Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1635 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 30, 2013, 12:16 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 11:30:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 10:31:
Oh you mean the same war that since Obama "ended" more than 70 American troops have been killed and hundreds more injured?

Yep, the same war initiated by republicans. That one.

It's all the same.

Hillary Clinton was a Republican in 2002? She's a favorite among Democrats today. What happened?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 30, 2013, 10:31 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 10:07:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 08:26:
Nevermind the fact during Obama's first 4 years spending for just the war in Afghanistan surged well past the entirety of Bush's 8. Forget we have troops deployed in more than 150 countries. And forget Democrats helped authorize the Iraq and Aghanistan war and Obama just goes in without Congressional approval arming the very same people who want to kill us.

Also don't forget that they actually ended one and are ending the other next year. Or hey, do forget that and try to place the blame solely on one party.

Smaller government! Less spending! Elect republicans! Oops.

The sooner people clue in that both parties are just corporate whores the better we'll all be. Politics needs a complete do over in America.

Oh you mean the same war that since Obama "ended" more than 70 American troops have been killed and hundreds more injured?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2013, 10:29 Mad Max RW

The new Shadow Warrior really is very good. Flying Wild Hog learned a lot from Hard Reset and it shows. Level design is detailed and beautiful as usual with a new emphasis on earning secrets. And the secrets are exactly the stuff you'd find in the original Build engine games. I love how it's packed with easter eggs like Godzilla stomping along behind some mountains and a chunk of the original game hidden behind a waterfall. Melee combat is surprisingly well done and so satisfying. They definitely didn't skimp on the gore. Movement is faster than I expected and less clunky. I like the new upgrade mechanic. It isn't just a redone version of Hard Reset, but they thought it out logically. My only gripe is there is no multiplayer or coop and doubtful they will ever add mod support.

I said Flying Wild Hog was a studio to keep an eye on after Hard Reset. They are in a position now to put Gearbox and id software to shame.

11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 30, 2013, 08:26 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 02:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:47:
Yes because you can totally spend your way out of a financial crisis.

You can certainly spend your way into it with wars and out of control defense budgets.

Nevermind the fact during Obama's first 4 years spending for just the war in Afghanistan surged well past the entirety of Bush's 8. Forget we have troops deployed in more than 150 countries. And forget Democrats helped authorize the Iraq and Aghanistan war and Obama just goes in without Congressional approval arming the very same people who want to kill us.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 22:23 Mad Max RW

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:13:
I wonder how long before Steam will pull the plug on the "early access" due to all the bitching and complaining.

If it's bringing in money then pulling the plug is extremely unlikely.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
12. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 29, 2013, 19:41 Mad Max RW

Taskeen wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 18:38:

Wake Up. Now.

And then what? Lecture people on video game websites? Whoa you're really stickin it to The Man™. A real revolutionary.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 29, 2013, 17:38 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:25:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 17:09:
Unless Americans can learn to sidestep the trap of liberal/conservative-democrat/republican and start looking at the facts of the matter on political topics, we're screwed.

That's bullshit. The GOP are now, and have always been the problem. They refuse to budge on anything ever. The Democrats are the only ones who ever look for consensus. And it's why people are tired of the GOP.

Hahahaha. Is that part of your standup comedy act?

News Comments > Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
16. Re: Early Word on Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Sep 26, 2013, 16:56 Mad Max RW

Efflixi wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 16:07:
They admit they screwed up in a new email they just sent out. All previous backers will get ALL DLC and new content until the end of time. They won't have to pay more. Anyone who backed them for $15 (the minimum for the game) gets all the dlc they release free.

Not surprised by this at all. Nobby is a good guy and has always been good to his fanbase.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2013, 11:45 Mad Max RW

I had a totally different idea what Jewelanche was before clicking it.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced
12. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced Sep 26, 2013, 07:10 Mad Max RW

Kedyn wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 05:44:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 21:44:
A total lack of gameplay footage and only a couple months away? That's a big red flag right there.

I wouldn't go that far - this game has been in the works for quite a while, and I doubt Trey and Matt would put out a shitty game.

Did you play South Park for the N64? It was made by the Turok devs and fell flat on its face. At the tme I got a kick out of it but was able to recognize a horrible game when I saw one.

Obsidian's South Park went through classic development hell. Remember it was canceled at one point when THQ went bankrupt. Nearly the entire thing was completed in the last year. The whole dev cycle was completely fucked.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced
2. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced Sep 25, 2013, 21:44 Mad Max RW

A total lack of gameplay footage and only a couple months away? That's a big red flag right there.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 24, 2013, 09:12 Mad Max RW

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 23:40:
No hurry... just do it and Torment right.

That reminds me I already got some of my Torment Kickstarter rewards (books) in the mail but nothing for Wasteland 2.

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
91. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 19:03 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 18:34:
Overon wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 18:13:
If it wasn't for games, I would probably be using GNU/Linux instead of Microsoft Windows. If more game ran natively on GNU/Linux I would not be using Microsoft Windows.

That describes almost every PC gamer. That's why I've never understood why MS has dropped the ball so badly on it and wasted so much time and money on console wars when they had the PC locked up and could have expanded the hell out of it. Yeah, if all games ran native under Linux we would have dumped Windows years ago.

Which is precisely why Valve is investing millions of dollars into this. If they had a real competitor it might force Microsoft to get their act together. Valve was ahead of the curve with digital distribution. Who knows, maybe they'll pull it off again.

News Comments > Alien Rage Trailer
6. Re: Alien Rage Trailer Sep 23, 2013, 15:38 Mad Max RW

Rhett wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 13:51:
I don't think it could look or sound any more generic...

They can always rename it Colonial Marines.

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 19:23 Mad Max RW

walrus1 wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 14:50:
You clearly either have never read RPS or are too stupid to respect something that is well written and might disagree with your little homophobic misogynistic world that exists entirely in your head. /thread.

Liberal tears are so delicious.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 11:21 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:10:
Now with Obamacare going into effect, which is basically the European model, I have no idea what will happen.

The medical and insurance industries will make slightly less money and less people will go bankrupt from medical expenses. It's rough but you'll manage.

That's a common misconception. By design Obamacare picks winners and losers in the medical industry. Simply, the biggest supporters of the Obama regime will make vast fortunes when people are forced to buy into them. Drugs and medical procedures will only get more expensive. They already are if you paid attention to the over-regulation from this administration. In addition, the government will rake in some cash by punishing small businesses across the country. Will I still have my present coverage by the end of next year? I have no idea but it's looking doubtful. This will result in another crash where the government sets itself up to pass another fraudulent bailout where all they are doing is seizing more control. Historically they have a really bad track record here. Also keep a close eye on what they do to private education. That's where the next big crash is coming from and it was all a setup. Obamacare's monopolization of the student loan program is like murder.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2013, 11:32.

News Comments > More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week
23. Re: More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week Sep 21, 2013, 01:26 Mad Max RW

Gabe actually looks a hell of a lot better the past year. He's still big but not like he's about to die. Do people forget how bad he looked in 2003/2004? It was a real cause for concern. He still needs a haircut, though.  

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 01:10 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 01:07:
Yeah, socialized democracy sucks. That's why the US ranks 28 - and is still falling - in every quality of life survey very year where all the socialized democracies are always in the top 10. But you go ahead and keep on deluding yourself there, Max. The plutocrats in the US are literally laughing all the way to the bank when they think about people like you.

My healthcare is perfectly fine. I work and have great insurance coverage. Now with Obamacare going into effect, which is basically the European model, I have no idea what will happen. What I do know is my work is not hiring anybody new because of Obamacare and for no other reason. So you go on and keep deluding yourself it's a good thing.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 00:51 Mad Max RW

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 00:24:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 23:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 20:01:
Universal healthcare, Occupy Wall Street

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Two of the biggest jokes (and frauds) of the last 100 years.

This is completely the wrong site for this kind of discussion, but you do know that basically the rest of the developed world has functional, universal health care, right?

Occupy Wall Street was pretty sad and ineffectual, but their hearts were in the right place at least. Saying it was the biggest joke/fraud of the last 100 years just indicates a lack of knowledge of history, really.

Offtopic, I think these sort of discussions are some sort of contagious virus. I am taking time away from my Skyrim to post this.

Crumbling welfare states with barely functional bottom of the barrel healthcare. It works great until you need it. There's a reason the EU is a disaster with nations falling like dominoes. Out of control entitlement spending is crushing everybody. And it's rapidly coming to an end.

Occupy Wall Street was made up of anarchists, communists, anti-Semites, racists, drug addicts, naive college kids and hypocritical retards funded by Media Matters and SCIU. I was there at Zuccotti Park and saw it with my own two eyes. They were a total fraud with no message and no credibility. Their ideas of "social justice" ended when they started passing out maps of the park segregating all the different groups of idiots because they couldn't get through a single night without fighting each other. And I especially admired how they hired private security to keep homeless people from stealing their free food. Their talk of "environmental justice" went down the toilet when junk accumulated into literal mountains of trash ruining the park. The whole site was toxic when they were finally forced out.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2013, 01:07.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 23:57 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 20:01:
Universal healthcare, Occupy Wall Street

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Two of the biggest jokes (and frauds) of the last 100 years.

1635 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo