Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1703 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
3. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 09:41 Mad Max RW

It's probably blasphemous to say I prefer this reboot/remake over the original Shadow Warrior. The melee combat is surprisingly well made. Gameplay is a huge step up from FWH's previous game, Hard Reset. Even the story was kinda good for a shooter. Level design is nowhere near Duke Nukem 3D or Blood. However it isn't needlessly frustrating and doesn't have the rushed feeling like the original. It's the one Build engine game I cannot force myself to replay to completion.

Get Shadow Warrior and remember Flying Wild Hog.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2014, 10:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2014, 08:56 Mad Max RW

Gotta love it when a Democrat acting so anti-gun is caught trafficking about $2.5 worth of them.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 27, 2014, 08:31 Mad Max RW

You should visit Connecticut. Our scary looking weapons ban hasn't put a dent in the gun related crime. Two more kids were shot less than 2 miles from my house this week. And it's not even summer when things get really out of control. Oh let's just pass a few more laws to make the kiddies in their ivory towers feel better.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
136. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 11:26 Mad Max RW

The whole thing is starting to feel like a hoax cooked up by The Onion.

Facebook: “Business” Will Come From A VR Network For People To Buy Virtual Goods, Not From VR Gaming

“We’re clearly not a hardware company. We’re not going to try to make a profit off of the hardware long-term…but if we can make this a network where people are communicating, and buying virtual goods, and there might be ads down the line…that’s where the business could come from.”

124. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 09:00 Mad Max RW

GL1zdA wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 08:42:
I don't get it. Why can't Oculus VR do a great gaming device after being bought by Facebook?

Come back in one year and we'll see if Facebook replaces the team with their own people with their own vision. This happens in every acquisition and there's no reason not to believe it will happen at Oculus.

117. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 08:24 Mad Max RW

hello newman wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 08:00:

Can you see now the problem ?

Oh absolutely. I've never been more relieved to have not pledged for the Oculus Rift. A friend of mine bought into them early and has been rubbing it in everyone's faces. I warned it would come back and bite him in the ass one way or another.

111. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 07:46 Mad Max RW

NKD wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 07:25:
Facebook as a social media website isn't going to last forever. They are going to be gobbling up tech left and right so they have contingency plan after contingency plan and a diverse portfolio of patents, intellectual properties, and tech platforms.

Pretty much this. Facebook doesn't want to be the next Myspace. Although with their popularity dropping already it's very possible they will bring Oculus and whatever else down with them.

Here's an interesting development. The CEO of Razer tweeted notch earlier.

55. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 22:52 Mad Max RW

Leper wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 22:50:
So do the KS backers get a cut? I mean, it was their investment that launched this thing.

No, because for the fifty billionth time a kickstarter pledge is not an investment.

Beamer you fucking ninja.

48. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 22:39 Mad Max RW

Frijoles wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:53:
Like getting kicked in the balls. Fuck. This. Tons of people are cancelling their orders for DK2. Hopefully some other VR solution steps in.

Fuck you, Facebook.

Did Sony reveal their Project Morpheus thing yet? If more game devs flock to that you can forget about the Oculus ever really taking off.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 25, 2014, 08:36 Mad Max RW

The game, codenamed "Zeus," was to take place in Rio in the wake of an apocalyptic disaster. Players would control a gunslinging Western-style hero, and gameplay would largely take place on-foot, contrasting the superheroic traversal powers featured in Saints Row 4.

Rio isn't post apocalyptic already? The shanty towns and cartel wars are like something straight out of Fallout.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2014, 08:32 Mad Max RW

I like how gun recoil is the camera spastically zooming in and out. Best game ever! (after Thiaf, of course).  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 24, 2014, 18:18 Mad Max RW

"Cloud" is just a buzzword created to make idiots excited over something that's been around for decades but had no knowledge of it.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer Mar 24, 2014, 10:22 Mad Max RW

Creston wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 09:38:
Is this that weird black & white thing?

Are your fingers broken?

News Comments > Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam
26. Re: Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam Mar 22, 2014, 22:58 Mad Max RW

headkase wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 16:47:
Task wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 16:33:
Just like when Fallout (originals) were removed from steam, some companies are just blowhards. fucking Bethesda...

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout: Tactics are back on Steam. They were removed for a short period because the sale of all Interplay IP completed to Bethesda and Bethesda took them off while they redid the art and such to rebrand the games as their own and then they put them back on Steam.

The pages exist but you still can't buy them. I'm sure you already knew that, right?

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
15. Re: Mar 20, 2014, 16:22 Mad Max RW

The Epic that made the original UT is long gone. I don't know why anybody thinks they will return to their PC roots, especially when pretty much the whole founding team left in the last couple years.  

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
23. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 21:57 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 21:47:
Beamer wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 20:29:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 19:59:
But I thought this was impossible.....it must be EA magic!

It took them months, so clearly it wasn't easy.
But everyone can keep talking about how this was flipping a switch.

Which isn't a defense, they are the ones that built it to not function offline in the first place, but people keep saying fairly dumb things about them changing that.

Dindn't a modder have it running offline in less than a month after release?

Reportedly you couldn't save progress and it was extremely buggy.

News Comments > Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall
3. Re: Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall Mar 18, 2014, 10:34 Mad Max RW

Funny how you can get this exact same game on the Android for less than $1. Early impressions of the port are bad. Sloppy mouse controls seem to be the biggest issue.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2014, 13:17 Mad Max RW

The last time I played Planet Explorers (around November or December) the playable area seemed really tiny. Has it been expanded at all?

I liked the idea and the look of the game. Combat was unintuitive and movement was clunky. The UI also kinda sucked. Although it's still in alpha. Unless there was a huge leap since the demo I'd wait a while before buying Early Access.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2014, 16:21.

News Comments > Chaos Reborn Kickstarter
4. Re: Chaos Reborn Kickstarter Mar 17, 2014, 13:15 Mad Max RW

El Pit wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 13:02:
Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:02:
We don't know PCs are covered, he could very easily mean phones and tablets - and from the look of it, that seems to be the case. Anyway, $20 for nothing but vagaries and nothing to actually show except some concept art? Pass.

As Blue has already quoted: "APPRENTICE: A digital downloadable version of the game, DRM free, for either Windows, Mac or Linux." It DOES sound like a pc version. Are there Linux smartphones out there? But no Android version? See, it's pretty much sure that a pc version (and a Mac and Linux version) will be released.

You're talking to Cutter. Even when he's wrong and proof is staring him right in the face he's right. Remember that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 12:49 Mad Max RW

What public schools in the US have currently banned the teaching of evolution?  

1703 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo