Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1677 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
23. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 16:02 Mad Max RW

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 13:37:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 12:08:
These guys blatantly stole assets from Killing Floor and decided to ignore Tripwire when privately confronted. They more than doubled their Kickstarter goal and still have to rip somebody's work.

Your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired... They didn't blatantly rip off Killing Floor, they bought the model legitimately from the Unity asset store. It says so, in plain language, on the Reddit thread you linked. It's not their fault whoever was selling it had stolen it from the KF SDK, and now they're having these legal threats piled on top of their full-tilt development cycle. For all we know, they haven't even had a chance to read their mail in the time since Tripwire tried to contact them directly, and/or they figured that since their game is still in an early alpha state, they have plenty of time to address the issue before open beta or release or whatever. But with the DMCA notice coming down a couple days ago, they're likely to get their butts in gear a little sooner than that.

Edit: Ah, further down the source material for the story (where an alleged, self-described gaming attorney comes out calling people dicks and boasting of his arsenal of dirty lawyer tricks on the Steam community forums), we have the response from the accused:

Ok everyone, Fun Pimp here, believe it or not, here is the deal;

It's not a lawsuit, nobody is getting sued. It was the zombie feral model(or Killing Floor Clot model). Fun Pimps have contacted this gentleman and are working to resolve this issue. Rest assured this has no bearing on the game, the model will be removed and the video will be recut. Simple fix to a very small and common problem due to Unity's lack of filtering of possibly copyrighted assets.

Now, please stop calling FP theives, it was an honest mistake. We got scammed on a model, don't assume we are theives just becuase someone we bought the model from stole it. We aren't here to scam anyone, we are here to make a really fun game and this model was just a small bump in the road.

I hope this quells some superstitions and arguments.

It's good to see the FP devs stand up and clarify things. None of that information was there when I first read it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Report: Alien: Isolation TMed
2. Re: Report: Alien: Isolation TMed Oct 21, 2013, 12:38 Mad Max RW

They better not fuck up those decorative magnets. Anything but the decorative magnets!  

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
11. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 12:08 Mad Max RW

Somewhat related indie-dev shenanigans

These guys blatantly stole assets from Killing Floor and decided to ignore Tripwire when privately confronted. They more than doubled their Kickstarter goal and still have to rip somebody's work.

7 Days to Die Greenlight page updated with DMCA notice.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
57. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 06:56 Mad Max RW

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 00:41:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 23:52:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 23:48:
Fletch wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 23:24:
The only thing that can remedy his obsession with the black guy in the White House involves a windowless black van, men in white coats, and about 6 months of deprogramming. It's just easier to ignore him.

What a sad existence.
Funny how with the left it always comes down to race. If *insert race* *people oppose idea* automatically *you're racist.*

Odd how many on the right believe that success and failure are based on the person...but that's obviously racist too.

It makes you wonder who the real racists are, doesn't it?

Is this where you link your favorite website with the alternative history of ww2 that paints Adolf Hitler as a good misunderstood guy as you did in the past?

Except I never did that. You must have me confused with a liberal.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2013, 07:12.

39. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 23:52 Mad Max RW

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 23:48:
Fletch wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 23:24:
The only thing that can remedy his obsession with the black guy in the White House involves a windowless black van, men in white coats, and about 6 months of deprogramming. It's just easier to ignore him.

What a sad existence.
Funny how with the left it always comes down to race. If *insert race* *people oppose idea* automatically *you're racist.*

Odd how many on the right believe that success and failure are based on the person...but that's obviously racist too.

It makes you wonder who the real racists are, doesn't it?

37. removed Oct 20, 2013, 23:40 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 21, 2013, 09:19.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. removed Oct 20, 2013, 19:00 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 21, 2013, 09:13.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video
48. Re: Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video Oct 20, 2013, 18:58 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 12:36:
Slinkycatz wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 12:15:
Cutter...

You've left the realm of healthy skepticism and into the realm of using conspiracy theories to defend your belief. How much farther are you going to go? Are you going to keep attacking the game even if it releases and thrives for a decade, just because of a need to be right?

How closely have you looked at this game? How many times have you visited the site and read the forums? Have you watched any Wingman's Hangar episodes? Have you kept track of the fluctuations in donations?

I do like your skepticism in other threads, you make excellent points. Sometimes, you need to turn that skepticism around on yourself.

I appreciate that but that's where you and I disagree. Like any good ponzi scheme the idea is to see constant returns that are healthy but not outrageous enough to trigger suspicion. So given how recent and small crowdfunding is to see this sort of pattern should raise a lot of skepticism if not outright alarm bells. And as JV points out, - again like a ponzi scheme - it's private. There's no third party verifying any of this. They can easily be pulling numbers out of their ass or moving them around however they please to spin it to you the consumer. No, if anything, some of you need to be a lot more critical in your thinking on this and not quite so wishful in your thinking.

I love space sims, but Roberts has shown me nothing that says I should trust him, and has in fact done quite the opposite by obfuscating so many concrete details. A year ago when I called SWOTOR a 300 million dollar failure before launch the fanboys went off on me then too. Well, we see how that worked out, right? No, my skepticism is very healthy and very objective, for some of you? Not so much.

Whatever, don't take my word for it. But when the rubber hits the road you just remember who called it.

Why don't you ask King Obama to look into it for you?

21. removed Oct 20, 2013, 18:53 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 21, 2013, 09:13.

16. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 17:37 Mad Max RW

Does a proper game ending really have to be explained? Are people that stupid?  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Early Beta Status
14. Re: Wasteland 2 Early Beta Status Oct 20, 2013, 13:41 Mad Max RW

Bethesda is good at one thing: creating set pieces. Their "role playing" games are shit, but they can make nice little areas packed with details. The stuff in between, the stories, characters, gameplay, combat balance, etc. is one failure after another. Obsidian saved Fallout's credibility as a serious RPG with New Vegas. There's so much more logic put into the setting and story (something that was completely lacking in Fallout 3). Combat still sucks, though. Hopefully Wasteland 2 can deliver what has been missing since Fallout 2.

I still haven't beaten Skyrim because of the dull story and how plastic the world feels. They did a good job polishing everything else since Morrowind.

News Comments > Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released
14. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 18, 2013, 07:43 Mad Max RW

Currently it's $20 with the 20% off week long deal. Having already bought the game twice and not being offered an additional rebate I'll wait for the holiday sale. The STALKER devs did this for dedicated fans. I'm not sure why they refuse to do the same here.  

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
36. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 07:32 Mad Max RW

Thank God. GFWL was such a miserable experience for me in the first Batman I skipped Arkham City entirely. Not recognizing my login info for whatever reason, waiting to update, failing to login, updating again, searching through pages for an obscure link to play the game without having to login, game tries to login and fails every single time I startup anyway, finally play hours later.

Getting around it in GTA4 was as simple as downloading a custom patch. I don't give two shits about achievements or some lame ass "social club" gimmicks.

News Comments > Anachronox on Steam
4. Re: Anachronox on Steam Oct 17, 2013, 23:28 Mad Max RW

I'm fairly certain Tom Hall is willing to do a sequel if the original team gets back together and he can somehow wrangle the IP from Square Enix. Some of them continued patching the game on their free time years after release. The love and dedication is there. Money on the other hand...

[Edit] Just checked and it looks like Square Enix is sitting on the IP. The same thing happened to Carmageddon until the original creators, Stainless, got it back after many years apart. So it's not impossible.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2013, 23:36.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 37 More Games
2. Re: Steam Greenlights 37 More Games Oct 16, 2013, 19:56 Mad Max RW

What? Still no Black Mesa?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
136. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 21:37 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 20:56:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 20:39:
I demand links and the names of those billionaires with concrete evidence backing up everything you just said.

Love how you demand things, that is how conservatives work, so punishing in how they reason and look at things. It's black and white... even though we live in a world a color.

I was making a comment on that earlier chucklefuck's post about how nobody opposing the liberal viewpoint posted any links.

Have you boycotted those evil corporations yet? Did you throw out your computer and cell phone in protest? Or do you think linking to it and pretending to be offended on a video game website will finally get that hope and change started?

How do you feel about Obama giving corporations a 1 year pass on the Obamacare mandate while individuals are left with their thumbs in their ass?

131. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 20:39 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 20:34:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 20:00:
You say this as if we don't want the same thing. I just don't want to pay for everyone else.

Following Obama's policies you're going to shrink the middle class not grow it. We're already heading there now.

You also seriously can't say "Hey I'm a fiscal conservative!" while in the same breath advocating bigger government and more government spending. Does not compute.

Yes this is always the hang up with middle class republicans. They are so damned concerned about poor people who could do better for themselves, that they are getting away with something they shouldn't, it isn't always poor people getting away with something either. I'll assume there is a large percentage of people that get beni's that really need them.

But on the other end you have billionaires who are getting away with even more that benefit only a few at the detriment of many. I'll call this a wash just to make the math easier to figure out. Public Welfare = Corporate Welfare. Some of it is legit and some of it bleeds the economy like a vampire.

Obama is shrinking the middle class? Hardly, corporations laying off, using PT loopholes and taking benis and pay away is shrinking the middle class. As their bottom lines grow, they are doing anything but giving that gain back to the worker (as if it isn't a two way street to sell said products), instead they add to the layoff numbers.

Fiscal Conservative to me means spending within your means. Yes you can look to record high debt now (and we know how the biggest chunk in 2008 happened). But we've seen both parties have huge reductions in said debt and huge gains to such debt, it isn't all about which party dictates exactly how debt is grown or reduced. Markets and timing have more to do with that than party politics.

Who knows what Obama could have done if there wasn't gridlock. Who knows what any president could have done due to gridlock, yet another thing both parties have had to face usually with sad results. It's hard to judge what any president truly is when both sides won't work together.

As you spread fear that if the Dems had full control, they'd have unlimited kickbacks to the poor and rising taxes to a point it all explodes. I'll sell fear that if the repubs had full control they would further reduce benis, pay, protections to middle class worker, getting us more inline with China.

I demand links and the names of those billionaires with concrete evidence backing up everything you just said.

129. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 20:28 Mad Max RW

An example reminding people of the UK's lovely healthcare system at work: Former NHS director dies after operation is cancelled four times at her own hospital

And for some fun current events for the lazy liberals too stupid or stubborn to turn their gaze from MSNBC for one minute of their lives:

How Obamacare's Exchanges Turned Into A 'Third World Experience'

New York Times Public Editor Admits Paper Has Liberal Bias

Health insurance premiums for young people will rise in all 50 states under Obamacare, with an average increase of 260 percent

Kathleen Sebelius: Obamacare Implementation May Cause Some Health Care Costs To Rise

Health Insurers Raise Some Rates by Double Digits

Exchanges Will Raise U.S. Health-Care Costs

Obamacare Is a Raw Deal for Millennials

And there's tons more if you take the time and read. I wonder how many of you will bother. Or will you just follow the predictable tactic of burying your heads in the sand and dismiss everything that might shake your house of cards called liberalism? I bet you will. Just turn on the Daily Show for laughs or MSNBC and watch proven racists like Al Sharpton and Chris Matthews spoon feed more bullshit. If that's what helps you sleep at night while living in debt because you were too lazy to read and plan ahead for what is a disaster.

Did anyone here who supports Obamacare try to sign up for it yet? You better get to it, then, because without tens of millions of young healthy people joining in the next few months the whole thing will collapse from a lack of funds. After more than $1.6 trillion they still don't have enough to keep this monster going. Come on guys! Show your support! Or are you racist?

123. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2013, 16:51 Mad Max RW

So how many of you signed up for Obamacare?  

89. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 23:16 Mad Max RW

He must be channeling the inner "violent Tea Party rhetoric" he hears so much about.  

1677 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo