Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1643 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
51. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 15:55 Mad Max RW

Because their website is getting hammered, here's a copy and paste of the Sneaky Bastards Thief Review. So painful.

I am reveling in this. How many of you pre-ordered? Did you learn your lesson yet?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. removed Feb 24, 2014, 15:50 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 24, 2014, 15:52.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
10. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:17 Mad Max RW

Haha, it's fun being right again. Some of these reviews are devastating. More and more comments like "Aliens Colonial Marines of 2014" are popping up.

Now I'll sit back and watch the apologists do the damage control scramble.

News Comments > Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year
10. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 12:10 Mad Max RW

JayDeath wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 12:02:
I was talking about leaving DayZ. There is no incentive to finish the game with all the cash that's rolling in. This is why I won't buy into this alpha release scheme that many Devs are milking to the fullest.

Your logic is flawed. There only wouldn't be an incentive to work on the game if they were getting no money to do so. If nobody was buying they would walk away. You personally don't have to buy an alpha, beta, or whatever. If they never reach a proper "gold" state then you should know not to ever touch it.

9. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 12:05 Mad Max RW

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 11:55:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 11:16:
I don't get it with some of you people. Was he supposed to work on the game for free? Did any of you buy ARMA2/DayZ? Why does it bother you so much?
I thought we were talking about the DayZ stand alone game here

Yeah. And people are doing their "taking the money and run" crybaby routine. Did anybody here buy DayZ? Who cares if he leaves and starts a new studio. Does anybody believe DayZ will be abandoned when it's still a top seller?

I say good on him for recognizing his own limitations and wanting to trying something new. The worst that can happen is he goes broke after taking a bigger risk. Then again, DayZ was a risk and paid off big time. What's the problem?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2014, 11:49 Mad Max RW

Creston wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 11:16:
We should just fucking ban Comcast, Verizon, AT&T and Time Warner altogether. Hand their networks over to local municipalities, then close them the fuck up.

You would be a big fan of the government's proposed net neutrality bill where everybody has access to the same internet speed. Although it will be slow and expensive as hell with additional fees for high traffic websites like Amazon. It's easy and "fair" to make sure everybody has shit. We don't want hurt feelings now do we?

6. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 11:16 Mad Max RW

I don't get it with some of you people. Was he supposed to work on the game for free? Did any of you buy ARMA2/DayZ? Why does it bother you so much?  

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
35. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 24, 2014, 10:36 Mad Max RW

Reviews are pouring in and "Colonial Marines bad" was not far off.  

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
54. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 09:00 Mad Max RW

Here's a good summary of why Gearbox and specifically Randy Pitchford are poison to the video game industry:

From 'CodeHunters' To 'Aliens: Colonial Marines': Gearbox Is One Of The Most Controversial Studios In The Business

What's in a Name: Gearbox Software

You know how to tell Randy Pitchford is lying? When he opens his mouth.

29. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 15:56 Mad Max RW

The license agreement says 3D Realms retains ownership of the earlier Duke games through Duke Nukem 3D. It's possible there's a loophole in the language saying they cannot produce more Duke Nukem "first person shooters" and nothing about ARPGs and sidescrollers, which left it open for interpretation.

It shouldn't be surprising to anyone who reads. But this is the Blue's community, after all.

14. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 12:25 Mad Max RW

Shataan wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:06:
Gotta admit it. Gearbox bent Duke over in the latest GB Duke game. Gearbox as well horribley disfigured A CMs and sent the Alien franchise into an abyss so deep, it will prolly never recover from it.

As long as a certain entitled little schister is heading that company.... no title they attempt is gonna be safe. lol Agreed with Task below me there.

F*** Gearbox.

And just think we haven't seen what they are doing to Homeworld yet.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
64. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:59 Mad Max RW

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:11:
Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06:
I don't get it how people can already be playing this either. Their version legit?
Probably playing the console version. Which explains why they don't like it, it isn't Halo or Gears of War.

Actually no. Broken AI, terrible voice acting, and laughable story seem to be the top complaints.

59. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 07:39 Mad Max RW

Heh, so people who played this are saying it's "Colonial Marines bad". Wow. Hope the bumbling fools who preordered get their money's worth somehow. Actually no I don't.  

19. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 12:26 Mad Max RW

The livestreams popping up for this are absolutely terrible. Eidos blew it big time.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
24. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 17:19 Mad Max RW

siapnar wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:52:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:38:
RAGE was a disaster in every respect
I really don't know how people rag on RAGE for having bad graphics. That game could look absolutely STUNNING at times.
It was a technical marvel in it's creative approach to texture painting.
And no, textures that take 1/100 of a second to load doesn't bother me.

Also, the gunplay was a lot of fun

Rage was the video game equivalent of the Myspace pose. At just the right angle even the ugliest fattest slob can look stunning. That was Rage. An ugly fat slob of a game that only looked good from a distance.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
17. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 15:18 Mad Max RW

Without any of the original team involved what's the point? Besides brand name recognition.  

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
31. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 10:09 Mad Max RW

Sounds more like they failed to get a new contract for another big studio game and had no other choice but to lay people off or face bankruptcy paying redundant workers to sit around and do nothing.  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
33. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 21:23 Mad Max RW

Clint Eastwood owned the anti-hero role.

This new Thief looks like shit, though. It looks like they hired the writers from Scooby Doo.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2014, 19:58 Mad Max RW

God almighty I tried playing Borderlands 2 again and it is filled with hackers. And they think they are so clever running outside the maps with no-clip, using speed hacks and cheat engine scripts to do impossible things making coop totally pointless. It's a shame because this is probably Gearbox's last good game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2014, 18:36 Mad Max RW

Hotels don't have working toilets, lightbulbs, or door knobs ready for the Olympics but every room has a picture of Putin.

The saddest thing are all the stray dogs they are rounding up to be killed. Where's PETA now? Oh right.

1643 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo