Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1755 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 21:34 Mad Max RW

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 21:13:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 20:15:
I don't get how you still think I'm a right winger when multiple times on this site I said I'm not a registered Republican or a member of the Tea Party and have proven to be equally critical of previous administrations over the years.

Because you mouth right wing rhetoric as if it is the the soul of wit and then in a follow up post you complain that the Republican party isn't conservative enough? You may be neither a Republican or active Tea Party member, but the ideas you argue for are certainly right wing.

So what am I supposed to do? Every time I'm critical of liberals I have to add that I also support gay marriage and the legalization of pot? It's ridiculous.

The NYT is a liberal establishment. This is fact. I used their own words to back it up and you and others attack me because I didn't add those caveats making sure I'm not some Fox News obsessed right winger so it must not be true, right? You have been so completely manipulated it's hysterical how easily I can predict everything you're going to say.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 20:15 Mad Max RW

I don't get how you still think I'm a right winger when multiple times on this site I said I'm not a registered Republican or a member of the Tea Party and have proven to be equally critical of previous administrations over the years. This stuff drives me nuts. If you're critical of a liberal president you are a racist right winger. If you were critical of a conservative president, especially right before and during a major war, you're an unpatriotic traitor. This is the kind of bullshit the mainstream media dug itself into a hole so deep they will never escape. The NYT's continued profit loss is a good enough indicator. MSNBC's and CNN's record low ratings. All these liberal journalists are eating it now.

Anyway, the Republicans of today are only slightly less drunk on the idea of bigger government compared to their Democratic counterparts. I'm hopeful when I see Tea Party Republicans pissing off their party's establishment by offering up something different by actually following the Constitution. Bitching about them doesn't make sense to me when the establishment was, is, and will forever be the source of our problems. Where's the alternative in the Democratic party? In the next few months and years the liberal media you pretend doesn't exist or matter will feed us a narrative that Hillary is that alternative. I'll bet the majority of people here will eat it right up and ask for more.

But hey, if you want to continue living as an ignorant child be my guest. It amuses me.

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 19:14 Mad Max RW

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 19:01:
Get over yourself, teabagger.

Stopped reading after you showed your hand as yet another internet puppet. One day (when you are a grown up) you'll realize how wrong you were in your youth as a liberal student regurgitating the same nonsense and lies.

Here, I have a present for you. It's the right color. See if it fits.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 15:29 Mad Max RW

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 14:56:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 10:38:
Who actually reads and takes the NYTimes seriously? Oh yeah, liberals.

A NYT editorial once said something I disagree with, therefore the whole newspaper is just liberal propaganda. I know because Fox told me so!

Even the NYT admitted they have a liberal bias. It's common knowledge IF you read. But the liberal internet warriors on Blue's News lack such basic understandings. Bury you head in the sand and deflect to Fox instead. Predictable. You are especially ironic when the interview I linked first aired on CNN. I'm sure you were already aware of it, right? Being such avid readers of the NYT you wouldn't want to sound like you missed something important.

Now instead of acknowledging they have a liberal bias and I am *gasp* right again, desperately find a way to deflect. Or better yet, take the coward's way out and ignore.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2013, 15:36.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 10:38 Mad Max RW

Who actually reads and takes the NYTimes seriously? Oh yeah, liberals.  

News Comments > On Sale
35. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 10:33 Mad Max RW

Dev wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 00:19:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 23:02:
Are the early access games you're looking at self published? Then there's your answer as to why early access exists.
Oh, you mean like this one?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239220
The one ubisoft is doing? The P2W game they've marked as early access? That will become F2P but right now is pay only?

Never heard of it and don't care. Game looks like a pile of shit anyway. Who would be stupid enough to buy that? The vast majority of early access games are by microscopic indie devs working on a fraction of the budget to what big publishers would usually fund them. This has to be explained every day because morons like to cry.

Get it now? Oh no of course not.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2013, 11:00.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 23:02 Mad Max RW

Are the early access games you're looking at self published? Then there's your answer as to why early access exists.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 16:15 Mad Max RW

I'm surprised. You own pretty much everything else on Steam.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
56. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 12:32 Mad Max RW

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 12:28:
I'm done with you, dipshit.

Awwwwww. BOO HOO HOO! BOOOOOO HOOOOO. Here, you need this more than Cutter.

53. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 12:26 Mad Max RW

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 12:21:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 11:39:

Those of you who still believe that Valve/Steam cares about customer service can now gently lay that myth to rest.

Really? Because I didn't have a single issue. Not quite ready to "lay that myth to rest" yet, hmm?

God you are full of shit.

So you were able to get through when their entire infrastructure collapsed yesterday? Good for you. And if you didn't have any problems, nobody else can possibly have problems either, right? Stop thinking you're the king of the universe, moronic fucking asstard.

Stop expecting everything to work 100% of the time for you then coming here crying like a baby when it doesn't. You are the perfect example of the entitlement generation. GIMME GIMME GIMME I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW! Have some patience for once in your life. Baby.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2013, 12:23 Mad Max RW

Rigs wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 12:11:
Yes, but think about it for just a second...had this mod actually allowed all the seething hate to fill that forum, do you honestly think it would have lasted this long? It would have imploded into a singularity of pure, vile hatred and evil, slowly consuming the net in an ever expanding event horizon of horror (holy shit, I need to write this down! )...

=-Rigs-=

If that was such a problem they would have locked the forum. Instead they moderate in such a way only one side is allowed to speak. That resulted in a mass exodus of people who had been there for years. The whole point of a forum is to promote discussion. And today it's all but empty, effectively killing whatever community was left.

Their failed petition for more DLC/SDK/Dedicated servers is evidence of the fruits of their horrible community relations and overall abusive behavior directed at long term fans. They only needed 1,000 signatures and while we're closing on the 1 year anniversary it isn't halfway there.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2013, 12:01 Mad Max RW

Good to be reminded of how awful Aliens Colonial Marines turned out. Easily beating out Daikatana for disappointment value. And still a year later there's a handful of apologists trolling the pathetic Gearbox forums. The one moderator who continues running/censoring that place (Damien_Azrael) should be ashamed of himself.  

49. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 11:45 Mad Max RW

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 11:39:

Those of you who still believe that Valve/Steam cares about customer service can now gently lay that myth to rest.

Really? Because I didn't have a single issue. Not quite ready to "lay that myth to rest" yet, hmm?

God you are full of shit.

44. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 09:00 Mad Max RW

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 08:51:
El Pit wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 06:32:
Ladron3dfx wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 22:47:
Free? A slap in the face to all those who purchased the game years ago.

Exactly. Evil Steam, right? And this Prime Evil GOG! Giving away the Fallout games, that I bought for about $90 a piece (import back in the day). This is outrageous! GOG is what is wrong with pc games these days! People won't buy pc games anymore, and it's GOG to be blamed for it.

Yep. He can't order from them any more, either. I mean, people wouldn't want to think him any more a hypocrite than he already is, right?

Hypocrites on Blue's News? No! Never!

32. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 22:00 Mad Max RW

I wasn't a big fan of the first game (lost all my time in Killing Floor instead) but you can't beat free.  

News Comments > Christmas Eve Metaverse
6. Re: Christmas Eve Metaverse Dec 24, 2013, 21:37 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 16:10:
There's a reason 1984 and V for Vendetta are set in Britain. And it's all coming to pass. Guys like Gibson got it right. It's going to be dystopian corporatocracy around the world before too long.

What happened to you going "off the grid?"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2013, 22:21 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:29:
Hoop wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 17:20:
Ok it's been a week since I went to see The Desolation of Smaug in 3d hfr.
I was really looking forward to this as I liked the first very much but this one just left me cold & no amount of dragon fire was going to thaw my cold indifference to it's nonexistent charms.
I never read the books so plot changes were never really going to be an issue however plenty of things annoyed me.

Not books. Book. It's a single book. And you can read it an hour or three. It's really not much more than a short story or a novella. That's why everyone familiar with is is scratching their heads wondering how you pull 9 hours of movie out of it without padding the shit out of it which they're obviously doing.

I liked your remark about the horns though, heh.

I'm holding the book in my hands right now and it's 279 pages. Hardly a "novella". But then again, you are always wrong about every single thing you ever say.

Here's the official breakdown:

Short Story
~ 1,000 - 7,500 words

Novellette
~ 7,500 - 20,000 words

Novella
~ 20,000 - 50,000 words

Novel
~ 50,000 -110,000 words

The Hobbit is exactly 95,356 words. Two seconds. That's how long it takes to look that up.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 22:29.

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
8. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 11:12 Mad Max RW

Only experience with Uplay I had was Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon and it hasn't created a single headache.

Now with GFWL I was unable to complete Arkham Asylum until they removed it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 19, 2013, 09:07 Mad Max RW

Lord Tea wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 03:30:
Silicon Valley doesn't give a crap about their users. The only thing they are concerned about is the NSA-caused collapse of their userbase which in turn leads to a collapse of their profits.

They also care about getting sued and regulated into bankruptcy by the federal government if they don't comply.

News Comments > Rise of the Wang
5. Re: Rise of the Wang Dec 18, 2013, 21:35 Mad Max RW

Longswd wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 19:50:
This should bring out the politically correct bleeding hearts and drive them into a hair rending, shrieking frenzy.

I can't wait

They're busy crying about PAX and the Redskins right now. Don't want to spread their phony controversies too thin.

1755 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo