Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1677 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
53. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 09:17 Mad Max RW

Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 09:06:
Rigs wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 12:07:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 11:53:
Maybe that survivor 2299 site isn't fake after all.

thesurvivor2299.com

Is there supposed to be a 24-day countdown on that site?

=-Rigs-=

I'm going to try to translate that Morse Code when I get some time.

It was already translated to 11.12.13. Also the filename references Bridgeport, CT, which I find perfectly fitting if you ever visited that piece of shit city. I would buy the game just to see if the nuked out version of Connecticut is in a better shape than its real life counterpart.

...that's if all of this isn't a big hoax, and it's looking like it is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
27. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 18:46 Mad Max RW

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 17:56:
Soulburner wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 17:33:
Wouldn't it be fun if Bethesda decided to make a new The Elder Scrolls installment and hired Obsidian to do Fallout 4?

Yes, it would. It's always fun to laugh at Obsidian's amateurish attempts at developing a game. Would be quite hilarious if the much anticipated Fallout 4 turns out to be a bug-ridden piece of shit that fits right into Obsidian's track record .

You do realize Bethesda was in charge of QA for New Vegas, right? And you do remember how buggy every single one of their own in-house developed games have been at release? Hilarious, right?

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
23. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 18:14 Mad Max RW

Wildone wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:56:
The last game was nigh unplayable except for excel stat loving engineers, Im happy with 1 ship, a cockpit and a PLAYABLE fun game

I'm not sure why people keep saying this. It took me approximately 2-3 days to figure everything out. And it's not like I had to play the game religiously and watch hours of tutorials. If you know how to learn and remember Photoshop hotkeys you can master X3 fairly quickly.

News Comments > DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt
29. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 13, 2013, 08:50 Mad Max RW

SlimRam wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 01:29:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:34:
Origin is fucking HORRIBLE. You're on crack.
Does anybody still smoke crack?

....I mean besides my Mom

The mayor of Toronto.

News Comments > Wasteland 1 on GOG.com
9. Re: Wasteland 1 on GOG.com Nov 13, 2013, 07:10 Mad Max RW

GL1zdA wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 04:48:
Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 21:31:
I already unlocked it on Steam and tends to crash a whole lot more than the old DOSBox version I've been playing for years.
They are still using DOSBox for this version.

I know. But for some reason this updated version is less stable. Even Brother None acknowledged it and they are working on a fix.

News Comments > Wasteland 1 on GOG.com
1. Re: Wasteland 1 on GOG.com Nov 12, 2013, 21:31 Mad Max RW

I already unlocked it on Steam and tends to crash a whole lot more than the old DOSBox version I've been playing for years. All the text in-game is a nice addition and the overall smoothing filter isn't too overdone. I'm still not a fan of the optional "upgraded" non-animated portraits. Fortunately you can stick with the purist version. And that's who this is for. Purists. If you're new you will likely never be able to get into it.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
31. removed Nov 12, 2013, 21:02 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 17, 2013, 10:26.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 08:07 Mad Max RW

NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 03:02:
Yet you have a bunch of unqualified idiots trying to parse them for reasons to get outraged.

That's no way to talk about most of the people on the Blue's News boards! Everybody here is an expert on everything. Did you forget?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 11, 2013, 21:02 Mad Max RW

NKD wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 17:18:
Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 12:54:
Well how fucking smart can these dumb-ass kids be if they're using social media with their real names and information to begin with?

It's not quite that simple anymore. A lack of an identifiable social media presence is sometimes seen as suspicious in and of itself. It's utter bullshit that it is that way, but it's becoming increasingly true.

Admissions departments in schools and HR departments in companies are always looking for new and creative metrics they can use to reject you.

I work in admissions at a large private university and this is patently false. With the way the economy is in Connecticut, everybody (especially universities) is desperate for students.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2013, 21:08.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2013, 08:35 Mad Max RW

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 08:23:
Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 22:57:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 22:49:
Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 22:11:
Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 21:23:
I know all this stuff because it's been my dream over the last decade to get off the grid and into alternative housing. It'll happen one of these days, soon I hope.

And a few months later your emaciated corpse will be found inside an abandoned school bus. You can "know" everything. Until you apply it to real life your word is shit.

That seems unreasonably harsh for no real reason. Who the hell pissed in your Wheaties? Seems like a fairly reasonable ambition to me. I grew up in the sticks, my dad has gone off the grid, it isn't exactly nuclear physics. Just hard work.

Google Christopher McCandless. There's a million kids just like him and I encounter them every day where I work. None have done more than spend a few nights in a designated campground. Life without cell phones, video games, air conditioning, and indoor plumbing is too much for most to handle. I somehow doubt Cutter is any different. Can anybody here handle it? I don't think so.

? It wasn't that long ago we did that.....soooo.......the most current generation wouldn't be able to - but Gen X? No problem.

The current generation is very different from the past. None have so strongly embraced the entitlement mindset. Cutter and his ilk will never voluntarily give up a life of luxury and free stuff to "live off the grid". But they love to talk about it.

If every liberal followed through with their endless talking there wouldn't be any of them left alive.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2013, 07:11 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 23:14:
I know all this stuff because it's been my dream over the last decade to get off the grid and into alternative housing. It'll happen one of these days, soon I hope.

And a few months later your emaciated corpse will be found inside an abandoned school bus. You can "know" everything. Until you apply it to real life your word is shit.

That seems unreasonably harsh for no real reason. Who the hell pissed in your Wheaties? Seems like a fairly reasonable ambition to me. I grew up in the sticks, my dad has gone off the grid, it isn't exactly nuclear physics. Just hard work.

Best to put him and his alter ego, Trollin Thunder on ignore. There's nothing but downside listening to those idiots.

Why don't you run to your little mud hut? You know you will never do anything like "living off the grid" so why even say it?

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 22:57 Mad Max RW

Google Christopher McCandless. There's a million kids just like him and I encounter them every day where I work. None have done more than spend a few nights in a designated campground. Life without cell phones, video games, air conditioning, and indoor plumbing is too much for most to handle. I somehow doubt Cutter is any different. Can anybody here handle it? I don't think so.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 22:11 Mad Max RW

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 10, 2013, 08:11 Mad Max RW

This means the beginning of the end for Youtube. Treat users like shit and they will find an alternative.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Near; Wasteland Re-release Nearer
13. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Near; Wasteland Re-release Nearer Nov 7, 2013, 17:34 Mad Max RW

I'm really glad they're making the "upgraded" portraits optional because they look like shit. Smoothing out or tracing 30 year old pixel art is lazy as hell and something is always lost in translation.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 09:23 Mad Max RW

Is this for real? Call of Duty: Ghosts Copy & Paste Modern Warfare 2 Ending

Because it's fucking hilarious.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 17:07 Mad Max RW

Definitely the fast food of the FPS genre. It's too bad they aren't priced similarly to Mcdonalds and Taco Bell and give elitists something to complain about instead. I guess plenty of stupid people will pay top dollar for cheese. They'll burn out eventually.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 4, 2013, 19:27 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 18:51:
The scale and scope of this thing looks like a Derek Smart production. I can't imagine it being completed any time soon, running well, or taking less than a few billion people.

If they pull something this ambitious off I'll be ecstatic, but I can't really think of anyone having come close to pulling something like this off. Then again, people probably said that when they heard about GTA3 the first time.

I'll be amazed if this thing comes out before 2020.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
44. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 4, 2013, 09:10 Mad Max RW

Seems like a whole lot of complaining for nothing. You still need an internet connection to purchase and download on Steam. I haven't walked into a Gamestop/EB in 10 years.

I guess my only concern is if in 20 years Valve goes out of business and the Steam database is wiped. Although by then internet speeds will be so damn fast I should be able to find and download all of my games in seconds.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
838. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 15:47 Mad Max RW

Nobody in the world buys more crap than America's middle class. Corporations and businesses generate the crap we buy. It's in their own best interest to not shrink the middle class. It's flawed logic to claim corporations are the reason they're shrinking in the first place. Now, maybe in 20 or 30 years it will be a different story with China and India overtaking us. And that's only if their own massive bubbles don't burst.

Meanwhile, Obamacare continues to unravel...

Obama donorís firm hired to fix Web mess it created

KGW-OR: As Many As 150,000 Oregonians Will Lose Health Plan Because Of ObamaCare

1677 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo