Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1642 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
785. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 16:13 Mad Max RW

Shhhh. Don't tell Beamer the feds collected a record $2.77 trillion in tax revenue this year.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

756. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 13:04 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:52:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:47:

If you believe the government is going to fix any or all of your problems you are extremely naive.

What makes you think I want the government to fix my problems? Or that anyone else in a similar situation does? That you would even suggest that I might is a little insulting. That wasn't even the discussion. The topic was how hard work does not always equate to success. Or a better life. My point was that often the best thing working harder does for you is maintain the status quo, and I can't even manage that when I'm falling further behind every year.

Maybe because this is a discussion about Obamacare and government thinking they know better? If you're not against that then what are you? So far your posts are carefully worded so as to not to have an opinion on anything, especially the disaster that is Obamacare.

If things are so bad for you and you don't want government handouts ask Beamer to help you out. I'm sure he's very charitable with his money.

754. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:47 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:39:
... I don't know about you but I get raises based on performance reviews, in a municipal job of all places. Maybe you just get raises just because you're a special snowflake, but I don't think the real world generally follows that model.

You might be surprised with the manufacturing industry in the US today. Raises have virtually nothing to do with performance. In 13 years the only raises I've gotten have been cost of living increases (that never even match inflation) and a single one I got when I was promoted to senior electrican. I am working my ass off nowadays - more than I ever have in the past because while the workload steadily increases year-on-year we have the fewest laborers in my company's 94 year history thanks to "Lean Manufacturing". And with the huge increases in health care costs, deductibles, pharmacy plans (all prior to the ACA mind you) and just the general cost of living it feels like I make less money every year. So how exactly is my hard work being rewarded? Am I not working hard enough when I work 10 to 12 hour days, often with stretches of 2 and 3 weeks without a day off? I know get a better job, right? Except that there are no better jobs in my area. Despite all of the aforementioned issues people trying their damndest to come work at my company as it has the best pay and benefits in the area. Oh, I should just move to a better area? Okay, and take a $30,000 loss on my house since it never recovered its value after the housing market crashed, right?

Like I said, real life doesn't fit neatly into your scheme of one-line cliche solutions like "work hard to get ahead" and "make a better life for yourself". It is way more complex than that.

If you believe the government is going to fix any or all of your problems you are extremely naive.

747. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:13 Mad Max RW

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:59:

You do though. You live in the US. Why is it my problem if someone gets laid off? Of course bad things happen to good people, that's life, it isn't a picnic.

It's only ok when the government does these things. Wait, let me clarify. It's only ok when a Democratic majority run government with a Democratic president does these things. Don't point it out or you are a racist ideologue tea bagger.

741. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 11:17 Mad Max RW

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:51:
I know that asking you for specifics on anything is generally a waste of time, but I'm curious about how a president RollinThundr, in all his infinitesimal wisdom, would propose to pay for the care of all the uninsured that show up to the ERs in need of very expensive care. Please explain.

Via regulation so that both hospitals and big pharma aren't allowed to drive up cost just because they can. I think that would be a better start than forcing everyone to pay for coverages they may or may not need and allow individuals to choose what works best for them in their situations, rather than a one size fits all government mandate, buy it or suffer the consequences. Are we in America anymore? That's not even taking into account that every time through out history, anytime government tries to do something better the public sector it always ends up costing more or being implemented horribly. That goes for either party, that's just government in general, inept.

I don't claim to have all the answers bagger, but good God man, do you honestly think with all the facts coming out, that this has been somehow better at all?
"Big IT project runs late and over budget" wouldn't be news anywhere. The part about people not getting to keep their crappy insurance, thereby forcing others to pay for their care when they eventually need it, is a non-issue. I do think they should have explained that better before. I'm surprised Republicans didn't point that out a long time ago.

So your solution would be to tell doctors, hospitals and insurance companies what they can charge for their services? And you think that's better? You're right. You don't have any good answers. When you have a better plan than what we're doing now, let us know. Until then, you're just bitching about things you don't understand.

You're just repeating Obama's talking points AGAIN. Why do you follow him so blindly?

729. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 07:44 Mad Max RW

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:20:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 22:48:
The 2 million people who so far lost their healthcare (900,000 Californians in the last 2 weeks) would say Obamacare is a disaster. Next year it will be 16 million. I've been posting dozens of links showing the damage this mess of government intrusion is causing. Or just research it yourself. Even the mainstream media can't ignore any longer.

There's two types of people still defending Obamacare: those who are totally ignorant of reality and know nothing about what's going on outside their bubble; and those who accept it's hurting people but don't care because they love Obama and liberalism so much that without it their lives are meaningless. Or you're a politician looking for money and votes.

Meanwhile...
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low

Lost their healthcare, or had to switch to a different plan? By the definition I've seen in the news lately, I lose my healthcare every single year when I have to choose a new plan and pay a higher rate. What else is new?

Also, like I said before, if those plans they were on don't cover at least the basic things we need insurance for (ER, hospital stay, pretty much any kind of disease, not excluding Cancer which many try to get away with), then those people are not really covered, and we will still have the same problem with paying through the nose to cover their medical bills because there's no way they can do it themselves. They might as well be uninsured as far as the taxpayer is concerned.

That is literally what Obama started using in his hollow talking points this week. "Transitioning". And once again it isn't true.

People should be allowed to buy whatever plans they want. If I'm a young single male in perfect health, have 20/20 vision, and never used drugs, why do I have to buy maternity care, vision care, and drug rehab care? All those things and more are mandatory under Obamacare which is deliberately driving the prices up and dropping people from what they already have. Now if I don't buy that useless coverage I'm breaking the law. It's amazing there are people who defend this.

Hilarious and despicable.

720. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 22:48 Mad Max RW

The 2 million people who so far lost their healthcare (900,000 Californians in the last 2 weeks) would say Obamacare is a disaster. Next year it will be 16 million. I've been posting dozens of links showing the damage this mess of government intrusion is causing. Or just research it yourself. Even the mainstream media can't ignore any longer.

There's two types of people still defending Obamacare: those who are totally ignorant of reality and know nothing about what's going on outside their bubble; and those who accept it's hurting people but don't care because they love Obama and liberalism so much that without it their lives are meaningless. Or you're a politician looking for money and votes.

Meanwhile...
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low

670. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:38 Mad Max RW

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:30:
I haven't had much time to research it yet, but I would still love to know if it's true that they only had a couple of weeks to do integration testing. If so, then how the hell did that happen? They should have had months for that.

It is true. The contractors confirmed it and in the words of Kathleen Sebelius was an "acceptable risk". The Obama admin is either really stupid or they deliberately launched knowing how much of a disaster it would be.

[Edit] Sebelius just admitted "adequate" testing was never done before launch. She also admits they don't know the enrollment numbers because the system isn't working. Minutes earlier she said it never crashed and was functioning. Yeah, Obama will be accepting her resignation before the end of the year.

667. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:26 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:23:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:18:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:11:

I wouldn't be so sure - the democrat voters are as vehemently fanatical about their "team" as you are for yours I think.

You incorrectly assume I'm a Republican.

You misunderstand - I did not assume you are Republican. But it has been my experience that people whatever side people proclaim to be on (Tea Party, Constitutionalist,Libertarian) they will defend to the death as the only answer for America. It's just typical politics in the US.

I was equally critical of George W. Bush and his dumbfuck conservative apologists. But he's not president anymore. Obama is. And he's as big a fuck up if not more so. But so many of the people who were also critical of Bush suddenly find it "uncool" to do anything other than praise the current president. Those are hypocrites. I hate hypocrites.

663. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:18 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:11:

I wouldn't be so sure - the democrat voters are as vehemently fanatical about their "team" as you are for yours I think.

You incorrectly assume I'm a Republican.

661. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 09:53 Mad Max RW

Haha, anybody watching the Obamacare hearings with Sebelius? They're talking about spending hundreds of millions fixing the mess and how great it is then crashes while she is speaking. This is hysterical. The Democrats defending it are finished.

Meanwhile...

70 percent of American voters support delay of Obamacare's individual mandate

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
52. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 29, 2013, 19:35 Mad Max RW

Said it a million times before, Fallout 3 had wonderful set pieces but there was no logic in anything from the storyline to character motivation to how towns and settlements existed in the first place. New Vegas did a much better job at filling this gap.  

630. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 13:13 Mad Max RW

Morning Joe montage shows White House denying knowledge of various scandals

Looks like MSNBC hasn't yet gotten that call from the Whitehouse to get back in line. It's ironic how the mainstream media couldn't attack Reagan fast enough for denying involvement with his scandals, calling him stupid and disconnected. Somehow Obama uses that same excuse as a badge of honor and mostly gets away with it.

627. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 12:39 Mad Max RW

NHS pulls the plug on its £11bn IT system - After nine years and with billions already spent, doomed computer system is abandoned

The same system Obama and the liberal zombies have been praising while they crafted Obamacare.

608. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:24 Mad Max RW

Chris Matthews questions Obama's credibility after IRS Obamacare report

This is the same guy who said anybody critical of Obamacare is a racist.

CBS: Over 2 Million Americans Have Already Received Insurance Cancellations Due To ObamaCare

Wait, I thought CBS was supposed to praise Obamacare?

587. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 23:04 Mad Max RW

You really believe millions are going to sign up. That's adorable. Have you signed up yet?  

570. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 18:39 Mad Max RW

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:36:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:09:
Oh the fun never stops with the Obamacare trainwreck.

Alaskan Company Suspends Obamacare Enrollments, Cites Faulty Subsidy Calculator - THREE PEOPLE SIGNED UP

Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance -NBC NEWS

16 million people may be dumped from their policies, in flagrant contradiction of President Obamaís famous promise that you can keep your health plan if you like it

Even MSNBC Agrees: Obamacare Rollout 'Disastrous'

Obamacare jacks up her insurance:

ďI spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I canít put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didnít have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.Ē

Wait, aren't liberals supposed to be loving Obamacare? What happened?

It's starting to dawn on them that it's the disaster all the non kool aid drinkers told them it would be.

Wait a couple weeks and the Obama admin will craft enough excuses and distractions (hey look, immigration is suddenly back on the agenda) the mainstream media will be back to their usual ways and the liberals will eat it up. Obamacare? Never heard of it.

568. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 18:34 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:27:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:07:
Beamer wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:03:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:47:
Beamer wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:43:
Fun fact: It's been confirmed that we've been monitoring Merkel's phone since 2002!

Gee, who was president then? (And, in his credit, this likely took a great deal of time to set up, so was possibly in the works since 2001, and who was president then?)

Yet Obama said he knew nothing about it. he lied. Again it's wrong regardless of who's in office, HOPE and Change, I'll have my AG examine the patriot act and toss out shit that is Unconstitutional! Instead orders more drone strikes than Bush, expands the patriot act.

Instead of BUSH BUSH BUSH like you always do, hold this jackass just as accountable.

Ug.
1) I am holding him accountable, unless you mean I need to go down to the White House and drag him out myself, which I'm not doing. In fact, I'm still not convinced that's even necessary
2) We don't know he's lying (but he probably is)
3) Yes, I mentioned Bush, because you try to pin this just on one President
4) But, if you read carefully (you never do) I more blame Clinton

Regardless Beamer, there's a ton of scary shit these politicians are doing, ALL of them, and no one seems to give a shit.

Because people spend too much time talking about what the other party is doing and not enough about what they're all doing. Everyone has this us vs. them with parties.

To paraphrase myself, from this exact thread, they all suck and only care about their own reelection funds. One side very transparently only cares about those most important to those funds (e.g., the very wealthy and the corporations), and the other is less transparent but marginally less focused.

Of course, when some people don't think the interests of the wealthy and the corporations are contrary to the interests of the vast majority of citizens, it hardly matters.

This is a common fallback argument for defeated liberals when they see "their side" is an indefensible failure. Instead of admitting Obama is a joke you say "well everybody sucks...CORPORATIONS!" Pretty soon you will be right back to defending the next mess this government creates until it can't be defended anymore. Then it's "WEALTHY AND CORPORATIONS! BOTH PARTIES!"

566. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 18:09 Mad Max RW

Oh the fun never stops with the Obamacare trainwreck.

Alaskan Company Suspends Obamacare Enrollments, Cites Faulty Subsidy Calculator - THREE PEOPLE SIGNED UP

Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance -NBC NEWS

16 million people may be dumped from their policies, in flagrant contradiction of President Obamaís famous promise that you can keep your health plan if you like it

Even MSNBC Agrees: Obamacare Rollout 'Disastrous'

Obamacare jacks up her insurance:

ďI spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I canít put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didnít have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.Ē

Wait, aren't liberals supposed to be loving Obamacare? What happened?

1642 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo