Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1689 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
15. Re: Mar 20, 2014, 16:22 Mad Max RW

The Epic that made the original UT is long gone. I don't know why anybody thinks they will return to their PC roots, especially when pretty much the whole founding team left in the last couple years.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
23. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 21:57 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 21:47:
Beamer wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 20:29:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 19:59:
But I thought this was impossible.....it must be EA magic!

It took them months, so clearly it wasn't easy.
But everyone can keep talking about how this was flipping a switch.

Which isn't a defense, they are the ones that built it to not function offline in the first place, but people keep saying fairly dumb things about them changing that.

Dindn't a modder have it running offline in less than a month after release?

Reportedly you couldn't save progress and it was extremely buggy.

News Comments > Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall
3. Re: Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall Mar 18, 2014, 10:34 Mad Max RW

Funny how you can get this exact same game on the Android for less than $1. Early impressions of the port are bad. Sloppy mouse controls seem to be the biggest issue.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2014, 13:17 Mad Max RW

The last time I played Planet Explorers (around November or December) the playable area seemed really tiny. Has it been expanded at all?

I liked the idea and the look of the game. Combat was unintuitive and movement was clunky. The UI also kinda sucked. Although it's still in alpha. Unless there was a huge leap since the demo I'd wait a while before buying Early Access.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2014, 16:21.

News Comments > Chaos Reborn Kickstarter
4. Re: Chaos Reborn Kickstarter Mar 17, 2014, 13:15 Mad Max RW

El Pit wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 13:02:
Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:02:
We don't know PCs are covered, he could very easily mean phones and tablets - and from the look of it, that seems to be the case. Anyway, $20 for nothing but vagaries and nothing to actually show except some concept art? Pass.

As Blue has already quoted: "APPRENTICE: A digital downloadable version of the game, DRM free, for either Windows, Mac or Linux." It DOES sound like a pc version. Are there Linux smartphones out there? But no Android version? See, it's pretty much sure that a pc version (and a Mac and Linux version) will be released.

You're talking to Cutter. Even when he's wrong and proof is staring him right in the face he's right. Remember that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 12:49 Mad Max RW

What public schools in the US have currently banned the teaching of evolution?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
47. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 14, 2014, 16:12 Mad Max RW

Cheapest around here (New Haven, CT) is $3.79 for regular gas. It's even worse further up toward Hartford and along the interstate.  

News Comments > Dear Esther Developer Joining Valve
5. Re: Dear Esther Developer Joining Valve Mar 13, 2014, 16:31 Mad Max RW

I really liked the concept of Dear Esther as more of an interactive indie movie where the viewer controls the pace of the story. Considering I grabbed it on sale for 1/3 the price of movie tickets you can probably get your money's worth *if* you like that sort of thing. There's an audience for games that rely 100% on story and atmosphere without so much reliance on reflexes, killing stuff, platforming or solving puzzles. You just need the right people to tap into it.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
46. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2014, 12:19 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 12:16:
Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 12:12:
And the predictably dismissive comments from the usual people comes piling in. Keep it going. It amuses me watching you hypocrites justify yourselves.

Curious how you mention liberals. It appears as long as you are a liberal on this site you can get away with saying whatever bigoted nonsense you want and not expect to be called out on it. Congratulations, Blue.

I'm pretty certain Cutter was called out in about 10 straight posts, so I'm not sure what you're crying over here.

I'm wondering why he's not banned or has his posts removed when others have been. I've said plenty of stupid shit on here and I'll own up to it. He never does and just repeats it dozens of times throughout the day for years on end. And nothing happens.

I just noticed his idiotic post was removed. About fucking time there is a faint glimmer of equal treatment around here.

44. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2014, 12:12 Mad Max RW

And the predictably dismissive comments from the usual people comes piling in. Keep it going. It amuses me watching you hypocrites justify yourselves.

Curious how you mention liberals. It appears as long as you are a liberal on this site you can get away with saying whatever bigoted nonsense you want and not expect to be called out on it. Congratulations, Blue.

40. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2014, 07:52 Mad Max RW

It's nice to see bigotry is alive and well on the Blue's News forums.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
70. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 12:33 Mad Max RW

All the information on how tips are taxed is out there if you guys take a minute to look it up or know someone who actually works at a restaurant. But this is Blue's News, where people like to make things up as they go along.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
68. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 12:30 Mad Max RW

Tips are already taxed.  

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
57. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 07:33 Mad Max RW

It's nice to see a game that isn't a sequel or a reboot getting good reviews. If the PC version gets a little more love with player hosted dedicated servers I'll consider picking it up. If they add mod support I will definitely be there.  

News Comments > THIEF Patch & Tips
35. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 11, 2014, 07:18 Mad Max RW

I love how every bad game has a whiteknight. You can't just admit the game has crappy *insert whatever* without deflecting to another.

And I never said it had worse AI than the originals. It just hasn't improved on anything in the stealth genre. I'll probably pick it up on a $2 sale in a few months, just like Invisible War and A:CM.

31. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 10, 2014, 16:47 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 16:39:
Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 16:35:
How many years ago did the original Thief games come out?

How is that relevant? People here are saying that Thief had better AI than the new one. That obviously isn't the case.

It kinda proves the point of the new Thief in 2014 having bad AI when weakly comparing it to instances of bad AI from games that came out 14 and 16 years ago. You made it relevant on your own.

29. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 10, 2014, 16:35 Mad Max RW

How many years ago did the original Thief games come out?  

25. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 10, 2014, 12:19 Mad Max RW

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 09:37:
JayDeath wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 06:17:
I am having such a great time with this game. I have over 25 hours logged doing quests for Basso, the other guy too and I just finished Chapter 6. I think the graphics and immersion are great. All the bashing is really not fair.
Completely agree with you and Jerykk

The game is definitely in the 75%-88% range. I can see myself replaying this, the atmosphere is beautiful.

People always slam AI but NEVER give reasons as to why it is bad.

OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGSDrG48mo

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
25. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 10, 2014, 08:06 Mad Max RW

Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 02:03:
The first Prey is definitely worth playing. I enjoyed it a lot. Prey 2 looked promising but seems to be vaporware now.

It's unfortunate Prey was permanently removed from the Steam store 4 or 5 years ago right after Zenimax acquired the franchise. The convenient excuse has always been they "ran out of keys".

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2014, 09:37.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 20:05 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 17:39:
It's a shame Dragonfall isn't on there. It's really damn good and should be up there over crap like DayZ, Rust, etc.

Seconded. Playing through Dragonfall now and it's a must-have for people who enjoyed Fallout 1 + 2. You still basically have a "lite" version of Fallout but the writing and setting make up for the linear progression (although less directed than the Dead Man's Switch campaign) and sometimes tedious battles.

They clearly put a lot of love into the game since I last played almost 6 months ago. It's way more polished and I haven't experienced any bugs. If they can manage to crank out a new expansion every year I will be very happy.

1689 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo