Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ebone

Real Name ebone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ebone23
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 19:50
Total Comments 8 (Suspect)
User ID 15913

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Titan "Unlikely" to be Subscription-Based
8. Re: Titan Aug 2, 2013, 16:00 ebone23

Micro-transactions here we come!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Expeditions: Conquistador
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Expeditions: Conquistador May 31, 2013, 16:47 ebone23

Virtually running around and shooting someone or stealing a car or beating up a hooker could be perceived to be in poor taste and sophomoric but the virtual victims of said crimes are anonymous; you're not running around wiping out a specified ethnic population. What this game is doing is pushing the now defunct perception of history as one of exploration and adventure w/out the death, disease and social exploitation.

How is this game different than someone releasing "The Third Reich - the game that let's you create kill lists from the ghettos of Poland to the cattle cars to the crematorium! Get your friends and family together and get Auschwitz up and running in no time!"? Considering that by historical standards the genocide of Native Americans from Brazil to Canada was on the order of 10 times (on the low end) the magnitude of the Jews during the Holocaust, I'd have to say you don't know wtf you're talking about.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Expeditions: Conquistador
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Expeditions: Conquistador May 31, 2013, 11:49 ebone23

"Genocide - the new world! Play with your friends! Unlock new weapons like smallpox and measles and lay waste to those native heathens! Rape and pillage and make way for a new world order!"  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 14, 2011, 12:21 ebone23

Aww, the Woz is such a good guy. I'm really impressed that the man who literally created apple and then turned his vision to help educate the youth of the Santa Clara valley, gratis no less, gets zero cred, whereas the tyrant w/ vision is given all of the accolades. I guess that's the way of the world. I'm sure a similar analogy could be made about Paul Allen leaving M$.  

News Comments > DOOM 3 Trailer
125. Please... Aug 1, 2004, 01:12 ebone23

... those of you chimps that have found the game, let the rest of us know when/where/why, etc...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Chief Jan 23, 2004, 12:35 ebone23

So... the idea is to bomb the hell out of the country and give the homeless, parentless, limbless children of iraq a #$%^%$^ teddy bear?! Awww, man, you gotta love the sugary sweet love this country can hand out - usually after the cluster bombs have killed scores of civilians. Don't believe the hype.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Political Aug 17, 2003, 12:27 ebone23

Yeah - that whale fart story just burned me up! Damn those confounded liberals and their sneaky tactics...

News Comments > Postal 2 in Dutch?
17. Re: Discrimination? Jan 23, 2003, 14:51 ebone23

I think far too many little assholes, don't see the light of day enough. The fact of the matter is that 1. Gays are still being bound to fence posts in Wyoming and beaten to death. and 2. that because some idiot game creator can't think of new ideas has to rehash his old game, decides from his corner office that all people are fair game, does not make it so. When games begin to mirror reality, as in the new "Vietcong" game, things get a little too close to real life. Keep it abstract or keep it simple. I love america's army for 2 reasons: 1. it's a simple premise: pick up gun, kill enemy and 2. yeah it's propoganda, but once you know that, you can get on w/ your life. Ask any Vietnam vet what the tet offensive was like, and how many buddies he lost during it, and i'm sure the 3 things he will never mention are winning a war, EA games, and what kind of gaming rig he's got. Time to wake up and read the Ny times or go outside for a walk and get some perspective people

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo