Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1798 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max in September
3. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 3, 2015, 20:02 Mad Max RW

new Game Informer article

The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were canceled to focus on current gen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 09:45 Mad Max RW

1badmf wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:11:
in all seriousness though, biehn was one of the more underrated action stars of the 80s/90s i feel. universal everyman type look with a strong voice and confident acting ability i think made him the most believable and down to earth of action stars. i wish he'd been more successful than stallone at least. i for one would heartily welcome back corporal Duane "somebody wake up" Hicks.

He admittedly ruined his career with drugs and alcohol.

What about Newt coming back? Hey, do you wanna feel old? The actress who played her is 38 and hasn't done anything in movies or television since.

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
3. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 2, 2015, 20:27 Mad Max RW

That's one big EMPTY revolver.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
31. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 18:30 Mad Max RW

In related news the Unreal Tournament pre-alpha is actually looking really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4tNU2jgTZU  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
3. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:18 Mad Max RW

Why would they deviate from their own in-house tech they've spent years and millions of dollars developing?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
44. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2015, 07:45 Mad Max RW

I probably won't do my next big update until a generation of affordable 6-8GB GPU's come out. My year old 4GB GTX 770 can handle anything thrown at it today and it didn't cost anywhere near the $1,000-$2,0000+ they're currently asking for the Titan. SLI seems negligible when VRAM doesn't change.  

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
50. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:24 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:21:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:52:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:47:
Everything the government touches turns to shit and this will be no exception.

Try and be a bit more reactionary why don't you? Infrastructure, labour laws, foof and drug regulation, etc. - while all are far from perfect, they're a damn sight better than none at all. Or maybe you think life was better before all of that? Yes, I'm sure life was much better under the robber barons and other assorte tyrants.

I'm sure he'd find Somalia a much better place to live. There are no laws to fetter his living. It's freedom. A libertarian paradise. I'm sure he's buying one-way tickets right now.

And look right here. Two ignorant extreme posts that kill discussion. Robber barons and Somalia? What's the point.

45. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:20 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:19:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:12:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:03:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

Here's an example of the nonsense that ruins discussion. It's either all or nothing. Why does anyone think like this?

The people in a generalized sense that think like this, "gov't screws everything up", is generally a fox viewer, why? Because that is what they sell all day long. They are pro-corporation to the nTH degree. They sell extremes and if you watch them long enough you start to think like them and also think it isn't extreme.

Do you have any evidence or are you just stating another extreme?

40. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:13 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:12:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

Here's an example of the nonsense that ruins discussion. It's either all or nothing. Why does anyone think like this?

38. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:11 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:06:
But, as you say, you have no solution.

Honestly, I'd love to have a choice of 10 ISPs. That would completely denecessitate this ruling. But that's not how things are, and there's little chance of having an actual free market. So if it's a choice between a monopoly, and a regulated monopoly, I'll take the regulated one, thanks.

And no solution you put forth will matter if you live to be a million. You realize how powerless we are, right? It's stupid to even argue with each other.

7. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:03 Mad Max RW

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 18:59 Mad Max RW

I love it. The excuse for the US government failing miserably at everything it does is "IT'S ALWAYS THE REPUBLICANS!" So, let's turn our brains off and accept that as reality. Every time the government does something the republicans will fuck it all up. Then wouldn't it be inevitable that government regulated internet will crash and burn as well? Those evil republican boogeymen will get their greedy little hands on it and do whatever it is they do. Right? Is that the thinking here? Why pass it in the first place?

Al Gore created the internet
How did you guys forget this? Too young? Really?

44. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 18:02 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 18:01:
'rahrahrah the government cant do shit, it ruins everything!'

I guess they forgot the government made the fucking internet in the first place, I think they can regulate it.

Specifically Al Gore. Don't you remember? OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!

41. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 17:50 Mad Max RW

BobBob wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 17:47:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 17:41:
BobBob wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 17:39:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 17:27:
The US government can't

Your solution is ... ?

Why the fuck should I have a solution? It would be as useless as your solution or his or that other guy's solution.

My apologies. I thought you were participating in a discussion.

It's a little late, don't you think? Besides, any discussion before always turned into the same worthless slap fights on here. If you had an alternative solution, any idea at all, you hate poor people, you hate women, you're a racist, or you're a communist, you hate the country, whatever. It's just so much bullshit. They passed it and now you get to wait and see how much the US government fails at yet another thing. There's nothing more to discuss.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 17:41 Mad Max RW

BobBob wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 17:39:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 17:27:
The US government can't

Your solution is ... ?

Why the fuck should I have a solution? It would be as useless as your solution or his or that other guy's solution.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 17:27 Mad Max RW

The US government can't even run the postal service and people are comfortable with them controlling the internet.

The US government can't even run trains without the cost skyrocketing and you're ok with government regulated internet.

The US government totally failed at running the public school system despite spending more per student than every country in the world. But hey, they surely won't overspend and under-deliver while controlling the internet.

The US government's "war on poverty" has cost over $22 trillion in 50 years and the poverty rate is worse, so let's see what they can do with the internet.

The US government's "war on terror" has cost over $4.4 trillion since 2001. I'm sure they will be equally as successful at regulating the internet.

The US government can't even run a single barely functioning website without it costing over a billion dollars and people are ok with them controlling the internet.

Sounds about right.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2015, 17:36.

News Comments > AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer
9. Re: AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer Feb 26, 2015, 17:17 Mad Max RW

LOC wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 04:06:
Wildone wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 23:13:
But shit, the graphics are almost 8bit it'd be painful to play. What about the Monolith game..

It holds up quite nicely in the graphics department actually. One thing the Lithtech engine did right even back then was some pretty nice lighting and shadow effects. Sure they are basic and crap looking these days but in 1999/2000 they blew your mind. Also, holding that motion tracker and hearing it go off when you accidentally destroyed something in the environment thinking it was an alien coming for you - classic!

Monolith's AvP2 is currently stuck in license limbo ever since they were acquired by Warner Brothers.

Rebellion's AvP1 is a different engine entirely and they own every bit of it. If my memory is correct today's incarnation, the engine they used for AvP3(2010), is called "Asura" and is very similar to the one that started it all. The great thing about the AvP Classic re-release is we're no longer stuck with 1999 era graphics.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
44. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 13:11 Mad Max RW

Where's the mod support, though? That's what keeps a game like this alive by creating a real solid community right out of the gate. It's obviously a budget title judging by the lack of content at launch. If they priced accordingly, included mod tools, and basically followed Killing Floor's lead (or even their own Left 4 Dead games) then nobody would be complaining about the cosmetic DLC and it would probably have a nice long lifespan. Instead you have another throwaway title to be played and forgotten in a few months time. If that's what you prefer then fine. Don't expect everybody else to feel the same and act confused when they complain.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 11:53 Mad Max RW

Watching Angry Joe's review for Evolve is far more entertaining than the game can ever hope to be.

I'll probably check it out for $5 if it includes all of the content. By then will anybody still be playing? Cosmetic DLC doesn't bother me when it's for a game and developer that deserve a few extra bucks such as Killing Floor. There you always had mod support and tons and tons of free skins, maps, weapons, etc. throughout the game's whole lifetime. And now they are making an awesome looking sequel. Tripwire earned our money by treating us right from the start. What has Turtle Rock done for Evolve?

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2015, 11:58.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2015, 22:14 Mad Max RW

robdot wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 21:13:
In america, our politicians openly discourage the use of vaccines....

Even our current president!

1798 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo