Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1806 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
6. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 00:00 Mad Max RW

The other day I posted a Youtube video showing off the game's hilariously broken AI, and has since been taken down by Zenimax.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2014, 23:55 Mad Max RW

Google search the bomb plot and you'll learn the FBI found out the whole thing by infiltrating Occupy Wallstreet. One of the suspects, Brandon Baxter, was a leader at Occupy Cleveland. Anarchists were a very large part of the protests from the start. I was there several times in NY for work and went through the New Haven green almost daily. It was filled with nutjobs preaching violent rhetoric. But two things stood out for me: the humongous piles of garbage and the rampant antisemitism.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2014, 23:26 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 23:14:
mag wrote on May 16, 2014, 21:25:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 13:09:
Save The Internet.

Glad someone in this country still has the time and cojones to protest. We've become such a docile nation of sheeple.

The whole Occupy thing was just like a year ago!

Yeah, those Occupy people were pretty good. And they were apparently such a threat that they had to be infiltrated by local police, FBI, NSA, etc. etc. I really don't understand why peaceful groups get the 3rd degree, and violence-oriented groups like Cliven Bundy's gang get off without so much as a second look.

Perhaps this was why: Five Charged in Plan to Bomb Ohio Bridge

If you weren't so blinded by the media lies and your own ideological nonsense you would have known about this and the other horrible garbage that went on at Occupy Wallstreet. I saw with my own two eyes the sick shit happening at the New Haven green and Zuccotti park. It got so bad they had to section off the parks to protect different groups from each other. Rapes were a nightly occurrence. They constantly intimidated the cops like spoiled babies. It's amazing there wasn't a massacre because what they wanted was to gain some kind of credibility they never had. In the end it was a big joke and you fell for it.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2014, 23:34.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 10:04 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on May 17, 2014, 05:00:
Mad Max RW wrote on May 16, 2014, 23:50:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 23:08:
Freshwater is a huge problem in the USA and will only become moreso. Global warming is desertifying large tracts of the midwest. By 2050, Nebraska will be as hot as Arizona, then where will we grow our food? Canada with it's poorly angled sunlight and short, short growing seasons? The Ogallala reservoir is being drained unsustainably. Snowpacks which feed rivers like the Colorado and supply water to Cali's valleys is less and less each year due to global warming. Already bottled water is more expensive than gasoline. A nationwide plan needs to be developed, since right now all we have are state-by-state plans which will devolve into "I got mine" when it comes down to it.

Why hello, Al Gore.

Typical wingnut, all ad hominem, all denial of yet another massive problem because it doesn't jibe with his ideology or supposedly injures "the market." The reality is we fucked ourselves by adding way too much CO2 to the atmo, and now we need to figure out a way to deal with it. Problem?

So, what's your solution douchenozzle? Deny that there's an issue? Or charge everyone $5 per cup of water and let "the market" work as intended?

My solution is to rant about it on video game forums.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Launch Trailer
20. Re: Wolfenstein Launch Trailer May 16, 2014, 23:54 Mad Max RW

Numinar wrote on May 16, 2014, 08:00:
Cutter wrote on May 15, 2014, 21:23:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2014, 21:00:
Well, then it would be DIFFERENT. Can't have that. Also, you'd like to play as the oligarchy stamping out the last remnants of freedom? No underdogs for you?

Personally, I like playing as the good guys.

Good guys? Who are they? Freedom? What's that? You're talking about illusions. About perspective and degrees. Nothing more. Fact is the Nazis has a lot of good ideas and policies. Sure they had their batshit crazy stuff too but who doesn't?

We are, empirically, better off without them. Even white guys like I imagine you are would be. If they were running the show most of your comments in this forum would seem too liberal and probably get you shot/enslaved/relocated along with everyone else who doesn't go along with the party line 100% and conform.

Cutter a Nazi apologist? I am shocked! SHOCKED I SAY!

30. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 23:50 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 23:08:
Freshwater is a huge problem in the USA and will only become moreso. Global warming is desertifying large tracts of the midwest. By 2050, Nebraska will be as hot as Arizona, then where will we grow our food? Canada with it's poorly angled sunlight and short, short growing seasons? The Ogallala reservoir is being drained unsustainably. Snowpacks which feed rivers like the Colorado and supply water to Cali's valleys is less and less each year due to global warming. Already bottled water is more expensive than gasoline. A nationwide plan needs to be developed, since right now all we have are state-by-state plans which will devolve into "I got mine" when it comes down to it.

Why hello, Al Gore.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Launch Trailer
17. Re: Wolfenstein Launch Trailer May 16, 2014, 07:44 Mad Max RW

Look at that cutting edge AI! Hope those preorders were worth it.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
40. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 15, 2014, 12:41 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:11:

True, but this game particularly has a bunch of people that really hate it, and a strong core of people who really love it. That kind of polarization is unusual. For example, you don't see people who say "I LOVE Rage!" or "I ADORE Duke Nukem Forever!"

So I take it you never visited the Gearbox and Bethesda forums? There's even people who love Colonial Marines and swear everybody else is crazy. No matter how terrible something is there will always be a crowd of whiteknights ready to defend it.

News Comments > Interceptor Drops a Bombshell
1. Re: Interceptor Drops a Bombshell May 15, 2014, 09:22 Mad Max RW

That is the single worst reveal trailer I can remember from the last twenty years. Everybody involved should be embarrassed.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Revealed
9. Re: Killing Floor 2 Revealed May 12, 2014, 16:10 Mad Max RW

Killing Floor was one of my top 3 most addictive games in the last several years, starting with the original mod release. It never seemed to lose popularity and a sequel was inevitable. I am so there.  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Video Diary
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 08:11 Mad Max RW

Rigs wrote on May 12, 2014, 01:05:
Until reading the premise for this game in an interview, I never even realised that Aliens took place long after the first movie and that she had been in cryo for a long time. Was that explained in the beginning of the movie when Burke comes to see Ripley at the medical ward? Maybe I just didn't pay attention. I was under the impression all these years that LV42...uh, 6? whatever...was a different planet that they just happened to run into the xenos on...

Game looks really good though... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

It's discussed all throughout the first 15 minutes of the movie.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 13:25 Mad Max RW

Narf2029 wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:41:
I know I went into a tirade here but my point is that the problem is much bigger than people making crap for income at part-time jobs designed to be short-term. A good life is won with discipline, financial planning, and the willingness to do what it takes to fix the problem yourself. I'm far from rich but my needs are met and then some because I put in the effort to better myself. I didn't whine about how much my early jobs sucked while doing nothing to qualify myself for better work. I certainly didn't get into a situation where I needed more money than I made from my crappy job and then walked out of it.

No no no! You're supposed to whine and stomp your feet. This is the internet. Get with the program or prepare to be called racist, misogynist, homophobic, you hate the poor, you hate the working class, you hate this and you hate that. Work? That's crazy talk. You're just a hater.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 12:03 Mad Max RW

Desalus wrote on May 9, 2014, 11:01:
Earning $11,000 per year compared with $22,000 per day in the same industry is simply outrageous. That means CEOs salaries are 520 times as large and that doesn't even include any other forms of compensation.

So should entry level fast food jobs get the same salary as CEOs and business owners? Why even try working up the ladder when you can scrub dishes and make a fortune. It's so naive. But you need that instant gratification.

About the White House climate report, since when have they been right about anything? It's pathetic there are still people willing to swallow their shit.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2014, 12:17.

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
62. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 9, 2014, 09:05 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on May 8, 2014, 03:33:
Read reviews, watch videos and make informed purchases. That's how you avoid broken and unfinished games. If more people did that, more developers would recognize the importance of quality and consumer trust.

Common sense is not allowed on the internet. I demand immediate satisfaction! KILL THE GLOBAL CORPORATOCRACY NOW!

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
49. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 9, 2014, 09:00 Mad Max RW

A whole lot of baseless assumptions going on in this thread. Nickel and diming a game whose heyday was 10 years ago is a great way to kill its chances at launch by splitting fans apart. If Epic is that stupid then just reinstall the still awesome originals.

And it's pretty clear which one of you never played UT online. With the sheer number of mods and mutators it was a clusterfuck. Dedicated servers and groups of friends was an absolute necessity. The best mod teams turned into real studios. We'll have to wait and see if Epic remembers and does it right.

Or you can bitch.

11. Re: Grillin May 4, 2014, 14:16 Mad Max RW

HoSpanky wrote on May 4, 2014, 12:44:
Those wonderful days are here as well, so I fired up the grill to find that one of the gas lines had sprung a leak, and my control panel lit on fire. Time to hunt up a new grill. Mine was a char-grill, anyone have a brand suggestion for a propane grill brand that won't self destruct in 3 years?

I've been using the same Weber 3-burner for about 10 years. They're easy to clean and fast to hook up.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
20. Re: Evening Interviews May 4, 2014, 09:29 Mad Max RW

At best FOT was a pale imitation of Jagged Alliance. It wasn't superb in its own genre, it was forgettable.  

17. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2014, 21:18 Mad Max RW

shihonage wrote on May 3, 2014, 15:50:
Mad Max RW wrote on May 3, 2014, 13:20:
I've been playing throughout beta and the game has almost completely transformed itself. When they first launched shihonage may have had a point. It was clunky, missing features, the UI was a mess and bugged out all the time, barely any of the story was implemented, but you can see the foundation was there for a very good Fallout/Fallout Tactics-like game. If you're expecting Fallout you will hate Wasteland 2. If you're expecting Wasteland you will hate it (although they did a nice job not destroying canon). Now if you were let down by Fallout Tactics you'll probably love Wasteland 2. It's basically a way more advanced non-shit Fallout Tactics.

Fallout: Tactics is a superb game in its genre and a direct comparison to Wasteland 2 exposes the latter as something aesthetically ugly, simplistic under the surface, and generally unappealing when it comes to gameplay at large.

You must be one of the newer people at the codex because Fallout Tactics was HATED by the community. Canon rape aside it's far from a "superb game".

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 3, 2014, 13:39 Mad Max RW

Meanwhile, half the population of my shit state of Connecticut wants to leave. Anybody surprised?  

12. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2014, 13:20 Mad Max RW

I've been playing throughout beta and the game has almost completely transformed itself. When they first launched shihonage may have had a point. It was clunky, missing features, the UI was a mess and bugged out all the time, barely any of the story was implemented, but you can see the foundation was there for a very good Fallout/Fallout Tactics-like game. If you're expecting Fallout you will hate Wasteland 2. If you're expecting Wasteland you will hate it (although they did a nice job not destroying canon). Now if you were let down by Fallout Tactics you'll probably love Wasteland 2. It's basically a way more advanced non-shit Fallout Tactics.  

1806 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo