Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1755 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
8. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 12:18 Mad Max RW

Interest dropped to zero if Anthony Burch is still involved as a writer.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2015, 11:30 Mad Max RW

I'm really hoping this isn't like the 2013 storm where the National Guard had to come and dig out the roads. It was the only time in my life where my plow truck was totally useless and I had to do nearly the entire job with 3 blowers and a Case tractor. Sidewalks were like tunnels. I'm lucky to live near a main road and was able to hike to the gas station. People who lived more than half a mile further were totally blocked in by impassable mountains of snow. It was at least a week before most people could move freely. Giant bulldozers were getting assisted by other larger bulldozers and military equipment. News reports across the country showed my neighborhood as ground zero.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 10:21 Mad Max RW

Not impressed at all by new cars. They have no class and only depreciate in value. Fake engine noise is one more example of how sad things are. That's probably why I still drive a 69 Camaro.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 23, 2015, 19:26 Mad Max RW

8-BIT OLIGARCHY!  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
20. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 22, 2015, 07:32 Mad Max RW

|RaptoR| wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 03:01:
Aliens: CM was an enjoyable game (not a 10/10, but it wasn't the $2 bargain bin title everyone here circlejerks about) and this one was a blast

Considering I saw literal piles of them at the dollar store months before Christmas, a bargain bin title is exactly what A:CM is.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 00:24 Mad Max RW

2009 called. They want their conspiracy theory back.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 16:59 Mad Max RW

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 14:30:
This list is an incredible display of shitty taste. Shame on you, my dear fellow PC gamers. Maybe this week we can return to some standards after buying shit for the lulz last week... pretty please?

Such as?

And what's so bad about Saints Row? I put them off because the over the top design didn't grab my attention. When I finally gave it a shot I was pleasantly surprised by their polished, highly addictive gameplay and Volition's sharp sense of humor. They put Gearbox to shame.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
94. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 12:50 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 12:46:
That is a pretty impressive two man circlejerk, have fun with that. It is so edgy to make fun of the website you obviously love because you're here all the time. I remember being a teenager too, fun days.

Goodbye kids, daddy is off to do adult things.

But do you hear the violin?

92. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 12:44 Mad Max RW

Slick wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 12:40:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 12:34:
Refresh my memory. This is Blue's News, right? The same Blue's News where it's popular to bitch about corporations and the evils of capitalism?

Shhh. Listen carefully and you might hear me playing a downloaded recording of the world's smallest violin.

you shouldn't pirate world's smallest violin recordings, don't you have any ethics? but you should pirate GTA V because R* chose to keep their own sales portal. That way we stick it to the corporation! If only they listened to us and sold through that other MUCH BIGGER corporation, then we wouldn't be so wrathful.

But but but those evil Rockstar suits took my precious violin recordings I originally paid for! Technically I didn't pay for it, the recordings came with a product as a free bonus that was licensed to the developer, but let's not confuse the discussion with facts so I put this statement in super secret mode to not upset people who can barely read. What else am I supposed to do? Go on the internet and bitch to strangers? PRINCIPALS!!!111111

89. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 12:34 Mad Max RW

Refresh my memory. This is Blue's News, right? The same Blue's News where it's popular to bitch about corporations and the evils of capitalism?

Shhh. Listen carefully and you might hear me playing a downloaded recording of the world's smallest violin.

84. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 10:31 Mad Max RW

Redmask wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 10:17:
Quboid wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 09:25:
How have I moved the goal posts? The principle is that they sold me something and then took it away. That has always been my objection, my mysterious sense of entitlement to something that I am entitled to.

"If you think you understand license agreements" - read the part of my post which you removed from the quote which specifically addresses this.

There's nothing wrong with your complaint or attitude to be honest, I wouldn't give his post much thought. Being told to pirate some music to satisfy an unauthorized content removal in a video game is fucking hilarious.

Oh please. You're going to tell me with a straight face you don't have your own playlist and paid for every single mp3 you ever downloaded? I never condone pirating games, but music is a whole other story. Boo fucking hoo.

80. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 09:12 Mad Max RW

Quboid wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 08:52:

It's not the songs that matter, it's the principle of them taking something away that I have paid for. What if the next thing they take away is part of the game map? Perhaps a car or two?

But we're not talking about removing parts of the map and cars, we're talking about licensed songs you can download in seconds. Not some imagined "principal" that can be applied to literally anything. If you think you understand license agreements and how things should be done better than Rockstar and everybody else in the world maybe you should run the studio into the ground. Until then keep moving the goalposts to continue your whiny shitposts. I expected a stupid response and you didn't disappoint.

69. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 00:38 Mad Max RW

Wait. People are really upset about Rockstar removing a few licensed songs from GTA? Songs you can download and add to your own playlist in fucking seconds. If we were in the early 1990s you might have a reason to complain. To those people is this a thought that ever crossed your minds? I'm dying to see how you dismiss it. If you can be here right now to type out another stupid post you can reacquire those precious songs with at least the same amount of effort.  

67. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 00:28 Mad Max RW

Krovven wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 00:25:

Don't have an internet connection? Too bad. I'm tired of people whining about their internet connections. If you don't have a good connection, don't buy it and play something else. Simple as that.
But for the last 15 years, we've had this thing called broadband internet.

I do find it ironic the people who bitch about requiring an internet connection to play a video game spend a ridiculous amount of time bitching on the internet. Far more time than they ever would have spent playing the game.

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
37. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 18, 2015, 00:11 Mad Max RW

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 23:43:
You have however no right to insult anyone who does play it.

Except for on the internet, the coward's domain.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
49. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 18, 2015, 00:06 Mad Max RW

Denthor wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 01:26:
I have never understood this and probably never will. It just reeks of double standards - both are equally horrible and something noone should ever consider doing to another human. Yet somehow the majority of people have absolutely no problem justifying brutally killing someone in a game yet if its sexual violence or anything to do with kids your absolutely evil to your core for pushing the button or including it in the game?? Where is the logic in that.

It will never make any senses to me - both acts are deplorable and nothing i would ever consider doing to another human. Would i push the button just to see what happens in a game? Absolutely.

It doesn't make sense precisely because the people crying are stupid. It's just another stupid thing for stupid people to express their increasing stupidity for other stupid people to eat up and regurgitate with their big stupid mouths. Did I mention it's also stupid?

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
33. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 17, 2015, 21:33 Mad Max RW

There's plenty of rape simulators coming out of Japanese game developers for years. Where are all the white knights and social justice warriors attacking them?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2015, 13:11 Mad Max RW

beremot wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 13:06:
Reminds me of a child sticking his fingers in his ears and chanting "Na na na na-I'm not listening-na na na na!"

Does that really work as an adult? Assuming, of course, that you qualify as an adult.

It appears to be working for you.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
45. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 5, 2015, 09:03 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 00:43:
And if the devs were in charge, we'd have a lot better games than we do.

That didn't work out so great for Ion Storm and Daikatana. If the STALKER devs remained in charge the game never would have come out. Perhaps you should open your eyes to the numerous indie devs already out there.

Most good game developers aren't good business people.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
26. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 3, 2015, 19:43 Mad Max RW

Simon Says wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 19:07:
Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 17:57:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 15:49:
Many people seem to vastly overestimate the number of units that Steam is moving.

Just because Steam has become a pretty big deal for most of us, doesn't mean it's a big deal for even close to the majority of gamers. It's this typical window syndrome where people believe their limited view is somehow representative of anything when in reality it isn't at all.

Yet Steam makes ~ 1.5 billion dollars in revenue each year, and is still growing double digits. I'm not sure what number that needs to turn into before people start being impressed?

I'll be impressed when numbers don't mean a thing and everyone has equal access to the same stuff without shitty DLC puke on every gamer's plate. And.... it won't probably ever happen again as long as we run our economy using obsolete currency/trade based economic system.

Yeah man. When will people get with the program and switch to a smiles and good vibrations based economy?

1755 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo