Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week
8. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:43 Wolfen

Oh thank god some new stuff! I love this game. Any of you guys wanna play some MP with me?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
21. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 20:09 Wolfen

Spektr wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 16:58:
Stop whining. We have a shitload of post apocalytic games on the PC already and there are more AA games coming our way ( Rage, for instance ) and I still prefer an old game like Fallout than a new console game that everybody will have forgotten one year from now.

Not that UBI makes average. And I think they come from the PC by the way. More games are made for the console but PC games are still better anyway.

No AAA's? I don't want them then.

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
11. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 19:31 Wolfen

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 19:21:
"That was the best $4 I ever spent!"

How is this horse armour? These are actually useful items to ave early in the game. You're getting all the perks of the Gamestop and Amazon versions, with the reward of the Steam TF2 items for practically nothing. Hell, a Latte at Starbucks cost more.

^D^

"Personally" I'd rather have the Latte.

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
4. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 18:47 Wolfen

Sacrifice wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 18:45:
I have yet to play Deux EX HR, so correct me if I am wrong. However, it appears that you get extra money in-game for buying a DLC outside of the game? If so, I am not so keen with that idea.

I don't want to start seeing DLCs that give you money within the game if you spend real life money. I would rather acquire it, from you know, playing the game?

This, and I agree with Creston. I haven't added any of the dlc stuff from burger. I'm just not impressed with most "micro" transactions like these. The bigger DLC's which are more like a add-on of the old days are worth the 10-15 bucks.

News Comments > Scrolls Case Headed to Court
13. Re: Scrolls Case Headed to Court Sep 27, 2011, 19:41 Wolfen

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 18:36:
And this is what is wrong with our legal system: One idiot that thinks he owns rights to a single word; another idiot that is too proud to just pick a new name.

Look, I get it. Bethesda is concerned because the new Elder Scrolls game is coming out in November. But everyone just calls it Skyrim (not Scrolls).

And Yes, I understand Notch is fighting a principle, but dammit man, if you want to piss money down a well, why not do something constructive with it and donate it to a charitable cause instead? You know, like Leukemia research?

They are BOTH idiots.

^D^

He could give me a job.

News Comments > Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter
30. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 23, 2011, 20:13 Wolfen

Raptor wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 11:09:
Hope it gets ported to ATI soon, for me the gold filter (or piss filter as some refer to it) is quite overbearing and actually removes quite a bit of life and contrast from the game, also the mod seems to improve the overall visual quality as well.

Now if there's a mod somewhere which makes Adam not be a shaking idiot in cutscenes I'd go for that too.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this or not, but Boris did say some users reported it working with ATI cards. Just expect no official support and expect anomalies. If you get him a dx9 ati card I am sure he would do it lol.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 23, 2011, 10:39 Wolfen

I think Terraria beat Minecraft 2d to the punch.  

News Comments > Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter
1. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 23, 2011, 10:37 Wolfen

Boris explains that the reason it is only Nvidia supported is because he does not own an ATI card. Just an FYI.  

News Comments > Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games
10. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 21, 2011, 13:05 Wolfen

The dev tools are awesome though.  

News Comments > New Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug/Burger Mod
5. Re: New Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug/Burger Mod Sep 16, 2011, 11:07 Wolfen

I had mentioned this in one of the posts yesterday. I didn't link it for fear of deletion though HAHA  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:08 Wolfen

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 21:57:

Does the burger menu still work?!?!

It's updated on the original forum post.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 15, 2011, 14:27 Wolfen

Jerykk wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 04:26:
The story seems alright, but I have a hard time getting into it due to the distraction of the bad character models and animations. I've played some stealthy and some as a shooter, putting points primarily into Hacking. The gameplay is at it's best if played entirely Stealth, otherwise it doesn't really hold much challenge. This is where playing it your own way falls apart.

Did you enjoy the original DX or System Shock 2? They both suffered from the very same issues (relative to their time, of course). If you did not enjoy both games, your PC Gamer Cred has officially been revoked.

For me, DX:HR's greatest strengths were its open-ended level design and ridiculous attention to detail. You can actually ghost your way through the whole game without neutralizing any non-bosses. Many of your choices have tangible, long-term consequences that actually affect gameplay. And the amount of backstory is insane. I loved reading all the e-mails, newspapers, PDAs and listening to the NPC conversations. If you're thorough enough, you can predict most of the story's big twists long before they happen. There were also a lot of subtle references to the original, which is much appreciated in an age where sequels and/or reboots of classic franchises usually pretend the previous games never existed.

As for performance, you may want to try the ENBSeries mod here: http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm. It improves your framerate and reduces the stuttering that happens in the game's hubs.

I use this and can vouch for it. It does indeed remove the stuttering issues and I did indeed see some speed improvement. I have everything maxed now and it runs fine.

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 15, 2011, 14:25 Wolfen

Creston wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:30:
Wolfen wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 22:16:
Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 16:57:
Shame that it's separate. I guess you can always play right up until you get into the container, play the DLC, then continue back with the main game, but it would have been nice had that just gone seamlessly.

Creston

Treading on spoiler thin ice there man. Now I know there is some damn container at the end. Thanks. =P

Sorry buddy. I'm glad I didn't mention you have the opportunity to hack something in the final mission.

Oh, shi...

Creston

DOUBLE CURSE YOU!!!!

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 14, 2011, 23:07 Wolfen

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 22:46:
Wolfen wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 22:16:
Shame that it's separate. I guess you can always play right up until you get into the container, play the DLC, then continue back with the main game, but it would have been nice had that just gone seamlessly.

Creston

Treading on spoiler thin ice there man. Now I know there is some damn container at the end. Thanks. =P

The last boss is a giant crate.

CURSE YOU ALL!!!

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 14, 2011, 22:16 Wolfen

Creston

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2011, 10:43 Wolfen

Yeah I saw that reddit thread as well. Im totally gonna use that idea lol.  

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com
20. Re: Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com Sep 13, 2011, 15:03 Wolfen

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 12:23:
Wolfen wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 11:44:
Wow! I loved the WC Series. Wasnt sure if they would have it or not. It was like 3 or 4 cd's. Sucker barely ran on my machine. Had to upgrade to a 486dx2 I think it was.

As far as I can remember I had a 486DX2-40 at the time and that was not enough to run the game. You needed at least a DX2-66 but the real fun started at Pentium P5-60/66+ upwards.

Probably what I got. It was so long ago man lol. I hadn't even joined the army yet. 94/95

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com
5. Re: Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com Sep 13, 2011, 11:44 Wolfen

Wow! I loved the WC Series. Wasnt sure if they would have it or not. It was like 3 or 4 cd's. Sucker barely ran on my machine. Had to upgrade to a 486dx2 I think it was.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2011, 17:04 Wolfen

No. THIS is Street Fighter in real life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CuGbxYXmm8  

News Comments > Valve Games on Origin
27. Re: Valve Games on Origin Sep 3, 2011, 17:01 Wolfen

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 13:00:
I think it's maybe cause EA published the retail editions or something.

Yeah, this is what I was gonna guess as well. I am assuming in the contract they must of snuck in something about a online retail store as well or some how have that right to do it via the contract.

I am curious to know what Valve thinks or thought of this when they heard about it.

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo