Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1806 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
69. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 13:16 Mad Max RW

harlock wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:02:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 11:34:
I don't know, could it be that people enjoy a better experience using the keyboard mouse? Button mashing with the controller gets old fast IMO and if directional buttons come into play, good luck with that.

theres quite a difference between having a simple preference, and the frantic display in the comments below - thats what im talking about.. the same as Jeryk - the freak outs

i dont care what controls you prefer.. thats not the issue - its the outbursts and "FUCKING CONSOLES!!!" bullshit... its retarded

thats my opinion, so it should please you to see it

You're the last person who should be giving advice about irrational outbursts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Mar 22, 2015, 13:14 Mad Max RW

I originally said the local news and reality are two different things. You should take a break from watching it obsessively and go outside. Try not to be so afraid of the big bad cops.  

News Comments > etc.
10. removed Mar 22, 2015, 08:15 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 22, 2015, 11:00.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2015, 22:00 Mad Max RW

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 09:19:
InBlack wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 03:24:
I don't get it. Are they just going to ignore Alien3 ever happened or what?

Also apparently Biehn doesn't have an Instagram account, so there is that to consider.

I read somewhere that they are going to be effectively ignoring Aliens 3 and 4, and continuing from some time after Aliens (2). They kind of have to, if they want a non-clone Ripley and Hicks, of course.

All that said, Aliens 3 gets way too much hate, it wasn't great but it was interesting in its own way, once you got past the intro rage at the deaths of Newt and Hick.

In a followup interview with Neil Blompkamp he clarified they are NOT ignoring Alien 3 and 4. Unfortunately since it was said once on the internet this sort of misunderstanding will last right up to the movie's release in theaters. Had you clicked the link and read past the first line you would already know this.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
18. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 20, 2015, 07:51 Mad Max RW

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree then. For me Carma 2 is one of my favorite games but it pales in comparison to the original + Splat Pack. The design is so plain and uninspired. Boring cars. Boring maps. It was and remains very prone to crashing. The menu frequently broke. Many vehicles were cut with some of them being recreated by fans. Also the whole second half of the career after launching the nukes and transforming the previous maps into post apocalyptic ruins was axed because of time. It's well known SCi rushed the sequel, which burned out Stainless who passed on doing Carmageddon 3 and lead to the pathetic TDR2000. New technology aside, Carma 2's saving grace was the awesome gameplay and modding community.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
15. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 17:20 Mad Max RW

16GB of RAM here with a 4GB Geforce GTX 770 and it runs fine (averaging 60fps and drops significantly during pinball mode in certain maps) with all the settings on and draw distance sliders between halfway and 3/4 to the right. People don't seem to realize or are unwilling to accept this game is a memory hog. At any given moment it is running several hundred unique pedestrian AI and thousands upon thousands of physics objects. Then add the other drivers, powerups, and the rest of the bells and whistles that effect the entire world at once. No other game is doing that. Not GTA or Saints Row or Crysis or anything. Graphics quality has little to do with performance here.

I see a lot of people bringing up Carmageddon 2. Well I don't know how many of you were around when that game was released but it was a buggy unfinished mess (literally half the game was missing) and unplayable on many MANY more PC setups. If you dared force a greater draw distance it quickly became a slideshow on even the most top of the line computers.

Stainless seems to have a history of overestimating the capability of average PC gamers. Maybe they assumed if you had the money to spare to kickstart Carmageddon Reincarnation you can afford a computer upgrade. They made it for the super dedicated life long fans and appear to have delivered. Casuals should stay away.

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Mar 17, 2015, 10:45 Mad Max RW

My city tried mandating restaurants and bakeries give away leftover food to the poor and homeless several years ago. It was a colossal failure. Most people don't want leftovers and those who took it were crackheads and assholes who threw it all over the place. The same locals who petitioned for free food had a quick change of heart when the next day donuts and cakes and chicken carcasses littered the sidewalks. I've never seen anything like it before or since. Whole cakes smashed in the street for no reason.  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad (2013) Giveaway on GOG.com
15. Re: Darn, I am too slow. Mar 16, 2015, 17:59 Mad Max RW

I tried ROTT2013 a year ago and even though the controls and shooting mechanics are there it's just not very fun. Badguys are pretty much the same everywhere, level design is plain with easy to solve puzzles and key hunts, platforming sections are mostly annoying, and the world itself is boring. If you want a really good oldschool shooter that is FREE try WGRealms 2. It's a crazy yet perfectly realized hybrid of the best parts of 90's games.  

News Comments > Mad Max in September
3. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 3, 2015, 20:02 Mad Max RW

new Game Informer article

The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were canceled to focus on current gen.

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 09:45 Mad Max RW

1badmf wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:11:
in all seriousness though, biehn was one of the more underrated action stars of the 80s/90s i feel. universal everyman type look with a strong voice and confident acting ability i think made him the most believable and down to earth of action stars. i wish he'd been more successful than stallone at least. i for one would heartily welcome back corporal Duane "somebody wake up" Hicks.

He admittedly ruined his career with drugs and alcohol.

What about Newt coming back? Hey, do you wanna feel old? The actress who played her is 38 and hasn't done anything in movies or television since.

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
3. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 2, 2015, 20:27 Mad Max RW

That's one big EMPTY revolver.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
31. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 18:30 Mad Max RW

In related news the Unreal Tournament pre-alpha is actually looking really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4tNU2jgTZU  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
3. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:18 Mad Max RW

Why would they deviate from their own in-house tech they've spent years and millions of dollars developing?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
44. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2015, 07:45 Mad Max RW

I probably won't do my next big update until a generation of affordable 6-8GB GPU's come out. My year old 4GB GTX 770 can handle anything thrown at it today and it didn't cost anywhere near the $1,000-$2,0000+ they're currently asking for the Titan. SLI seems negligible when VRAM doesn't change.  

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
50. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:24 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:21:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:52:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:47:
Everything the government touches turns to shit and this will be no exception.

Try and be a bit more reactionary why don't you? Infrastructure, labour laws, foof and drug regulation, etc. - while all are far from perfect, they're a damn sight better than none at all. Or maybe you think life was better before all of that? Yes, I'm sure life was much better under the robber barons and other assorte tyrants.

I'm sure he'd find Somalia a much better place to live. There are no laws to fetter his living. It's freedom. A libertarian paradise. I'm sure he's buying one-way tickets right now.

And look right here. Two ignorant extreme posts that kill discussion. Robber barons and Somalia? What's the point.

45. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:20 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:19:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:12:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:03:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

Here's an example of the nonsense that ruins discussion. It's either all or nothing. Why does anyone think like this?

The people in a generalized sense that think like this, "gov't screws everything up", is generally a fox viewer, why? Because that is what they sell all day long. They are pro-corporation to the nTH degree. They sell extremes and if you watch them long enough you start to think like them and also think it isn't extreme.

Do you have any evidence or are you just stating another extreme?

40. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:13 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:12:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

Here's an example of the nonsense that ruins discussion. It's either all or nothing. Why does anyone think like this?

38. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:11 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:06:
But, as you say, you have no solution.

Honestly, I'd love to have a choice of 10 ISPs. That would completely denecessitate this ruling. But that's not how things are, and there's little chance of having an actual free market. So if it's a choice between a monopoly, and a regulated monopoly, I'll take the regulated one, thanks.

And no solution you put forth will matter if you live to be a million. You realize how powerless we are, right? It's stupid to even argue with each other.

7. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:03 Mad Max RW

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 18:59 Mad Max RW

I love it. The excuse for the US government failing miserably at everything it does is "IT'S ALWAYS THE REPUBLICANS!" So, let's turn our brains off and accept that as reality. Every time the government does something the republicans will fuck it all up. Then wouldn't it be inevitable that government regulated internet will crash and burn as well? Those evil republican boogeymen will get their greedy little hands on it and do whatever it is they do. Right? Is that the thinking here? Why pass it in the first place?

Al Gore created the internet
How did you guys forget this? Too young? Really?

1806 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo