Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1524 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Apr 17, 2014, 17:39 Mad Max RW

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 17:32:
Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:55:
Good. The faster you get all of Wall Street out of all the games... the better.

The article isn't saying that at all. It's saying that the stocks will fall, not that the companies will go private.

Right. But I'm still good with what I wrote, the more the stock market isn't involved with the games the better. Them not making bank on wall street all the while pandering to them... since that isn't paying off, just listen to the buyers. Games and Wall Street barely mix. Jim Cramer knows this to and regularly tells us on his show.

Jim Cramer also said things were looking great months before the 2008 crash. But he is humble about it now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
14. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 17:36 Mad Max RW

The lack of rapid updates I see only as a benefit for the growing Starbound mod community. Following every patch all released mods had to be updated and re-installed. It's confusing enough already finding ones that aren't obsolete. Dedicated projects at least have some wiggle room to prepare.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
11. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 12:34 Mad Max RW

El Pit wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:35:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:16:
If you're into the Alien Expanded Universe crap (comics, novels, etc.) they kind of explain away the low-tech with stories of a past technological wipe from some galaxy wide killer computer virus or whatever the hell it was. Most of humanity's advanced technology and history was lost.

SKYNET?

Next: Aliens vs. Terminators

It was already done in Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator. The story concluded with Ripley 8 (the clone from Alien Resurrection) dying once and for all.

6. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:16 Mad Max RW

Darks wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:10:
I get what they are trying to do, but letís be realistic first of all. CRT was a way of life when those movies were made. No one had any clue or idea about flat panels or touch screens. This is the same thing that happened with Star Wars and the old Innovated technology when Lucas brought Star Wars up-to-date with the newer looking tech.

I personal feel these guys went in the wrong direction with this on the tech screens. This move takes place a few hundred years into the future. Just imagine what Tech will be like then.

If you're into the Alien Expanded Universe crap (comics, novels, etc.) they kind of explain away the low-tech with stories of a past technological wipe from some galaxy wide killer computer virus or whatever the hell it was. Most of humanity's advanced technology and history was lost.

4. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 10:52 Mad Max RW

It worries me they still label everything as "pre-alpha" when the release date is supposedly October 7. In addition, all of the footage so far is from the same staged B-roll stuff they've been showing since the game was announced.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
183. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 15, 2014, 19:50 Mad Max RW

You're wasting your time, Drillo. Welcome to the echo chamber that is the Blue's News comments board.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
100. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 19:48 Mad Max RW

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 18:45:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 18:36:
Three words : Wing Commander Movie - 4 Academy awards!

Lol, 10 percent on rotten tomato, WTF, lost millions of dollars at the box office, who directed that bit of shit?

It says right on the very page you linked to.

Ha, I didn't know it was the same fucking Chris Roberts. Although I can't hate him for producing Outlander.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
96. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 18:45 Mad Max RW

Kosumo wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 18:36:
Three words : Wing Commander Movie - 4 Academy awards!

Lol, 10 percent on rotten tomato, WTF, lost millions of dollars at the box office, who directed that bit of shit?

It says right on the very page you linked to.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
25. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 08:21 Mad Max RW

Do these video game "Collector's Editions" do anything other than depreciate in value? I always find them hugely discounted on Amazon for months and years after launch. Meanwhile hard to find games in mint condition (you know, actually collectable) like Blade Runner start at around $100.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Apr 15, 2014, 08:06 Mad Max RW

I saw a zoomed out Unity editor shot of the LA map a few weeks ago on the backer site. That picture is barely 1/10 of the entire playable area. It's really impressive what they are doing with such a limited budget. After every update the game becomes that Fallout/Fallout Tactics hybrid we never got.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2014, 23:16 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 21:55:
@ Orogogus

Totally agree that not only should filing be easier (wastes so many millions of hours a year on people filing) that there should be a free public option available. I'm fine with having private options, too, just like we have the USPS and UPS & FedEx. Just SO FCKING TIRED of lobbyists writing our damn laws in their own favor.

Connecticut does offer free tax help called Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, or VITA. Most people have no idea it exists.

News Comments > New Interceptor Countdown
1. Re: New Interceptor Countdown Apr 14, 2014, 23:04 Mad Max RW

LAAAAAAME.  

150. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2014, 12:31 Mad Max RW

Quboid wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 10:46:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 10:12:
Bethesda did release a humongous texture pack for PC gamers...

I didn't think it was that impressive compared to how it killed my performance but along with mods Skyrim does look more impressive now than on release. It's interesting how the same game can be used as an example of poor graphics and good graphics and for both arguments to have merit. FWIW I thought Skyrim looked good upon release and I think these videos look pretty good too but a short clip doesn't tell the whole story.

I felt pretty much the same. Mods really bring their games to another level. The dungeons look especially nice. I'm eager to see how Fallout 4 turns out with the updated engine if only because they are so good at crafting intricate set pieces.
Have you tried New Vegas with graphics mods? You need a beast of a machine, but it easily rivals the best stuff you can find in Skyrim.

I'm wondering how mod-friendly Star Citizen will be...

148. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2014, 10:12 Mad Max RW

Bethesda did release a humongous texture pack for PC gamers...  

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
25. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed? Apr 13, 2014, 09:44 Mad Max RW

This looks awesome. Alpha Centauri is one of a handful of games I always leave installed on my computer. It's as close as you can get to "perfect" so topping it will be impossible. I hope they retain the planet fighting back with rising oceans and add more alien creatures to the mix. Give us the hard scifi again with the well written tech and factions. Please don't dumb it all down.

In depth interview at PC Gamer

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
21. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 19:22 Mad Max RW

Soulburner wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 15:27:
Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:15:
2 years is more than enough for a game of this size and caliber. [...]
If I recall correctly, it took 3 years to create Fallout 1, so no, 2 years is not more than enough for a game of this size and caliber.

Also, do you remember how fucked up Fallout 2 was at release with its shortened development time of 10 months? And that was with the same tech.

Yeah, these games need a lot of time to bake. Oh you were quoting the self titled expert in everything Cutter. Moving on then.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
11. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 10:53 Mad Max RW

I hope we learned by now Gearbox farming out development doesn't end well.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
84. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 11:15 Mad Max RW

Angry little Beamer keeps screaming inside his echo chamber. Consider yourself the one and only person I put on ignore. An amusing hypocrite is only amusing for so long before he becomes a tiresome repetitious and joyless bore.

Now Cutter or nin or Beamer himself will so eloquently reply with "pot kettle black" or some other nonsensical thing that means absolutely nothing to me or anyone else with common sense.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
82. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 10:55 Mad Max RW

I guess John Carmack is homophobic, too.

ID_AA_Carmack

I respect @BrendanEich for not doing the craven belly crawl of apology when he was set upon by the mob.

So does he have to resign? I fully expect the dismissive replies from the usual suspects will be something along the lines of "Carmack isn't even relevant anymore".

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2014, 11:04.

News Comments > Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter
4. Re: Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter Apr 8, 2014, 10:43 Mad Max RW

I was really hoping for a sequel instead of a HD remake. After patching and a few ini tweaks the original still looks good. I'll probably wait a week or 2 and see how much demand there is before pledging. The $1.7 million stretch goal of a new world/quests is more interesting to me than better graphics.  

1524 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo