Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1710 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
42. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 31, 2014, 08:51 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 00:44:

$625k (before taxes and other expenses) is pocket change for a videogame. Any developer, indie or otherwise, can make a better game when they have more money. Could Stainless have completed Carmageddon with only their Kickstarter funding? Probably, but it would have definitely been a lesser game. More money = better game and as a gamer, that's all I care about.

After the Kickstarter campaign successfully ended Stainless received another $3 million investment. The extra money directly impacted the size and scope of what was originally intended to be a smaller game. Early Access gives them the chance to keep everyone on the team employed and working that much longer.

To put things in perspective GTA5 cost around $270 million to develop.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2014, 09:08.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
27. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 30, 2014, 20:24 Mad Max RW

Been playing this a few weeks earlier than everyone else and Stainless has doubled the content in the pre-alpha since going public. The foundation for a great Carmageddon is there. It's already fun and a worthy followup to their predecessors. All they need to do is polish, continue adding content (maps, cars, multiplayer, etc.) and optimize the hell out of it. Unless you have a beast of a machine you will not be able to run the pre-alpha at a playable framerate. Another year of a development is perfectly reasonable. Modding is already possible and the official tools are confirmed as part of the final package.

At this stage they have a much more solid and fun game than InXile's Wasteland 2 when they started open beta testing. If you are involved with that you'd realize how far they came in a few months time.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation in October
6. Re: Alien: Isolation in October Mar 29, 2014, 15:37 Mad Max RW

People who played it at GDC weren't impressed. The game needs a lot of work still and there's no time left if they are held to the October release.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark Mar 29, 2014, 10:39 Mad Max RW

NKD wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 00:44:
Quite frankly, I'm glad they didn't waste time or resources trying to overhaul a mobile title into a quality PC port.

If they can't treat the franchise with respect they shouldn't have done it at all.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 28, 2014, 11:53 Mad Max RW

The government will never close that multi-billion dollar data mining facility they opened in Utah. They are redefining what spying means and continue business as usual.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators?
3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators? Mar 28, 2014, 09:35 Mad Max RW

It'll have to be some knockoff Predator since Sega controls the rights. Shame because I really want a Predator fps.  

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
39. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 07:56 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 06:41:
Killswitch wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 06:33:
You'll want to use Widescreen Fixer for this game because the FOV is horrible.

www.widescreenfixer.org

People say that the devs made it that way on purpose to make it more "scary" since with a constricted view you can't see as much around you, but for me it was nausea inducing.

And those people are called idiots. Didn't they add an FOV slider in the sequel?

Until there was a hack to force a wider FOV that matches my monitor I was unable to play more than 15 minutes of the first game. It was like running around while looking through the wrong side of a binoculars.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
3. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 09:41 Mad Max RW

It's probably blasphemous to say I prefer this reboot/remake over the original Shadow Warrior. The melee combat is surprisingly well made. Gameplay is a huge step up from FWH's previous game, Hard Reset. Even the story was kinda good for a shooter. Level design is nowhere near Duke Nukem 3D or Blood. However it isn't needlessly frustrating and doesn't have the rushed feeling like the original. It's the one Build engine game I cannot force myself to replay to completion.

Get Shadow Warrior and remember Flying Wild Hog.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2014, 10:49.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2014, 08:56 Mad Max RW

Gotta love it when a Democrat acting so anti-gun is caught trafficking about $2.5 worth of them.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 27, 2014, 08:31 Mad Max RW

You should visit Connecticut. Our scary looking weapons ban hasn't put a dent in the gun related crime. Two more kids were shot less than 2 miles from my house this week. And it's not even summer when things get really out of control. Oh let's just pass a few more laws to make the kiddies in their ivory towers feel better.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
136. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 11:26 Mad Max RW

The whole thing is starting to feel like a hoax cooked up by The Onion.

Facebook: “Business” Will Come From A VR Network For People To Buy Virtual Goods, Not From VR Gaming

“We’re clearly not a hardware company. We’re not going to try to make a profit off of the hardware long-term…but if we can make this a network where people are communicating, and buying virtual goods, and there might be ads down the line…that’s where the business could come from.”

124. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 09:00 Mad Max RW

GL1zdA wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 08:42:
I don't get it. Why can't Oculus VR do a great gaming device after being bought by Facebook?

Come back in one year and we'll see if Facebook replaces the team with their own people with their own vision. This happens in every acquisition and there's no reason not to believe it will happen at Oculus.

117. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 08:24 Mad Max RW

hello newman wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 08:00:

Can you see now the problem ?

Oh absolutely. I've never been more relieved to have not pledged for the Oculus Rift. A friend of mine bought into them early and has been rubbing it in everyone's faces. I warned it would come back and bite him in the ass one way or another.

111. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 07:46 Mad Max RW

NKD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 07:25:
Facebook as a social media website isn't going to last forever. They are going to be gobbling up tech left and right so they have contingency plan after contingency plan and a diverse portfolio of patents, intellectual properties, and tech platforms.

Pretty much this. Facebook doesn't want to be the next Myspace. Although with their popularity dropping already it's very possible they will bring Oculus and whatever else down with them.

Here's an interesting development. The CEO of Razer tweeted notch earlier.

55. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 22:52 Mad Max RW

Leper wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 22:50:
So do the KS backers get a cut? I mean, it was their investment that launched this thing.

No, because for the fifty billionth time a kickstarter pledge is not an investment.

Beamer you fucking ninja.

48. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 22:39 Mad Max RW

Frijoles wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:53:
Like getting kicked in the balls. Fuck. This. Tons of people are cancelling their orders for DK2. Hopefully some other VR solution steps in.

Fuck you, Facebook.

Did Sony reveal their Project Morpheus thing yet? If more game devs flock to that you can forget about the Oculus ever really taking off.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 25, 2014, 08:36 Mad Max RW

The game, codenamed "Zeus," was to take place in Rio in the wake of an apocalyptic disaster. Players would control a gunslinging Western-style hero, and gameplay would largely take place on-foot, contrasting the superheroic traversal powers featured in Saints Row 4.

Rio isn't post apocalyptic already? The shanty towns and cartel wars are like something straight out of Fallout.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2014, 08:32 Mad Max RW

I like how gun recoil is the camera spastically zooming in and out. Best game ever! (after Thiaf, of course).  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 24, 2014, 18:18 Mad Max RW

"Cloud" is just a buzzword created to make idiots excited over something that's been around for decades but had no knowledge of it.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer Mar 24, 2014, 10:22 Mad Max RW

Creston wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 09:38:
Is this that weird black & white thing?

Are your fingers broken?

1710 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo