Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1622 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last
8. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 16:41 Mad Max RW

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 10:11:
they sure are milking the heck out of this game

Yup. Even the biggest Gearbox apologists basically shit all over these headhunter packs. There's so little content they can just as easily add them in a patch and you would never notice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Carmack on Leaving id
7. Re: John Carmack on Leaving id Feb 4, 2014, 19:51 Mad Max RW

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 19:07:
Let me translate. Id wanted me to work on actual games and all I want to do is puke 4 hour speeches about
video drivers.

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 19:47:
Thanks for making us want to dig our ear drums out with a fork every year.

We get it. Someone tied you down and forced you to listen to his keynotes A Clockwork Orange style.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
34. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 17:42 Mad Max RW

Acleacius wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 17:21:
Customer wise, they are cutting their own throat. It boggles the mind at how epically ****** SOE can be, at least half their customers use 32 bit OS. Only a minority computer professionals and gamers use 64 bit.

Can you prove any of what you just said?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
68. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 16:36 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 12:32:
In any case, I have Thief pre-ordered

So you went from one extreme act of stupidity to another.

10. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 10:08 Mad Max RW

Task wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:00:
Kind of silly if jump is an "unlock," that's pretty lol. Garret could mantle and jump in 1998 for crying out loud.

You misread me. They completely removed jumping. Stealth is an ability you unlock.

7. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 09:51 Mad Max RW

I love this collection of quotes: http://i.imgur.com/VHw4C1C.jpg

Supposedly they removed jumping and stealth is a separate unlockable ability. The fuck?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 14:27 Mad Max RW

Verno wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:25:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:19:
Whose moral high horse is bigger, mine or yours?

Your moral high horse is more like a donkey.

Why so uppity, Verno?

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 14:19 Mad Max RW

Desalus wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:12:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 13:12:
The guy had an addiction and died because of it leaving behind three little kids. That's pretty goddamn selfish and shouldn't be celebrated. Normal people look at him as another cautionary tale of how not to live your life. Idiots see actors as gods for them to worship, even after dying of a drug overdose.

Who is celebrating? I don't see anyone speaking up about wanting to emulate his actions. I think normal people appreciate his talents and see him as the great actor that he was. You do not have to be a celebrity worshipper to appreciate and mourn the passing of a talented person. On the other hand you have people who get up on their moral high-horse, like you, and focus only on the mistakes he made and how weak willed he was (thus making yourself sound so 'superior').

We all know that hard drugs are bad, addiction is bad, and overdosing is bad, so there's no cautionary tale that we have not already learned a long time ago. There's no point on fixating on the things that matter least when remembering a person's life.

Whose moral high horse is bigger, mine or yours?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 13:12 Mad Max RW

The guy had an addiction and died because of it leaving behind three little kids. That's pretty goddamn selfish and shouldn't be celebrated. Normal people look at him as another cautionary tale of how not to live your life. Idiots see actors as gods for them to worship, even after dying of a drug overdose.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
35. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 2, 2014, 22:25 Mad Max RW

Rhett wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 16:50:
TeeCee wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 19:33:
We may have got our wish on the remake front:

http://interceptor-entertainment.com/site/portfolio/duke-nukem-3d-reloaded/

"... Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded an Unreal Engine 3 powered remake of the 1996 FPS classic, Duke Nukem 3D. "

Pretty please. Please don't eff it up... Not sure about "vehicular sequences. :X

They moved on from Reloaded years ago after a falling out with Gearbox when they read the fine print in their bullshit license. Gearbox will not allow anyone else to release new Duke Nukem FPS games. Ever. Supposedly Interceptor is about to reveal Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction, a top down "ARPG" like game.

32. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 2, 2014, 10:14 Mad Max RW

yuastnav wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 03:43:
.net_Drifter wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 00:41:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 12:26:
I'd rather have a remake of the original Duke 3D from those guys that remade Rise of The Triad.

But the assholes at Gearbox reneged on that deal.

EDIT:
and they say this means the next Duke Nukem game will be announced at that time by Interceptor Entertainment

WOOT! FUCK YEAH!

I hope it is a reamake and not a new game!!!

You know, I've never heard anything good about the RoTT remake. I remember when it came out there were several complaints about crap graphics, crap performance that was unbelievably bad for the crap graphics you had, crap optimization that caused several glitches and crashes, crap weapons, and crap checkpoint save system rather than the "save anywhere" one so many people say is superior (and since most times I see Checkpoint Save and Consolitis in the same sentence so often, seeing it not complained about in a PC game at this point would nearly blow my mind).
So, is it really not so bad as I've read, or is it a case of rose tinted glasses forgiving the games deficiencies?

Really?
The complaints that I heard that the checkpoint system sucks, the performance of the game is bad and some of the of the weapons, like pistols or machine guns, don't have much meat behind them.
Rocket launchers etc. on the other hand are really fun to use and the fast pace of the game makes it really fun game over all.

I waited after several months of patching and bought ROTT on sale. The checkpoint issues and poor optimization are no longer present. Right now it's a fairly decent old school inspired FPS. My only complaint is the same as when the original came out. Levels are simplistic and modular looking. There's very little variation in bad guys.

26. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 1, 2014, 21:04 Mad Max RW

The only thing they can really do is a remake of Duke Nukem 1 and 2, to which Apogee still owns the rights. I sincerely doubt they went crawling back to Gearbox to continue a Duke 3D remake when they just released ROTT.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jan 31, 2014, 16:33 Mad Max RW

Angry Joe is fun only to watch his gradual realization everything is a lie and he's now more jaded and cynical than ever before. The treatment he got from Geoff Keighley opened his eyes and A:CM pushed him over the edge.  

News Comments > John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk
4. Re: John Carmack Offers QuakeCon Talk Jan 31, 2014, 11:10 Mad Max RW

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:51:
Just to foster the illusion of continuity, I hope id takes Carmack up on his offer....

You mean Bethesda.

News Comments > EA Salt Lake Layoffs
6. Re: EA Salt Lake Layoffs Jan 30, 2014, 21:40 Mad Max RW

Well obviously EA is part of the "global corporatocracy".  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number in Q3
1. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number in Q3 Jan 29, 2014, 09:10 Mad Max RW

This still cracks me up because they totally nailed the concept of Hotline Miami: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFqasQ6sX7Y

Hope to see more live action skits after the sequel comes out.

News Comments > Leaked Source 2 Screenshot?
2. Re: Leaked Source 2 Screenshot? Jan 27, 2014, 18:34 Mad Max RW

nin wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 18:33:
This is unconfirmed, and there is no explanation of why this would be in crazy buttocks on a train's possession.

What?

Try clicking the post on NeoGAF.

Anyway, it appears these shots are from 2011. Don't expect any kind of official reveal soon.

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
22. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 15:25 Mad Max RW

Are any of the original Epic devs still there anyway? Who cares what they do.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
29. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2014, 18:05 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 16:29:
Dev wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 04:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 20:05:
As the president said in his speech the other day (forced by the Snowden revelations), it's time to scale back.
And yet, it was all meaningless. Like he's going to scale back the degrees of searching from 3 people away from target of interest, to 2 people away from target of interest.
So?
And he's going to require someone get permission before spying on foreign leaders (its NOT a ban on it, like the headlines were claiming).
Again, so?

That speech was far more about pacifying the public than any meaningful changes.

Yeah, I don't have much hope that things will change in a meaningful way. But the first step in solving a problem is acknowledging it, which is more than what was happening before the speech.

You mean like how he acknowledged the IRS problem with a speech and did nothing? Or how he acknowledged the Benghazi problem with a speech and did nothing? Or how he acknowledged the Syria problem with a speech and did nothing? Oh his latest thing is going back to the old and tired blaming Fox News for all his problems. Sounds kinda familiar around these parts.

Face it, the guy is a failure in every possible way. Deflecting only shows how weak and desperate you are to hold onto crumbling liberal ideals that never worked in the first place. Bush sucked ass but I don't remember him crying all the time about the media.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
25. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2014, 09:42 Mad Max RW

Oh look liberals deflecting for Obama on Blue's News again. I AM SHOCKED.

B-b-but Bush! B-b-but Romney! B-b-but Republicans! Obama is President NOW. The Democrats still hold majority control of the government NOW. Stop being an apologist for the current disastrous administration by deflecting to another. Is a little honesty even possible for liberals?

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2014, 09:53.

1622 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo