go into effect until after his death), and it turned the economy around.

798. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 17:34 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:02:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:55:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:50:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:40:
Shhhh. Don't tell Beamer the feds collected a record $2.77 trillion in tax revenue this year.

1) What is it if you adjust for inflation? Here's a hint: it's on par with 12 years ago

Throwing out a number in a vacuum and comparing it to past years is utterly ridiculous

Revenue jumped 15.2 percent to $301.4 billion in September from a year earlier, bringing the annual figure to $2.77 trillion, today’s report showed. Spending increased 21.5 percent to $226.4 billion last month, contributing to a 12-month total of $3.45 trillion, it showed.

What from that link had anything to do with anything?
You posted a meaningless data point. We took in more taxes. But we made more money. Doesn't that make sense?

Conveniently left out the we spent more part too.

That isn't what we were discussing, is it?

Of course not, how could spending ever have an effect on the economy, silly me, I forgot, liberal logic.

Honestly, I may have missed why he brought it up, I didn't see any mention of spending prior.

But, as I keep saying, my interest in taxes isn't in allowing our government to spend more, it's in encouraging our super wealthy to pay their employees more. Therefore I want taxes higher. I do not want the government spending all those taxes stupidly, I just do not want the wealthy having incentive to cut jobs and send them overseas. Spending is an entirely different discussion. As it always should be - when discussing problems, discussing each variable separately makes more sense than discussing them together, because they aren't necessarily related. We can tax as much as we want, or we can spend as much as we want, those aren't inherently tied together.

You always think I want the government spending tons and tons of money. I don't really care. I don't think that has a big impact on our economy. People spending money has a big impact. I've asked you, in the past, to explain how a government deficit impacts our economy. You've repeatedly said something like "use your head!" but never answered.
Pretend I'm a 5 year old and tell me why a deficit is holding our economy back. I'll do the same and explain to you why our rapidly rising wealth inequality (on par with most African warlords, truthfully) is totally flushing us.

So I had thought he brought it up as an example that our taxes are already quite high. In reality, they're about as low as they've been in over 100 years.

First of all, are you dreaming? Where has higher taxes, during a recession, encouraged businesses to do anything other than close up and move to another state or country? That's what we're talking about. And that's precisely what is happening here in liberal Connecticut. Higher taxes when the economy is still shit only makes it worse for everybody. Taxes are raised when the economy is doing well. When industry is booming. Especially post-WW2 industry when there was the US and nobody else. Those are the periods you are referencing but don't even realize it because you either don't know or deliberately ignore facts.

Also, if the $17 trillion debt doesn't matter then neither should taxes. How about eliminating all tax, ignore the debt, and let the fed continue printing trillions and spending it on more bullshit. Yeah, that never worked before but somehow OBAMA.

788. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 16:40 Mad Max RW

785. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 16:13 Mad Max RW

756. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 13:04 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:52:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:47:

If you believe the government is going to fix any or all of your problems you are extremely naive.

What makes you think I want the government to fix my problems? Or that anyone else in a similar situation does? That you would even suggest that I might is a little insulting. That wasn't even the discussion. The topic was how hard work does not always equate to success. Or a better life. My point was that often the best thing working harder does for you is maintain the status quo, and I can't even manage that when I'm falling further behind every year.

Maybe because this is a discussion about Obamacare and government thinking they know better? If you're not against that then what are you? So far your posts are carefully worded so as to not to have an opinion on anything, especially the disaster that is Obamacare.

If things are so bad for you and you don't want government handouts ask Beamer to help you out. I'm sure he's very charitable with his money.

754. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:47 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:39:
... I don't know about you but I get raises based on performance reviews, in a municipal job of all places. Maybe you just get raises just because you're a special snowflake, but I don't think the real world generally follows that model.

You might be surprised with the manufacturing industry in the US today. Raises have virtually nothing to do with performance. In 13 years the only raises I've gotten have been cost of living increases (that never even match inflation) and a single one I got when I was promoted to senior electrican. I am working my ass off nowadays - more than I ever have in the past because while the workload steadily increases year-on-year we have the fewest laborers in my company's 94 year history thanks to "Lean Manufacturing". And with the huge increases in health care costs, deductibles, pharmacy plans (all prior to the ACA mind you) and just the general cost of living it feels like I make less money every year. So how exactly is my hard work being rewarded? Am I not working hard enough when I work 10 to 12 hour days, often with stretches of 2 and 3 weeks without a day off? I know get a better job, right? Except that there are no better jobs in my area. Despite all of the aforementioned issues people trying their damndest to come work at my company as it has the best pay and benefits in the area. Oh, I should just move to a better area? Okay, and take a $30,000 loss on my house since it never recovered its value after the housing market crashed, right?

Like I said, real life doesn't fit neatly into your scheme of one-line cliche solutions like "work hard to get ahead" and "make a better life for yourself". It is way more complex than that.

If you believe the government is going to fix any or all of your problems you are extremely naive.

747. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:13 Mad Max RW

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:59:

You do though. You live in the US. Why is it my problem if someone gets laid off? Of course bad things happen to good people, that's life, it isn't a picnic.

It's only ok when the government does these things. Wait, let me clarify. It's only ok when a Democratic majority run government with a Democratic president does these things. Don't point it out or you are a racist ideologue tea bagger.

741. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 11:17 Mad Max RW

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:51:
I know that asking you for specifics on anything is generally a waste of time, but I'm curious about how a president RollinThundr, in all his infinitesimal wisdom, would propose to pay for the care of all the uninsured that show up to the ERs in need of very expensive care. Please explain.

Via regulation so that both hospitals and big pharma aren't allowed to drive up cost just because they can. I think that would be a better start than forcing everyone to pay for coverages they may or may not need and allow individuals to choose what works best for them in their situations, rather than a one size fits all government mandate, buy it or suffer the consequences. Are we in America anymore? That's not even taking into account that every time through out history, anytime government tries to do something better the public sector it always ends up costing more or being implemented horribly. That goes for either party, that's just government in general, inept.

I don't claim to have all the answers bagger, but good God man, do you honestly think with all the facts coming out, that this has been somehow better at all?
"Big IT project runs late and over budget" wouldn't be news anywhere. The part about people not getting to keep their crappy insurance, thereby forcing others to pay for their care when they eventually need it, is a non-issue. I do think they should have explained that better before. I'm surprised Republicans didn't point that out a long time ago.

So your solution would be to tell doctors, hospitals and insurance companies what they can charge for their services? And you think that's better? You're right. You don't have any good answers. When you have a better plan than what we're doing now, let us know. Until then, you're just bitching about things you don't understand.

You're just repeating Obama's talking points AGAIN. Why do you follow him so blindly?

729. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 07:44 Mad Max RW

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:20:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 22:48:
The 2 million people who so far lost their healthcare (900,000 Californians in the last 2 weeks) would say Obamacare is a disaster. Next year it will be 16 million. I've been posting dozens of links showing the damage this mess of government intrusion is causing. Or just research it yourself. Even the mainstream media can't ignore any longer.

There's two types of people still defending Obamacare: those who are totally ignorant of reality and know nothing about what's going on outside their bubble; and those who accept it's hurting people but don't care because they love Obama and liberalism so much that without it their lives are meaningless. Or you're a politician looking for money and votes.

Meanwhile...
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low

Lost their healthcare, or had to switch to a different plan? By the definition I've seen in the news lately, I lose my healthcare every single year when I have to choose a new plan and pay a higher rate. What else is new?

Also, like I said before, if those plans they were on don't cover at least the basic things we need insurance for (ER, hospital stay, pretty much any kind of disease, not excluding Cancer which many try to get away with), then those people are not really covered, and we will still have the same problem with paying through the nose to cover their medical bills because there's no way they can do it themselves. They might as well be uninsured as far as the taxpayer is concerned.

That is literally what Obama started using in his hollow talking points this week. "Transitioning". And once again it isn't true.

People should be allowed to buy whatever plans they want. If I'm a young single male in perfect health, have 20/20 vision, and never used drugs, why do I have to buy maternity care, vision care, and drug rehab care? All those things and more are mandatory under Obamacare which is deliberately driving the prices up and dropping people from what they already have. Now if I don't buy that useless coverage I'm breaking the law. It's amazing there are people who defend this.

Hilarious and despicable.

720. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 22:48 Mad Max RW

The 2 million people who so far lost their healthcare (900,000 Californians in the last 2 weeks) would say Obamacare is a disaster. Next year it will be 16 million. I've been posting dozens of links showing the damage this mess of government intrusion is causing. Or just research it yourself. Even the mainstream media can't ignore any longer.

There's two types of people still defending Obamacare: those who are totally ignorant of reality and know nothing about what's going on outside their bubble; and those who accept it's hurting people but don't care because they love Obama and liberalism so much that without it their lives are meaningless. Or you're a politician looking for money and votes.

Meanwhile...
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low

670. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:38 Mad Max RW

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:30:
I haven't had much time to research it yet, but I would still love to know if it's true that they only had a couple of weeks to do integration testing. If so, then how the hell did that happen? They should have had months for that.

It is true. The contractors confirmed it and in the words of Kathleen Sebelius was an "acceptable risk". The Obama admin is either really stupid or they deliberately launched knowing how much of a disaster it would be.

[Edit] Sebelius just admitted "adequate" testing was never done before launch. She also admits they don't know the enrollment numbers because the system isn't working. Minutes earlier she said it never crashed and was functioning. Yeah, Obama will be accepting her resignation before the end of the year.

667. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:26 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:23:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:18:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:11:

I wouldn't be so sure - the democrat voters are as vehemently fanatical about their "team" as you are for yours I think.

You incorrectly assume I'm a Republican.

You misunderstand - I did not assume you are Republican. But it has been my experience that people whatever side people proclaim to be on (Tea Party, Constitutionalist,Libertarian) they will defend to the death as the only answer for America. It's just typical politics in the US.

I was equally critical of George W. Bush and his dumbfuck conservative apologists. But he's not president anymore. Obama is. And he's as big a fuck up if not more so. But so many of the people who were also critical of Bush suddenly find it "uncool" to do anything other than praise the current president. Those are hypocrites. I hate hypocrites.

1732 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo