Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1725 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 21:32 Mad Max RW

PHJF wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 20:44:
I just watched Beyond the Black Rainbow and it was totally god damn nuts. I remember seeing a trailer for it ages ago and being like holy shit I gotta see this but it completely fell off my radar until I spotted it while randomly browsing the Netflix library.

I caught that one at release and it's very cool. The 1980s futurism ( can't believe this is a thing now) and slow burn creepiness is done so well. If you were born in the 90s skip it. The movie is very much catered to a specific crowd.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?)
14. Re: Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?) Apr 2, 2014, 16:04 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 12:46:
Love seeing people who have never even played the game continue to talk trash about it.

Followed by a bunch of people who played it saying the game is crap.

News Comments > Foolish Games, Volume 2
13. Re: Foolish Games, Volume 2 Apr 2, 2014, 08:26 Mad Max RW

Frijoles wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 21:56:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 21:26:
Can anyone confirm the built in Thief April fools? Supposedly exiting a level reloads the previous one, making it impossible to proceed through the game. The only way around it is changing your system clock.

Not seeing any problems, but it's hard to test. I don't have any save games near the end of a level. I can move around the city / windows without issue. I was also able to leave a level. Can't say for certain unless I play through one, though.

Square Enix responds.

Players are reporting that manual saves are disappearing, and that older saves have been wiped of some data (mostly side quests). The issues can be fixed on Windows 7 machines by setting the date ahead to April 2, though that reportedly does not work for Windows 8 computers. Users are also reporting problem with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game.

"We're aware of an issue that seems to be affecting some Thief players, preventing them from completing some levels,” a Square Enix representative told us via email. “We're taking this very seriously – as a first step we're reading as many reports of the issue as possible, working to replicate it internally, so that we can understand what's causing it. We're sorry for any disruption to your game today, and we'll update you as soon as we have more information."

And other weirdness took place yesterday. Aside from save game wipes, forums and websites were hacked.

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Early Access
2. Re: Shadowrun Online Early Access Apr 1, 2014, 22:47 Mad Max RW

Sucks to see Shadowrun go from the highs of Dragonfall to this... thing.  

News Comments > Foolish Games, Volume 2
8. Re: Foolish Games, Volume 2 Apr 1, 2014, 21:26 Mad Max RW

Can anyone confirm the built in Thief April fools? Supposedly exiting a level reloads the previous one, making it impossible to proceed through the game. The only way around it is changing your system clock.  

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
43. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 17:12 Mad Max RW

harlock wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 17:08:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 17:03:
I don't get why people on Blue's are so incredibly biased against this particular game. If it fails it fails. So what?

because you dont want to get it

its pretty fucking obvious how much of an abnormal situation this is, really fucking blatantly so

actually, its probably those commie liberals messing with your head - yeh that must be it

Does the insane amount of money they raised scare you? Why does it matter? If the whole thing is a scam we'll all find out sooner or later. Unless you have some evidence you just sound like a jackass.

For the record, I don't think this game has any chance on delivering a fraction of what they promise. But it's really not all that entertaining to me to troll every single post about it.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
40. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 17:03 Mad Max RW

Kosumo wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 16:37:
Can you list some of these games then for us n00bs?

Watch the first 30 seconds of every interview. Many are pretty green but there's a lot of veterans. A couple games that stuck out are Ghostbusters, Wing Commander, The Walking Dead. Some former Turbine, Blizzard, and Terminal Reality devs.

I don't get why people on Blue's are so incredibly biased against this particular game. If it fails it fails. So what?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 1, 2014, 12:06 Mad Max RW

So you didn't actually read the article or the Ben Hibon interview? I'm not sure why you or anyone would defend Gearbox this way. Read it then come back and try deflecting for them again.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 1, 2014, 11:40 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:20:
What was shady about bl2?

both their games on the list weren't internal. Doesn't excuse them for being $60 crap Randy wouldn't shut up about, but it's very worth distinguishing between what they develop and what they buy/farm.

Read

Gearbox deliberately ripped off CODEHUNTERS. This is the kind of stuff Randy Pitchford has been doing for 10+ years. Without Codehunters there likely would never have been a Borderlands 2.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 1, 2014, 09:53 Mad Max RW

Not at all surprised to see Gearbox appear twice on the 10 worst PS3 games list. They are little more than a hyped up shovelware studio who got lucky through shady circumstances.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
53. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 08:28 Mad Max RW

Eh, more interested in Enemy Starfighter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_U2MdCdaR4

Looks gorgeous and the design plan sounds a lot more feasible than Star Citizen's kitchen sink approach.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 31, 2014, 18:26 Mad Max RW

Panickd wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 14:45:
Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 11:20:
The one big advantage of POTS phones is that even if your power is out, you can still make calls. Bundles phones don't have that.

I also find it fairly cute that all these states are saying "Let's get rid of the land line, so the telcos can put all that money into innovation and making internet access cheaper!"

Yeah, because that's going to happen...

I both dread and look forward to the day (in a perverse way) that the government allows the POTS lines to go dead and a major disaster happens. Since most cell towers require power to function and a surprising number of them do not have a whole lot in the way of backup power it'll be one of those days when lawmakers realize they've fucked up and blame it on the companies who wouldn't have done it had the lawmakers not approved it. Even cell towers that stay functional in such situations are easily overwhelmed by call volume especially in major metro areas.

Of course I am also waiting for the day a large coronal mass ejection hits the earth and devastates the power grid. I think even intact POTS lines would be out of commission in that case.

That's precisely what happened when hurricane Sandy hit us in 2012.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator
8. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator Mar 31, 2014, 16:03 Mad Max RW

Wow that Predator model kinda sucks.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 10:42 Mad Max RW

It's a shame because Nintendo pioneered quality over quantity after the video game crash in the 1980s. Now look where we are. I haven't been interested in consoles since the late 90s. Things are right back to how it was when I was a kid digging for obscure computer games.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 10:35 Mad Max RW

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 09:10:
Did Valve actually say there were working on HL3 at some point?

I don't remember if Valve ever directly mentioned Half Life 3. For a while Gabe referred to it as Ricochet 2 during interviews saying it was being worked on in various stages. It was confirmed last year Arkane Studios (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah, Dishonored) were pretty far into developing the final HL2 Episodes until that was canceled before being acquired by Zenimax.

Where HL3 stands now is anyone's guess.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
42. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 31, 2014, 08:51 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 00:44:

$625k (before taxes and other expenses) is pocket change for a videogame. Any developer, indie or otherwise, can make a better game when they have more money. Could Stainless have completed Carmageddon with only their Kickstarter funding? Probably, but it would have definitely been a lesser game. More money = better game and as a gamer, that's all I care about.

After the Kickstarter campaign successfully ended Stainless received another $3 million investment. The extra money directly impacted the size and scope of what was originally intended to be a smaller game. Early Access gives them the chance to keep everyone on the team employed and working that much longer.

To put things in perspective GTA5 cost around $270 million to develop.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2014, 09:08.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
27. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 30, 2014, 20:24 Mad Max RW

Been playing this a few weeks earlier than everyone else and Stainless has doubled the content in the pre-alpha since going public. The foundation for a great Carmageddon is there. It's already fun and a worthy followup to their predecessors. All they need to do is polish, continue adding content (maps, cars, multiplayer, etc.) and optimize the hell out of it. Unless you have a beast of a machine you will not be able to run the pre-alpha at a playable framerate. Another year of a development is perfectly reasonable. Modding is already possible and the official tools are confirmed as part of the final package.

At this stage they have a much more solid and fun game than InXile's Wasteland 2 when they started open beta testing. If you are involved with that you'd realize how far they came in a few months time.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation in October
6. Re: Alien: Isolation in October Mar 29, 2014, 15:37 Mad Max RW

People who played it at GDC weren't impressed. The game needs a lot of work still and there's no time left if they are held to the October release.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark Mar 29, 2014, 10:39 Mad Max RW

NKD wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 00:44:
Quite frankly, I'm glad they didn't waste time or resources trying to overhaul a mobile title into a quality PC port.

If they can't treat the franchise with respect they shouldn't have done it at all.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 28, 2014, 11:53 Mad Max RW

The government will never close that multi-billion dollar data mining facility they opened in Utah. They are redefining what spying means and continue business as usual.  

1725 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo