Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1612 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
98. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2014, 12:38 Mad Max RW

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 12:24:
A response to the issue/article is what I meant, not the people you're angry at for various reasons. Beamer is one of two people on my permanent ignore list and will never come off but JD is pretty level headed and you just disagree on this. There's really no need for "does being a SJW get you laid" type crap, that's some childish stuff.

That was a tongue firmly in cheek comment by me to break up the previously phony seriousness going on in here. Actually, living and working in the Yale portion of New Haven, one of the most liberal spots in the whole country, I see this kind of crap all the time.

There's only two people that deserve to be globally ignored, Beamer and Cutter. It's fitting because they are both on opposite ends of the idiot spectrum.

As for the article I don't disagree with any of it. Most of what they wrote sounds less like a problem for women than part of a larger problem of just plain horrible unfiltered bigots with internet access. Where's the discussion about the anti-Semitic stuff sweeping social media?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
95. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2014, 12:18 Mad Max RW

A rebuttal to what exactly? How bullying and harassment as a pretense to getting your way by hiding behind "equality" and "tolerance" is bad? That has to be explained? People like Beamer and jdreyer don't care at all about helping others. They are in it just for making everyone feel as miserable as they are. Racism, women's rights, gay marriage, etc. doesn't matter to them. It's pretend. It's a show. They latch onto these things only to perpetuate an intolerance they created. That's their motive. Not to help but to make everyone fight each other. Meanwhile any actual gains are lost because of their bogus ideas.  

News Comments > Op Ed
90. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2014, 09:41 Mad Max RW

If you're gullible enough to think Beamer and jdreyer are sincere then you're as worthless as they are.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Gods Will Be Watching
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Gods Will Be Watching Jul 24, 2014, 21:07 Mad Max RW

Apparently it's not a true "point and click adventure" and more about grinding and micro management of resources.  

News Comments > Op Ed
87. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2014, 20:13 Mad Max RW

I'm assuming the resident social justice warrior underneath me just said another one of his weak retorts. Having him on ignore is so nice.

It will never cease to amaze me watching these lonely people preach from the safety of their ivory tower penthouses, latching onto the weekly "equality" bandwagon just to troll video game websites with their nonsense. That's why the Beamers and the jdreyers of the world act the way they do. They are lonely.

News Comments > Op Ed
85. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2014, 19:43 Mad Max RW

jdreyer, has pretending to be a feminist social justice warrior ever succeeded in getting you laid? Do you go through this same routine in real life?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
49. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2014, 19:19 Mad Max RW

RACISM! OLIGARCHY! RACISM! OLIGARCHY!  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update
14. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update Jul 17, 2014, 17:26 Mad Max RW

Can you link your thread? I can't find it in Tech Support or General Discussion. It sounds really familiar. If somebody replied like an asshole he more than likely is the same guy we banned.  

12. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update Jul 17, 2014, 16:53 Mad Max RW

TangoBaker wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 12:52:

There's no official solution that's worked yet and asking in the forums is a nightmare. The Carmageddon community is not exactly a friendly, supportive environment.

The official Carmageddon forums or the garbage dump Steam forum? Because the official ones are very helpful and most of the people are friendly. Although, there was a single asshole we had to ban a few months back. Nobby, sim, and several other Stainless devs post all the time.

5. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update Jul 17, 2014, 11:41 Mad Max RW

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 11:01:
Any multiplayer planned?

It's currently being worked on as a top priority. The original plan was to implement it by E3. Everything is there now they just need to fix the de-sync problems before going live.

2. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update Jul 17, 2014, 10:57 Mad Max RW

nin wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 09:49:
I keep meaning to reinstall this and try it again. The first time, the frame rate was a total mess when you rotated the camera to a certain point in the (single)map. But a lot of folks mentioned it, so hopefully it gets fixed.

It's improved dramatically since the initial release but you still need a beast of a computer to maintain a consistent framerate. Anything less than 4GB of VRAM isn't gonna cut it until they finish optimizing.

Modding is already well underway, despite the lack of an official toolset (coming after early access). In fact, nearly all of Carmageddon 1's tracks and cars are ported over and are very playable.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
21. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 08:32 Mad Max RW

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 07:51:
Creston wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 05:03:
Up next, an RPG where you can only level up if you buy (individual) level-up packs...

I think they already make plenty of games like that for IOS and Android.

And Borderlands 2's "Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Packs" where you pay $5 for a few more levels and a harder difficulty. The big failure about that is since it's primarily a coop game and exclusive stuff like this fractures multiplayer servers, finding one running the max DLC level is damn near impossible.

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
19. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 16:00 Mad Max RW

This reminds me, whatever happened to those Limbo of the Lost clowns?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2014, 11:29 Mad Max RW

BobBob wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 20:46:
Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 20:42:

How do you figure, sportsfan? Just because we were hunter-gatherers doesn't mean we enjoyed it. It's why we took to agrarian societies like a duck to water. Tool use, metallurgy, et al. all to limit our exposure to the wild and make life easier. We don't like being caged either, but that's a very different thing from being domestic. We can still walk out our front doors anytime.

Cutter,

If I get banned for arguing and defending myself here. I want to tell you I consider you a virtual friend. Take care.

You consider yourself a friend of an admitted Nazi apologist? Congratulations I guess.

News Comments > Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
1. Re: Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Jul 10, 2014, 20:57 Mad Max RW

With how poorly received their Battleborn reveal went down on just about every website I've seen, it's looking more and more like Gearbox can only do Borderlands these days. And just like much of their titles once again they aren't directly involved with this one. What a waste.  

News Comments > Rebellion "Could" Return to AvP Series
5. Re: Rebellion Jul 10, 2014, 20:53 Mad Max RW

The original was the best. I'm so attached to it I rebuilt the entire game following the Steam re-release. But their return to the franchise in recent years was a joke. The Rebellion of today is not the same Rebellion of 1999. For now please stay away from AvP. Maybe in a few years when the license is no longer in Sega's hands and they get serious about making good games again.  

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
16. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 8, 2014, 16:17 Mad Max RW

That looks truly awful.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October
18. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October Jul 3, 2014, 19:08 Mad Max RW

I was apprehensive about buying Civ 5 Complete during the Steam sale since I was so underwhelmed by Civ 4's launch. Then the surprisingly large amount of updates and mods I saw put me over the edge. And you know what, this is actually a very fun game. It's no Civ 2 (or even 3) and I doubt Beyond Earth will hold a candle to Alpha Centauri. At any rate I'm looking forward to see what they come up with.  

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Jul 1, 2014, 18:58 Mad Max RW

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 17:57:
WTF is going on in here!? I sleep for a few hours and WTF is wrong with some of you!?

The same old predictable phony self righteous bullshit spewing from the same old predictable phony self righteous bullshitters, of course.

Run! Run as far as you can before an internet nobody calls you homophobic.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 Mad Max RW

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 09:55:

Really though, what's the word on Wasteland 2? I absolutely adore the first wasteland and everything about it. Anyone here spend significant time with it yet? Thoughts?

Don't expect a modern version of the original because they deviated pretty far from it. The setting, characters, and overall writing is similar. However, the gameplay is totally different. I've said several times before, Wasteland 2 is like a fully realized Fallout Tactics. You create a team of Rangers at the beginning like in Wasteland 1 by chosing up to 4 pre-made characters or rolling new ones. Then you're dropped into the main storyline which is fairly linear and only branches in a couple obvious places. Combat is very similar to Tactics' turnbased mode. The worldmap functions the same. You enter and exit areas just like Wasteland and Fallout.

The UI and inventory is sort of a cluttered hybrid of both Wasteland, Fallout, and oddly enough Fallout 3/New Vegas. Thankfully they are changing it all the time and making huge improvements. You can take apart weapons and use their parts to upgrade others. Looting is significantly easier. After a battle instead of clicking from one body to another in a close area you can quickly scroll through them all in one window.

As for the story I can't really comment until the remaining half is released. None of the NPCs are particularly memorable. I do like the voice acting and the writing has the bleak yet dark humor you expect.

Technically Wasteland 2 looks good and runs nice and smooth. It loads fast and has been very stable the past several months. If you have a decent computer there's no reason why it would run like crap.

1612 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo