Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1528 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
29. removed Jul 10, 2013, 08:49 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 10, 2013, 09:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
6. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 9, 2013, 23:17 Mad Max RW

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 22:25:
hype to peak the LoL crowd interest... still cant see how people play this kind of app.. its about as much as a "game" as it is a waterpik.

But is it TOP PC?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:45 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:39:
Looks good, but also think how much a 360 and PS3 straps it. This would have been an amazing next gen only title. But I get why they didn't go that way, I'll totally wait for the 1.5 version of the game, also known as the PC version.

I agree. Rockstar needs guaranteed sales now on systems millions of people already own, not in 2-3 years when the next gen consoles are eventually in enough homes to justify their development costs.

As I did for GTA4 I'll patiently wait for the PC version.

News Comments > Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC
27. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 9, 2013, 10:41 Mad Max RW

InBlack wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:30:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:20:
BL2 is a functionally better and more polished game. However, there was way more care put into the original game's design. Levels are detailed and consistent. The second playthrough is challenging and the majority of the DLC was great. For the sequel the DLC is mostly forgettable crap, the environments are big and under-utilized, and later playthroughs are simply not challenging. Making enemies into bullet sponges quickly loses the fun factor. Borderlands 2 seemed to follow the kitchen sink philosophy of design. It has everything and none of it is particularly great. In that way it reminds me of the distinctions between Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. The first is a tighter, more consistent experience. The second is a huge monster of a game you can easily get bored and quit halfway through.

Please dont tell me you got bored and quit halfway through one of the best if not THE best RPGs ever made. Im sorry but I respectfully disagree, Fallout2 is much better than Fallout1 any way you look at it.

I got through BL2's first and second playthrough online and maxed out my Zero character in casual random games. I also completed all the DLC at least once. BL1 I played dozens of times.

Fallout 1 vs. Fallout 2 is a debate that's been going on for more than a decade. I can tear apart your notion 2 is better and explain in detail so many examples as to why such as the horrible mandatory Temple of Trials tutorial, the over-reliance of slapstick humor and pop culture references, the stupid story, and the painfully tedious Enclave oil rig ending. Every time I replay Fallout 1 I finish it. Every time I try to replay Fallout 2 I quit shortly after Vault City and the NCR because the quests are terrible and you have little to no control over the pacing of the game. Fallout 1 you can play how you want 100% of the time. But this is so far off the topic.

25. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 9, 2013, 10:20 Mad Max RW

BL2 is a functionally better and more polished game. However, there was way more care put into the original game's design. Levels are detailed and consistent. The second playthrough is challenging and the majority of the DLC was great. For the sequel the DLC is mostly forgettable crap, the environments are big and under-utilized, and later playthroughs are simply not challenging. Making enemies into bullet sponges quickly loses the fun factor. Borderlands 2 seemed to follow the kitchen sink philosophy of design. It has everything and none of it is particularly great. In that way it reminds me of the distinctions between Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. The first is a tighter, more consistent experience. The second is a huge monster of a game you can easily get bored and quit halfway through.  

27. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 10:08 Mad Max RW

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:04:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 09:55:
Axis wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 09:11:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 21:51:
Bungie was barely a fart in the wind for PC gaming.

You rest my case.

Are you having a temper tantrum because I called you out?

Come now, Bungie was a top developer in that day.

No no no. They were TOP PC.

25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 9, 2013, 09:55 Mad Max RW

Axis wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 09:11:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 21:51:
Bungie was barely a fart in the wind for PC gaming.

You rest my case.

Are you having a temper tantrum because I called you out?

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 21:51 Mad Max RW

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 20:09:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 18:14:
Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:57:
Back in the day Bungie was top PC, Myth, Oni, Top shit in the day.

Then MS buys em out and they go console only with a basic shooter. And yes, halo is a basic shooter nothing special. It's just one of the first decent ones designed on the console so all the nubs ate it up.

Top PC? You mean top like the Myth 2 uninstall bug formatting hard drives being one of the top worst game glitches in PC gaming history? Before that it was the Marathon series exclusive to Macintosh. Oni was mediocre at best. So what "top PC" are you talking about?

Halo was originally a RTS when MS bought them and retooled it to a PC exclusive. Then it was retooled again and became a FPS launch title for their new Xbox console.

I said Myth, not Myth 2. I was too busy clanning on the quake ladders FPS bandwagon to go back to rts's. And I'm sure 90% of you didn't even have a PC when these games came out. Myth owned, Bungie was a top dog developer and that's a fact. I didn't include marathon because you had to be stupid to pay the ridiculous price for a capable gaming mac back then with almost no titles worth a crap, but marathon was the game macheads bowed to.

I'm well aware of Halo's history, and if I weren't I could wiki stuff like you did. Difference is... I was there when bungie was considered a top dog, and you won't be able to wiki that anywhere hence your incorrect disagreeing.

I literally laughed out loud at your assumption I wasn't around back then. Bungie was barely a fart in the wind for PC gaming. I'm calling bullshit on you.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2013, 23:39.

4. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 8, 2013, 21:48 Mad Max RW

So who is developing the new IP for them?  

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 18:14 Mad Max RW

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:57:
Back in the day Bungie was top PC, Myth, Oni, Top shit in the day.

Then MS buys em out and they go console only with a basic shooter. And yes, halo is a basic shooter nothing special. It's just one of the first decent ones designed on the console so all the nubs ate it up.

Top PC? You mean top like the Myth 2 uninstall bug formatting hard drives being one of the top worst game glitches in PC gaming history? Before that it was the Marathon series exclusive to Macintosh. Oni was mediocre at best. So what "top PC" are you talking about?

Halo was originally a RTS when MS bought them and retooled it to a PC exclusive. Then it was retooled again and became a FPS launch title for their new Xbox console.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans?
18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans? Jul 8, 2013, 12:59 Mad Max RW

Some of you guys are missing the facts here. Gearbox isn't developing the DLC. Most of it was by Nerve Software (multiplayer maps), Timegate (maps and other assets), Demiurge Studios (Bug Hunt and other things), and Darkside Game Studios (supposedly the new singleplayer DLC). The only reason anything is coming out is they have a contract with Sega to provide support through the end of August. Since the game flopped both parties are doing the absolute bare minimum of work to avoid breaking the contract and getting sued.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans?
3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans? Jul 8, 2013, 10:17 Mad Max RW

Gearbox didn't develop any of the DLC in-house and no advertising was done for their release. Nobody is buying. Sega just wants to rush this crap out before the August 31st deadline when their contract with Gearbox expires.  

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
22. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 5, 2013, 21:28 Mad Max RW

ViRGE wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 19:35:
Frijoles wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 13:41:
I also enjoyed Rage. Way too short though. And I could do without the driving fluff. Just give me some maps to crawl through with lots of atmosphere.
Agreed. If they had ditched the driving sections and given it a better final act, I think it would have done very well for itself.

It would have helped if the game ran properly at launch. Remember it was unplayable for AMD users because of some bogus driver issues. At least half of PC gamers couldn't get beyond the starting room. If you wanted to tweak the most basic settings you had to manually edit obscure values in some ini files. That just opened the door for an army of idiots complaining about breaking their game so id software locked it all down with one of the few patches they ever released. It was a longer wait until they correctly patched things again.

Oh and if they had included the SDK at launch as they promised (and previewed) instead of waiting more than a year when everyone already lost interest. Yeah, those things with an ending that wasn't a joke and none of the boring padding would have made a great game. Also some halfway decent multiplayer instead of boring coop arenas nobody ever touched.

Rage had one of the worst launches in recent years until A:CM took the crown for big blockbuster fuckup.

News Comments > Unannounced Epic Game Revealed
9. Re: Unannounced Epic Game Revealed Jul 5, 2013, 18:14 Mad Max RW

Does anybody honestly care about what Epic does outside of their tech development? As far as I know none of the original team are still there. And Fortnite looks like shit.  

News Comments > Final Sven Co-op for Half-Life
7. Re: Final Sven Co-op for Half-Life Jul 3, 2013, 22:03 Mad Max RW

I must have played several hundred hours of SvenCoop with the RPG plugin on the Netland Gaming server. So damn addictive.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Movie Status
26. Re: World of Warcraft Movie Status Jul 3, 2013, 17:13 Mad Max RW

Nothing about a World of Warcraft movie makes sense to me. Video game movies suck. Even the "good" ones are still less than B-rate trash. People aren't going to run out to see this. Also, Duncan Jones. How did he go from Moon, which was brilliant, to this? It's a mindfuck.  

News Comments > Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned
41. Re: Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned Jul 3, 2013, 12:12 Mad Max RW

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 10:48:
This would be like if the guys that made FTL decided to program an advanced 3d engine, and model their universe out in it, because they got a shitload more money than they asked for.

They got over-funded, stayed true to the game they pitched, and no one got upset because their game was really great.

Exactly! FTL was already in development and had a solid design doc to follow. Double Fine's adventure game Kickstarter was just that, a "Double Fine adventure". It was an open idea with nothing to back it up until after they raised the $3.3 million. And it appears to be falling apart because of the precious lack of early organization. That's why I didn't pledge for this project but have for others.

News Comments > Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned
4. Re: Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned Jul 2, 2013, 21:10 Mad Max RW

What a disaster. I hope they rebound because they are cool guys. Kinda glad I didn't pledge now.  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 12:59 Mad Max RW

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 09:40:

All the videos we've seen to date are of an unfinished build of the game...

Come on. This is the most common excuse for every game with poor visuals. People should know better by now. Do you honestly think they are hiding the "good version" days before release?

News Comments > The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow
6. Re: The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow Jul 2, 2013, 12:05 Mad Max RW

coldcut wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 10:27:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 10:04:
I still can't play the game because of unfixed game breaking bugs.
What bug was it for you? I had problems in Episode 2, when I had to get a zombie off the back of the truck (can't remember correctly). The game just told me "push him off" or so, but none of the buttons and anything worked. After 5-10 tries I was so frustrated that I didn't pick up the game ever since. This was after going the "unusual" route of saving the guy instead of the girl, in that case she would just have blown the zombie away with her gun, as I saw in a YT let's play.

God dammit that is the exact problem I ran into playing last night and rage quit after trying for a couple hours to track down something I thought I missed.

The Walking Dead would have been so much better as a traditional Lucas Arts style point and click adventure. How you control movement and looking around is so clunky and wrong for this style of game.

1528 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo